PDA

View Full Version : GM Extended Warranty......???'s

AZJD
06-23-2006, 03:29 PM
Has anyone puchased one, and if so any feedback on the customer service and reliability?
I have an 02 2500HD and was tossing the idea around! Any feedback would be great!

dmontzsta
06-23-2006, 03:30 PM
I would have to say GET IT, it is a gm. :)

AZJD
06-23-2006, 03:31 PM
I would have to say GET IT, it is a gm. :)
How did I know you would be the first one!!! :) :rollside:

voodoomedman
06-23-2006, 03:31 PM
Has anyone puchased one, and if so any feedback on the customer service and reliability?
I have an 02 2500HD and was tossing the idea around! Any feedback would be great!
I bought the GM one on my Malibu. Don't pay full price cuz you can work them on that. Actually talk to Jay and there won't be any haggling. No feedback on customer service though. It's a Chevy it doesn't break. :D No really haven't had to use it. No warranty items with my truck either. I love my Chevy's in the past if there's been a problem with any of them it has been minor.

AZJD
06-23-2006, 03:33 PM
I bought the GM one on my Malibu. Don't pay full price cuz you can work them on that. Actually talk to Jay and there won't be any haggling. No feedback on customer service though. It's a Chevy it doesn't break. :D No really haven't had to use it. No warranty items with my truck either. I love my Chevy's in the past if there's been a problem with any of them it has been minor.
I know, I haven't had a single problem with this truck....but I am driving it alot more now and would feel a lot better if I had it!
I guess it's a good thing Jay happens to be somewhere in the vicinity! :)

MagicMtnDan
06-23-2006, 03:36 PM
I had it on my Avalanche and they treat you like it's still under factory warranty (because it is) :cool: and, if you go to sell your vehicle, it will be the one people will want to buy because it has the extended warranty (it's transferrable). :cool: :cool:

Jordy
06-23-2006, 03:37 PM
I guess it's a good thing Jay happens to be somewhere in the vicinity! :)
My liver is already cringing!!! :D :D :D

Fire Angler
06-23-2006, 03:38 PM
I bought it for my 2002 2500 hd 8.1./ Allison combo.
The only problem that truck had, was letting the Dealership (Glendora chevy) work on it. In short it went from a small transmission leak to replacing the transfer case, the shaft from the transfer case to transaxle, to almost a complete rebuild of the transaxle. :mad:

AZJD
06-23-2006, 03:42 PM
I bought it for my 2002 2500 hd 8.1./ Allison combo.
The only problem that truck had, was letting the Dealership (Glendora chevy) work on it. In short it went from a small transmission leak to replacing the transfer case, the shaft from the transfer case to transaxle, to almost a complete rebuild of the transaxle. :mad:
I hear ya, good service is hard to find.....how many miles?

Go Ciggie
06-23-2006, 03:52 PM
by-all-means step-up and buy it.
just think if you had a electronic control unit and diagnosis fail-it pays for itself or electical phantom code problems or a diag and rep a trans-especially if you are going to tow.
Plus, if you step up and it is not a covered item, dlrs and mfgs may be more inclined to help you with goodwill.
it would be a peace of mind. if transferable, it may help in resale value

Fire Angler
06-23-2006, 03:52 PM
I hear ya, good service is hard to find.....how many miles?
Traded it in with 99k. It would burn a quart of oil towing my rig to glamis and about 1/2 quart pulling the boat to the river, other than that, I loved that truck.
Here is the new one.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/1350106_F350.jpg

CHEETAH24
06-23-2006, 03:54 PM
get GMPP. You have untill the end of factory warranty to buy it.

AZJD
06-23-2006, 05:10 PM
get GMPP. You have untill the end of factory warranty to buy it.
I am already beyond factory warranty.....I need some reccomendations of who to use!

Classic Daycruiser
06-23-2006, 05:50 PM
How much longer do you plan on using the vehicle?
Does the dealer service it now?
Is it a bumper to bumper?
What does it "not" cover
Whats the truck worth?
I spend more in the long run on tires, alignments, brakes, windshields, door dings, rock chips, and car washes. I'd put that money away, and use it as part of a down payment on the next truck.
I have found warranties/ full insurance equal to a house bet in Vegas. The odds of you winning are not very good.

98 Vector 21
06-23-2006, 09:14 PM
I would also consider CNA service contract as well as the GM both are very good! CNA is in AZ and cheeper....

AZJD
06-24-2006, 12:47 AM
Thanks everyone for your input!!!!!!.........

Trailer Park Casanova
06-24-2006, 06:04 AM
I ran a similar thread some years back.
You're gonna need a fuel pump within the warranty peroid and ya want a GM pump.
The dealer charges about $600 bones to do it.
I didn't get the X warranty, and feel that I've saved not doing so,, but I think I will next time.
If you do buy it, get the GMPP, get the longest time, and you can get about 20% off the cost if ya shop.

scarabrick2
06-24-2006, 06:17 AM
I need one also what do you guys think its going to cost , The gmpp ?
04 chevy silverado 4x4

Trailer Park Casanova
06-24-2006, 08:15 AM
I need one also what do you guys think its going to cost , The gmpp ?
04 chevy silverado 4x4
The GMPP is based on the time and miles ya want, and what deductable if any you'll accept.
They other truck builders warranties are no where near as good in what they offer the customer and mechanic doing the work.
The GMPP is the one preferred by the mechanics.