PDA

View Full Version : Raylar engine troubles ?

Pages : [1] 2

vmjtc3
06-25-2006, 07:43 PM
Anyone ever have trouble with raylar engine kit's. If so what happend. Thanks :rollside:

phebus
06-25-2006, 07:57 PM
POPCORN, get your POPCORN :rollside:

INSman
06-25-2006, 08:03 PM
Shadow is pretty much an "Expert" with the subject and I am closing in on him :cool: Kachina26 is probably tied with me, maybe slightly ahead :220v:

Mandelon
06-25-2006, 08:14 PM
But don't ask Riverholic.

vmjtc3
06-25-2006, 08:15 PM
Not trying to start any problems but we had issues with one this weekend and wont know what happend untill the tear down. I was just wondering if anyone had had anything like what happend ,happen to them and what caused it. In our case (my brother-in-law's boat) something came apart in the topend (we think). What ever came through hit the sparkplug and closed the gap. So it was metal of some sort. Just curious if anyone had something happen like this and what caused it. Thats all.

shadow
06-25-2006, 08:22 PM
sounds like the imfamous broken rocker nut.

INSman
06-25-2006, 08:25 PM
Get's my vote

Kachina26
06-25-2006, 08:26 PM
I don't think a broken rocker nut would get into the cylinder to close the plug gap. Sounds more like the infamous broken piston. In Raylar's defense, that's a mercruiser issue. Sure hope you just busted a nut :D

INSman
06-25-2006, 08:30 PM
I don't think a broken rocker nut would get into the cylinder to close the plug gap. Sounds more like the infamous broken piston. In Raylar's defense, that's a mercruiser issue. Sure hope you just busted a nut :D
That could create a tough warranty issue, if in fact still in the factory Merc warranty period :220v:

Kachina26
06-25-2006, 08:41 PM
That could create a tough warranty issue, if in fact still in the factory Merc warranty period :220v:
HA! No issue. There's no warranty, simple :D

superdave013
06-25-2006, 08:42 PM
lol, I would say that would be pretty cut and dry. No way could anyone expect merc to warranty an engine that's been modified like that.

vmjtc3
06-25-2006, 08:49 PM
The only thing stock was the oil pan and valve cover's. The entire motor was gone through with only the best parts installed when the 525 stroker crank was done. I am not saying it is raylars fault just wondering if anyone else had the same problem.

ultra27jay
06-25-2006, 08:55 PM
POPCORN, get your POPCORN :rollside:
damm! u beat me to it! but anyways let the games begin!!!!

vmjtc3
06-25-2006, 08:56 PM
you guys enjoy I was just asking a question thats all.............

ultra27jay
06-25-2006, 09:29 PM
you guys enjoy I was just asking a question thats all.............
last weekend in havi my buddy had kinda the same problem. the new and inproved rocker nut let lose. 1400.00 dollars and a day out of the water problem fixed. this is the second time this happened, hes running a 496 ho with with the raylar kit. and now the boat is for sale...just my 02 cents sorry about your troubles hope to see u out on the water soon... :rollside:

INSman
06-25-2006, 09:32 PM
last weekend in havi my buddy had kinda the same problem. the new and inproved rocker nut let lose. 1400.00 dollars and a day out of the water problem fixed. this is the second time this happened, hes running a 496 ho with with the raylar kit. and now the boat is for sale...just my 02 cents sorry about your troubles hope to see u out on the water soon... :rollside:
The only new and improved that will withstand the test of time are the ones that Darrell/Shadow had made up along with some new studs, both made by ARP if I am not mistaken that are 7/16.

ultra27jay
06-25-2006, 09:36 PM
The only new and improved that will withstand the test of time are the ones that Darrell/Shadow had made up along with some new studs, both made by ARP if I am not mistaken that are 7/16.
i here that darrell should sell the idea to raylar....

INSman
06-25-2006, 09:45 PM
i here that darrell should sell the idea to raylar....
Good, bad or indifferent, Ray kinda marches to his own drummer and does pretty much his own thing. I do however think that he should incorporate this upgrade or solution into each and every kit. We all want reliability, and this would certainly add and in no way detract from happier days on the water.

ultra27jay
06-25-2006, 09:51 PM
Good, bad or indifferent, Ray kinda marches to his own drummer and does pretty much his own thing. I do however think that he should incorporate this upgrade or solution into each and every kit. We all want reliability, and this would certainly add and in no way detract from happier days on the water.
well put! :boxed:

Kilrtoy
06-25-2006, 09:54 PM
15K for a 525 sure sounds like cheap hp right about now

djunkie
06-25-2006, 10:03 PM
I'm gonna have to agree with you here for once Kilr. :crossx:

SHAKEN Not Stirred
06-25-2006, 10:10 PM
Bingo!
:idea:

Raylar
06-26-2006, 06:28 AM
Vmjtc3
Sorry to hear your brother-in-law had a problem. Who is your brother-in-law? Was this a motor we built or was it built by someone else with our parts? If its a motor we built we will obviously stand behind it if there is any problem thats caused by our work. Have your brother-in-law contact me. Kilirtoy, I can give you three boaters who had HP525's part company in the last four months and I think you just lost a drive. High performance boat motors and drives are not perfect, ours included, ask around and you'll see what I am talking about. Sometimes you guys seem to get more enjoyment out of failures than you do out of successes. I think you should change your attitudes for the sake of the industry if nothing else.
Ray @ Raylar

Jordy
06-26-2006, 06:38 AM
Kilirtoy, I can give you three boaters who had HP525's part company in the last four months and I think you just lost a drive.
Wow, very classy response Ray. Have you been taking PR classes from the customer support center over at Whipple by chance??? :notam:

voodoomedman
06-26-2006, 06:49 AM
Vmjtc3
Sorry to hear your brother-in-law had a problem. Who is your brother-in-law? Was this a motor we built or was it built by someone else with our parts? If its a motor we built we will obviously stand behind it if there is any problem thats caused by our work. Have your brother-in-law contact me.
After you contact him let me know if he gives you any UPS tracking #'s. I can make sure our driver picks them up on time and delivers them to you.
:wink:

INSman
06-26-2006, 07:41 AM
After you contact him let me know if he gives you any UPS tracking #'s. I can make sure our driver picks them up on time and delivers them to you.
Damn UPS drivers :hammerhea
Can you believe that I had parts delayed due to the UPS driver in Havasu not knowing that Absolute Speed & Marine moved 2 doors down on Industrial :220v:
Havasu is such a big town, I can see how he/she easily got confused :rollside:

Dave C
06-26-2006, 07:45 AM
this thread is going downhill in a hurry.. LOL

voodoomedman
06-26-2006, 07:53 AM
Damn UPS drivers :hammerhea
Can you believe that I had parts delayed due to the UPS driver in Havasu not knowing that Absolute Speed & Marine moved 2 doors down on Industrial :220v:
Havasu is such a big town, I can see how he/she easily got confused :rollside:
For reals????? That sucks if that's true. Let me have the tracking # on that one. If it happened I hope you were not inconvenience too greatly and that you got your shipping charges refunded. That is really weird. Most of our drivers know their routes really well and know their customers so they should know when they move. Maybe it was a cover driver that day. Of course like you said, not exactly downtown L.A.
My comment above was because a certain somebody doesn't own up to when he doesn't do something and blames us when we did nothing wrong. Of course if you got your tracking info from this same person then............

Havasu_Dreamin
06-26-2006, 07:53 AM
$20k now and going to increase another $2300 effective July 1.

laveydayz
06-26-2006, 07:59 AM
Wow, very classy response Ray. Have you been taking PR classes from the customer support center over at Whipple by chance??? :notam:
Kilr..... lost your drive??? Did not know whackers had drives?? Failure rate to how many 525's are in service I'd say its a strong proven motor!

Kilrtoy
06-26-2006, 08:03 AM
Vmjtc3
Sorry to hear your brother-in-law had a problem. Who is your brother-in-law? Was this a motor we built or was it built by someone else with our parts? If its a motor we built we will obviously stand behind it if there is any problem thats caused by our work. Have your brother-in-law contact me. Kilirtoy, I can give you three boaters who had HP525's part company in the last four months and I think you just lost a drive. High performance boat motors and drives are not perfect, ours included, ask around and you'll see what I am talking about. Sometimes you guys seem to get more enjoyment out of failures than you do out of successes. I think you should change your attitudes for the sake of the industry if nothing else.
Ray @ Raylar
Yes that would be correct, lost a drive, Lakeland took it apart and called Mercury Racing. Explained how the drive shaft snapped in half and it was their belief that is was a faulty drive shaft. Pics were sent to Merc, Mercury Racing agreed. rather than replacing the shaft, they built me a whole new lower unit and shipped it. All this and I was 3 months out of warranty. downside, I was down for 3 weeks because they did not have them instock.

phebus
06-26-2006, 08:05 AM
I feel that anytime you take a stock production motor, and customize it, you have to accept the fact that you might lose reliability.
At least with a 525, you get a warranty.

Dave C
06-26-2006, 08:21 AM
The Merc 525 better be reliable. Its a pretty standard setup that is massed produced. Plus its a pretty mild setup. 8.75:1, moderate cam, Gen VI block with production heads. They build so many of them they got it down. Kinda of pricey for a standard setup if you ask me. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
but of course with a stock setup you would expect it to be fairly reliable.
but we are dealing with modifications. Those of us that cannot leave well enough alone and modify our shiat, EXPECT to run into these sort of issues. or at least we should, otherwise it would make a lot of sense to buy the stock setup instead of modifying our setup.

rvrhlic
06-26-2006, 10:22 AM
But don't ask Riverholic.
:) :) :) :) :)
RAYLAR rules!!

Beer-30
06-26-2006, 10:38 AM
The Merc 525 better be reliable. Its a pretty standard setup that is massed produced. Plus its a pretty mild setup. 8.75:1, moderate cam, Gen VI block with production heads. They build so many of them they got it down. Kinda of pricey for a standard setup if you ask me. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
but of course with a stock setup you would expect it to be fairly reliable.
but we are dealing with modifications. Those of us that cannot leave well enough alone and modify our shiat, EXPECT to run into these sort of issues. or at least we should, otherwise it would make a lot of sense to buy the stock setup instead of modifying our setup.
True, very true. However, one small thing. The 525 heads aren't actually production; they are Edelbrock aluminums from what I have read. Regardless, they are still a motor that is put together by a person. So are the Raylar motors, be it just an upgrade top end kit or a full 600. A person is still building it.
If two motors are built together by the same person, just as carefully, the motor with the best parts is going to be the safer bet. If one has roller rockers and roller cam; it's going to be more reliable and build more horsepower than the motor next to it with flat tappets and stamped rockers.
As far as I have read, I haven't seen anything but rocker studs and nuts breaking on Raylar kits. The heads appear to be just fine - as well as the intake. I would personally like to see them switch to MEFI controllers, so that they were more tuneable. To be honest, I would see the "perfect" setup being Raylar heads and cam with ASM intake that comes with MEFI ECM. Stick with poly-lock rocker nuts and you would have a safe, tuneable setup that makes real nice HP.
UNTIL a stock piston breaks. But that would be neither Raylar or ASMs fault.
EDIT: basically, the rocker studs and nuts are keeping the Raylar motors from being as safe and consistant as the 525s. Merc knows to go with a proven setup as Crane gold rockers and matching polys.

STV_Keith
06-26-2006, 10:41 AM
Speaking of these 496's, do they use a standard BBC bolt pattern for the oil pan? IE, any old BBC pan will fit or not?

Beer-30
06-26-2006, 10:56 AM
Speaking of these 496's, do they use a standard BBC bolt pattern for the oil pan? IE, any old BBC pan will fit or not?
That one I do not know. Some of the others here will. I believe it is completely different.
The pan here looks completely different. It is, however, a side-view.
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=14764

26Daytona
06-26-2006, 11:49 AM
That one I do not know. Some of the others here will. I believe it is completely different.
The pan here looks completely different. It is, however, a side-view.
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=14764
No, they won't work, and if you made them fit you would have starvation problems. The guys at Dooley explained this to me in detail when I bought their pan.
The 2 piece 14qt pan that I'm using is baffled and has one way gates in it to keep the oil next to the pump. It's a damn nice pan.

vmjtc3
06-26-2006, 02:21 PM
[QUOTE=Beer-30] To be honest, I would see the "perfect" setup being Raylar heads and cam with ASM intake that comes with MEFI ECM.
Bingo that is exactly what this motor has arizona speed and marine intake with raylar heads and cam. Stroker crank and forged pistons 525 ci.
And I gotta tell you it runs hard. (well it did any ways).
Nice and smooth on the bottom and put you back in the seat middle through top end.

Beer-30
06-26-2006, 02:23 PM
[QUOTE=Beer-30] To be honest, I would see the "perfect" setup being Raylar heads and cam with ASM intake that comes with MEFI ECM.
Bingo that is exactly what this motor has arizona speed and marine intake with raylar heads and cam. Stroker crank and forged pistons 525 ci.
And I gotta tell you it runs hard. (well it did any ways).
Nice and smooth on the bottom and put you back in the seat middle through top end.
Nice setup. So, what broke? Did I miss it above? Was it the dreaded rocker nuts?

vmjtc3
06-26-2006, 02:37 PM
Nice setup. So, what broke? Did I miss it above? Was it the dreaded rocker nuts?
I havent got the word yet on what happend. But I should know soon H.T.M was supposed to do the tear down this morning in hopes of having it repaired for next weekend.............

Beer-30
06-26-2006, 02:46 PM
I havent got the word yet on what happend. But I should know soon H.T.M was supposed to do the tear down this morning in hopes of having it repaired for next weekend.............
Cool. Keep us posted.
And once again, I love your Carrera with the radar arch. Just friggen classic lines. I can't believe you are wanting to sell it. I think I would have to repower (if you haven't already) and keep that bad boy.
Edit:
As it is, my whole crew (who isn't used to big sport boats) always call me Crocket and want me to play the Jan Hamer "Miami Vice" theme when we are out. I can only imagine being around yours with the arch!

Dave C
06-26-2006, 02:49 PM
those heads were designed by edelbrock and produced by chevrolet. They are production.
Don't buy Merc's marketing bullshiat. The internals of those motors are mass produced. GM builds thousands of those things.
I have personally bought several of em because they have pretty good quality and can be abused to a certain extent. ;)
True, very true. However, one small thing. The 525 heads aren't actually production; they are Edelbrock aluminums from what I have read. Regardless, they are still a motor that is put together by a person.

Beer-30
06-26-2006, 02:51 PM
those heads were designed by edelbrock and produced by chevrolet. They are production.
Ah.

Dave C
06-26-2006, 02:54 PM
it cracks me up that someone pays $20-25 grand for a motor that I have bought in a crate for $4,995 plus shipping then have converted for a few thousand $$$'s..... (even less without EFI)
cam and spring change and off you go :rollside:

Beer-30
06-26-2006, 03:01 PM
it cracks me up that someone pays $20-25 grand for a motor that I have bought in a crate for $4,995 plus shipping then have converted for a few thousand $$$'s..... (even less without EFI)
cam and spring change and off you go :rollside:
502HO? or 502/502?
And don't forget to factor in the cost of that blue paint!

Beer-30
06-26-2006, 03:02 PM
Sure don't see much about the HP3 from GM.?.

vmjtc3
06-26-2006, 03:07 PM
Cool. Keep us posted.
And once again, I love your Carrera with the radar arch. Just friggen classic lines. I can't believe you are wanting to sell it. I think I would have to repower (if you haven't already) and keep that bad boy.
Edit:
As it is, my whole crew (who isn't used to big sport boats) always call me Crocket and want me to play the Jan Hamer "Miami Vice" theme when we are out. I can only imagine being around yours with the arch!
I get that all the time. My bro-in-law wants to get white suit jackets so we can cruise havasu. And I must admit I have Jan Hamer in the I-pod. The for sale sign is just a ploy to throw the wifey off track. I am buying a new boat and I told her I would try to sell it. So if someone was to try to buy it It might be for sale......................maybe :cool:

Mrs.Killer
06-26-2006, 03:08 PM
Yeah, very classy. And this is coming from a business man :rolleyes:

Beer-30
06-26-2006, 03:09 PM
I get that all the time. My bro-in-law wants to get white suit jackets so we can cruise havasu. And I must admit I have Jan Hamer in the I-pod. The for sale sign is just a ploy to throw the wifey off track. I am buying a new boat and I told her I would try to sell it. So if someone was to try to buy it It might be for sale......................maybe :cool:
:D :D :D :D :D

Dave C
06-26-2006, 03:11 PM
either... I'll take either.
BTW you just gave away a great idea..... blue paint distributor... you can make a mint........ :rollside: :rollside:
502HO? or 502/502?
And don't forget to factor in the cost of that blue paint!

vmjtc3
06-26-2006, 03:12 PM
[QUOTE=Beer-30]Cool. Keep us posted.
Oh and thanks for the kind words. I am very happy with the performance of the hull. At 27' it is great for Mead, we live in vegas so we boat there most of the time.. :rollside:

Beer-30
06-26-2006, 03:12 PM
either... I'll take either.
BTW you just gave away a great idea..... blue paint distributor... you can make a mint........ :rollside: :rollside:
:cool:

djunkie
06-26-2006, 03:14 PM
Yeah, very classy. And this is coming from a business man :rolleyes:
Hi Mrs. Kilr. :devil: :D :D

Dave C
06-26-2006, 03:21 PM
actually I tell you what I did.
bought 502 bottom end (steel/forged dimple rods :crossx:)) then bought a set of aftermarket heads and bump stick suited to the application.
voila.... you have a brand new 600 hp long block for under $7000. ;)
but don't tell anyone... it'll be our little secret ;)
now you got me thinking... know anyone that wants a used 496HO? :rollside:

Mrs.Killer
06-26-2006, 04:58 PM
Hi Mrs. Kilr. :devil: :D :D
Hey, how are ya.... :rollside:

djunkie
06-26-2006, 09:44 PM
Hey, how are ya.... :rollside:
I'm good, thanks. :rollside:

vmjtc3
07-26-2006, 02:37 PM
Bingo broken piston.
No bingo piston was not a stock mercruiser. Piston was a Raylar forged Mahle piston. :crossx:

vegas30cat
07-26-2006, 03:32 PM
Bingo broken piston.
No bingo piston was not a stock mercruiser. Piston was a Raylar forged Mahle piston. :crossx:
inconceivable :220v:

26Daytona
07-26-2006, 03:56 PM
Who built this motor, Raylar or your brother in law ?
Damn, I'm so f*cking nervous about running this motor that I have spent a shit load of money on. First it's rocker arms, and now pistons.

ChumpChange
07-26-2006, 04:05 PM
:idea: :idea: :idea:

BajaMike
07-26-2006, 04:12 PM
We all want reliability, and this would certainly add and in no way detract from happier days on the water.
If you want reliability, why put a Raylar on you motor???:confused:
Why not a Whipple??? :cool:
Just kidding...... :2purples: :2purples: :2purples: :2purples:

voodoomedman
07-26-2006, 04:45 PM
:idea: :idea: :idea:
The point was that he was blaming us when it wasn't our fault. We are not perfect and in the unfortunate circumstance you had we screwed up. I guess I could blame somebody else though if you want me to.

vmjtc3
07-26-2006, 05:33 PM
Who built this motor, Raylar or your brother in law ?
Damn, I'm so f*cking nervous about running this motor that I have spent a shit load of money on. First it's rocker arms, and now pistons.
The motor was built by H.T.M. :cool:

Beer-30
07-26-2006, 05:46 PM
inconceivable :220v:
"I do not think that word means what you think it means."
(Princess Bride)

anchorman
07-26-2006, 05:54 PM
(Princess Bride)
Hey I was gonna say that :)

Kilrtoy
07-26-2006, 06:27 PM
WTF, WHO IS MESSING WITH THE DOTS....... :boxed:

dicudmore
07-26-2006, 08:36 PM
(Princess Bride)
guess you know where I got that from...oh, looks like I posted as Mark earlier too :220v:

Beer-30
07-27-2006, 07:23 AM
Aren't you worried about the R.O.U.S.'s?

Motonut123
07-27-2006, 01:38 PM
This is vmjtc3 brother in law. And yes,raylar's piston failed in my new engine in 15 hours.That was 15 very ez breakin hours. Never been over 4500 rpm. Not sure how much i should say about it just yet. But let me tell you there is a serious problem with there pistons. And have received absolutely no help from raylar. Now we all know i will get a big double talk reply from raylar blaming everyone else for the failure and not admit they have a problem with there pistons. I will be giving more info on this very soon.

RiverDave
07-27-2006, 02:40 PM
Well that sucks.. What could possibly be wrong with a piston though?
DJ

INSman
07-27-2006, 04:00 PM
Can we please see a picture of the damaged piston ??

Mrs.Killer
07-27-2006, 04:09 PM
This thread again, i thought it was broken....

dicudmore
07-27-2006, 06:09 PM
This thread again, i thought it was broken....
you're right...it is...still broken :mad:

Mrs.Killer
07-27-2006, 06:51 PM
New girlfriend in your avitar?? :rollside:

vmjtc3
07-27-2006, 07:16 PM
And four to six week from being unbroken :yuk:

vmjtc3
07-27-2006, 07:17 PM
And to make it even worse I still dont have my new ride yet :cry:

dicudmore
07-27-2006, 08:31 PM
New girlfriend in your avitar?? :rollside:
I wish :cry:

Raylar
07-28-2006, 09:43 AM
Motonut123:
Just to clarify some of the mis-information going on here. I have been told by Fred at HTM that he was sending me the broken piston now for 3-1/2 weeks so we can inspect it. That has not happened yet. I believe you and I had a phone conversation about a week ago and I reinterated to you to get the piston back for checkout. We will obviously stand behind a failed piston and so will Mahle, especially if the piston is at fault.
I will tell you as I have also informed Fred at HTM. There was only one other case of a damaged 496 Mahle piston and I have that one in my shop. The shop that built that motor did not check or set the deck height on the piston after decking the block and the pistons were lightly wacking the head on every upstroke. I hope that is not the case here, but I won't know why your piston broke off a piece until we can see the piston and see the failure. As I have said many times before, we can not be responsible when other shops who buy our internal engine parts ie: pistons, cranks, rods and don't do a correct build on the motor. If there is a problem with the buildup done by HTM, then your problem is with them not us. We have now built 18 Raylar motors, four 525HP models and 12- H0600 models and not one failure or problem! We are not going to sit by and be bashed by unfounded comments and distortions, lets let the facts speak to the problem you have encountered.
As for other Raylar motors, our rocker nut problem was a small problem (isolated to about 8 motors, but we stood up and took care of the small problem)and there are now over 200 Raylar kits out there all around the globe running the new nuts without problems or rocker arm problems. As for Mercury Racing HP525's they are excellent motors , but they have problems to, you can check threads her and on Offshore Only and see that Merc HP525's are not foolproof either.
We live in an imperfect world and there are no perfect parts or motors, especially in high performance boating. The test is whether a companies products are overall very good or not. I think our record will speak for itself and I know our customer service during and after sale is second to none!
As for Beer 30's comment about the MEFI ECM and the Arizona Speed & Marine manifold. I will tall you two things. One, our manifold will make more horsepower in any 496 use than the Arizona Manifold. Two, we do get the ECM's reprogrammed for the 496's and several Raylar motors have this option. Nice thing about the 525HP kit is the ECM does not need to be tweaked or re-calibrated which is a good cost savings and makes the kit install less complicated. For the bigger HP Raylar motors we do re-calibrate and all of the HO600's out there are using this re-calibration quite successfully.
Raylar builds and sells quality parts, kits and motors and we will never leave a customer holding the bag for something thats our responsibility as others in the industry do! Motornut123, have Fred get that piston to me!
Regards,
Ray @ Raylar

Beer-30
07-28-2006, 10:41 AM
An engine is a mechanical piece of equipment, and mechanical equipment can and will break at some point. Nothing is perfect. Sometimes there are problems with even the best components that can not be detected until someone pushes it to it's breaking point. Awhile back, Continental and Lycoming both had problems with their crankshafts in their (respectible) aircraft engines. Several re-calls were in place and they replaced several hundred crankshafts due to a run of cranks that several thousand air bubble pores throughout the castings. Cranks were breaking, so they replaced them all. A new run of pistons could be the same way. Could have been a run of porous forgings. It happens. Nothing is perfect.
As for the intake manifolds. Only a videotaped, side-by-side dyno run of identical long-blocks, on the same day at the same time by an independent/uninvolved engine builder would prove to all which mani made the most power/torque. Raylar says theirs makes more, ASM says theirs makes more. Both will say this until it is either proven that they are equal; or that they are not. They both look excellent in their execution and I would bet they are very close to each other in HP/TQ.
On ECMs, I have only one point. There is just no possible way that ONE program can be the most efficient for two different motors. Even between one 496HO and the next 496HO. There are tiny differences that could be tweaked to make each and every motor run at its most efficient point. As it is, we all know that the factory HO programming is NOT the most efficient. Several reprogrammed owners are much happier than before. Now, take that stock programming that was designed for an HO and change the camshaft heads and intake. Ok, so one can put the fuel at around 50 psi and it runs great. This has been proven. BUT, now we bump up to the 600HP category and re-programming is all of a sudden required? I think not. It was TECHNICALLY required at the start; with the stock HO. Then, it would be required again at the 525HP level. Then again at the 600HP level. Each change has different timing event requirements-both for fuel and ignition. Even if just very slight.

Motonut123
07-28-2006, 11:26 AM
Told you so.I Would get this response from raylar. They are never responsible for product failures. Please take my advice, DON NOT USE THERE PISTONS. You will have nothing but lost boating time and major expense. And for the ASM manifold and parts they sell are high quailty and work very will. I have had no problems with there stuff and highly recomend them.

dicudmore
07-28-2006, 11:32 AM
Motonut123:
Just to clarify some of the mis-information going on here. I have been told by Fred at HTM that he was sending me the broken piston now for 3-1/2 weeks so we can inspect it. That has not happened yet. I believe you and I had a phone conversation about a week ago and I reinterated to you to get the piston back for checkout. We will obviously stand behind a failed piston and so will Mahle, especially if the piston is at fault.
I will tell you as I have also informed Fred at HTM. There was only one other case of a damaged 496 Mahle piston and I have that one in my shop. The shop that built that motor did not check or set the deck height on the piston after decking the block and the pistons were lightly wacking the head on every upstroke. I hope that is not the case here, but I won't know why your piston broke off a piece until we can see the piston and see the failure. As I have said many times before, we can not be responsible when other shops who buy our internal engine parts ie: pistons, cranks, rods and don't do a correct build on the motor. If there is a problem with the buildup done by HTM, then your problem is with them not us. We have now built 18 Raylar motors, four 525HP models and 12- H0600 models and not one failure or problem! We are not going to sit by and be bashed by unfounded comments and distortions, lets let the facts speak to the problem you have encountered.
As for other Raylar motors, our rocker nut problem was a small problem (isolated to about 8 motors, but we stood up and took care of the small problem)and there are now over 200 Raylar kits out there all around the globe running the new nuts without problems or rocker arm problems. As for Mercury Racing HP525's they are excellent motors , but they have problems to, you can check threads her and on Offshore Only and see that Merc HP525's are not foolproof either.
We live in an imperfect world and there are no perfect parts or motors, especially in high performance boating. The test is whether a companies products are overall very good or not. I think our record will speak for itself and I know our customer service during and after sale is second to none!
As for Beer 30's comment about the MEFI ECM and the Arizona Speed & Marine manifold. I will tall you two things. One, our manifold will make more horsepower in any 496 use than the Arizona Manifold. Two, we do get the ECM's reprogrammed for the 496's and several Raylar motors have this option. Nice thing about the 525HP kit is the ECM does not need to be tweaked or re-calibrated which is a good cost savings and makes the kit install less complicated. For the bigger HP Raylar motors we do re-calibrate and all of the HO600's out there are using this re-calibration quite successfully.
Raylar builds and sells quality parts, kits and motors and we will never leave a customer holding the bag for something thats our responsibility as others in the industry do! Motornut123, have Fred get that piston to me!
Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
gotta call bullshiat on the highlighted portion of statement above...unless that is 8 THIS WEEK. Or, lets just say that one particular boat has had this alleged nut failure more than once, or even twice, is that still one failure?

H20 Party Starter
07-28-2006, 11:39 AM
DO NOT USE THERE PISTONS.
Hey Moto....Look up the difference between There, Their, and They're. I think you were looking for "Their" in that sentence. :rolleyes: When trying to bash someone and sound halfway educated type your posts in a WORD type program where you can grammer check them 1st :rollside:
Me, I know I can't spell, and I don't care :p

Beer-30
07-28-2006, 11:48 AM
gotta call bullshiat on the highlighted portion of statement above...unless that is 8 THIS WEEK. Or, lets just say that one particular boat has had this alleged nut failure more than once, or even twice, is that still one failure?
That sentence struck me as "low" also. There are at least 8 people here on the boards that have had the trouble. All have been taken care of, to my knowledge - at least sent new parts and compensated for labor - but not all have changed to the foolproof fix.
As I said last time. Their idea is good and their devotion is in the right place, but there is just one simple deal: If rollers would work with other stud/nut setups - they would be shipped with them. To my knowledge, all roller sets are shipped with polys. Shaft-mount would be the exception, of course (although they still have an allen head lock screw for the adjusting nuts). That's what they were designed to use, and that is was works with them. Either machine them or space the valve cover. Either way, using poly locks would cut out 99% of the tow rope rides.

Kachina26
07-28-2006, 11:55 AM
Hey Moto....Look up the difference between There, Their, and They're. I think you were looking for "Their" in that sentence. :rolleyes: When trying to bash someone and sound halfway educated type your posts in a WORD type program where you can grammer check them 1st :rollside:
eh hmmm, grammar:D

OutCole'd
07-28-2006, 11:58 AM
Before we beat the tribal drums here, do we know what caused the piston to fail yet?

Motonut123
07-28-2006, 12:07 PM
BFD so i didn't spell there, their,they're up to your standards.
And saying i'm halfway educated? You don't even know me.

Motonut123
07-28-2006, 12:12 PM
Yes we know what the reason for their piston failures ! And we'll let you know when it's time.

shadow
07-28-2006, 12:16 PM
Yes we know what the reason for their piston failures ! And we'll let you know when it's time.
So whats the big secret?
Not picking either side here,just wondering how you can come on here and bash then keep secrets? Or "it's not time"It was time to point fingers,Lets see some pics of the damage.

OutCole'd
07-28-2006, 12:17 PM
So whats the big secret?
Not picking either side here,just wondering how you can come on here and bash then keep secrets? Or "it's not time"It was time to point fingers,Lets see some pics of the damage.
Exactly

Motonut123
07-28-2006, 01:07 PM
Not bashing. Just telling about my experience so hopefully no one else will have to go through this problem and expense. The reason i'm not saying why is. My engine builder will inform you all of what his findings are soon. With proof to back it up.

RiverDave
07-28-2006, 01:33 PM
So whats the big secret?
Exactly...
That's kinda like me saying..
SHADOW'S A PRICK!!! :mad: I'll tell you all why later..
For some reason I don't think that would fly to well. :D
RD

Deano
07-28-2006, 01:44 PM
Please excuse my inexperience, but why bash Raylar for a failed Mahle piston? Is this some kind of one off custom piece that Ray designed? You have the balls to come on here and point fingers. You best post up biatch and tell everyone what the problem is? Ray might just be losing some sales because of you not telling the whole story.
Did Raylar put your engine together? If not, you are making a HUGE mistake. Since when do pistons just fail on their own? With out the help of other components, the builder, tuner, driver, etc… If it did then you need to start bagging on Mahle not Rayler

shadow
07-28-2006, 02:43 PM
Please excuse my inexperience, but why bash Raylar for a failed Mahle piston? Is this some kind of one off custom piece that Ray designed? You have the balls to come on here and point fingers. You best post up biatch and tell everyone what the problem is? Ray might just be losing some sales because of you not telling the whole story.
Did Raylar put your engine together? If not, you are making a HUGE mistake. Since when do pistons just fail on their own? With out the help of other components, the builder, tuner, driver, etc… If it did then you need to start bagging on Mahle not Rayler
Kinda of what i was thinking,If a Mahle piston failed why is it Raylars fault?
Now i know Raylar has had thier share of issues and i think Ray is being conservitive by saying 8 boats have had rocker nut failures.
But unless Raylar assembled your engine and tuned it,Fuel pressure etc then how is it Raylars fault.Of course your builder is going to say everything he did
was right and pass the buck.If in fact he did or didn't do somthing that could have added to your failure.
Spill the beans,don't offer up an empty bowl of popcorn.
Rd is getting a kick in the sack. :)

Motonut123
07-28-2006, 05:09 PM
Well Deano real classy calling me a biatch.I guess the pic. you have of a baby smoking a joint explains everything i need to know about you. This piston is one of there 30 over stroker piston. And the piston did fail on it's own. And why are some of you so conserned about giving your 2 cents ? Is this your motor ? Or had experienced any raylar piston problems yourself ? Or you just have nothing better to do then bag on me ? If thats it? Then you need to consider getting a life !

Kilrtoy
07-28-2006, 05:31 PM
Im on my way to WALLY WORD for some fresh popcorn and beer, anyone want some cuz this is gonna get good :boxed:

Escape Velocity
07-28-2006, 05:42 PM
[QUOTE=Motonut123]Told you so.I Would get this response from raylar. They are never responsible for product failures.
Using the word NEVER can only be used when you know of every business transaction Raylar has had with their customers. You don't know mine.
Raylar immediately accepted full responsibility for a valve train issue I experienced last year. Their customer service response was exemplary and it enabled me to get back on the water very quickly. My HO600 has been running strong for a year since then.

Kilrtoy
07-28-2006, 06:16 PM
Would that life include coming on HB and acting like a crybaby because a piston broke.
Engines break. If you can't afford to accept that inevitability, get another hobby. If you have some real proof, post it up. I, for one, am not up to taking the word of a guy with 8 posts.
Wow Bob, that is kinda hard , don't you think.....
thed guys UNSTOCK motor broke

H20 Party Starter
07-28-2006, 06:25 PM
And saying i'm halfway educated? You don't even know me.
I know you haven't posted any pics of the Piston, or sent it to Raylar 4 pages later :rolleyes: In the days of a cammera phone, this should take HTM about 2-3 mins after a phone call. UPS shipping the piston to Raylar after you have pics shouldn't be more than $5 and 2 days :rolleyes What's wrong? Did the builder pinch a ring? Bind the pin? the pin clips? The piston should show evidence of what caused the failure. Post the pic and I will be the first to light the fire under the one responsible (Which sounds like the Piston Manuf. NOT RAYLAR)

vmjtc3
07-28-2006, 07:06 PM
Would that life include coming on HB and acting like a crybaby because a piston broke.
I, for one, am not up to taking the word of a guy with 8 posts.
At over 8000 posts the only thing I trust is that you are an asshole. :mad:

shadow
07-28-2006, 07:29 PM
Not bashing. Just telling about my experience so hopefully no one else will have to go through this problem and expense. The reason i'm not saying why is. My engine builder will inform you all of what his findings are soon. With proof to back it up.
Good luck! Hopefully the cause of failure will come out clear and pics to prove
exactly what happened.Hopefully with so few hrs whoevers part failed will stand behind it and won't cost anymore than some down time.
Curious to hear what your engine builder has to say. :)

rvrhlic
07-28-2006, 07:43 PM
Raylar put my engine together and it was a piece of s@!t. Of course my motor was the guinea pig for their 600 HO engine. They got a lot of R&D done at my expense.
All he is doing is sharing his experience, why do you guys need to bash him? Just telling you what experience he had. I too can tell you that IN MY EXPERIENCE it is always someone's else fault. I know that I had a Raylar "600" built by raylar which made just under 425 hp! Not the best improvement over a stock 496HO.
Raylar can come to the boards and flame UPS so he should be prepared for it himself.
I tell everyone I meet at the river... DON'T DO IT! The Raylar kit ruined my summer last year. I would advise against use any of their products.
Just my .02, you really don’t need to flame me as well.

sbcokeman
07-28-2006, 08:23 PM
I have a complete built ralar motor built on the 496ho, call alexi at boostpower in Thousand Oaks, he spent alot of time on the dyno with my motor and got 611hp out of it but cut it back to 600hp. He even burned his own chip and hooked it up with the mercury computer, thats the major problem they have. It runs stong.26 foot cat, 30 pitch bravo 1 prop at 5000rpm runs me just over 80mph. :boxed:

Motonut123
07-28-2006, 08:23 PM
Thanks rvrhlic ! I see you also have the backbone to tell it like it is ! Would like to hear more of your raylar experiences.

Havasu1986
07-28-2006, 08:57 PM
If you have some real proof, post it up. I, for one, am not up to taking the word of a guy with 8 posts.
So if your if your post count is low, your not qualified to have a opinion? What if my neighbor John Force came on with 1 post and had a opinion about motors would you flame him.

vmjtc3
07-28-2006, 09:11 PM
So if your if your post count is low, your not qualified to have a opinion? What if my neighbor John Force came on with 1 post and had a opinion about motors would you flame him.
Oh I am sure someone would. :rolleyes:
Cause you know, he is only a driver what could he know about motors :cool:

JAY4SPEED
07-28-2006, 09:16 PM
Oh I am sure someone would. :rolleyes:
Cause you know, he is only a driver what could he know about motors :cool:
If your neighbor was Austin Coil that would be a different story. :p

Kilrtoy
07-28-2006, 10:55 PM
John Force would never complain about a motor,
all he would say is
ALL I WANTED WAS BOYS :rolleyes:

boater012
07-29-2006, 10:15 AM
ANYTIME and I mean ANYTIME you take a stock motor and put non stock parts in it and on it you open yourself up to having problems, no matter who you buy them from!!!
There are engine builders that charge rediculous amounts of money for their products and only give a tail light warranty on them. I think we should all sit back and wait to see what the facts are here. If the piston failed by itself it is not Rays fault at all, in fact we all know it is a Mahle piston and i'm sure they will stand behind their product. I have dealt with them before and they are awesome to deal with. ( "personal experience" NOT smoke blowing from someone that doesn't know anything about them.)
Falures in the high performance industry are common place. Some of the manufacturers of so called high performance engines are doing nothing more than putting nice shiny parts on STOCK gm long blocks and calling them HIGH performance. If you want to play with the big boys you need to be willing to pay the piper when stuff breaks.
Someone made a comment about John Force coming on here and getting flamed like this. First of all John Force would not complain!!! He would understand that things happen and deal with it rather than blaming someone who is not the person responsible.
If you buy a new car and it breaks down do you get pissed at the dealer who sold it to you??????????? Food for thought guys.
Carry on :argue:

vmjtc3
07-29-2006, 10:22 AM
Someone made a comment about John Force coming on here and getting flamed like this. First of all John Force would not complain!!! He would understand that things happen and deal with it rather than blaming someone who is not the person responsible.
Wow thats cool that you know John Force well enough to speak for him. Maybe you could get him to sign my 1/24 scale funnycar I have of his. :rollside:

26Daytona
07-29-2006, 10:23 AM
Me, I know I can't spell, and I don't care :p
I was thinking the same thing !

djunkie
07-29-2006, 12:07 PM
John Force would never complain about a motor,
all he would say is
ALL I WANTED WAS BOYS :rolleyes:
Now thats funny. :rollside:

Raylar
07-31-2006, 04:06 PM
Motornut123
As I said before, there are 14 Raylar built motors out there running the same Mahle pistons and there are at least another dozen 496's out in the world built by other motor builders running the same Mahle pistons from Raylar with no problems or breakage. As I said before there is only one other case of a Raylar sold Mahle piston failure and that piston failed because the block was decked and the pistons and reods were installed without checking deck heights on the piston and the pistons wacked the head under high rpm loads and broke a portion of the top ring land off on the piston. I am not saying this is what happened in your case because I have not seen the motor or the piston and I have not received the piston back as we have requested for 4 weeks. Every manufacturer in this industry as well as most others requires the return of a product for inspection and verification prior to processing a warranty claim, we are no different! The piston if its defective will be honered by Mahle and Raylar without delay once we get it back for inspection. Sorry, but we are not going to accept yours or HTM's opinion as to whether its defective until we see the product that failed!
If you really knew how we took care of our customers with problems with Raylar products, you would have to eat your own words and apologize. We have probably are one the best customer service after sale service of any engine company in the business.
Riverholic, as for your bullshit comments, your so called "no good" Raylar HO600 motor is the very one that "sbcokeman" in this threqad has in his boat and it is the one that dynoed at Boostpower at 611HP right after you traded it in. It runs and makes power just fine, you just would not follow instructions and finsh the 600HP install. Bet that just "chaps your hide, doesn't it! Instead you sit on here (forum) and keep on bashing with unfounded claims. Keep the slander up and the next person you here from may be an attorney!! Not a threat, just a f****** promise!! Quit while your ahead!
Thank You to the rest of our good customers and freinds who know how we service and step up. We appreciate your good words and support!
Regards,
Ray @ Raylar

Cole Trickle
07-31-2006, 04:14 PM
Originally Posted by ShockwaveBob
I, for one, am not up to taking the word of a guy with 8 posts.
At over 8000 posts the only thing I trust is that you are an asshole. :mad:
Do you know John? :crossx: ;)

shadow
07-31-2006, 05:15 PM
Motornut123
As I said before, there are 14 Raylar built motors out there running the same Mahle pistons and there are at least another dozen 496's out in the world built by other motor builders running the same Mahle pistons from Raylar with no problems or breakage. As I said before there is only one other case of a Raylar sold Mahle piston failure and that piston failed because the block was decked and the pistons and reods were installed without checking deck heights on the piston and the pistons wacked the head under high rpm loads and broke a portion of the top ring land off on the piston. I am not saying this is what happened in your case because I have not seen the motor or the piston and I have not received the piston back as we have requested for 4 weeks. Every manufacturer in this industry as well as most others requires the return of a product for inspection and verification prior to processing a warranty claim, we are no different! The piston if its defective will be honered by Mahle and Raylar without delay once we get it back for inspection. Sorry, but we are not going to accept yours or HTM's opinion as to whether its defective until we see the product that failed!
If you really knew how we took care of our customers with problems with Raylar products, you would have to eat your own words and apologize. We have probably are one the best customer service after sale service of any engine company in the business.
Riverholic, as for your bullshit comments, your so called "no good" Raylar HO600 motor is the very one that "sbcokeman" in this threqad has in his boat and it is the one that dynoed at Boostpower at 611HP right after you traded it in. It runs and makes power just fine, you just would not follow instructions and finsh the 600HP install. Bet that just "chaps your hide, doesn't it! Instead you sit on here (forum) and keep on bashing with unfounded claims. Keep the slander up and the next person you here from may be an attorney!! Not a threat, just a f****** promise!! Quit while your ahead!
Thank You to the rest of our good customers and freinds who know how we service and step up. We appreciate your good words and support!
Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
Nice post Ray!As far as i am concerned this thread is useless without pics of this piston that failed on it's own.

Focker
07-31-2006, 05:36 PM
This is a crazy thread!
Ray's customer service is outstanding. Anyone who thinks otherwise I just dont understand

Motonut123
07-31-2006, 05:56 PM
Customer support ? You said there is no warranty on your parts. Till i found it on your wab site. Then you said you would send 1 piston right out to speed things up. Well 4 weeks and no piston. If your so interested in your product support. Then how bout seeing some cash to help make things right ? I'm not saying you have problems with all your parts. Actually i'm happy with them other then the piston problems. And no the piston did not hit the head. I'm sure my engine builder will be getting with you soon on this matter.

Escape Velocity
07-31-2006, 06:02 PM
Shadow and Focker, I couldn't agree with you more.
Let's see the piston. Then the appropriate response by the appropriate parties can be set in motion.

Beer-30
07-31-2006, 06:12 PM
Good lord! Give up the piston already! Sheez!

ultra27jay
07-31-2006, 06:13 PM
lets have a party at shadows...... :D

shadow
07-31-2006, 06:18 PM
Well, Is it time yet? :rolleyes:

INSman
07-31-2006, 07:14 PM
Well, Is it time yet? :rolleyes:
Anytime now :rollside:

Raylar
07-31-2006, 07:18 PM
I'll buy the beer!
Ray @ Raylar :rollside:

Beer-30
07-31-2006, 07:40 PM
I thought thread count only applied to sheets?
And I'm confused; Is it a low post count or a high post count that breaks pistons?

H20 Party Starter
07-31-2006, 07:52 PM
6 pages of this Shit with NO PISTON pics :rolleyes:
That's about as Gay as Richard Simmons :yuk: :yuk: :mad:
Man up, send the Piston over to Ray, and we'll tell you where HTM went wrong :rollside:

vmjtc3
07-31-2006, 08:04 PM
Wow, it only took me 200 posts to realize you're an asshole. Go kick rocks.
We already talked about this before. I will go kick rocks as long as I can start with the ones in your head. Eat a dick! :yuk:

vmjtc3
07-31-2006, 08:22 PM
6 pages of this Shit with NO PISTON pics :rolleyes:
That's about as Gay as Richard Simmons :yuk: :yuk: :mad:
Man up, send the Piston over to Ray, and we'll tell you where HTM went wrong :rollside:
Richard Simmons is gay :idea: :cool:

MACHINEHEAD
07-31-2006, 08:36 PM
I want to see the piston too! But probably wont, because it was something else that happened. I want to see what a Bad piston looks like AFTER something has already happened to it. I have seen a lot of "BAD" pistons, and none of them were the pistons fault.

Kilrtoy
07-31-2006, 08:42 PM
I thought thread count only applied to sheets?
And I'm confused; Is it a low post count or a high post count that breaks pistons?
Most be a low post count , I have yet to break a piston in ANYTHING I OWN.....
I JUST FELT THE JINX KICK IN

Kilrtoy
07-31-2006, 08:59 PM
Here is some fired up PISTONS
http://www.rubyan.com/politics/archives/pistons%20cartoon.gif

vmjtc3
07-31-2006, 09:21 PM
I JUST FELT THE JINX KICK IN
Doh..........them 300's aint cheap you better knock on some wood :)
Hey kilr who painted your motor's? Dcb ,or did you have them done after?

ChumpChange
08-01-2006, 07:39 AM
Good thing that threads can't be deleted anymore because my bet would be that the starter would want to delete this when he can't provide a picture.

Dave C
08-01-2006, 08:21 AM
Ha ha. That is so f-ing true. something else is going on here we don't know about and its starting to sound like operator and/or installer error....
too funny!!
I want to see the piston too! But probably wont, because it was something else that happened. I want to see what a Bad piston looks like AFTER something has already happened to it. I have seen a lot of "BAD" pistons, and none of them were the pistons fault.

Fast Willy
08-01-2006, 08:48 AM
Customer support ? You said there is no warranty on your parts. Till i found it on your wab site. Then you said you would send 1 piston right out to speed things up. Well 4 weeks and no piston. If your so interested in your product support. Then how bout seeing some cash to help make things right ? I'm not saying you have problems with all your parts. Actually i'm happy with them other then the piston problems. And no the piston did not hit the head. I'm sure my engine builder will be getting with you soon on this matter.
Man why don't you just give him the piston. I'm in the autobody field & if someone said my paint was peeling I would say let me see the vehicle, but your on here bashing this man & his buisness & yet you haven't given him the supposed failed part. I might be new to this site but you seem like the asshole customer we all dread dealing with.

Beer-30
08-01-2006, 08:54 AM
Man, it sure is taking alot of time to dremmel off all of those marks in the top of the piston. You guys started this thread - now finish it.

Not So Fast
08-01-2006, 10:07 AM
Here is some fired up PISTONS
http://www.rubyan.com/politics/archives/pistons%20cartoon.gif
Best response yet :D :D :D NSF

Kilrtoy
08-01-2006, 10:12 AM
Doh..........them 300's aint cheap you better knock on some wood :)
Hey kilr who painted your motor's? Dcb ,or did you have them done after?
DCB painted the cowlings and no the 300x's are not cheap

Deano
08-01-2006, 10:52 AM
Man, it sure is taking alot of time to dremmel off all of those marks in the top of the piston. You guys started this thread - now finish it.
100 bucks says their probably torching that foker to make metal brital or something....
maybe the boat leaned to the left on a right turn and forced the fuel to one side of the cylinder. :cool: :) :)

RiverDave
08-01-2006, 10:55 AM
Not trying to stick up for Raylar here, but your story doesn't make alot of sense to me. Your complaining that it's been 4 weeks and still no piston, yet you haven't sent the piston back to Raylar? For all he knows there's some jackhole engine builder out there one piston short of a full deck and trying to get Raylar to send him something for free.. How does Ray even know it's broke? So no proof of a broke motor, no piston to inspect, and then you have the balls to ask him for money to help make things right?
You sir are THE EXACT reason as to why I got out of the marine business, and THE EXACT reason as to why I'll never deal with the general public again. People that work retail and deal with crap like this have my utmost respect. I'd take a rifle to work with me one day after a couple of these transactions..
Nobody is even saying that it's NOT raylars fault, or that it is.. But for you to make unfounded comments on a public website, and then ask Raylar for free shit, and money on top of it without even so much as letting them look at what "supposedly" went wrong... LOL Jesus bro even you gotta admit that's pretty outta whack. I do'nt know what you do for a living, but I have to imagine if someone pulled something similar with you, you'd tell them to F' Off..
RD

Deano
08-01-2006, 10:57 AM
alright, whos gonna say it...
another great post RD.

Beer-30
08-01-2006, 11:08 AM
It just doesn't fit the "normal" gearhead criteria.
Usually and almost always, the person posts a pic of a broken part and asks peoples opinion(s) and prior knowledge as to what happened to the part. Then it goes up or down hill from there.
I am starting to think it is all a hoax now.

RiverDave
08-01-2006, 11:24 AM
It just doesn't fit the "normal" gearhead criteria.
Usually and almost always, the person posts a pic of a broken part and asks peoples opinion(s) and prior knowledge as to what happened to the part. Then it goes up or down hill from there.
I doubt it's a hoax, but more likely the person posting knows jack shiznit.. He had a motor built from HTM, and they probably screwed something up. What really sucks for Raylar is the fact that they probably had nothing to do with the screwup, but the HTM motor builder sure as shit isn't going to admit wrong doing.. In reality though the HTM guy knows he probably screwed up, and won't send the piston back, but he will "sell" his customer on the idea that Raylar sucks, and he as the motor builder will be the "Hero" correcting all their mistakes, and how stupid they are etc..
In all this "selling" most likely the motor builder will eventually start to believe his own Bullshit, and then here comes the icing on the cake, Raylar won't get anymore biz from them even though the initial problem was most likely through no fault of their own. That story right their has happened to me more times then I can count.
MotoNut oughta learn how to turn some nuts to see if his engine builder is a nut..
RD

Jbb
08-01-2006, 11:47 AM
I doubt it's a hoax, but more likely the person posting knows jack shiznit.. He had a motor built from HTM, and they probably screwed something up. What really sucks for Raylar is the fact that they probably had nothing to do with the screwup, but the HTM motor builder sure as shit isn't going to admit wrong doing.. In reality though the HTM guy knows he probably screwed up, and won't send the piston back, but he will "sell" his customer on the idea that Raylar sucks, and he as the motor builder will be the "Hero" correcting all their mistakes, and how stupid they are etc..
In all this "selling" most likely the motor builder will eventually start to believe his own Bullshit, and then here comes the icing on the cake, Raylar won't get anymore biz from them even though the initial problem was most likely through no fault of their own. That story right their has happened to me more times then I can count.
MotoNut oughta learn how to turn some nuts to see if his engine builder is a nut..
RD
What are you gonna do about my warranty claim on my CEM Battery Box?.....
RD SUX............ :p
.........And stop telling me to FO.....

It's Only Money
08-01-2006, 12:10 PM
I thought the HTM motor builder always went down with the ship?

Jbb
08-01-2006, 12:18 PM
:(

RiverDave
08-01-2006, 12:24 PM
What are you gonna do about my warranty claim on my CEM Battery Box?.....
RD SUX............ :p
.........And stop telling me to FO.....
The battery box you got wasn't a CEM box.. LOL It was some one off's that I built for Ultra that they didn't end up using. :( So no warranty for you.. (did you end up using it in your cobra?)
If you want a CEM group 24 I can hook ya up though.. I think I have 4 of them left. :)
RD

26Daytona
08-01-2006, 01:12 PM
[QUOTE=Raylar
Riverholic, as for your bullshit comments, your so called "no good" Raylar HO600 motor is the very one that "sbcokeman" in this threqad has in his boat and it is the one that dynoed at Boostpower at 611HP right after you traded it in. It runs and makes power just fine, you just would not follow instructions and finsh the 600HP install. Bet that just "chaps your hide, doesn't it! Instead you sit on here (forum) and keep on bashing with unfounded claims. Keep the slander up and the next person you here from may be an attorney!! Not a threat, just a f****** promise!! Quit while your ahead !
Ray @ Raylar[/QUOTE]
Ouch !

Havasu47
08-01-2006, 01:13 PM
Poor taste in jokes :yuk:

INSman
08-01-2006, 01:19 PM
[QUOTE=Raylar
Riverholic, as for your bullshit comments, your so called "no good" Raylar HO600 motor is the very one that "sbcokeman" in this threqad has in his boat and it is the one that dynoed at Boostpower at 611HP right after you traded it in. It runs and makes power just fine, you just would not follow instructions and finsh the 600HP install. Bet that just "chaps your hide, doesn't it! Instead you sit on here (forum) and keep on bashing with unfounded claims. Keep the slander up and the next person you here from may be an attorney!! Not a threat, just a f****** promise!! Quit while your ahead !
Ray @ Raylar
Ouch ![/QUOTE]
Mine dynoed at 613HP, neener neener !! :rollside:

Motonut123
08-01-2006, 01:23 PM
I doubt any of you engineers who design pistons or top engine builders. So i doubt seeing a pic. of the piston would do you any good. Other then you all seem to have nothing to do but get involved and talk shit about things that don't concern you. Professions in the industry have my engine and piston at this time, not me. Like i said before be patient.These highly respected professionals are handling things. And i'm sure when this is over some of you will be eating your words.

ChumpChange
08-01-2006, 01:31 PM
I doubt any of you engineers who design pistons or top engine builders. So i doubt seeing a pic. of the piston would do you any good. Other then you all seem to have nothing to do but get involved and talk shit about things that don't concern you. Professions in the industry have my engine and piston at this time, not me. Like i said before be patient.These highly respected professionals are handling things. And i'm sure when this is over some of you will be eating your words.
My only question to you then would be why couldn't you be patient and wait to have the proof prior to coming on here and slamming a business?

Tom Brown
08-01-2006, 01:38 PM
The battery box you got wasn't a CEM box..
A clear case of misrepresentation. :idea:
How about a little financial restitution as well as a bunch of free product?

Tom Brown
08-01-2006, 01:41 PM
I doubt any of you engineers who design pistons or top engine builders.
I'm not a hull engineer either but I know that a big hole below the waterline is not a good thing.
I went through the life experience certificate program. You know... the same program your professionals went through... or do you have engineers pulling wrenches for you?

Havasu Luvr
08-01-2006, 01:47 PM
Does any one know anybody at HTM to make a call. Peeps use to do things like that to get another story...... Anyone?

vmjtc3
08-01-2006, 02:19 PM
661-268-1309 ask for Lia.................

Deano
08-01-2006, 02:33 PM
I doubt any of you engineers who design pistons or top engine builders. So i doubt seeing a pic. of the piston would do you any good.
You would be surprised to see who is lurking and behind some of the screen names here. :cool: :cool: :cool:

Jbb
08-01-2006, 02:47 PM
The battery box you got wasn't a CEM box.. LOL It was some one off's that I built for Ultra that they didn't end up using. :( So no warranty for you.. (did you end up using it in your cobra?)
If you want a CEM group 24 I can hook ya up though.. I think I have 4 of them left. :)
RD
Not CEM?.... :jawdrop: Im shocked......

Tom Brown
08-01-2006, 02:52 PM
I might be new to this site but you seem like the asshole customer we all dread dealing with.
Some newbies are more trust worthy than others. Like yourself, for example. :cool:

sdpm
08-01-2006, 02:54 PM
I doubt it was a "Bad" piston. It was probably just a little mis-understood and did not get along well with his 7 friends. Poor little guy! :cry:

Dave C
08-01-2006, 02:55 PM
amen... RD doesn't suck... at least not with this post.....
RD

MACHINEHEAD
08-01-2006, 04:16 PM
It takes about 10 min. to look at a piston and hand it around to some of the guys and come up with the "what happened here". If it takes longer than that, maybe you should have someone else take a look see. Like me, and the rest of all these other guys. If you cannot produce a pic, just wait until you can. I agree w/RD, your posts are probably not going to get you jack shit now. Tact is the word of the day.

Beer-30
08-01-2006, 04:38 PM
Tact was the word LAST MONTH.

sdpm
08-01-2006, 05:33 PM
Bad Piston! Bad Bad Piston!

vmjtc3
08-01-2006, 05:45 PM
Let me guess another internet tough guy. Wow I am sorry Bob. I am now scared and will never insult you again if you can just not hurt me.......

onetallhd
08-01-2006, 07:25 PM
As far as the riverholic comment, I am glad that it worked out for the new owner of the engine. The situation with his was that he was promised "you will love this new engine" by Ray and Larry. And all last summer it was one thing after another with the engine and it truly did ruin his summer. There was always someone else to blame for the lack of performance but never raylar themselves. They never once said that the computer needed to be reprogramed. They tried dearly to get it running correctly with their own little programer but never succeeded. Then it was that it was the wrong prop(and he was running a 24p which was the same one he was running with his stock HO). They kept telling him to add this and to add that so it was running the cost up and still not fixing the problem. So that is why he got rid of that motor! And is he miffed by the dyno results, NO!!! He is just glad to be done dealing with them and their excuses.

That Guy
08-01-2006, 07:36 PM
Let me guess another internet tough guy. Wow I am sorry Bob. I am now scared and will never insult you again if you can just not hurt me.......
Good idea.....There are a few guys on HB that I don't want to piss off and SWB is one of them...Now Kilrtoy is another thing altogether :crossx: Just kidding...love you brother :rollside:

INSman
08-01-2006, 07:46 PM
It is amazing the "LOW" posters that are coming out of the wood works on this thread and nobody knows who the hell they are. It is EZ to bash from the safety of the computer and keyboard

Tom Brown
08-01-2006, 08:14 PM
Let me guess another internet tough guy.
Can you stomp a mud hole in his ass and walk it dry ???

vmjtc3
08-01-2006, 08:23 PM
Can you stomp a mud hole in his ass and walk it dry ???
Never having seen him I would say it would be wise on my part to save any coment on mudhole stomping till after I meet him. :idea:

Tom Brown
08-01-2006, 08:30 PM
Your intellect seems to be improving, vmjtc3. :)
Just in time too. You were really looking like an idiot there for a while.

Rexone
08-01-2006, 08:47 PM
Well isn't that special. :mad:

Rexone
08-01-2006, 08:49 PM
Well it wouldn't be the first time on this forum. :notam:

Beer-30
08-01-2006, 09:11 PM
Well it wouldn't be the first time on this forum. :notam:
Just seems there's alot of talk, but no payoff. I am thinking there will never be a piston to see. Any takers?

Raylar
08-02-2006, 09:45 AM
Heck, I don't want or need to keep the piston, I just wan't to see it so we can offer an "highly respected & expierenced proffessional" opinion on it. Bring it to me!! Lets end this banter!
Ray @ Raylar

Kilrtoy
08-02-2006, 10:46 AM
Heck, I don't want or need to keep the piston, I just wan't to see it so we can offer an "highly respected & expierenced proffessional" opinion on it. Bring it to me!! Lets end this banter!
Ray @ Raylar
So HTM doesnt know what they are doing in regards to motors

Beer-30
08-02-2006, 11:05 AM
Objection. Argumentative.

RiverDave
08-02-2006, 11:06 AM
Why twist words? He just simply said his opinion is known and respected, he didn't say HTM's wasn't.
RD

Tom Brown
08-02-2006, 11:12 AM
It's not just about dispensing free parts, it's about learning failure modes and improving your product. I applaud Ray for wanting to see it.

Kilrtoy
08-02-2006, 11:28 AM
Why twist words? He just simply said his opinion is known and respected, he didn't say HTM's wasn't.
RD
I did not twist any words, I simply asked a question based off of a statement made

Kilrtoy
08-02-2006, 11:31 AM
Overruled, question has merit based on prior statement,
Continue counselor :boxed:

RiverDave
08-02-2006, 11:38 AM
I was just saying I don't think that was the intent of his statement is all.
RD

Beer-30
08-02-2006, 11:42 AM
Move to strike. Insufficient grounds. :)

Kilrtoy
08-02-2006, 11:47 AM
Move to strike. Insufficient grounds. :)
Counselor refer to page 5 of the transcript, post 114
Sorry, but we are not going to accept yours or HTM's opinion as to whether its defective until we see the product that failed!
and page 8 post 178
I just wan't to see it so we can offer an "highly respected & expierenced proffessional" opinion on it.
for any further clarification.
Now please take your seat and lets continue :boxed:

Beer-30
08-02-2006, 12:10 PM
Objection, your honor. The defense exhibit is hearsay only and was not collected by means of a search warrant OR subpoena. In the interest of Justice, I move that it be inadmissable in this case. Furthermore, I would like the Jury to be instructed to disregard. :220v:

INSman
08-02-2006, 01:07 PM
May we approach the bench your honor for a side bar ??

slink
08-02-2006, 01:10 PM
All this court talk is BS. This case would never make it through the front door. THERE IS NO PHYSICAL EVIDENCE :) :)

Beer-30
08-02-2006, 02:30 PM
So, you are saying the plaintiff has completely misrepresented the claim. No facts have come to light, as yet, nary even a shadow of physical, tangible evidence - fractional or as a whole.
I declare the case of Richard Cranium vs. Raylar a mis-trial!

26Daytona
08-02-2006, 02:32 PM
I declare the case of Richard Cranium vs. Raylar a mis-trial!
Thats damn funny !

Motonut123
08-02-2006, 04:40 PM
Should we take the work of this highly respected & experienced professional ?When he can't even spell ? It might make him seem a bit more professional. Just a thought.

ChumpChange
08-02-2006, 04:48 PM
Should we take the work of this highly respected & experienced professional ?When he can't even spell ? It might make him seem a bit more professional. Just a thought.
Mr. Nut. I finance businesses for a living. It is amazing how a person who has no high school diploma and no regard for spelling can make millions of dollars a year. Yes, they may seem stupid and illiterate but they know how do build a business.
Think about it, Ray might not know how to spell but he sure knows how to sell his disfunctional product to the likes of you! :D

Acommanderguy
08-02-2006, 04:51 PM
Now I know there are lot of honest and good guys in this industry, but isn't "professional" and "boating industry" used in the same sentence an oxymoron? I have met a handful of people while working in this industry that I would trust and respect and trust them as a prefessional in the boating industry. Just my .02 also if Ray screwed up he seems like a stand up guy and I am sure he will help out in any way. But you are messing with this mans Lively hood, and its not right. By coming on here and bashing him. You could hurt his business and referals.

phebus
08-02-2006, 04:52 PM
What a worthless F'n post. Eight pages of crap, and not one bit of proof.
Waaaa Waaaa Waaaaa :cry:

ratso
08-02-2006, 04:55 PM
...should we take the work... or did you mean word? :rolleyes:

Beer-30
08-02-2006, 05:02 PM
What a worthless F'n post. Eight pages of crap, and not one bit of proof.
Waaaa Waaaa Waaaaa :cry:
That's what I'm sayin', right there!

shadow
08-02-2006, 08:51 PM
Ray @ Raylar
I think the title of this thread should be changed to "Loose nut behind the wheel"!
This could all be a misunderstanding and maybe Snap On is to blame or Mac cause the engine builders torque wrench was out of calibration.
Shit who knows could have been a conspiracy and Fel Pro was involved as well,ARP could be liable too,the torque to yeild bolts could have been used perviously and cleaned up and sold as new. :rolleyes:

Tom Brown
08-02-2006, 08:52 PM
Why does this thread make me want to buy a Raylar product? :idea:

INSman
08-09-2006, 11:08 AM
Still no pictures or proof of any kind, I am shocked !! :)

ChumpChange
08-09-2006, 11:11 AM
:220v: :220v: SHOCKING :220v: :220v:

Focker
08-09-2006, 11:13 AM
cant u let this thread die :cry:

Motonut123
08-09-2006, 03:54 PM
We will soon. Like i said There are reasons i won't disclose yet. So stop talkin smack and be patient. Thanks

ChumpChange
08-09-2006, 03:57 PM
We will soon. Like i said There are reasons i won't disclose yet. So stop talkin smack and be patient. Thanks
How long does it take to tear down a motor and find out?

INSman
08-09-2006, 10:30 PM
How long does it take to tear down a motor and find out?
apparently, quite some time.. :220v: Maybe they had to locate a broken piston somewhere :rollside:

shadow
08-10-2006, 06:08 AM
At this point this thread is worthless and any piston that is (if) ever produced,can't be viewed with any credibility due to the PREMATURE spewing
and bashing with no evidence.
Sounds more like an assembly problem,looking for someone else to foot the bill.

ChumpChange
08-15-2006, 12:22 PM
What is the exact definition of patient? Giving you another week to find a broken piston?
If an engine builder takes this long to tear down the engine and pull the "allegedly busted"piston, how credible would that engine builder be to install the Raylar kit in the first place? :idea: :idea: :idea:

Kachina26
08-15-2006, 01:12 PM
Ya know what? My intake was supposed to have bungs welded on it to accomodate my boat bling engine cover and they were welded incorrectly by Raylar. He told me to have it fixed and he would handle it. After a year, I finally got around to having it fixed. About a month after that I got around to faxing Ray the bill, about 5 days later, I got a check from Ray. Thanx Ray!!!!!! So, just how long does it take to send a piston back?????? I've had my issues with Raylar, but, all have been handled. What's the deal with this piston???? Shiot or git off the pot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OutCole'd
08-15-2006, 01:18 PM
At this point this thread is worthless and any piston that is (if) ever produced,can't be viewed with any credibility due to the PREMATURE spewing
and bashing with no evidence.
Sounds more like an assembly problem,looking for someone else to foot the bill.
Exactly.

HM
08-15-2006, 01:21 PM
Fock. This has to be a new record. Page 9 and still on topic!!!!
Tanjewberrymuds!!!!!

dicudmore
08-15-2006, 01:24 PM
Ya know what? My intake was supposed to have bungs welded on it to accomodate my boat bling engine cover and they were welded incorrectly by Raylar. He told me to have it fixed and he would handle it. After a year, I finally got around to having it fixed. About a month after that I got around to faxing Ray the bill, about 5 days later, I got a check from Ray. Thanx Ray!!!!!! So, just how long does it take to send a piston back?????? I've had my issues with Raylar, but, all have been handled. What's the deal with this piston???? Shiot or git off the pot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thanks for that info Randy...you are not the only one I know of that Ray has sent checks to after they paid somebody to fix their issue :cool: :220v:

Beer-30
08-15-2006, 02:09 PM
thanks for that info Randy...you are not the only one I know of that Ray has sent checks to after they paid somebody to fix their issue :cool: :220v:
Ouch.

Focker
08-15-2006, 03:40 PM
I had a Raylar issue this weekend at Havasu. My boat batteries went dead.
Ill get pics but I am sure it is a Raylar problem. :)

shadow
08-15-2006, 04:45 PM
Focker, If your batteries went dead in your boat and you have the Raylar upgrades on your engine it is most definately Raylar issue.
You should start a thread blaming Raylar,and never mind the pics.
We might see that you hooked the batteries up backwards. :rollside:

Focker
08-15-2006, 06:37 PM
Focker, If your batteries went dead in your boat and you have the Raylar upgrades on your engine it is most definately Raylar issue.
You should start a thread blaming Raylar,and never mind the pics.
We might see that you hooked the batteries up backwards. :rollside:
For all the ***boaters out there that have never made it to Havasu, Darryl aka Shadow has posted a picture we took of him last New Years :)

dicudmore
08-16-2006, 09:00 AM
MAY have had something to do with the boat sitting for AN ENTIRE FOCKIN SEASON FOCKER :p

Deano
08-16-2006, 09:05 AM
anyone seen a piston around here?? fokin ups :crossx:

voodoomedman
08-16-2006, 09:17 AM
anyone seen a piston around here?? fokin ups :crossx:
Hey now. I'll take legitimate beefs but no phony balogna ones.

Deano
08-16-2006, 09:43 AM
J/K, I have never had any problems with ups, and yes I mean it :argue:

RitcheyRch
08-16-2006, 09:50 AM
Agree.
Poor taste in jokes :yuk:
Now thats FUNNY.

Jesster
08-22-2006, 07:25 AM
Bump, I wanna see the piston. :argue:

phebus
08-22-2006, 07:32 AM
At this point, I think you have a better chance of finding Jimmy Hoffa.
What a worthless thread....................

Kachina26
08-22-2006, 09:22 AM
In my best Dana Carvey doing Bush senior voice, "Not gonna do it, wouldn't be prudent".
I heard rumors about this piston deal through the grapevine, but at this point, I'm callin' bullshit!!!
thanks for that info Randy...you are not the only one I know of that Ray has sent checks to after they paid somebody to fix their issue
I meant that in a good way.

Kachina26
08-29-2006, 08:27 PM
Well, this thing is due for a bump! Did the pony express get the picture delivered yet?

shadow
08-29-2006, 08:30 PM
Well, this thing is due for a bump! Did the pony express get the picture delivered yet?
I don't know.But i do know that Focker had a dead battery and is blaming Raylar and has threatend to bash away if not reimbursed for the cost of 1 Optima.

Phat Matt
08-29-2006, 08:35 PM
I don't know.But i do know that Focker had a dead battery and is blaming Raylar and has threatend to bash away if not reimbursed for the cost of 1 Optima.
I am waiting for Raylar to replace my flat tire. I can't even get a call back! :mad:

dicudmore
08-29-2006, 08:36 PM
I meant that in a good way.
me too...you had something fixed and he reimbursed ya...all good :cool:

vmjtc3
08-29-2006, 08:54 PM
Wow, would you fockers like a 2x4 to beat the dead horse or what.

dicudmore
08-29-2006, 08:56 PM
sounds good...you know any fockers that do construction can hook a brother up? :cool:

Kilrtoy
08-29-2006, 08:59 PM
http://www.bjacked.net/LuvToHunt/forums/phpBB2/modules/gallery/albums/album01/Beat_Dead_Horse.jpg

vmjtc3
08-29-2006, 08:59 PM
sounds good...you know any fockers that do construction can hook a brother up? :cool:
yep I work construction but you know I was not talking to you. :)

vmjtc3
08-29-2006, 09:00 PM
http://www.bjacked.net/LuvToHunt/forums/phpBB2/modules/gallery/albums/album01/Beat_Dead_Horse.jpg
That's some funny shiat right there.

shadow
08-29-2006, 09:03 PM
Just messing with you, :rollside: But now that you mentioned it can we
Finally see the piston in question? :D

dicudmore
08-29-2006, 09:06 PM
yep I work construction but you know I was not talking to you. :)
yeah just working on my post count... :)

vmjtc3
08-29-2006, 09:09 PM
Just messing with you, :rollside: But now that you mentioned it can we
Finally see the piston in question? :D
I dont have the piston, nor have I ever seen said piston. I just know it was broken. I also dont know how it was broken. If you go back and read the whole thread, I was just asking if anyone else had something like this happen. It was wrote before the engine tear down just to get an ideal of what may have been the problem. :cool:

vmjtc3
08-29-2006, 09:10 PM
yeah just working on my post count... :)
Me 2 :rolleyes:

Chipster27
08-29-2006, 09:12 PM
Find Bin Laden and you will find the piston.

shadow
08-29-2006, 09:13 PM
Find Bin Laden and you will find the piston.
10/4 grasshopper. :)

Focker
08-29-2006, 09:18 PM
10/4 grasshopper. :)
at least Ray paid for my batteries :)

shadow
08-29-2006, 09:23 PM
at least Ray paid for my batteries :)
You coming out this weekend Focker?

BajaMike
08-29-2006, 09:33 PM
You mean some new member makes a post on ***boat bashing a boating vendor, then doesn't produce the facts, then disappears???
What a shock...... :rollside:
Where is "vmjtc2" anyway???:confused:
:cry: :rollside: :boxed:

dicudmore
08-29-2006, 09:41 PM
You mean some new member makes a post on ***boat bashing a boating vendor, then doesn't produce the facts, then disappears???
What a shock...... :rollside:
Where is "vmjtc2" anyway???:confused:
:cry: :rollside: :boxed:
my bet would be in lovely Las Vegas NV

Kachina26
08-29-2006, 11:12 PM
If you go back and read the whole thread
Went back and re-read the thread and found this from the Bro in law.....
This is vmjtc3 brother in law. And yes,raylar's piston failed in my new engine in 15 hours.That was 15 very ez breakin hours. Never been over 4500 rpm. Not sure how much i should say about it just yet. But let me tell you there is a serious problem with there pistons. And have received absolutely no help from raylar. Now we all know i will get a big double talk reply from raylar blaming everyone else for the failure and not admit they have a problem with there pistons. I will be giving more info on this very soon.
So from that position we've gone to "hey, I (we) never said it was Raylar's fault....."
And who can forget......
which has now turned into.....
I also dont know how it was broken.
Not looking to beat a dead horse, I just want to hear the end of the story.

Kachina26
08-29-2006, 11:26 PM
from you Miguel????? Oh puh leeeez

Kilrtoy
08-29-2006, 11:29 PM
from you Miguel????? Oh puh leeeez
I knew I should have left you stuck on that broke back mountain
I was by there the other day, DAMN THAT WAS STEEP

Kachina26
08-29-2006, 11:32 PM
I knew I should have left you stuck on that broke back mountain
I still owe ya:D

Kilrtoy
08-29-2006, 11:34 PM
I still owe ya:D
You dont owe me a damn thing,
some day I will need your help and i know you will be there

Kachina26
08-29-2006, 11:38 PM
I like this pic better
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b98/horsehater/deadhorse1.jpg

Kilrtoy
08-29-2006, 11:40 PM
I like this pic better
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b98/horsehater/deadhorse1.jpg
The wife would not let me post that one

vmjtc3
08-30-2006, 05:26 PM
Went back and re-read the thread and found this from the Bro in law.....
So from that position we've gone to "hey, I (we) never said it was Raylar's fault....."
And who can forget......
which has now turned into.....
Not looking to beat a dead horse, I just want to hear the end of the story.
Nice job on removing the names from the quote's. I have never stated I knew how the piston was broke. One of your quotes is from motonut and one is from me. I am sure he has not changed his stance on what happend. I on the other hand have no basis to claim how it was broke. And I never claimed to. I also have not once said it was raylar's fault. I dont care who's fault it is and never have. But I hear cmi and htm have an opinion on what happend. If you want to know the real facts or "the end of the story" why dont you give htm or cmi a call. I dont know. But I am impressed with how you try to manipulate quotes from two different people in an attempt to prove you point. You get an A for effert But an F on reality. :rolleyes:

vmjtc3
08-30-2006, 05:31 PM
my bet would be in lovely Las Vegas NV
What are you, some kinda stocker? :idea:
It is almost like you know me or something :cool:

Kachina26
09-12-2006, 12:49 PM
Nice job on removing the names from the quote's. I have never stated I knew how the piston was broke. One of your quotes is from motonut and one is from me. I am sure he has not changed his stance on what happend. I on the other hand have no basis to claim how it was broke. And I never claimed to. I also have not once said it was raylar's fault. I dont care who's fault it is and never have. But I hear cmi and htm have an opinion on what happend. If you want to know the real facts or "the end of the story" why dont you give htm or cmi a call. I dont know. But I am impressed with how you try to manipulate quotes from two different people in an attempt to prove you point. You get an A for effert But an F on reality. :rolleyes:
Ummm I thought it was clear that you didn't make the first statement when I said..... "and found this from the Bro in law....." That would indicate that someone besides you said it.
The second quote also from the bro in law, that was kinda implied, sorry it wasn't evident to you.
and the third qoute was made by you only 7 posts earlier, again I thought it was rather obvious who said it. Again I'm sorry if it wasn't obvious to you.
There was no intention of manipulating who said what, sorry if it came off that way.
Why would I call HTM or CMI to hear the end of a story you began? Ok, I understand you didn't make the statement about (and I'm paraphrasing here) we know what happened and soon we will tell you. But it would be nice if the guy who did say that posted up what was found.

ChumpChange
09-12-2006, 12:54 PM
After seeing Beer-30 joking comment in the Derebery Thread, I knew this would come back to the first page shortly.
Where is the Piston? Has anybody called John West about it?