PDA

View Full Version : GM Truck Warranty's S...K!!!!!!

jamessampica
06-23-2006, 03:50 PM
Ok here goes i have to let this out before it piss's me off anymore.
First of all i purchased a 2005 GMC 2500HD with the Duramax and Allison Tran's in it.{USED}Last Sept.I test drove it i liked it so dealing began.The very first ? out of my mouth was is the factory warranty still good with the EDGE programmer in that truck?There were three item's that was changed by the first owner.
1} EDGE Programmer
2}Air intake pipe
3}4 inch exhaust
Now that i need some service on it.No one will touch it under the warranty agree meant.Oh yes that's not all of the story.
The dealership even sold me the extended warranty knowing that all of those changes were done to the vehicle.To those people that live in the valley of the sun do not buy any vehicle from MIDWAY CHEVROLET on BELL RD AND I17 freeway.
IMPLIED WARRANTY ONLY......What the hell does that mean?????
OH yes extened warranty $2450.00 what a scam!!!!!!
SORRY FOR THE BABBLing
JIM S

Kachina26
06-23-2006, 11:31 PM
Didja purchase a genuine GMPP warranty or some BS aftermarket warranty? What exactly won't they cover? Those mods won't void your whole truck, maybe a few items (not likely).

jamessampica
06-24-2006, 07:05 AM
Didja purchase a genuine GMPP warranty or some BS aftermarket warranty? What exactly won't they cover? Those mods won't void your whole truck, maybe a few items (not likely).
I purchased the extended warranty they offered me.72mo.or75,000 miles.
They will not cover anything related to the engine or drivetrain.So what are they giving me for my money?{NOTHING}
JIM S

Kachina26
06-24-2006, 07:31 AM
Well, not knowing if you got a GMPP or some aftermarket stuff, I'm gonna pretend like you have a GMPP. I don't know what exactly you are trying to have repaired, so it's a little tough to figure out what's going on. Your mods don't necessarily void the entire powertrain. The dealer can dig their heels in and say it does, but when push comes to shove, they have to be able to prove it in court. That is tough to do. Now, if you popped the tops off of your injectors because you had the fuel pressure bumped to the hilt, I gotta agree with the dealer. Why should that be covered? If you blew out the trans because your programmer had the line pressure bumped way up, why should they pay for that? If your injector pump took a shiot because that's what those things do, then they should step up. See what I mean? They can't void the entire warranty, heck, they would really have a hard time voiding any portion of it. If this is a GMPP warranty, call the GM customer service number in your owners manual and calmly explain your situation. Maybe leave out the mods for now. Trust me, once customer service gets involved, arms start getting twisted. We covered all kinds of crap that we shouldn't have had to once that call was made.
If this ain't a GMPP, you are focked! Always buy the factory warranty, don't ever let the salesman tell you that the aftermarket one is the same or LOL better. The only thing better about the aftermarket one is the profit margin for the salesman.

jamessampica
06-24-2006, 07:49 AM
The reason this was brought up was because i'm having a problem with a u-joint or a carrier bearing going bad.It seem's like there's alot of slop in the the drivetrain.When i come up to a stop sign or light and let off the brake's there's a clunk when i give it gas.That's the reason for this post.
As for the extended warranty well it's MECHANICAL PROTECTION PLAN from MPP co. INC in Florida by Old united Casualty Company.
I will call the number in the owner's manual and see what they say.Plus the factory warranty is still in effect with only 33,000 miles on it.
JIM S

Kachina26
06-24-2006, 08:17 AM
The reason this was brought up was because i'm having a problem with a u-joint or a carrier bearing going bad.It seem's like there's alot of slop in the the drivetrain.When i come up to a stop sign or light and let off the brake's there's a clunk when i give it gas.That's the reason for this post.
As for the extended warranty well it's MECHANICAL PROTECTION PLAN from MPP co. INC in Florida by Old united Casualty Company.
I will call the number in the owner's manual and see what they say.Plus the factory warranty is still in effect with only 33,000 miles on it.
JIM S
Your mods shouldn't cause a driveline clunk. Go to another dealer for service if this one isn't taking care of you. By all means, call customer service! Also, see if you can get your money back on that piece of crap extended warranty and get the real deal before the factory warranty lapses.
I hope you get this handled. Customer service is a big help. BTW there will be quite a bit of "slop" with this drivetrain config. You might want to drive another and see if it's "normal" . Just a thought

jamessampica
06-24-2006, 08:29 AM
Thank you KACHINA26 for your advice.I have gone to other dealer's and it's all the same BS.
As for the slop maybe someone on here that has one can tell me if this is normal or not.Again Thank you.
It's getting very close to say the hell with it and sell it.
JIM S

onetallhd
06-25-2006, 07:40 PM
I have that same 'clunk' you are talking about. The dealer told me that it is the leaf springs but I swear that it is the driveshaft. I just had my u-joints replaced last week. Good luck with your situation and let me know if they get rid of the 'clunk'.

Little Wood Boat
06-25-2006, 07:57 PM
It's not u-joints. It's the transfer case/transmission out put shaft on the drive shaft slip yoke. It's dry and binding up. This spline is to be lubricated by the transfer case/tranny oil. You're probablly low and don't know it. Easy solution: drop the drive shaft, wipe a finger loaded w/ grease down the yoke, put it back together. Problem solved for 4,000 mis. or so until the grease gets cycled out. if it's a 4wd check the transfer case fluid level and add the GM blue fluid. Had the same clunk myself, that's how I solved my clunk problem. LWB

Kachina26
06-25-2006, 08:31 PM
It's not u-joints. It's the transfer case/transmission out put shaft on the drive shaft slip yoke. It's dry and binding up. This spline is to be lubricated by the transfer case/tranny oil. You're probablly low and don't know it. Easy solution: drop the drive shaft, wipe a finger loaded w/ grease down the yoke, put it back together. Problem solved for 4,000 mis. or so until the grease gets cycled out. if it's a 4wd check the transfer case fluid level and add the GM blue fluid. Had the same clunk myself, that's how I solved my clunk problem. LWBYou can pick up a tube of the grease we used at Napa. I wish I could remember the name, but the trans guy did the shaft lubes :D I believe it was the same red grease we used to lube tranny seals and the like.

Just Tool'n
06-28-2006, 07:04 AM
My buddy had the same problem in his truck, same outcome. Lubed the driveshaft splines, fixed the problem.
Last couple of days, noticing the same thing to my truck, only 34k on a 05 D/Max, time to lube her up!

jamessampica
06-30-2006, 07:33 AM
KACHINA26 check your pm's

jamessampica
07-01-2006, 07:34 AM
KACHINA26 check your pm's
Again Please!!!
My yoke won't come off my tranny!!!!!

1RVRRNR
07-07-2006, 11:45 PM
Gmpp Extended Warranty Is The Only Way To Go.but I Must Disagree With The Gentelman That States To Call Customer Service. Bottom Line Read The Plan It Specifically States Alterations Are Not Covered. I Have The Same Plan, But I Am Also A Service Manager Fot Gmc In So Cal We Take Care Of Our Customers That Bought The Vehicle From Us Regardless What You Have Done To The Vehicle. The Only Problem Most Customers Run In To Is When The Warranty Goes Into Affect And The Extended Warranty Company Sends Out An Inspectors To Verify The Failure And They See The Vehicle Has Been Modified They Will Decline The Repairs And We Have No Leg To Stand On. You Can Call The President Of The United States And Again Read The Contract Before You Buy It. Another Fact Powertrain Warranty From Gm 6 Years 100k Which Ever Occurs 1st Covers Most Of The Engine And Components And A Few Allison Parts.goodluck Need Any Assistance Feel Free To Call Me Scott Pontiac,gmc In El Monte California.

jamessampica
07-09-2006, 12:59 PM
Well i did call the GM customers sevice and they can't get a call back from the dealership.This vehicle was bought with these mod's already done to it.I do'nt understand why they are not standing behind the factory warranty.If it comes to going to court then so be it.I've got a witness that will testify that the salesmen told me that the mod's would not affect my warranty.Well this all suck's!!!!!LATER!!!!!
JIM S

jamessampica
07-14-2006, 05:09 PM
1rvrrnr check your pm's
Oh yes i took the truck in to the dealer and no ?????'s asked and 4hr's later it's done all covered under the factory warranty.All is good.
Changing over to the GMPP plan as soon as the refund come's in the mail.
JIM S
Thank's to all that helped!!!!!!

cola
07-14-2006, 08:14 PM
My buddy had the same problem in his truck, same outcome. Lubed the driveshaft splines, fixed the problem.
Last couple of days, noticing the same thing to my truck, only 34k on a 05 D/Max, time to lube her up!
What if it's not 4x4 should I still grease the spline. Mine makes a little clunk as soon as you lift off the brake and start rolling.
Thanks, Mike

jamessampica
07-15-2006, 02:52 PM
What if it's not 4x4 should I still grease the spline. Mine makes a little clunk as soon as you lift off the brake and start rolling.
Thanks, Mike
COLA i have a 2wd 05 d'max and i had it in the shop for that same reason and they told me that the clunk is because of the allision trans has so much pressure built up in it the clunk is normal.BS or not that is what they told me.
JIM S

V-DRIVE VIDEO
07-16-2006, 12:58 PM
I have a brand new 2006 4X4 long bed 4 door with the allison trans. It has what seems like some excess driveline play somewhere. I was told it was normal and caused by the 2 peice driveshaft. Its had this slop since day one.

BLOWN HOWARD
07-16-2006, 02:28 PM
Jerry take it over to Mark Christopher, they need to put some grease on the tail shaft spline of the tranny, Alot of the trucks are doing this the drive shaft is just sticking alittle bit right there. Causing what feels like a clunk on take off or free play.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
07-17-2006, 07:38 AM
Jerry take it over to Mark Christopher, they need to put some grease on the tail shaft spline of the tranny, Alot of the trucks are doing this the drive shaft is just sticking alittle bit right there. Causing what feels like a clunk on take off or free play.
Thanks!

IMPATIENT 1
07-17-2006, 08:00 AM
Ok here goes i have to let this out before it piss's me off anymore.
First of all i purchased a 2005 GMC 2500HD with the Duramax and Allison Tran's in it.{USED}Last Sept.I test drove it i liked it so dealing began.The very first ? out of my mouth was is the factory warranty still good with the EDGE programmer in that truck?There were three item's that was changed by the first owner.
1} EDGE Programmer
2}Air intake pipe
3}4 inch exhaust
Now that i need some service on it.No one will touch it under the warranty agree meant.Oh yes that's not all of the story.
The dealership even sold me the extended warranty knowing that all of those changes were done to the vehicle.To those people that live in the valley of the sun do not buy any vehicle from MIDWAY CHEVROLET on BELL RD AND I17 freeway.
IMPLIED WARRANTY ONLY......What the hell does that mean?????
OH yes extened warranty $2450.00 what a scam!!!!!!
SORRY FOR THE BABBLing
JIM S
we've had this happen at our dealership as well, but we're not assholes about warranties and would never call the extended warranty company to tattle on ya. if the aftermarket items were on it at purchase, then i would ask for my extend policy costs to be returned or you'll be contacting a lawyer and the better business beauro(sp?).most dealers don't want a bad bbb report and will work it out with ya.if not, i'd go to small claims and get my money back!

meaniam
07-17-2006, 11:25 AM
1rvrrnr check your pm's
Oh yes i took the truck in to the dealer and no ?????'s asked and 4hr's later it's done all covered under the factory warranty.All is good.
Changing over to the GMPP plan as soon as the refund come's in the mail.
JIM S
Thank's to all that helped!!!!!!
you know i havent read thru this all together. but have dealt with alot of the same problems either as a customer or as a service advisor. and i am glad that this was fixed for you. you proably had a tech that was lazy saw it as warrenty work and looked for a reason to get it out of his stall. i had 3 techs like that, it was a bitch tell they learned i wouldnt put up with that shit. so then instead of them turning it down they tried going thru the service manager. service manager would try and fight for the tech tell i went out and showed here she had no clue wtf she was talking about. that fixed my tech problem and when a tech acted up i would starve his ass and he would recive nothing from me tell he got the warrenty work done. dont go back to the original dealership that denied you.
as far as the gmpp plan goes. buy it before the 36000 miles or you may not be able to buy it out. another thing dont wait for the check why? gmpp can be setup on a payment plan with 0% interest divided into like 18 months. if you cant get this deal contact me i will do the best i can to get this done for you thru my finance friend at rotolo in fontana. but really it should be the same every where. you will need to bring the truck so they verify the miles.
i had just spoken with kim in finance at rotolo chevrolet (909)822-1111 she said she would be more then glad to take care of the warrenty for you and yes the gmpp plan is 0% finance and it only took her 10 mins or less to do mine. i love the idea of having my warrenty go upto 107598 mile or tell dec 08 2008.