PDA

View Full Version : Band of weather heading into Havi 3:45PM

2Driver
06-25-2006, 02:47 PM
Was checking out wunderground and looks like a nice band of storms heading into Havi from the north east. Radar is green and yellow. DOn't blame the messenger. Zoom in and use the "animate map" to see better
http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=86403

RiverRatMike
06-25-2006, 03:36 PM
nothing here yet just mostly cloudy, a thunderstorm would be nice. photo ops!

AZKC
06-25-2006, 04:17 PM
INCOMING :220v:
Put your umbrellas down and ck your windows (http://www.wunderground.com/radar/radblast.asp?zoommode=out&num=1&delay=15&scale=1.000&noclutter=0&ID=ESX&type=N0R&lat=34.48361969&lon=-114.33096313&label=Lake Havasu City, AZ&showstorms=0&map.x=353&map.y=336&centerx=400&centery=240&lightning=0)

Not So Fast
06-25-2006, 04:23 PM
Just hit, cant even see the lake from PVN and 95.. No rain yet??????? Blowing like hell thou :2purples: NSF

Old Man Havasu
06-25-2006, 04:29 PM
nothing here yet just mostly cloudy, a thunderstorm would be nice. photo ops!
Mike saw your storm pics a year or so ago. I have been waiting for an opportunity to try out my digital slr, no luck as of yet.
The crash site pics were cool. Love to stumble on to that!
Gary

RiverRatMike
06-25-2006, 04:38 PM
Mike saw your storm pics a year or so ago. I have been waiting for an opportunity to try out my digital slr, no luck as of yet.
The crash site pics were cool. Love to stumble on to that!
Gary
The storm is coming, windy and the clouds are super dark. I'll have my camera ready and waiting.

2Driver
06-25-2006, 05:00 PM
coming down from the sandbar right now
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/3347lhcweather.JPG

RiverRatMike
06-25-2006, 05:10 PM
This might get nasty. Doppler radar as of 6pm. Very unusual to get this type of weather this time of year in Havasu.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=14891&stc=1

Miss Perfect
06-25-2006, 05:17 PM
It's not looking so pretty on the Havasu Webcam right now.

LhcBrad
06-25-2006, 05:27 PM
http://www.mohave.edu/pages/463.asp
Gusting to 40 mph to bad im not there!!!

slowinhavasu
06-25-2006, 05:30 PM
Were at the top of McCulloch and it's windy as hell up here but no rain yet...I'm going to get the barbe out of the back yard and put it in the garage so I can make dinner.................
So much for washing the cars.......... :rollside:

AZKC
06-25-2006, 05:31 PM
That one guy is getting a lesson in that big white boat :220v:

slowinhavasu
06-25-2006, 05:34 PM
OK, I have the door down tight, time to light the coals....... :)

AZKC
06-25-2006, 05:35 PM
It's not looking so pretty on the Havasu Webcam right now.
Wish the zoom was workin there is a lot of drama goin on :crossx:

LhcBrad
06-25-2006, 05:41 PM
I think ive seen 4 boats being towed in so far

RiverRatMike
06-25-2006, 05:55 PM
had some 40mph gusts here on my weather station. Windy as hell. But doesn't look like much is going to happen at this point other than just wind.

slowinhavasu
06-25-2006, 05:57 PM
Winds calming down, food smells good, but I'm getting tired...... :)

imbndvs
06-25-2006, 06:05 PM
Winds calming down, food smells good, but I'm getting tired...... :)
Keep that door closed tight and have wife stay in there with the BBQ going while you sit in house drinking beer. :rollside:

MBlaster
06-25-2006, 06:06 PM
Finally calming down at 7pm. But it is still blowing hard. It was total no vision sand storm. I just got in when it hit. It was very ugly, I heard of one boat sunk. Lots of sirens on the water and people struggling to make it in. I hope everyone is OK. No rain yet but very high winds with dirt and sand blowing.
Very scary as it hit real fast and very hard.

lalhc
06-25-2006, 06:17 PM
I got off the water about an hour ago. A boat sunk, actually it looked like it flipped over, right around from the Nautical right before the Islander RV Resort. It appeared everyone was safe. It was pretty nasty coming out of the channel.
Dammit, I had my camera and didn't take any pictures. I guess I was concerned about getting my son and his friend off the water :)

Tremor Girl
06-25-2006, 06:27 PM
I got off the water about an hour ago. A boat sunk, actually it looked like it flipped over, right around from the Nautical right before the Islander RV Resort. It appeared everyone was safe. It was pretty nasty coming out of the channel.
Dammit, I had my camera and didn't take any pictures. I guess I was concerned about getting my son and his friend off the water :)
Hey Ruben,
Could you keep an eye on my place? Let me know if we need to come sooner to bail water off of the boat cover. :yuk:

slowinhavasu
06-25-2006, 06:53 PM
Keep that door closed tight and have wife stay in there with the BBQ going while you sit in house drinking beer. :rollside:
NICE.....Your so cold....but funny...are you home or still here ....

shueman
06-25-2006, 07:00 PM
Finally calming down at 7pm. But it is still blowing hard. It was total no vision sand storm. I just got in when it hit. It was very ugly, I heard of one boat sunk. Lots of sirens on the water and people struggling to make it in. I hope everyone is OK. No rain yet but very high winds with dirt and sand blowing.
Very scary as it hit real fast and very hard.
YIKES... :2purples: Hope everyone is OK....

lalhc
06-25-2006, 08:02 PM
Everything looked fine @ your site. I just got back to my house. Hopefully, the weather holds up better tomorrow afternoon. I have to work in the morning and we should be out on the water after 2!

RiverRatMike
06-26-2006, 01:55 AM
How'sthe weather out there now I was five minutes away from leaving Redlands area and a fellow hot boater saw this thread and called and told me not to drive in this so I waited and now it's lightning and raining over me. Oh well I'll leave tomorrow.
it's clear as of 3am, just a little breeze and 91 degrees. Saw some heat lightning over the Parker area around 11pm. Bring on the storms. Can't wait till monsoon season starts!

Tremor Girl
06-26-2006, 04:23 AM
Everything looked fine @ your site. I just got back to my house. Hopefully, the weather holds up better tomorrow afternoon. I have to work in the morning and we should be out on the water after 2!
Thanks Ruben, you guys have fun and be safe out there. Hope to see you soon :cool:

imbndvs
06-26-2006, 04:59 AM
NICE.....Your so cold....but funny...are you home or still here ....
Never was there, this was the weekend of my NBA event here in Vegas with Robert Horry, Greg Anthony, T Mac and a bunch of others.

Jordy
06-26-2006, 05:56 AM
One of those storms rolled through Pleasant around 5:00 and it got fun out there. The whole lake was white and there were about 3' rollers breaking on the 10 lane. Between the wind, the waves, and the waves moving the boat trailer around, it was fun getting out of there. :crossx: :220v: :crossx:
The weather has just been wacky around here all year. Both days this weekend were June-gloom marine layer looking in Phoenix, but hot and very humid. :notam:

RiverRatMike
06-27-2006, 01:51 AM
Early monsoon season forecasted
By TONY RAAP
Monday, June 26, 2006 11:16 PM MDT
News-Herald Photo/David Bell A private airplane sits in a ditch, blown off the tarmac by Sunday's windstorm with gusts of 42 mph. While north side residents did lose power for about two hours, Lake Havasu City Fire Chief Dennis Mueller said his agency had a few calls to check on potential hazards from blowing debris.
Sunday's windstorm may have ushered in the 2006 monsoon season, which was predicted to start earlier than normal this year, a local weather expert said Monday.
The monsoon season is a period of high humidity and increased moisture caused by a change in wind flow. The dew point, which meteorologists use to gauge humidity, was 50 Monday morning, according to the Mohave Community College's weather station.
“This is a good indicator that the monsoon season is close at hand if not on us already,” said Doyle Wilson, water resources coordinator for the city's Public Works Department. “I haven't seen it this humid this early in quite some time.”
In February, the University of Arizona predicted an “early and extended monsoon season,” in its monthly climate report. The monsoon season could begin as early as June and last through September, the report said.
A monsoon season begins when the dew point is 50 or 55 for four consecutive days, said Wilson, who collects temperature data from the MCC weather station. The high humidity may dissipate later this week before returning next month, but “I can't say for sure,” he said.
Winds normally blow from north to south. During the monsoon season, the wind blows south to north, said Larry Jensen, National Weather Service meteorologist. Monsoon season normally begins sometime in July, but “there really isn't a specific date,” Jensen said. It lasts into September, with July and August being the worst months.
There is a greater chance of thunderstorms during the monsoon season, which generates strong wind gusts. The National Weather Service reported 42-mph wind gusts Sunday night in downtown Lake Havasu City. The winds caused power outages throughout the city's north side and blew a plane off the runway at the LHC Municipal Airport.
Seek shelter whenever there is lighting or strong wind gusts, Jensen said. If caught in a flash flood, do not drive through low-lying areas.
“People do not understand the power of water,” he said, warning that two feet of moving water would push any vehicle off the road.
“If you wait 30 minutes or an hour, that water's going to be gone and it's safe to proceed,” he said. “Just use caution, especially at night when you might not see the water.”