PDA

View Full Version : Ford still #1 selling truck

cc322
01-06-2006, 07:20 AM
Ok found this for the Ford boys to read
According to "Automotive News" Magazine- Ford sold 139,609 more trucks than Chevy in 2005.
Ford sells WAY more trucks than Chevy. They have for a long time. This was a TOTAL vehicle sales count. Ford will still hold the "Best Selling Truck" title.
What a year. In the end, chevy gets bragging right for top selling brand, while Ford retains the largest selling pickup- which also happens to be the largest selling anything.[/

INSman
01-06-2006, 07:21 AM
yeah, but it is still just a FORD :hammerhea :sleeping:

Tom Brown
01-06-2006, 07:22 AM
Where does Skoda fit in the rankings?

NOTALENT
01-06-2006, 07:23 AM
According to "Automotive News" Magazine- Ford sold 139,609 more trucks than Chevy in 2005.
Ford sells WAY more trucks than Chevy. They have for a long time. This was a TOTAL vehicle sales count. Ford will still hold the "Best Selling Truck" title.
What a year. In the end, chevy gets bragging right for top selling brand, while Ford retains the largest selling pickup- which also happens to be the largest selling anything.[/
Did they incorporate GMC with that...???? :idea: :D I call B.S Jay what's the verdict??

riverbound
01-06-2006, 07:25 AM
:idea: Did they incorporate GMC with that...???? :idea: :D I call B.S Jay what's the verdict??
Did ford count Lincoln Sales??? :idea:
Obviously Chevy and GMC are two different brands.....ask Jay for a GMC and see if he can get you one ;)

cc322
01-06-2006, 07:26 AM
Yes includes GM re read this part
Ford retains the largest selling pickup- which also happens to be the largest selling anything.[/

cxr133
01-06-2006, 07:26 AM
its probably true ... Tahoe and Suburban are not classified at trucks so they dont fit into this category!!!!
the Ford trucks probably sell better than the silverado's...etc.

dmontzsta
01-06-2006, 07:32 AM
Thats awesome. :)

Havasu Hangin'
01-06-2006, 07:38 AM
If Ford is selling more, it just means that there are more stupid people than smart people in this country.
That's all.

cc322
01-06-2006, 07:43 AM
If Ford is selling more, it just means that there are more stupid people than smart people in this country.
That's all.
Boy that was a STUPID coment :argue:

Havasu Hangin'
01-06-2006, 07:47 AM
Boy that was a STUPID coment :argue:
I know you are but what am I?

Charley
01-06-2006, 07:50 AM
I've owned both....My Chevy for much less time so..the verdict is still out... this I know.... my Ford was way bigger inside, My Chevy is way nicer inside.
My chevy rides nicer, Only other truth I can offer is ... when your chevy is wet don't roll down your windows your window controls get soaked! looks instead of function :idea:

hoolign
01-06-2006, 08:04 AM
That's all.
:D

Havasu Hangin'
01-06-2006, 08:06 AM
... when your chevy is wet don't roll down your windows your window controls get soaked! looks instead of function :idea:
How smart do you have to be to roll down your windows in the rain? Next are we gonna hear about the "accident" that occurred when you tried to use a 22 caliber bullet as a fuse?
Charley...you need to be put into the "Ford" category...

cc322
01-06-2006, 08:07 AM
I know you are but what am I?
:D

Jeanyus
01-06-2006, 08:09 AM
Of course nobody buys a Ford truck with a ford engine in it. The only way to sell a Ford truck is to put a cornbinder (international) engine in it.
By the way stoopid is spelled with 2 Os

hoolign
01-06-2006, 08:09 AM
How smart do you have to be to roll down your windows in the rain? Next are we gonna hear about the "accident" that occurred when you tried to use a 22 caliber bullet as a fuse?
How else do you empty the ashtray?? :rolleyes:

cdog
01-06-2006, 09:15 AM
You callin Jay a lier? :rollside:

Just Tool'n
01-06-2006, 09:23 AM
So I have never heard this story about using a 22LR as a fuse, lets hear the real story now!

dmontzsta
01-06-2006, 09:28 AM
Ford has always built a better truck. That is why they continue to sell more. My friend bought a 2003 Tahoe, 2 years ago. It was an end of year deal and he got $10k off the invoice? WTF. It really shows lately, chevy has been giving their shit away. It doesnt matter how many they sell, if they are not making much. IMO chevy is doing bad right now, they are trying not to show it though. You see more and more people buying cars, instead of trucks, cause of the big gas scare we just had. All chevy has for cars are pretty much trash. :)

KLEPTOW
01-06-2006, 09:34 AM
Boy this is one way to split the Lynch Mob!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HammerDown
01-06-2006, 09:35 AM
Yea, and it's still the best American name plate truck.
That is if you really want a (Truck).

Jeanyus
01-06-2006, 09:40 AM
In 1984 I bought a new Ford f-250, diesel, by far the worst vehicle I have ever owned, I gave up trying to get the glow plugs to work, it was a gutless smoker, and got 15 MPG.
In 1991 I traded it in on a 3/4 ton Chevy 454. It has never failed to start has power and gets 13 MPG. I put 230,000 miles on it with minor repairs.
I pull heavy trailers, hual lumber, construction materials and tools every day.
Yea Fords are better :rolleyes:
Ford sells more trucks than Chevy, just proves the saying " a sucker is born every minute".

hoolign
01-06-2006, 09:41 AM
Ford has always built a better truck. That is why they continue to sell more. My friend bought a 2003 Tahoe, 2 years ago. It was an end of year deal and he got $10k off the invoice? WTF. It really shows lately, chevy has been giving their shit away. It doesnt matter how many they sell, if they are not making much. IMO chevy is doing bad right now, they are trying not to show it though. You see more and more people buying cars, instead of trucks, cause of the big gas scare we just had. All chevy has for cars are pretty much trash. :)
Since when has Ford been building a better truck?? Are you referring to the overweight powerstroke, which literally pushes the front end down into the mud to render the truck stuck?? and beat the suspension out of them cause they are so damn heavy..or was the twin eye beam front ends that chewed ball joints faster than Hanson on a 12 pack?? I don't think that anyone can have an opinion on a product unless they have owned them. Driving a truck on the pavement everyday does not show anyone what a truck is good for! Take the things into some real shit for a year, drive on beat to shit roads, use the 4x4 for more than going up a wet driveway..then come back with "ford has been building a better truck" :rolleyes:

duffster
01-06-2006, 09:41 AM
They all say they sell more Trucks than the others just to blow smoke up you arse. But what are the numbers from Mercruser how many GM blocks are they selling compared to FORD for marine applications?
This is funny and maybe it's the way you are raised FORD people drink Budweiser and GM people drink Coors Light.

Jeanyus
01-06-2006, 09:44 AM
Lets not forget the can't stay right side up Explorer. Oh wait it was the tires. :rolleyes:

ROZ
01-06-2006, 09:46 AM
Ford retains the largest selling pickup[/
Maybe they meant that the truck is the largest truck sold :D

Dave C
01-06-2006, 09:47 AM
Ford trucks have always been cheaper (in price) than the comparable chevy. A lot of people buy on price being that the price is significant. So many take the better "value" (i.e. the cheaper Ford)
I know this "value" concept is hard for all you ballers to understand. ;) Just trust me on this one!

hoolign
01-06-2006, 09:51 AM
Ford trucks have always been cheaper (in price) than the comparable chevy. A lot of people buy on price being that the price is significant. So many take the better "value" (i.e. the cheaper Ford)
I know this "value" concept is hard for all you ballers to understand. ;) Just trust me on this one!
It's also cheaper to lift Fords, and everyone knows that it's gotta be lifted to clear those big speed bumps at the mall :D

duffster
01-06-2006, 09:54 AM
Lets not forget the can't stay right side up Explorer. Oh wait it was the tires. :rolleyes:
The Exploder sharing some of the same technology as the Pinto days.

RiverToysJas
01-06-2006, 09:57 AM
Statistics....I love them!!! :rolleyes:
I also call BS for a few reasons.......Ford sells cheap (and inexpensive) trucks, and they often are used in fleets. So I'd first remove fleet sales from the statistic - on both sides. Consumer sales only. Then I'd combine Chevy and GMC, though are different brands, they are infact the same truck, from the same factory, and hit the bottomline of the same company ultimately. Then if Ford is still ahead.....it's because there are more stupid, poor people than wealthy smart ones in this country. :D :D :D
RTJas :D

Dave C
don't worry you lose it all in replacing worn out tires.....
The potholes can be a bitch too.

Jeanyus
The Exploder sharing some of the same technology as the Pinto days.
Have you crashed a Ford lately?

duffster
01-06-2006, 09:58 AM
It's also cheaper to lift Fords, and everyone knows that it's gotta be lifted to clear those big speed bumps at the mall :D
Blocks and shackles and if you are loaded springs like the old horse buggy's of the 1800. Cheap and easy like my old 85 Toyota beer cooler.

cdog
01-06-2006, 10:00 AM
They all say they sell more Trucks than the others just to blow smoke up you arse. But what are the numbers from Mercruser how many GM blocks are they selling compared to FORD for marine applications?
This is funny and maybe it's the way you are raised FORD people drink Budweiser and GM people drink Coors Light.
Funny way to look at it, But true!

ROZ
01-06-2006, 10:08 AM
But what are the numbers from Mercruser how many GM blocks are they selling compared to FORD for marine applications?
Kinda off subject, but does everyone know that the Mercruiser in your boat is owned by the company that makes bowling balls and Bayliners ? :D

duffster
01-06-2006, 10:09 AM
Funny way to look at it, But true!
Very true if I started driving a Ford and drinking Budweiser I think my family would disown me.

hoolign
01-06-2006, 10:10 AM
Kinda off subject, but does everyone know that the Mercruiser in your boat is owned by the company that makes blowing balls and Bayliners ? :D
Never had the urge to purchase those..tell us Roz.just what are they for?? :D

ROZ
01-06-2006, 10:12 AM
Never had the urge to purchase those..tell us Roz.just what are they for?? :D
Damn... I just caught that...lol...
I have no idea, but ther is a cross dresser thread somewhere around here. That person may know :D

hoolign
01-06-2006, 10:13 AM
Damn... I just caught that...lol...
I have no idea, but ther is a cross dresser thread somewhere around here. That person may know :D
don't you just hate it when someone catches it and quotes it before you can fix it :D

dmontzsta
01-06-2006, 10:14 AM
In 1984 I bought a new Ford f-250, diesel, by far the worst vehicle I have ever owned, I gave up trying to get the glow plugs to work, it was a gutless smoker, and got 15 MPG.
In 1991 I traded it in on a 3/4 ton Chevy 454. It has never failed to start has power and gets 13 MPG. I put 230,000 miles on it with minor repairs.
I pull heavy trailers, hual lumber, construction materials and tools every day.
Yea Fords are better :rolleyes:
Ford sells more trucks than Chevy, just proves the saying " a sucker is born every minute".
There is a BIG difference in technology from 84-91.

ROZ
don't you just hate it when someone catches it and quotes it before you can fix it :D
Nah, it makes this place a little more interesting :D

jbtrailerjim
But what are the numbers from Mercruser how many GM blocks are they selling compared to FORD for marine applications?
I here this lame ass comparison all the time. :rolleyes: If I had to guess Ford could care less about the marine industry. It's a small market compared to the millions of engines each mfg. produces a year.
I have a friend who owns some large boat dealerships here in California. He told me GM can mfg. enough blocks for the marine industry to last for the year in one day. So why would Ford even bother trying to compete with such a small market.

duffster
01-06-2006, 10:18 AM
Kinda off subject, but does everyone know that the Mercruiser in your boat is owned by the company that makes bowling balls and Bayliners ? :D
Think about it wouldn't be stupid to build marine power applications and not own a company that builds the hulls. And its not just Bayliner that is just the tip of the iceberg or cheap boats that get first time people on the water.

hoolign
01-06-2006, 10:19 AM
and the technology would be what?

duffster
01-06-2006, 10:21 AM
I here this lame ass comparison all the time. :rolleyes: If I had to guess Ford could care less about the marine industry. It's a small market compared to the millions of engines each mfg. produces a year.
I have a friend who owns some large boat dealerships here in California. He told me GM can mfg. enough blocks for the marine industry to last for the year in one day. So why would Ford even bother trying to compete with such a small market.
To fail

cdog
01-06-2006, 10:23 AM
Don't you drive a hot rod nissan?
There is yet to be a engine that can top the newer LS1 based engines by GM. I know guy's putting 1200 RELIABLE HP to stock crank and block with TT's.
Lot's of cool aid drinkers around here!!!

little rowe boat
01-06-2006, 10:24 AM
Yep.

dmontzsta
01-06-2006, 10:33 AM
Don't you drive a hot rod nissan?
There is yet to be a engine that can top the newer LS1 based engines by GM. I know guy's putting 1200 RELIABLE HP to stock crank and block with TT's.
Lot's of cool aid drinkers around here!!!
I have many cars. :)
I am the dude you see with cars parked on the grass, all over the street and in the driveway. :)

Phat Daddy
01-06-2006, 10:35 AM
Who really cares who sold more trucks. Does this put money into my pocket?? Everyone has their favorites and everyone has their good and bad stories. This is like one of those " which boat is best " threads. :argue: :hammerhea
Oh yeah and by the way.... Chevy all the way!!! :rollside: :rollside: :crossx:

cdog
01-06-2006, 10:43 AM
I am the dude you see with cars parked on the grass, all over the street and in the driveway. :)
:rollside: :rollside: :rollside: Rock On!

dmontzsta
01-06-2006, 10:44 AM
:rollside: :rollside: :rollside: Rock On!
Its all part of living in the IE.
:)
I might put a blue tarp over the car on the grass. Since the new motor will not be ready until next month. Hows that for IE? :)

Seadog
01-06-2006, 11:30 AM
The guy that works for me is constantly bumming rides to go pick up one of his chevies at a shop near my house. Meanwhile, my 91 that I sold to my BIL to use for a delivery truck at 170k is still going strong at over 200k.

Havasu Hangin'
01-06-2006, 11:32 AM
This thread is very helpful. It is helping me keep track of who fits in the "Stupid Member" and who fits in the "Smart Member" category for future reference.

dmontzsta
01-06-2006, 11:40 AM
This thread is very helpful. It is helping me keep track of who fits in the "Stupid Member" and who fits in the "Smart Member" category for future reference.
Which one are you? :)

ROZ
01-06-2006, 11:41 AM
Think about it wouldn't be stupid to build marine power applications and not own a company that builds the hulls. And its not just Bayliner that is just the tip of the iceberg or cheap boats that get first time people on the water.
I was just commenting about the bayliner/custom boat to be funny.....
Brunswick is one of the larges companies in the world. 4.8 billion in annual sales 2005 :boxed:
The Brunswick Boat Group is the largest maker of pleasure boats in the world. 2004 net sales were $2.3 billion. The Boat Group makes Sea Ray, Bayliner, Maxum, Hatteras, Meridian and Sealine pleasure boats from 16 to 100 feet; Baja high-performance boats from 20 to 44 feet; Albermarle, Boston Whaler, Palmetto, Sea Boss, Sea Pro and Trophy offshore fishing boats from 13 to 33 feet; and Crestliner, Lowe, Lund, Princecraft and Triton fishing, deck and pontoon boats from 10 to 26 feet; Land ‘N’ Sea and Kellogg parts and accessories distribution, and Attwood, marine parts and accessories.
Mercury Marine is the leading producer of marine engines in the world. 2004 net sales were $2.4 billion. Primary products include Mercury and Mariner outboard engines, Mercury MerCruiser sterndrive and inboard engines and Mercury Precision Parts and accessories.
*They are their own largest supplier :D
The Life Fitness Division is the global leader in high-quality commercial and consumer cardiovascular and strength training equipment. 2004 net sales were $558.3 million. Based in Schiller Park, Illinois, it markets and manufactures Life Fitness, Hammer Strength and ParaBody equipment serving health clubs, professional athletic teams, university athletic departments and the military.
Brunswick Bowling & Billiards is based in Lake Forest, Illinois. Net sales in 2004 were $442.4 million. Brunswick makes bowling equipment and supplies as well as operates 128 family bowling centers throughout the United States, Canada, Europe and Japan. Brunswick billiards tables and accessories are the market leaders and recognized around the world for their superior construction, style and performance. Brunswick also makes Valley-Dynamo pool, Air Hockey and foosball tables.
Brunswick New Technologies, headquartered in Lake Forest, Ill., is comprised of Navman NZ Limited, a New Zealand-based leader in global positioning system (GPS)-based products and marine electronics; Northstar Technologies, marine navigational systems; IDS, marine dealer management systems; MotoTron, which designs and supplies sophisticated engine control and vehicle networking systems.

maxwedge
01-06-2006, 11:41 AM
I'm still waiting for the Mercrusier/Bayliner 1/2 ton 4x4 by AMF to come to a dealership near me. That's going to be one sweet, reliable ride. :D Of couurse, I'm only going to buy it if it comes with blowing balls. :crossx:

ROZ
01-06-2006, 11:44 AM
Duh, he's a moderator :D

Havasu Hangin'
01-06-2006, 11:57 AM
If you don't know, then I know what category you fall into.

WYRD
01-06-2006, 12:00 PM
'NUFF SAID :220v:

duffster
01-06-2006, 12:12 PM
'NUFF SAID :220v:
Not nuff said let keep the party going Fords are recyclable like piss is to Budweiser right????

Flashover
01-06-2006, 12:17 PM
I have always had either a Chevy or another GM brand and never will own anything else. I think even the chevy cars are going to be much better than before, Displacement on demand will be a big selling feature for alot of people.

PHOTOGLOU
01-06-2006, 12:20 PM
:idea:
Did ford count Lincoln Sales??? :idea:
Obviously Chevy and GMC are two different brands.....ask Jay for a GMC and see if he can get you one ;)
This is correct..... BUT FORD WAS 174,329 truck sales ahead of Chevy as of November 31 2005.... That was a heck of a Dec for GM and they were still down... I got my numbers from a Dec 4 Automotive news article.....

PHOTOGLOU
01-06-2006, 12:32 PM
Either way BOTH manuf. need to watch out for the IMPORTS if we keep giving up ground it will lead to jobs and NOT just at the plants but suppliers also........

duffster
01-06-2006, 12:45 PM
Either way BOTH manuf. need to watch out for the IMPORTS if we keep giving up ground it will lead to jobs and NOT just at the plants but suppliers also........
The good thing is GM or Ford and Coors Light or Budweiser we are all buying US products and supporting our country properly. :D

Biglue
01-06-2006, 12:47 PM
Since when has Ford been building a better truck?? Are you referring to the overweight powerstroke, which literally pushes the front end down into the mud to render the truck stuck?? and beat the suspension out of them cause they are so damn heavy..or was the twin eye beam front ends that chewed ball joints faster than Hanson on a 12 pack?? I don't think that anyone can have an opinion on a product unless they have owned them. Driving a truck on the pavement everyday does not show anyone what a truck is good for! Take the things into some real shit for a year, drive on beat to shit roads, use the 4x4 for more than going up a wet driveway..then come back with "ford has been building a better truck" :rolleyes:
Not to mention their trucks have the shittiest brakes ever.

Biglue
01-06-2006, 12:54 PM
In front of a double wide trailer. :D
Sorry Don...had to. :crossx:

duffster
01-06-2006, 01:06 PM
http://www.fordreallysucks.com/
http://www.fordreallysucks.com/images/logo.gif

Sleek-Jet
01-06-2006, 01:07 PM
Of course Ford is the best selling... you have to keep replacing them.... :D

cdog
01-06-2006, 01:19 PM
If you don't know, then I know what category you fall into.
:D :D :D

dmontzsta
01-06-2006, 01:24 PM
Ahhh yes, its good to see all the chevy fags having some fun.
It is usally the chevy guys always talking the smack. But they are really nice when they need a tow. :)

PHOTOGLOU
01-06-2006, 01:25 PM
Of course Ford is the best selling... you have to keep replacing them.... :D
No matter what anybody thinks...... I know you think this is funny :argue:

Sleek-Jet
01-06-2006, 01:35 PM
No matter what anybody thinks...... I know you think this is funny :argue:
Tongue in cheek... I believe GM light trucks enjoy better longevity than Ford... at least based on what I could find they do.

Redwing247
01-06-2006, 01:38 PM
Thanks PHOTOGLOU...I switched from Ford to CHEVY..........
THANKS JAY

duffster
01-06-2006, 01:51 PM
Ahhh yes, its good to see all the chevy fags having some fun.
It is usally the chevy guys always talking the smack. But they are really nice when they need a tow. :)
Come on I would stop and help tow your Ford just take it easy. Someone needs to come up with a ***boat.com board member window sticker for road side assistance.

Biglue
01-06-2006, 02:24 PM
Come on I would stop and help tow your Ford just take it easy. Someone needs to come up with a ***boat.com board member window sticker for road side assistance.
Just don't let the initial jerk to powerfull......you might tear the Ford truck in half. :crossx: :crossx:

cc322
01-06-2006, 04:22 PM
Just don't let the initial jerk to powerfull......you might tear the Ford truck in half. :crossx: :crossx:
For those who still cant believe that FORD F-Series is the #1 selling vechicle in the world you are at stage one DENILE, once you accepct this fact only then will you see the light. Heres a game to play next time your at the river lets say windsor launch ramp, compare how many superdutys you see vs Chevy or GM you might believe the statistics. :)

PHOTOGLOU
01-06-2006, 04:32 PM
For those who still cant believe that FORD F-Series is the #1 selling vechicle in the world you are at stage one DENILE, once you accepct this fact only then will you see the light. Heres a game to play next time your at the river lets say windsor launch ramp, compare how many superdutys you see vs Chevy or GM you might believe the statistics. :)
Past sales are not indicative of future results...... SO DON'T REST ON YOUR LAURELS or you will be behind the game..... BUT AS FOR NOW FORD does have the #1 selling (F-series) truck.....

PHOTOGLOU
01-06-2006, 04:33 PM
Tongue in cheek... I believe GM light trucks enjoy better longevity than Ford... at least based on what I could find they do.
True and if it keeps running you don't NEED to replace it.......

PHOTOGLOU
01-06-2006, 04:34 PM
Thanks PHOTOGLOU...I switched from Ford to CHEVY..........
THANKS JAY
Congrats and enjoy.... Jay 714 552 0300

cc322
01-06-2006, 04:44 PM
Past sales are not indicative of future results...... BUT DON'T REST ON YOUR LAURELS or you will be behind the game..... BUT AS FOR NOW FORD does have the #1 selling (F-series) truck.....
Ok thanks Jay now they will belive it since it came from you :wink:
BUT AS FOR NOW FORD does have the #1 selling (F-series) truck.....[/QUOTE]
Jay it's been for 24 year now :rollside: :)

JB in so cal
01-06-2006, 04:48 PM
BUT AS FOR NOW FORD does have the #1 selling (F-series) truck.....
Jay it's been for 24 year now :rollside: :)[/QUOTE]
Not to jack, but did you check out the condo stuff?
And, Yes. Ford rocks!

cc322
01-06-2006, 04:50 PM
[/B]
Jay it's been for 24 year now :rollside: :)
Not to jack, but did you check out the condo stuff?
And, Yes. Ford rocks![/QUOTE]
Just breifly I will look into more this weekend and thanks

Squirtin Thunder
01-06-2006, 04:53 PM
Thank you Jay !!!!

Biglue
01-06-2006, 04:56 PM
All I know is that my 01 F150 tranny blew at 51K Miles. Truck was well cared for and serviced. I decided to step up to a 3/4 ton truck and was not going to trust Ford again. Ford did a real shitty job for me as far as customer service. I should have never strayed from GM product. But hey, whatever works for you.

cc322
01-06-2006, 05:03 PM
All I know is that my 01 F150 tranny blew at 51K Miles. Truck was well cared for and serviced. I decided to step up to a 3/4 ton truck and was not going to trust Ford again. Ford did a real shitty job for me as far as customer service. I should have never strayed from GM product. But hey, whatever works for you.
Well my brother in laws 2005 Tahoe tranny blew after only 7,000 miles at least you got 51k. This thread was only about TRUCK SALES.
Now whos calling BS????? :rollside: Yeah didnt think so :)

dmontzsta
01-06-2006, 05:25 PM
My Expedition with the 5.4 has been great. It has high miles (124k) but still feels like new. The only problem I have had is the switch for the rear stereo is pushed in. It has helped a few chevy guys get their shit home. :)

FHI-prez
01-06-2006, 05:52 PM
Well my brother in laws 2005 Tahoe tranny blew after only 7,000 miles at least you got 51k. This thread was only about TRUCK SALES
Nope, this thread is about ignorance and stupidity, and it's very existence demonstrates that every moron has figured out how to use a computer, make his way onto the internet, and spew his retarded thoughts for the whole world to see and respond to. :p
....and here I thought the internet was only good for downloading porn! :rollside:
You want more internet magic???
Say anything you want, as cruel or demeaning as it might be, and all you got to do is put a little smilie on the end and no one is the wiser!! :D

cc322
01-06-2006, 05:57 PM
Nope, this thread is about ignorance and stupidity, and it's very existence demonstrates that every moron has figured out how to use a computer, make his way onto the internet, and spew his retarded thoughts for the whole world to see and respond to. :p
....and here I thought the internet was only good for downloading porn! :rollside:
You want more internet magic???
Say anything you want, as cruel or demeaning as it might be, and all you got to do is put a little smilie on the end and no one is the wiser!! :D
Hello and thaks for joining our stupid and ignorant thread.....notice no smile face at the end......................but heres a wink :wink:

Kilrtoy
01-06-2006, 05:57 PM
Hey my buddy is back? how have ya been
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/111sgrl.jpg

FHI-prez
01-06-2006, 05:58 PM
My pleasure, glad to be here!

FHI-prez
01-06-2006, 05:59 PM
Hey my buddy is back? how have ya been
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/111sgrl.jpg
Haha, that damn pic still cracks me up :p

PHOTOGLOU
01-06-2006, 06:28 PM
Jay it's been for 24 year now :rollside: :)[/QUOTE]
And giving up 40,000+ truck sales to GM in one month LAST MONTH should start 06 off just right.....

myoung
01-06-2006, 06:30 PM
I've said this time and time again, I would love to see some follow up on some of these vehicles, Ford, Chevy, whoever. More to the point, how many are still in the hands of the original owners. I hear about more people buying a new Ford not because it was the best truck/car, but because when they couldn't get financing from anybody else, Ford was more than happy to take a risk on them. I'm sure there was more to Ford seeing it as a way to boost sales than help sombody reestablish their credit. Sure enough, it's not long till those vehicles are being returned or getting repossesed simply because that vehicle never should have been sold to someone that couldn't even get a used car lot to talk to them. If it were to turn out that Ford has the least ammount of this problem, then that would legitimise their claims for me. I highly doubt that happening though.
Don't rest on your laurels Ford guys, it's all smoke and mirrors. ;)
I'll admit, I am just another Chevy bandwagon guy because in the overall picture, I feel they have a superior product that's worth paying more for. There are just as many stories about how great one brand is as there are the ones that bash them. They've always canceled each other out near as I can tell. I've owned a lot of Chevy cars and trucks over the years, most were/are a complete joy to own and drive, some were filled with gremlins, don't regret owning any of them. If one brand has the same degree of chance of getting a lemon as the other, then you're better off choosing the one you like for your own reasons. The whole, "My uncle Billy once had a 'this truck' that was the greatest and a 'that truck' that was a total POS, so I'm only going to own a 'this truck'." story gets old after a while. Be a rebel, think for yourself.

PHOTOGLOU
01-06-2006, 06:33 PM
I've said this time and time again, I would love to see some follow up on some of these vehicles, Ford, Chevy, whoever. More to the point, how many are still in the hands of the original owners. I hear about more people buying a new Ford not because it was the best truck/car, but because when they couldn't get financing from anybody else, Ford was more than happy to take a risk on them. I'm sure there was more to Ford seeing it as a way to boost sales than help sombody reestablish their credit. Sure enough, it's not long till those vehicles are being returned or getting repossesed simply because that vehicle never should have been sold to someone that couldn't even get a used car lot to talk to them. If it were to turn out that Ford has the least ammount of this problem, then that would legitimise their claims for me. I highly doubt that happening though.
Don't rest on your laurels Ford guys, it's all smoke and mirrors. ;)
I'll admit, I am just another Chevy bandwagon guy because in the overall picture, I feel they have a superior product that's worth paying more for. There are just as many stories about how great one brand is as there are the ones that bash them. They've always canceled each other out near as I can tell. I've owned a lot of Chevy cars and trucks over the years, most were/are a complete joy to own and drive, some were filled with gremlins, don't regret owning any of them. If one brand has the same degree of chance of getting a lemon as the other, then you're better off choosing the one you like for your own reasons. The whole, "My uncle Billy once had a 'this truck' that was the greatest and a 'that truck' that was a total POS, so I'm only going to own a 'this truck'." story gets old after a while. Be a rebel, think for yourself.
Well said.. AND the part about Ford Motor Credit IS VERY true...

hoolign
01-06-2006, 06:44 PM
I still have my 02 duramax, 200,000 Km ( do your own math ..you went to school) of harder miles than ..(lets use 80% of you for a figure) , This truck only comes out of 4x4 for about 10% of its life..and what have I done?? just did the TK, had to replace the turn signal switch and brakes.. This thing goes through 2' of mud steady.unless it's winter. Then it's over rip rap ( road constuction guys will know what that is...mall guys ...ask the road construction guys :D).You can not get a harsher enviroment for a truck!!!, and ..the "towing capability " of the Chev, has sure helped the Ford and Dodge guys out :D
anyone who says that the Fords are better..has never been off road! Chev..Period.. the rest are mere "parking lot princess's"

cc322
01-06-2006, 07:01 PM
I still have my 02 duramax, 200,000 Km ( do your own math ..you went to school) of harder miles than ..(lets use 80% of you for a figure) , This truck only comes out of 4x4 for about 10% of its life..and what have I done?? just did the TK, had to replace the turn signal switch and brakes.. This thing goes through 2' of mud steady.unless it's winter. Then it's over rip rap ( road constuction guys will know what that is...mall guys ...ask the road construction guys :D).You can not get a harsher enviroment for a truck!!!, and ..the "towing capability " of the Chev, has sure helped the Ford and Dodge guys out :D
anyone who says that the Fords are better..has never been off road! Chev..Period.. the rest are mere "parking lot princess's"
This thread was a respnse to Jays post of GM now being the #1 vechicles sold which I congratulated GM for that. My question was does this include the F-series? as we have found out no it does not Ford is still #1 in F-series sales I have never seen a Ford commerical stating that they were the #1 vechicle sold but the best selling truck sold. I have always thought that GM sold the most vechicles I mean they are the largest auto manufacture in the world. I didnt draw first blood, but merley stating a fact as was Jay. Now cant we all just get along.
Same holds true when GM went to family pricing you pay what we pay

PHOTOGLOU
01-06-2006, 07:08 PM
This thread was a respnse to Jays post of GM now being the #1 vechicles sold which I congratulated GM for that. My question was does this include the F-series? as we have found out no it does not Ford is still #1 in F-series sales I have never seen a Ford commerical stating that they were the #1 vechicle sold but the best selling truck sold. I have always thought that GM sold the most vechicles I mean they are the largest auto manufacture in the world. I didnt draw first blood, but meerly stating a fact as was Jay. Now cant we all just get along.
Same holds true when GM went to family pricing you pay what we pay
Actually it DOES include F series and SUV's and cars.... IF you take away everything except trucks ford outsold Chevy in trucks ONLY..... and if you do just dec truck sales Chevy outsold ford by 40K+ trucks only SO LOOK out in 06..... NOW DODGE in 06 is one I am afraid of..... I think they will pick up the most market share THEY are nowhere near #1 but in years to come if they keep picking up momentum.....

cc322
01-06-2006, 07:19 PM
ford outsold Chevy in trucks ONLY.....
Thats all I was trying to find out. As I did find this out thats why this thread was started. Dodge is gaining ground BUT the new 2007 Ford should keep them in front for a while? The one who has the best chance of beating everybody in total vechicles sold is gonna be Toyota. Congrats Jay for your awsome sales of GM to board members and everyone else, Now when does your new job start at Villa Ford? :) Chevy #1 selling vechicle Ford #1 selling truck sounds like a win win

hoolign
01-06-2006, 07:23 PM
Actually it DOES include F series and SUV's and cars.... IF you take away everything except trucks ford outsold Chevy in trucks ONLY..... and if you do just dec truck sales Chevy outsold ford by 40K+ trucks only SO LOOK out in 06..... NOW DODGE in 06 is one I am afraid of..... I think they will pick up the most market share THEY are nowhere near #1 but in years to come if they keep picking up momentum.....
When spring breakup hit's here..I'll take some video..of what real trucks get put through...and I'll make sure I get a good zoom in of the emblems at the stupid end of the tow rope! " :D Yeah Ford tough..tough to be filmed getting pulled :D Happens every single freakin year!

cc322
01-06-2006, 07:47 PM
Now thats fast
http://media.putfile.com/F350Run

g1500
01-06-2006, 08:53 PM
They would have only sole 1/2 the ammount, but the ford owners had to get replacments.

hoolign
01-06-2006, 08:54 PM
They would have only sole 1/2 the ammount, but the ford owners had to get replacments.
Okay..you get a C- for spelling..but a A- for common sense :D

dmontzsta
01-06-2006, 09:26 PM
http://www3.telus.net/public/grei261/THE%20WAKO%20GROUP/calvin_piss_on_chevy%20b.jpg
Sorry fellas, tooooooooooo many bad experiences with chevy.

hoolign
01-06-2006, 09:29 PM
http://www3.telus.net/public/grei261/THE%20WAKO%20GROUP/calvin_piss_on_chevy%20b.jpg
You've never even owned a Chev..anyone who ends up with a Maxima could never have afforded one ! :D

dmontzsta
01-06-2006, 10:06 PM
You've never even owned a Chev..anyone who ends up with a Maxima could never have afforded one ! :D
dang, you are pretty smart, for someone who doesnt know shit about me.
I think it all goes back to when I was about 7 or 8 years old. Having to push my parents camaro in the rain, while my mom steered, yeah that was a good start. POS used to stall every 15 minutes of driving. That was pretty traumatic as a kid.
BTW: I just turned my CHEVY dad onto an older Ford than the chevy he was driving. So far so good, he is happy. Especially after putting new suspension, brakes, motor, trans, clutch, tires, lots of electrical interior components, window motor, power lock controller, lets go with new TBI too, cant forget that. Oh yeah, nice non-working seat, etc...,etc...,etc... and what does it DO? leave him and my mother stranded in the middle of the desert on the way back from the river, oh yeah, just some more good times.

hoolign
01-06-2006, 10:11 PM
dang, you are pretty smart, for someone who doesnt know shit about me.
You may have owned a few old trucks..but I think I can tell from the BS that comes out of your mouth that you have never purchased a new "truck" or ...am I wrong??
and If I am wrong..I'll say sorry !

dmontzsta
01-06-2006, 10:14 PM
oh yeah, another good thing was when he jacked up the truck.
The good ole suspension just fell apart. I wasnt there, but I was told the control arms fell to the ground or some shit?
BTW: This was a 97 GMC Sierra which he paid $29k with 40k miles on it.

hoolign
01-06-2006, 10:16 PM
oh yeah, another good thing was when he jacked up the truck.The good ole suspension just fell apart. I wasnt there, but I was told the control arms fell to the ground or some shit?
BTW: This was a 97 GMC Sierra which he paid $29k with 40k miles on it.
Amatures usually fukk shit up!

dmontzsta
01-06-2006, 10:20 PM
Amatures usually fukk shit up!
lol. A hanson can jack a truck up.
I can keep going with the chevy stories if you like?
How about TWO board members. Both of them have cruisers, one with a 454, one with a 460. BOTH rebuild at the same time. BOTH had their maiden voyages at the same time. Guess which one wouldnt run all weekend? yup. 454 the Ford had to tow it in and they had to keep messing with it, what a way to spend a nice river trip huh? kept loosing timing and fouling plugs. Oh yeah, then the chevy towing it stalls and on the launch ramp and wont start back up until the starter cools. heh.
I am done here. :) Getting a little pissy reliving this shit.

hoolign
01-06-2006, 10:28 PM
lol. A hanson can jack a truck up.
I can keep going with the chevy stories if you like?
How about TWO board members. Both of them have cruisers, one with a 454, one with a 460. BOTH rebuild at the same time. BOTH had their maiden voyages at the same time. Guess which one wouldnt run all weekend? yup. 454 the Ford had to tow it in and they had to keep messing with it, what a way to spend a nice river trip huh? kept loosing timing and fouling plugs. Oh yeah, then the chevy towing it stalls and on the launch ramp and wont start back up until the starter cools. heh.
I am done here. :) Getting a little pissy reliving this shit.
No No NO ..you! what have you owned?? Not what you seen from the passenger side !,,do you have any stories that would pertain to a thread about "trucks" you have owned??? I could go on for days about what "I have heard"!!!! unless...you have'nt owned a "new truck" and if that was the case..your opinion is "Null and Void" .I imagine there are alot of dumpster divers that have trucks drive by them!! :D

dmontzsta
01-06-2006, 10:30 PM
No No NO ..you! what have you owned?? Not what you seen from the passenger side !,,do you have any stories that would pertain to a thread about "trucks" you have owned??? I could go on for days about what "I have heard"!!!! unless...you have'nt owned a "new truck" and if that was the case..your opinion is "Null and Void" .I imagine there are alot of dumpster divers that have trucks drive by them!! :D
I have only owned Ford and Nissan. I wouldnt buy one, as I said I have had experience from the time I was born. My Dad is a gearhead and a chevy lover. As all little kids I used to love what my Dad did...chevy. Not anymore, when it comes to reliability and quality, the imports rule all domestics. This stuff isnt "I heard" it is "I seen" or more "we need your help".
:cool:

dmontzsta
01-06-2006, 10:43 PM
Where you at Hooli? you homo. :)

Sleek-Jet
01-07-2006, 09:37 AM
... Not anymore, when it comes to reliability and quality, the imports rule all domestics. :cool:
You got any stats to back that claim up... the domestics and imports are pretty much even on reliablity these days... :D
Just ask the Toyota Tundra owners that had to have the front ends replaced.

YeLLowBoaT
01-07-2006, 10:28 AM
You got any stats to back that claim up... the domestics and imports are pretty much even on reliablity these days... :D
Just ask the Toyota Tundra owners that had to have the front ends replaced.
I know a guy that has a 05 tundra that had less then 7k mile on it b4 the axle snaped and came flying out the side with the wheel still on it. And no it had never seen "anything" but pavement.

dmontzsta
01-07-2006, 10:33 AM
I have one import that sees 7,200rpm atleast 5-6x each day and currently has 297k on the odometer. Only things I have had to replace are alternator, battery, water pump, fuel pump, the typical things. :)
Another one is in the same boat, but with 240k.

myoung
01-07-2006, 10:33 AM
Funny, I guess when you are exposed to more than just your family and friends experiences with any given brand, you find out the same stories exist for all of them. Domestic brands, foreign brands, doesn't matter, I've heard the same horror stories about ALL of them, every single make and model of car or truck on the road has it's share of lemons out there. I pick cars and trucks that I like the looks and performance of. In my case, the Chevy's tend to outclass all others that fit in my wallet. :)
For example, my daily driver is an old beater '65 Corvair, supposedly one of the biggest piles of crap on the road according to some. Not me, I love it, it's fun to drive, doesn't give me much hassel and get's better gas mileage than my Sub. My '66 'Cuda on the other hand is nothing but trouble and only gets from one gas station to the next, but I still love driving it too. Sure they have 'old car' quirks, but nothing you wouldn't find on an old Chevy, Ford or Dodge either. If this were 1966 and they were both new, they would still have the same degree of chance of being great cars or total lemons. In the end, there's more people that think my Corvair looks cool rolling down the road than any Ford truck or even Chevy truck for that matter. You'll never get to enjoy that driving some truck that looks like all the rest of 'em. :crossx:
Just drive what you like and stop whining. :cool:

hoolign
01-07-2006, 11:21 AM
I have one import that sees 7,200rpm atleast 5-6x each day and currently has 297k on the odometer. Only things I have had to replace are alternator, battery, water pump, fuel pump, the typical things. :)
Another one is in the same boat, but with 240k.
So you got a deal on a couple of miled out cars!... :D

a catered life
01-07-2006, 12:10 PM
not wanting to bash any ford freaks or any social group but the f150 is everywhere and i see more different races in the 150 than any other truck....they made it look better and it is cheap as compared to any chevy but remember its a ford :yuk:

dmontzsta
01-07-2006, 12:12 PM
So you got a deal on a couple of miled out cars!... :D
No. I have had one since 96 it had 55k on the odometer, the other had 80k. Its called I used to drive 150+ miles per day.

hoolign
01-07-2006, 12:33 PM
No. I have had one since 96 it had 55k on the odometer, the other had 80k. Its called I used to drive 150+ miles per day.
You know you have a long drive if you need two cars to get there!

Froggystyle
01-07-2006, 12:44 PM
So weird how getting outrun, out powered and out performed in often construed as a bad experience. ;)

hoolign
01-07-2006, 12:48 PM
So weird how getting outrun, out powered and out performed in often construed as a bad experience. ;)
The MPG should compensate though :D

OGShocker
01-07-2006, 12:51 PM
NICE!!! :D :D :D

Charley
01-07-2006, 12:51 PM
hey jackass Im referring to the morning dew that develops on the roof in wintertime....much like the sweat that forms under your manboobs in the summertime :cry: :cry:

hoolign
01-07-2006, 12:53 PM
hey jackass Im referring to the morning dew that develops on the roof in wintertime....much like the sweat that forms under your manboobs in the summertime :cry: :cry:
Now that is more than, a couple of degrees of wrong :D

dmontzsta
01-07-2006, 02:19 PM
You know you have a long drive if you need two cars to get there!
LOL, I will give you that one.

RiverRatMike
01-07-2006, 03:19 PM
I totally agree and look much nicer too! The new chevy trucks, the front end on them are just dumb looking.

myoung
01-07-2006, 04:53 PM
While I have to agree with you on the latest Chevy front end being ugly, my preferences have never led me to a Ford. I've always thought they were the ugliest, well, after a Dodge anyway. Now if they put the new Tahoe front ends on the trucks, that would be an improvement. :p