PDA

View Full Version : Im 33 and headed for a major stroke. WTF?

beaverretriever
06-23-2006, 06:45 PM
I now have to check my blood pressure 3 times a day, everyday. Doctors say Im on my way to a big stroke that will either kill me or mess me up pretty good. If my good habbits dont help, I will have to get on blood pressure meds at fricken 33 yrs old. WTF?
Im only 33, I eat well (low salt, low fat), Im not fat whatsoever, I work out, dont smoke, cut out caffine almost completely, no drugs, rarely drink and live a pretty healthy lifestyle over all. I guess it needs to be even more heathy. LOL.
My blood pressure is around 158 / 95+ most of the time. If Im totally relaxed it will somtimes get in the 140s/80s.
Pretty scary stuff.

funkybunchjr
06-23-2006, 06:49 PM
I'm only 24 and have the samn problems, fuggin sucks. Hang in there, and if they do put you on BP meds, they worked for me really well with no side effects!

beaverretriever
06-23-2006, 06:53 PM
I'm only 24 and have the samn problems, fuggin sucks. Hang in there, and if they do put you on BP meds, they worked for me really well with no side effects!
I just hate taking anything. I feel Im in great shape and I would feel like a douche if I need pills to stay healthy. I guess I would rather be on pills than in a wheel chair or dead.

Jbb
06-23-2006, 06:55 PM
I would feel like a douche if I need pills to stay healthy.
now thats funny..... :rolleyes:

funkybunchjr
06-23-2006, 07:02 PM
I just hate taking anything. I feel Im in great shape and I would feel like a douche if I need pills to stay healthy. I guess I would rather be on pills than in a wheel chair or dead.
I hear ya, it screwed with my head too, but after a while you get used to it. In my case I only had to take them for about a year, my BP has been fine ever sense.

No Name
06-23-2006, 07:03 PM
I eat well (low salt, low fat), Im not fat whatsoever, I work out, dont smoke, cut out caffine almost completely, no drugs, rarely drink and live a pretty healthy lifestyle over all.
Right there is your problem. :D :D :D

Fire Angler
06-23-2006, 07:06 PM
Drink a few Beers a day, that will thin out your blood, thus reducing your blood pressure. :idea: :D

beaverretriever
06-23-2006, 07:08 PM
Drink a few Beers a day, that will thin out your blood, thus reducing your blood pressure. :idea: :D
Thanks doctors, I knew you guys would be a ton of help... LOL :p
I think I feel the best when Im out on the boat. I dont know what I would do without it. Its going to be a tough 4 weeks more waiting for my new one.

GRUNION
06-23-2006, 07:13 PM
Right there is your problem. :D :D :D
I second that..

slotracer
06-23-2006, 07:16 PM
i am 49 now and 11/2 years ago started going though the chest pains and stuff went to the doctor and he told me they think i had a heart attack in my sleep without knowing it. never did find out exactly what caused it but 1 thing is stress. are you stressing alot at work. stress will and has killed people before. i am a superintendent for a construction company in norcal and now when the generals sup's call bitching about something i just tell them it will be taken care of. like my doctor told me everything will work out. do what your doctor tells you. if in doubt get another opion. good luck :rollside:

Back Forty
06-23-2006, 07:17 PM
I now have to check my blood pressure 3 times a day, everyday. Doctors say Im on my way to a big stroke that will either kill me or mess me up pretty good. If my good habbits dont help, I will have to get on blood pressure meds at fricken 33 yrs old. WTF?
Im only 33, I eat well (low salt, low fat), Im not fat whatsoever, I work out, dont smoke, cut out caffine almost completely, no drugs, rarely drink and live a pretty healthy lifestyle over all. I guess it needs to be even more heathy. LOL.
My blood pressure is around 158 / 95+ most of the time. If Im totally relaxed it will somtimes get in the 140s/80s.
Pretty scary stuff.
I was stationed with a guy that was 24 with a wife and little girl at home. He went home on leave and never returned. Had a heart attack and that was it. I'm sure you're taking it serious but I have to say, take it easy.

moneypit
06-23-2006, 07:18 PM
A high Stress lifestyle and genetics will play against you also. I would suggest to keep your BP under control. Having a high BP is like leaving the hose on in the driveway on a hot summer day (with the nozzle closed of course). The artery walls become weak and eventually burst.
I would suggest not only taking the meds, but also look into a more natural homeopathic approach. It would be better in the long run. I would also consult an experienced trainer and see if you can enhance your cardio regiment. You may not be doing all you can to help lower your BP.
I lost my Dad a few years back due to un-maintained BP. He was healthy and 55. Oh and BTW get some good health and life Insurance before all your medical records to out of hand. Its harder to get it if you are considered a risk.

beaverretriever
06-23-2006, 07:19 PM
Everyone says stress. Im pretty stressed out. I have been trying to mellow out a little. I need some more Havasu time. LOL
Im in sales. 100% Commission

gearjammer
06-23-2006, 07:24 PM
that sucks bro

HatenWinter
06-23-2006, 07:33 PM
Dude, I'm with you on this. Im 31 and just started taking BP meds to lower it. I live a healthy life style and work out every other day, cardio for an hour, no weight prob, but my job is stressful at times. My BP has ben high for about 5 years now. I was freaked out about taking a pill for the rest of my life but it's only once a day and if it means I will live to see my grandchildren it's totally worth it. By the way, the one I take has had no side affects at all, which is pretty cool!

sorry dog
06-23-2006, 07:40 PM
I wonder what Rexone's BP is?

slotracer
06-23-2006, 07:42 PM
if you are 100% commission and stressing out bad, look at it this way what's better? living longer or having big bucks that you cannot spend. like moneypit says get some good life insurance now. they have me taken asprian everyday to thin my blood out so it does not clot up any viens. i learned the hard way about it. not fun having your chest start to feel like someone is punching you in the middle of the night when your asleep and wake you up in pain.

beaverretriever
06-23-2006, 07:47 PM
if you are 100% commission and stressing out bad, look at it this way what's better? living longer or having big bucks that you cannot spend. like moneypit says get some good life insurance now. they have me taken asprian everyday to thin my blood out so it does not clot up any viens. i learned the hard way about it. not fun having your chest start to feel like someone is punching you in the middle of the night when your asleep and wake you up in pain.
I have really been much more mellow. You have know idea what a mess I used to be. I have found if Im more mellow I sell more anyways.
Man, you guys talking about life insurance is stressing me out. LOL :220v: :cry: :rollside:

RitcheyRch
06-23-2006, 08:31 PM
Stress and genetics are a huge part in it.

Tom Brown
06-23-2006, 08:37 PM
I recommend a heavy program of laxatives. Don't puss out on the wimpy oral ones, either.

Rowboat
06-23-2006, 08:37 PM
I heard Canibus makes your blood pressure drop :)

Tom Brown
06-23-2006, 08:43 PM
I would also consult an experienced trainer and see if you can enhance your cardio regiment. You may not be doing all you can to help lower your BP.
Since I've gotten into fitness as part of my lifestyle, my whole outlook has really turned around. I used to be hyper and on edge all the time. It seemed like the smallest things would upset me. Now, I'm totally relaxed and don't get upset.
Fitness will help your mental health, as well as your physical health. It will help you appreciate the beauty of life. :)
now thats funny..... :rolleyes:
I've had about enough of your shit, Brian. Next time I see you I'm going to kick your ass. :mad:

98 Vector 21
06-23-2006, 09:33 PM
Im 42 and 2 years ago I had a heart by-pass as part of maintance!

cxr133
06-23-2006, 09:46 PM
one of the easiest ways to control high blood pressure besides exercise and medication....
it to throw the saltshaker away!!! dont add it to you food you get enough naturally!!!!!

GHT
06-23-2006, 10:00 PM
Pretty scary stuff.
I'm in great shape (for my age) and was diagnosed (sp?) with high blood pressure mine sits around 192 / 96 to 180 / 90.. Quit takin' meds too (didn't like side effects). I was 34 when they told me now I'm 37... I'll trade you??? Doc told me it's my job.... Stress
:cry: :cool:

bigq
06-23-2006, 11:02 PM
Had the same problem about 6 years ago. Sugar, grains and lack O3's is a huge problem in our society. To many processed foods. Here is a couple site to look at if you want. I would look into lifting some weights also. Good luck
http://www.proteinpower.com/
http://www.mercola.com/

Jordy
06-23-2006, 11:12 PM
Im 42 and 2 years ago I had a heart by-pass as part of maintance!
40 with a bypass is SCARY!!!
The amazing thing I found, cut down on the calorie intake (especially fast food) eat healthier, exercise a little bit and it goes away on it's own. There is something to be said for it. I'm down about 20 lbs in the last 3 months.
Then again, I've heard quite a few stories lately of guys dropping dead in their mid-30's who worked out on a regular basis. Guess when it's your time, it's your time. Live today like their is no tomorrow, unless you have someone depending on you, then do what you have to do. ;) :) :)

beyondhelpin
06-23-2006, 11:21 PM
Dont let the stress kill you. More important than colesterol. Relax enjoy life. Have a drink take a deep breath. Had a company in my 20s so stressed out I thought I was having a heart attach at 26. Even went to the emergency room. I am 46 nowand my last BP was 70/122 with a pulse of 59. No medications just stress control.
My dad had a heart attach at 55. His older brother died at 58 of a heart attach. Both were highly stessed. Cant stess enough to just relax.

Jbb
06-24-2006, 12:38 PM
I've had about enough of your shit, Brian. Next time I see you I'm going to kick your ass. :mad:
:eek:
Threats will not be tolerated on this forum........Brownnnn... :mad:

Sleek-Jet
06-24-2006, 12:46 PM
Cant stess enough to just relax.
Interesting choice of words... :D :D :D
Try rubbing one out everyday... that should relieve some pressure. :idea:

meaniam
06-24-2006, 02:35 PM
im 28 now and feel im an average guy at 6ft2 and 236lbs. i have been on bp medicine for 3 years now. when i started i was taking 2 pills a day. i told my doc i was sick of fing doing it and wasnt seeing it drop much. he placed me on dyazide 37. 1 pill a day and the results were quick. the good thing is no migranes no more. and it seems like i tolerat the heat better. bad things. i sunburn easier and have to piss alot. my blood pressure problems run in the family. my father was diagnosied with high bp at 19 when in the service, they told him to take his pills he didnt. in 96 he had 6 heart attacks in one year. we had a machine shop that was doing well. that had to be sold to pay the medical bills. he went by fine after that for about 5 years then started haveing problems agian we thought he was going to die. due to him not taking his blood pressure meds all his life. his heart had to work harder to pump. his heart had built muscle and is to big for his cavity. under its own power his heart was only beating 29-36 beats a min cuasing him to black out. and his ekg always shows him as having a heart attack. he has had to get the heart burned 2 or 3 times now and he has a pace maker and difibulator, installed in his chest. when this was all being done he spent about 7 months in and out of the hospital. he has been admited in 3 times this year so far. his pace maker need to be tuned every few months. it is a bad ordeal for him and us as a family.
so what i would like to say is take the bp meds like you have been told. if not for you, do it for your family.
also it is most of the time cheaper to buy your bp meds without using insurance. i get mine filled at sams 90 day supply for less then 9 dollars. co pay is 5 for 30 day supply.

beaverretriever
06-24-2006, 02:40 PM
thanks for all the info. Like I said, my main thing I need to do is mellow out. I dont salt anything. Eating out is bad though, and we do that alot.

Trixie
06-24-2006, 05:34 PM
I am 34 and have been on BP meds since I was 22... I am not overweight and I am healthy, just something some of us have to deal with. Take the med, exercise and eat right and you will be fine :rollside:

Jbb
06-24-2006, 05:41 PM
Been on BP meds for years myself,do a little research into why it is called the silent killer...a pill once a day is simple insurance...

cxr133
06-26-2006, 11:43 AM
BUMP
Los Angeles Times, Health Section Page 3
has an article on increased blood pressure today.
says to eat more fruits and vegetables!!!

Mrs. Bordsmnj
06-26-2006, 11:59 AM
I am 35 and have been on BP meds for a couple of years. Runs in the family. My blood pressure has been iffy since I was in my early twenties and finally in my thirties, doc said its meds or I will end up a veggie after a stroke or dead. It took several months and tons of different meds to find ones that worked with minimal side effects. I smoke and don't always workout as much as I should. And I have some extra pounds to lose too. I do know my BP kicks a$$ when I workout regularly and eat healthy, consistantly.
I just read my own paragraph and I sounds like a jacka$$. I have high blood pressure yet I still smoke??? And I know how good I feel if I eat healthy and workout yet I don't always stick to that??? I am lame.

Cruzzze
06-26-2006, 12:46 PM
Here's the bottom line, tomorrow, go get on BP meds! Don't wait, I had a heart attack at 39, and my BP was only 139 over 89.....I'm on Coreg, it's awesome, no side effects, no problems, BP 110/65....they are there if you want them, I guanatee it works and you feel better with less stress. Stay around to be 90 yrs old, get on them, there is no ill effects...... :)