PDA

View Full Version : Anybody used one of these?

Perfect Mixer
06-23-2006, 08:53 PM
http://images17.fotki.com/v323/photos/5/517107/3700707/air_pc5740-vi.jpg?125190
A friend of mine at work just gave me the card and just wants someone to take over the rest of the contract on it. It's got 1 year left at $59 a month. Anybody had any experience with it? Good bad or indiferent? I was going to use it at work due to the limited access through the companies PC.

mbrown2
06-23-2006, 09:15 PM
That's all I use anymore......have an apartment in AZ and always travel to Texas, and don't even need broadband in the hotel or apartment....Also, use it when traveling to the river on Fridays....From the 805 all the way to Rice road I can stay connected without issue while moving.....basically always online with the office.....does not come in Parker though.

GHT
06-23-2006, 09:19 PM
Got one through the company and use it when I'm out of the office (Verizon). It is GREAT!!! I have used it in Oklahoma, NV, TX. Phx/AZ.
Only draw back is it (Verizon) doesn't work in Havi.... Had to go with a cable provider here..

Perfect Mixer
06-23-2006, 09:24 PM
Only draw back is it (Verizon) doesn't work in Havi.... Had to go with a cable provider here..
That was what I was worried about. I tried using it last weekend at the Nautical and I didn't get any connection at all. I was hopeing it was just a dead area. I'm going to try and use it this weekend on our way to Shasta and see what happens. Thanks for the input.
Sam

Jyruiz
06-23-2006, 09:26 PM
We demo'd the Verizon, work pretty well. We went with the Sprint though, larger coverage for the areas we needed and works in Havi, it only work in dialup speed in Havi though.

GHT
06-23-2006, 10:05 PM
That was what I was worried about. I tried using it last weekend at the Nautical and I didn't get any connection at all. I was hopeing it was just a dead area. I'm going to try and use it this weekend on our way to Shasta and see what happens. Thanks for the input.
Sam
Couldn't get a connection at Starbucks, my house, or in the middle of the lake (tryin' to do work while my son was fishin').

riverbound
06-23-2006, 10:10 PM
Using mine right now. I use it all over the place as I do alot of traveling. and it works in Parker. Which makes it nice for the days I leave early. or those Mondays that I just couldnt leave on Sunday. ;)

Tom Brown
06-23-2006, 10:27 PM
I've got a 1x card and it kicks ass. I'm using it right now from a detox cell in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan. Can you imagine how boring this would be with no ***boat?

voodoomedman
06-23-2006, 11:21 PM
I've got one on my work laptop and it works pretty good. I'm mobile all day long and it works everywhere in SoCal. Some areas slow some areas fast. Does not work in Havi though. I just went Verizon with my personal cell and it works great in Havi actually. But with the wireless cards you need to actually hit Verizon's tower and not be roaming. The closest tower is on the Cali side somewhere by Havasu Landing. So if you drive around town you can maybe find a spot to get connected for a couple of minutes.

GunninGopher
06-24-2006, 09:39 AM
How old is that card? Some of the newer ones work a little faster when the connection is good.

voodoomedman
06-24-2006, 09:55 AM
How old is that card? Some of the newer ones work a little faster when the connection is good.
That looks like the newer ones.