PDA

View Full Version : Nitro Powerd Remote Control Boats

Wicked_Tahiti
06-23-2006, 09:48 AM
MY RC SUPPLY - Online Dealer (http://www.myrcsupply.com)
Just wanted to let you guys know that we a international retailer/wholesaler of
Remote Control Boats/Cars/Trucks.
We carry a full line of Pro Boat models, from hydrofoils to Deep V's. So if you have a RC boat and need parts, let me know. Or interested in purchasing a RC boat to OUTRUN your full-size boat, we can do that too :cool:
Note: These are Big Boy Toys, and not recomended for the little ones.. Most of these boats will do well over 60mph with the right setup/weather. They are powerd By Nitromethane, Methanol, and a bit of 2-stroke oil to keep everything lubed....
Take a look here
MY RC SUPPLY - Online Dealer (http://www.myrcsupply.com)

Magic34
06-23-2006, 10:02 AM
Is the T-Maxx still the way to go or is there something better now?
***boat discount??? :crossx:

caroftheweek
06-23-2006, 10:03 AM
Is the T-Maxx still the way to go or is there something better now?
***boat discount??? :crossx:
Get the Revo. all the good stuff from the T-Maxx, none of the bad.

Wicked_Tahiti
06-23-2006, 10:06 AM
no, if you want something tough that ISNT a money pit, you want the HPI Savage X. This is the baddest of the bad. Big Block power and full time 4wd. with disc brakes...
The new Tmaxx and Revo 3.3 are OK, but they cant take a beating like the Savage nor do they run a Big Block engine, They run the small blocks. We stock replacement and aftermarket parts for all of the above. so whatever you need we can get it.
Yes i can hook you guys up with discounts if you contact me directly.
Let me know if you need anything

Havasu_Dreamin
06-23-2006, 10:30 AM
I've thought of getting a remote controlled boat to use out in Havasu, out in a cove away from others boats, but every time I see someone with one they use it for like 5 minutes then dick around with it for 20 minutes, use it for 5 minutes, dick around with it for 20 more minutes, repeat, repeat, repeat. Seems to me that they dick around with them more than actually using them.

Todd969
06-23-2006, 10:36 AM
I've thought of getting a remote controlled boat to use out in Havasu, out in a cove away from others boats, but every time I see someone with one they use it for like 5 minutes then dick around with it for 20 minutes, use it for 5 minutes, dick around with it for 20 more minutes, repeat, repeat, repeat. Seems to me that they dick around with them more than actually using them.
Rookies!!! I have 4 and will bring them out and let you play with them.

spectras only
06-23-2006, 10:40 AM
get a gas powered one like mine [ chainsaw engined ] 46" Prather hull .
http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/prather2.JPG
. Zenoah r/c engines runs on regular gas .
http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/prather%201
http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/prather%202

schlepy
06-23-2006, 10:41 AM
Savage, waste of money in my opinion. they always break at the track. hot bodies stadium pro is pretty sick if you want a truggy..

Wicked_Tahiti
06-23-2006, 10:54 AM
well that is becuase they eather didnt read the manual or didnt proporly care for the engine.
people that pull these things out and run them, and then put them down till the next time they wanna play are going to have problems. This is a hobby and there is mantianice involved in it, just like your boats.. However the RC boats are very simple to care for for becuase the "drivetrain" is simple design and need no attention unless something breaks(rare). the engine however does need to be cared for proporly. Using After run oils and keeping it tuned correctly is the key.
And most likey what your seeing isnt "dicking around" but more-so its the user fine tuning the boat to get more speed or stability.
If you have a boat that is new and you make sure to do these things, the only time youll have to stop playing is to re-fuel, and most of us do a HOT REFUEL (bring the boat up, fill it, and take off without killing the engine) so your never really shuting it off unless your done. Once you get the hang of tuning it, itll give you hours of enjoyment without problems.
Also, some boats are powerd by High Performance Fuelie (weed-eater engines) that run off regurlar pump gas, and 2-stroke oil. these are alot easyer to deal with becuase the ambient weather dont effect them as much. so once you have it tuned, and running good, you dont have to ever mess with it again. The down side to them is that they arnt as fast as the nitro powerd ones outa the box. They can be with some minor changes/additions to the engine and Vdrive.
We offer 100% warranty on all our products, and give personal tech support for everything as well, so if you do run into a problem we can get it fixed, no problem.
RC boats/cars/trucks have come along way in the last 2 years and are nothing like the ones from the past. These are a kick in the ass, to say the least, i have more fun outrunning fullsize boats with this than my tahiti. Costs less too. :)
Any other questions or concers, please let me know. ill help as best i can.

26Daytona
06-23-2006, 10:54 AM
I took a HPI Savage and did the 5 HP and extended chassis Truckzilla conversion to it. The thing hauls ass ! It's also all aluminum.
I have 3 Nitro boats and one gas boat, save yourself the headache and go with gas and not nitro. Pro Boat builds a really cool gas power vee for about a grand.

Wicked_Tahiti
06-23-2006, 10:57 AM
Savage, waste of money in my opinion. they always break at the track. hot bodies stadium pro is pretty sick if you want a truggy..
hmm, savage always breaking??? something is wrong with that statement.... maybe they should call us to find out what it is thats making them break other than poor driving......
the hot bodies Lighting Pro R (newest pro truggy model) is this years winningest truggy on the track, fallowed closly by the Jammin CRT in there respective class.
Revo and Savage dominate the Monster Truck Class at our track in Medara California.
Keep in mind that the Savage isnt built to be a racer, its a basher. Built like a tank, and handles like one as too (unless you know what parts to replace).

Wicked_Tahiti
06-23-2006, 11:01 AM
I took a HPI Savage and did the 5 HP and extended chassis Truckzilla conversion to it. The thing hauls ass ! It's also all aluminum.
I have 3 Nitro boats and one gas boat, save yourself the headache and go with gas and not nitro. Pro Boat builds a really cool gas power vee for about a grand.
we have it for less than that.. and ***boaters, i can give you an additional discount on the lot we currently have instock.
Yes the savage is hella fast. I have a 3 speed trans, with a Collari .32, ported and polished, pushing about 4.2hp with 30% nitro. you cant keep the front wheels on the ground. By far the Savage is the most durable truck on the market today. Besides that the aftermarket HOP-UPS being made for it is unmatchable... you can replace everything to be bigger/faster/better than the stock verison.

Havasu_Dreamin
06-23-2006, 12:20 PM
Rookies!!! I have 4 and will bring them out and let you play with them.
Sounds good to me!
And most likey what your seeing isnt "dicking around" but more-so its the user fine tuning the boat to get more speed or stability.
By dicking around I mean the guy sits there pulling on the starter cord like 50 bazillion times before it starts, if it DOES start.

Speedin' Ian
06-23-2006, 12:34 PM
Ok I'm game... Currently I have Mrs Budwieser Hydro (ready to run deal) with .17 motor but I can never get it to run right. For some reason it seems to be flooding the motor and it doesn't matter how I adjust the Needle... I have RC airplanes and I have had nitro cars and never had a problem getting them to run right. Yesterday I went to the hobby store to buy a new motor and the guy told me that the Budwieser may become a collectors item because they quit building them, plus the real boat was retired as well. So now I am going to hang that one up in the river house, but I would like to purchase one that I can run in a little chop at the river and is easy to maintain. I think a little V that runs 30-40 would be perfect. What do you got?

Wicked_Tahiti
06-23-2006, 12:40 PM
I dont believe that any of the new boats come with the pullstarter anymore.. except some of the fuelies
They all have a gear drivin "TigerDrive" Starting system, you can use your cordless drill, or you can purchase a battery opporated unit if you wish.. Pulling is a thing of the past...
http://fastserve.horizonhobby.com/ProdInfo/Gallery/PRB2750-INSETS-DETAILS--M.jpg
[QUOTE] Ok I'm game... Currently I have Mrs Budwieser Hydro (ready to run deal) with .17 motor but I can never get it to run right. For some reason it seems to be flooding the motor and it doesn't matter how I adjust the Needle... I have RC airplanes and I have had nitro cars and never had a problem getting them to run right. Yesterday I went to the hobby store to buy a new motor and the guy told me that the Budwieser may become a collectors item because they quit building them, plus the real boat was retired as well. So now I am going to hang that one up in the river house, but I would like to purchase one that I can run in a little chop at the river and is easy to maintain. I think a little V that runs 30-40 would be perfect. What do you got?
Well both the Shockwave models are great, and there are many aftermarket parts that will make it faster/handle rougher waters... Both are deep v, and are built for harsher conditions. Go with a fuelie youll run into less problems. If you like the Thundercat its nice too, but i dont think it handles like the shockwaves... I have a thundercat also and i prefer it over the shockwave, but i dont have a problem with nitro engines... If you have a good teacher to help you learn about the nitro's you get the hang of it quick. just FYI
Visit the link below and look at the shockwaves.

beaverretriever
06-23-2006, 12:42 PM
OH MAN, I want one. Those things are awesome. Soon as the new boat is paid for, I may order somthing up.

Magic34
06-23-2006, 01:03 PM
So is the Savage faster than the Traxxas product.. Stock for stock?

NautiTwins
06-23-2006, 01:11 PM
Well both the Shockwave models are great, and there are many aftermarket parts that will make it faster/handle rougher waters... Both are deep v, and are built for harsher conditions. Go with a fuelie youll run into less problems. If you like the Thundercat its nice too, but i dont think it handles like the shockwaves... I have a thundercat also and i prefer it over the shockwave, but i dont have a problem with nitro engines... If you have a good teacher to help you learn about the nitro's you get the hang of it quick. just FYI
Visit the link below and look at the shockwaves.
WHat kind of speeds are you seeing out of the cat vs. the V. How about the boat in your sigline? WHat would one of those types run ya?

1manshow
06-23-2006, 01:11 PM
Magic34, you need one of the 1/5 scale gas power http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/3170rc_car_pics_and_random_of_alexa_and_chanell_01 0-med.jpg fg monster beetles instead. These thing run about 40 min on a tank of fuel and they haul azz

RiverDave
06-23-2006, 01:13 PM
I have a couple videos of arguably some of the baddest ass RC Boats on the planet. Their built by Swiss Modellers.. I'll see if I can upload them to you tube. :)
RD

Wicked_Tahiti
06-23-2006, 01:27 PM
WHat kind of speeds are you seeing out of the cat vs. the V. How about the boat in your sigline? WHat would one of those types run ya?
the one in my sig is a custom hull from ABChobbies, its very old. iv used alot of the proboat parts to complete it. I can get boats like that on request, but i dont stock them, and they are abit different than that, as that one is old. they are not painted, no eletronics, no engine, just engine supports, sealed box raido box.
the SW55 is about 35-40 outa the box. and the SW36 is prolly right around the same maybe a bit slower depending on the day. I see alot more V's in rough water and they seems to be able to handle alot better than my Tcat will, although i dont really have a problem unless the winds really blowing... Tcat is prolly alot faster than both on the right day... calm water, no wind, tuned just right... this has just a few upgrades
the SW36 is nitro, and its quick, getting it to go faster is just as easy as the SW55, but the sw55 is a fuelie, so youll get longer engine life, and easyer to maintain. so that is kinda personal preference.
I couldnt make a choice for you becuase i dont know where you wanna take the boat too... smooth water, anything will do, rough water i run the SW55. its almost mantaince free (compairitvly), and itll run all day long without "dicking" as some would say, heh :)

Wicked_Tahiti
06-23-2006, 01:31 PM
yes the HPI savage X 4.1 is alot faster than the Tmaxx 3.3. Although I dont see many drag races, around the track its alot faster. Youll be pulling wheelies right after the breakin process. The Savage XSS 4.6 will be released here shortly, but id go with the X version and add another engine to it later thats more powerfull than the HPI4.6

thumbs
06-23-2006, 01:40 PM
What complete kit would you recommend for a 1st timer that wants a car/buggy to run around on the beach and out in the desert? I would like to spend no more that $300.

NautiTwins
06-23-2006, 01:41 PM
the one in my sig is a custom hull from ABChobbies, its very old. iv used alot of the proboat parts to complete it. I can get boats like that on request, but i dont stock them, and they are abit different than that, as that one is old. they are not painted, no eletronics, no engine, just engine supports, sealed box raido box.
the SW55 is about 35-40 outa the box. and the SW36 is prolly right around the same maybe a bit slower depending on the day. I see alot more V's in rough water and they seems to be able to handle alot better than my Tcat will, although i dont really have a problem unless the winds really blowing... Tcat is prolly alot faster than both on the right day... calm water, no wind, tuned just right... this has just a few upgrades
the SW36 is nitro, and its quick, getting it to go faster is just as easy as the SW55, but the sw55 is a fuelie, so youll get longer engine life, and easyer to maintain. so that is kinda personal preference.
I couldnt make a choice for you becuase i dont know where you wanna take the boat too... smooth water, anything will do, rough water i run the SW55. its almost mantaince free (compairitvly), and itll run all day long without "dicking" as some would say, heh :)
I want something that I can run and not have to worry about the water conditions. I want to be able to jump it off boat wakes, has to be able to do at least 40-50. I have the Miss Budweiser, but I can not seem to find the right prop for it. The perfect boat would be a flat bottom, about 3 feet long, with a weed eater type motor. And workable cav plates.

Wicked_Tahiti
06-23-2006, 01:48 PM
I want something that I can run and not have to worry about the water conditions. I want to be able to jump it off boat wakes, has to be able to do at least 40-50. I have the Miss Budweiser, but I can not seem to find the right prop for it. The perfect boat would be a flat bottom, about 3 feet long, with a weed eater type motor. And workable cav plates.
What scale Miss Bud do you have there are 2 of them. You have the Pro Boat version right, becuase there is another manu of it... Let me know and ill send you the prop, im sure i have one here already. if not i can have it at my california warehouse overnight.
ill msg you with the boats that i have that meet your critirea. just give me about 20 mins.

XClutchboy725
06-23-2006, 01:50 PM
What's the good guy price on that big ShockWave?

NautiTwins
06-23-2006, 01:52 PM
What scale Miss Bud do you have there are 2 of them. You have the Pro Boat version right, becuase there is another manu of it... Let me know and ill send you the prop, im sure i have one here already. if not i can have it at my california warehouse overnight.
ill msg you with the boats that i have that meet your critirea. just give me about 20 mins.
Not sure on the scale. I just have a hard time getting it to plane, once it is up it runs OK. I would rather have something that was more responsive.

Jbb
06-23-2006, 01:54 PM
These two.....are the baddest of the bad... :p In my opinion...
Twin turbine (http://www.rcuniverse.com/mvp/videolink.cfm?postid=1672)
Hydro... (http://www.rcuniverse.com/mvp/videolink.cfm?postid=1673)

NautiTwins
06-23-2006, 02:02 PM
These two.....are the baddest of the bad... :p In my opinion...
Twin turbine (http://www.rcuniverse.com/mvp/videolink.cfm?postid=1672)
Hydro... (http://www.rcuniverse.com/mvp/videolink.cfm?postid=1673)
That hydroplane sounds just like the real thing. Awesome!

Hustler
06-23-2006, 02:14 PM
These boats (http://www.swissmodelpowerboatteam.ch/) are some of the badest I have seen.
By the way RD this is the link you are refering too.

NautiTwins
06-23-2006, 02:19 PM
These boats (http://www.swissmodelpowerboatteam.ch/) are some of the badest I have seen.
By the way RD this is the link you are refering too.
THAT BLUE ONE IS FREAKING AMAZING>

Wicked_Tahiti
06-23-2006, 02:20 PM
That hydroplane sounds just like the real thing. Awesome!
jeez, that dont see to go that fast, you would think with all that hissing they would be able to fly.... coool but not practical. We i believe that all my boats are just as fast, if not faster than that...
but none the less, the actual turbine engine is kool

Wicked_Tahiti
06-23-2006, 02:23 PM
THAT BLUE ONE IS FREAKING AMAZING>
now the twin engine is bad, iv only seen 1 other twin and was plenty fast. I believe that Megatec or something like makes a boat identical to the hull of that yellow "no fear" boat. but its a single fuelie engine (cant fit two inside the bay)

bighead
06-23-2006, 03:25 PM
Is there still any interest in older rc trucks like the tamiya bruiser?? I have one I picked up in Japan while in the military that has been sitting on a shelf for years. What would one of those be worth??

Wicked_Tahiti
06-23-2006, 03:35 PM
there is acutaly a collectors group that i know of, Ill msg you when i find there info. They would be the only people i know of that would want the older stuff like that.
What its worth, i dont have a clue

bighead
06-23-2006, 03:38 PM
thank you wicked tahiti

Wicked_Tahiti
06-24-2006, 06:07 AM
What complete kit would you recommend for a 1st timer that wants a car/buggy to run around on the beach and out in the desert? I would like to spend no more that $300.
I sent you a msg. There are a couple out there under 300, but they dont preform like the big 1/8 scale ones. at least not as much. let me know some more specifics about what you wanna use this buggy/truck for.

Rocknpalms
06-24-2006, 07:54 AM
I have the Pro Boat Miss Bud. Runs great. But I do have alot of experience with nitro and gas R/C plane engines.
The only two problems I have with the boat are I keep breaking the stock plastic props. And it takes on some water. I hear the auto bailer works good.
So are the props you can get the stock plastic or aftermarket steel. Let me know I need to buy some. And the auto bailer.

Wicked_Tahiti
06-24-2006, 08:07 AM
I have the Pro Boat Miss Bud. Runs great. But I do have alot of experience with nitro and gas R/C plane engines.
The only two problems I have with the boat are I keep breaking the stock plastic props. And it takes on some water. I hear the auto bailer works good.
So are the props you can get the stock plastic or aftermarket steel. Let me know I need to buy some. And the auto bailer.
yes, i have some replacement props and i have some High Performace bronze and stainless props for your boat. Do you have the 1/8 scale or the 1/12 scale? I have all kinds of different props. stainless,bronze,plastic,durlin, ect. and all with differnet piches and everything. There are prolly about 45 thatll fit onto your boat.
just let me know what your looking for

Rocknpalms
06-24-2006, 08:13 AM
yes, i have some replacement props and i have some High Performace bronze and stainless props for your boat. Do you have the 1/8 scale or the 1/12 scale? I have all kinds of different props. stainless,bronze,plastic,durlin, ect. and all with differnet piches and everything. There are prolly about 45 thatll fit onto your boat.
just let me know what your looking for
I have the 1/12 RTR
I would like to get a prop that will not break on the boat or my wallet, also looking for more top end speed. Not interested in engine mods just prop change and a spare prop shaft from engine to prop nut.

Wicked_Tahiti
06-24-2006, 08:34 AM
well, all i can say is be carefull with the other HP props, i recomend getting the balancer for them, i seen alot of hulls (not your type) that are messed up becuase of that exact thing, not to note the countless shafts.

Wet Pair-A-Dice
06-24-2006, 08:49 AM
Here are my R/C boats. One miss bud hydro and 2 "BonziSports" boats 50". One with a water cooled engine and one air cooled engine both Gas one is nitro. I prefer the gas ones as oppose the nitro. the aircooled has a shorter run time due the extreme heat in Havasu. The water cooled one is the way to go! (Flamed one in Pic)

Wet Pair-A-Dice
06-24-2006, 08:51 AM
T :rolleyes: ry again!

Wicked_Tahiti
06-24-2006, 09:49 AM
Here are my R/C boats. One miss bud hydro and 2 "BonziSports" boats 50". One with a water cooled engine and one air cooled engine both Gas one is nitro. I prefer the gas ones as oppose the nitro. the aircooled has a shorter run time due the extreme heat in Havasu. The water cooled one is the way to go! (Flamed one in Pic)
very nice