PDA

View Full Version : See? They Die in 3's.....Here's #2....................

Rod-64
06-24-2006, 09:56 AM
Patsy Ramsey, JonBenet's mother, dies
ATLANTA, Georgia (CNN) -- Patsy Ramsey, mother of slain 6-year-old JonBenet, died Saturday of ovarian cancer, her lawyer told CNN. She was 49.
She died about 3:30 a.m. at her father's house with her husband by her side, lawyer Lin Wood said. She was diagnosed with cancer in 1993 but was cancer-free for nine years until a relapse three years ago.
The unsolved killing of JonBenet in December 1996 put Patsy and John Ramsey, the girl's parents, in the spotlight. (Watch as lawyer describes how suspicions affected the Ramseys -- 5:41)
A grand jury investigation into the death of the child beauty pageant winner ended without charges in 1999.
JonBenet's beaten and strangled body was found in the basement of the family home in Boulder, Colorado, the day after Christmas.
The Ramseys said an intruder committed the crime, but they remained the subject of suspicion and speculation.
"I think people realize now that this family was very much victims of that murder and have suffered greatly because of it in terms of the false accusations made against them," Wood said.
"But again, they have shown great dignity and courage to deal with the situation, a very difficult situation," he added.
"I think people will remember Patsy as being someone who was falsely accused in connection with the death of her daughter, when she should be remembered for being an incredibly loving mother, a wonderful wife, and a person who showed great courage in fighting a vicious disease over the last many years," Woodtold CNN.
"She should be an example to others who face cancer, that there can be a win, a victory, because she lived for over 10 years with the disease, and, I think, was able to accomplish a lot in her life and spend valuable time with her family and friends."
The Ramseys left Colorado and had a house in Charlevoix, Michigan, where John Ramsey unsuccessfully ran for office in 2004, and in Atlanta, Georgia.

Rod-64
06-24-2006, 09:59 AM
Who's next? Abe Vigoda? Paul Newman? Dick Clark?

Rod-64
06-24-2006, 10:03 AM
Hey! I just found #3!! :crossx:
'Darwin's tortoise' dies, age 176
SYDNEY, Australia (AP) -- A 176-year-old tortoise, believed by some to have been owned by Charles Darwin, has died in an Australian zoo.
The giant tortoise, known as Harriet, was long reputed to have been one of three tortoises taken from the Galapagos Islands by Darwin on his historic 1835 voyage aboard the HMS Beagle.
However, historical records, while suggestive, don't prove the claim, and some scientists have cast doubt on the story, with DNA tests confirming Harriet's age but showing she came from an island that Darwin never visited.
According to local legend, Harriet was just five years old and probably no bigger than a dinner plate when she was taken from the Galapagos to Britain.
She spent a few years in Britain before being moved to the Brisbane Botanic Gardens in Australia's tropical Queensland state in the mid-1800s, where she was mistaken for a male and nicknamed Harry, according to Australia Zoo, which later bought the 150-kilogram (330-pound) tortoise.
The Queensland-based zoo is owned by "Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin and his wife Terri.
"Harriet sadly died last night after, thankfully, a very short illness," senior veterinarian Jon Hanger told the Australian Broadcasting Corporation on Friday.
"She'd been sick yesterday with, in effect, heart failure. She had a very fairly acute heart attack and thankfully passed away quietly overnight," Hangar said.
Irwin said he considered Harriet a member of the family.
"Harriet has been a huge chunk of the Irwin family's life," Irwin said Saturday.
"She is possibly one of the oldest living creatures on the planet and her passing today is not only a great loss for the world but a very sad day for my family. She was a grand old lady."
Harriet was believed to be the world's oldest living tortoise, and one of its oldest living creatures. Despite her longevity, however, Harriet is not the world's oldest known tortoise.
That title was awarded by the Guinness Book of World Records to Tui Malila, a Madagascar radiated tortoise that was presented to the royal family of Tonga by British explorer Captain James Cook in the 1770s. It died in 1965 at the ripe age of 188.
Scientist Paul Chambers cast doubt on Harriet's Darwin connection in an article in the New Scientist magazine and a book, "The Unexpected History of the Giant Tortoise."

HavasuSelect
06-24-2006, 10:05 AM
I thought the 3rd one was Aaron Spelling.

Rod-64
06-24-2006, 10:07 AM
I thought the 3rd one was Aaron Spelling.
No....I pegged him as the first.........I guess I'm on death watch this weekend. :skull: :skull: :crossx: :crossx:

Rod-64
06-24-2006, 10:08 AM
I must be in a gloomy mood since I can't do no boating this weekend. :mad: :D :D

Hallett19
06-24-2006, 10:52 AM
Didnt J Howard Marshall's son die too ?

BigDoug
06-24-2006, 11:04 AM
Rod is on "Death Patrol" folks. :)

wsuwrhr
06-24-2006, 11:42 AM
Yes sir,
While everyone else is greiving, Anna Nichole Smith will be laughing all the way to the bank.
Brian

dmontzsta
06-24-2006, 04:00 PM
Who will be next? Aaron Spelling again?

NautiII
06-24-2006, 05:06 PM
F#ck Patsy Ramsey. That poor little girl did not deserve to die. Patsy can rot in hell.....That investigation was screwed up from the start. Her husband should be close behind!!!!!!!!Ask any other L.E. INvestigators on here and I think you will get the same opinion.

RitcheyRch
06-24-2006, 08:30 PM
I coudlnt agree more.
F#ck Patsy Ramsey. That poor little girl did not deserve to die. Patsy can rot in hell.....That investigation was screwed up from the start. Her husband should be close behind!!!!!!!!Ask any other L.E. INvestigators on here and I think you will get the same opinion.

BigDoug
06-24-2006, 09:48 PM
Your probably right !!

MagicMtnDan
06-24-2006, 10:57 PM
Ouch!

SmokinLowriderSS
06-25-2006, 05:37 PM
You can't count Patsy Ramsey. That was Karma returning for a social call. Good riddance.

76BARRON
06-25-2006, 05:55 PM
YES he did.
One of the COOL things he did and the New's won't remember or say... is he was one of the guy's that ran the real "CANNONBALL RUN" from coast to coast with Broc Yates and others.

SOCALDETAIL1
06-25-2006, 06:17 PM
TRUE!!!!!

slowinhavasu
06-25-2006, 07:31 PM
That's pretty harsh..... :220v: