PDA

View Full Version : any info on Kachina 24 tunnel?

bigq
04-16-2002, 10:09 AM
Just woundering if anyone has info on the Kachina "Warrior" tunnel boat. I found a 99 that seems like a decent price, but havn't seen may of them around. Kachina gave me a price of 54k loaded with the 496 mag, which isn't my first choice. The one I was looking at has a crate 502 with bravo drive and he is asking 32k, seems like a great price. How do these handle. Just looking for some feedback for my next boat.
Thanks, Wayne

DogHouse
04-16-2002, 11:40 AM
I recall looking at one at the boat show a couple years back and thinking "wide sponsons, narrow tunnels, looks like a deck boat bottom." My guess is that it will take lots of hp to go fast compared to other performance cats because it won't lift as much. Maybe someone who owns one can confirm/refute this? I'm not too crazy about the shape of the deck but hey, style points are to each his own!
-brian

bigq
04-16-2002, 01:29 PM
yea I havn't decieded if i like the look of it yet, just seen pictures.Wanted to get an idea of how it might handle before I bug the guy.

Craig
04-16-2002, 05:15 PM
That boat bottom is the an old Sillouette bottom Kachina bought the molds for. That boat never did run fast. They are coming out with a 26/27 foot one that's looks like an Awesome. Not bad looking.
Craig

DogHouse
04-16-2002, 05:38 PM
Hey Craig, are there shots of the new Kachina on the web somewhere? Where did you find out about it?
-brian

Catatonic
04-17-2002, 10:21 AM
bigq, my buddy had one of the first 24's to come out of the mold. He was not impressed at all with the speed, weight or workmanship on the boat. The boat ran about 62 mph with a 502 mag mpi and was extremely heavy. I recall running through some good sized chop near Windsor Beach and the underside of passenger dashboard fell out. I was able to get a look at the wiring. It was the worst job that I have ever seen. There were wires just hanging everywhere. Lately Kachina has gotten recognition by some of the performance magazines so I can only assume that they have improved their quality but I, for one am still not a fan.

Craig
04-17-2002, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by DogHouse:
Hey Craig, are there shots of the new Kachina on the web somewhere? Where did you find out about it?
-brian
Donnie talked to Louie about it and I talked to a guy at the boat show. The guy I talked to I thought was Louies partner. They also have a bigger cat, 34'(I think)coming out. Don't know about any pic's.

bigq
04-17-2002, 01:56 PM
Ok, thanks all. I can cross that one off my list. http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/evilgrin/evilgrin21.gif

blown23vee
04-17-2002, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by bigq:
Just woundering if anyone has info on the Kachina "Warrior" tunnel boat. I found a 99 that seems like a decent price, but havn't seen may of them around. Kachina gave me a price of 54k loaded with the 496 mag, which isn't my first choice. The one I was looking at has a crate 502 with bravo drive and he is asking 32k, seems like a great price. How do these handle. Just looking for some feedback for my next boat.
Thanks, Wayne

blown23vee
04-17-2002, 07:49 PM
just a quick note...if that crate 502 boat for 32k is the one in the trader, it's been for sale for about a century. (fyi)