PDA

View Full Version : Cabo - Trip......

FRENCHIE
06-24-2006, 10:32 AM
Im looking at goin to Cabo for 4 dayz in the end of august with some friends...prob a thrusday through a sunday....never been before.
any advise with places to stay and flight hookups.....??
ceratin websites to visit offering deals you know of...??
im not concerned with where to go once there at the moment, just what are good places to stay at and that offer a good deal or package!!
thanx Frenchie! :cool:

BigDoug
06-24-2006, 11:06 AM
Good to see you back Frenchie !!! :)

burtandnancy
06-24-2006, 11:13 AM
Just got back from eight fabulous days. Everything was perfect, but you may have a little hotter weather. Naturally, all the hot spots; The Office, Ediths, Mi Casa, The Trailer Park and when you run out of money and want to try a meal with the locals at a fraction of the price, take a taxi to Latitude 22. Lot of great sidewalk restaurants down in the Marina near the Harley dealer. Remember - No Bad Days...

BALLSDEEP
06-24-2006, 11:25 AM
Im looking at goin to Cabo for 4 dayz in the end of august with some friends...prob a thrusday through a sunday....never been before.
im not concerned with where to go once there at the moment, just what are good places to stay at and that offer a good deal or package!!
Check Travelzoo.com. http://vacations.travelzoo.com/mexico-vacations/245389 I just received an email on Thursday and they had a deal to Cabo. For $600.00 you get 5 days with roundtrip air from LAX staying at an all inclusive 4 star resort. Its kind of hard to pass up, I am trying to get some friends together to go

FRENCHIE
06-24-2006, 11:30 AM
Good to see you back Frenchie !!! :)
ive been back... at havasu almost every weekend (well 12 of the last 15) since end of frebruary with all my regulars.... SHAKE-YO-AZZ, Phat Matt, Kilrtoys, Roxysnows, Windy and Bob, Plya Plya, TrimmMan, Extreme Liquid.....peeps ive always been good freinds with!!
thanx anyway......
:cool:

FRENCHIE
06-24-2006, 11:30 AM
Check Travelzoo.com. http://vacations.travelzoo.com/mexico-vacations/245389 I just received an email on Thursday and they had a deal to Cabo. For $600.00 you get 5 days with roundtrip air from LAX staying at an all inclusive 4 star resort. Its kind of hard to pass up, I am trying to get some friends together to go
thanx

It's all Good
06-24-2006, 11:48 AM
That is a good deal. Presidente Intercontinental Los Cabos is pretty far from the happening areas. You'd be spending a lot of time in a cab. I prefer to stay closer to town, like the Melia Cabo San Lucas or Pueblo Bonito. Lot of options.

BALLSDEEP
06-24-2006, 11:57 AM
That is a good deal. Presidente Intercontinental Los Cabos is pretty far from the happening areas. You'd be spending a lot of time in a cab. I prefer to stay closer to town, like the Melia Cabo San Lucas or Pueblo Bonito. Lot of options.
I heard the same thing, its kind of on the out skirts.... But it would probably still be fun.

Windy
06-24-2006, 01:00 PM
Frenchie...Cabo kicks ass but its gonna so freaken hot and humid there in August...have fun, and Im sure we'll see you next weekend in Havi.

FRENCHIE
06-24-2006, 02:00 PM
Frenchie...Cabo kicks ass but its gonna so freaken hot and humid there in August...have fun, and Im sure we'll see you next weekend in Havi.
thanx...and yup ill be up thursday through wed july 5th.

Partycattin
06-24-2006, 02:08 PM
We stayed at a place..I think it was called Marina Fiesta. Nice pool, swim up bar and an easy walk to The Office, beach and downtown. No cab rides needed. There are a lot of places to eat nearby. Only downside is that you have to walk about 5-10 minutes out of the harbor to the beach. Rooms were nice.

BigDoug
06-24-2006, 03:03 PM
Frenchie, i ment on the boards, iv'e seen you alot in Havasu too. :)

jbone
06-24-2006, 04:02 PM
There is a special for that time frame to stay in the all inclusive Presidente Intercontinental Los Cabos with airfair for 5 days for 599 per person.
Here is the link.
http://www.cheapcarribean.com/specialAvailability.jsp?pacID=1118
We just booked to go on Aug 24 to the 30th.
J

jbone
06-24-2006, 04:06 PM
I just realized this was already mentioned. Yes, it is a ways from the party atmosphere, but we are taking our little girls 4 and 5) so the swim up pool bar will be fine for us.
Does anyone have info on fishing. Not marlin stuff, maybe some tuna or dorado.
Good luck Frenchie,
J

purrfecttremor
06-24-2006, 09:42 PM
We go every year in oct. to see sammy at cabo wabo.Never had a bad day there! Have fun frenchie.We stay at the Playa Granda above the marina and its beutiful.

rojo4
06-25-2006, 09:28 AM
Frenchie
Great choice in vacation spots. I highly recommend the Melia in Cabo San Lucas. I believe you have the option of purchasing an all inclusive package which I prefer due to heavy alcohol consumption. Its also crawling distance from the office and downtown Cabo. They have a great pool with a swim up bar and all the other resort amenities. Another option you may want to look at are the Villas located in Pedregal. These are privately owned homes in a gated community right next to town. Some of these villas are like palaces and if you have enough people you can get the cost pretty low. As for airfaire American, Alaska and Mexicana are the major airlines that fly into Los Cabos Intl.
PM me if you would like more information as i just booked the same trip for the week prior to when you plan on going.
Rojo

PBOCOP
06-25-2006, 09:38 AM
I go to Cabo every year. I stay at Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach. It is a beautiful place and awesome to stay at. But if you are going to party and real close to town, I would stay at Pueblo Bonito Blanco or Pueblo Bonito Rose. They are right on the beach and closer to town. Sunset Beach is newer and all the rooms look at the ocean, sand, with waves crashing as you sleep. But you can't swim on that side of the ocean, where at Rose and Blanco you can. Sunset Beach is about a 5 min taxi ride, where the others are about a 2 min tax ride.
Cabo is awesome. Let me know if you have other questions. I go each year.
Patrick O'Malley

FRENCHIE
06-26-2006, 08:15 AM
I go to Cabo every year. I stay at Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach. It is a beautiful place and awesome to stay at. But if you are going to party and real close to town, I would stay at Pueblo Bonito Blanco or Pueblo Bonito Rose. They are right on the beach and closer to town. Sunset Beach is newer and all the rooms look at the ocean, sand, with waves crashing as you sleep. But you can't swim on that side of the ocean, where at Rose and Blanco you can. Sunset Beach is about a 5 min taxi ride, where the others are about a 2 min tax ride.
Cabo is awesome. Let me know if you have other questions. I go each year.
Patrick O'Malley
thaxn alot!!

XtrmWakeborder
06-26-2006, 11:30 AM
We go every year in oct. to see sammy at cabo wabo.Never had a bad day there! Have fun frenchie.We stay at the Playa Granda above the marina and its beutiful.
Ditto on this place. My friends and i stayed in the presidential suite for a week, nice place. Also it's a short stumble back after a night out.

TRIMM MANN
06-26-2006, 12:16 PM
ive been back... at havasu almost every weekend (well 12 of the last 15) since end of frebruary with all my regulars.... SHAKE-YO-AZZ, Phat Matt, Kilrtoys, Roxysnows, Windy and Bob, Plya Plya, TrimmMan, Extreme Liquid.....peeps ive always been good freinds with!!
thanx anyway......
Leon,
I will be there Thurs -Tues the 4th. See you there Brotha :crossx:

Debbolas
06-26-2006, 12:57 PM
She is right! Scream and I went there, back in 1989, in January. We saw whales right off the beach (cause it drops down) it was fun and we got sunburned ! In January!!
The name of the hotel was Hotel Sol Mar, it was right on the beach, but this was a LONG time ago, before they paved the streets there, so I'm not sure if it is there anymore.
Have fun!
xoxo
Deb
;)

Second "PLACE"
06-26-2006, 01:15 PM
Never had a bad time in Cabo that's for sure. :p
Frenchie, make SURE to stop by Sammy's joint---the Cabo Wabo Cantina. Good times.

rvrhlic
06-26-2006, 01:23 PM
Frenchie
Great choice in vacation spots. I highly recommend the Melia in Cabo San Lucas. I believe you have the option of purchasing an all inclusive package which I prefer due to heavy alcohol consumption. Its also crawling distance from the office and downtown Cabo. They have a great pool with a swim up bar and all the other resort amenities. Another option you may want to look at are the Villas located in Pedregal. These are privately owned homes in a gated community right next to town. Some of these villas are like palaces and if you have enough people you can get the cost pretty low. As for airfaire American, Alaska and Mexicana are the major airlines that fly into Los Cabos Intl.
PM me if you would like more information as i just booked the same trip for the week prior to when you plan on going.
Rojo
I agree, every time I go, (once or twice a year) I stay at the Melia San Lucas (http://www.solmelia.com/solNew/hoteles/jsp/C_Hotel_Description.jsp?idSolRes=5833). It is a great location you can walk downtown and it also is where Nikki Beach is. I am not sure it is the cheapest but I think it is one of the best all round hotels there.
Just watch out because some hotels say cabo san lucas but are a LONG cab ride to get to town. It really depends on what you are looking to do. If you are looking to party, you want to be close to town. If you are looking to relax and just stay by the pool or on the beach then it really doesn't matter.

FRENCHIE
06-26-2006, 08:10 PM
Leon,
I will be there Thurs -Tues the 4th. See you there Brotha :crossx:
cool ill be up fri early, and until wednesday...got 6 fine ones comin dont miss this kenny!!!
thanx for all the feedback on cabo everyone...still lookin anymore advicse is welcomed!!!

duffster
06-26-2006, 08:18 PM
Cabo in August??? Set your oven at 450 do a shot and put you head in side. That is what it's going to feel like at that time. Janurary is the best time to go well I think.

INSman
06-26-2006, 09:12 PM
cool ill be up fri early, and until wednesday...got 6 fine ones comin dont miss this kenny!!!
thanx for all the feedback on cabo everyone...still lookin anymore advicse is welcomed!!!
go to Cabo already :220v:

BoatFloating
06-26-2006, 09:19 PM
Hey Frenchie if you haven't booked your travel yet check out my site. It searches all the major search engines for the best prices insrtead of going to all the different sites. I can even show you how you can write trip off. Check it out.
Travel Site (http://www.rockyourworld.worldventures.com/)

INSman
06-26-2006, 09:24 PM
Hey Frenchie if you haven't booked your travel yet check out my site. It searches all the major search engines for the best prices insrtead of going to all the different sites. I can even show you how you can write trip off. Check it out.
Travel Site (http://www.rockyourworld.worldventures.com/)
Hey Rock, is this a real site ??

BoatFloating
06-26-2006, 09:56 PM
Hey Rock, is this a real site ??
Yes sir try it out.