PDA

View Full Version : PWC Accident

Run_em_Hard
06-26-2006, 04:46 AM
Me and the old lady were out at the local lake saturday just relaxin on the beach and there was an accident involving two PWC's. The wakeless ended about 200 yds out and that is right where it happened. A kid and his father were on two rentals and the kid was following his dad when the dad turned suddenly and the kid hit him straight on. Some of the people I was with said that they heard the dad screaming. A group of people had to swim out and bring the guy in. The ambulance ended up carrying him away on a stretcher. The PWC's were parked right next to my boat and the one that got hit was split on the whole left side. Terrible.

Daytona100
06-26-2006, 04:50 AM
The kid must feel terrible. Thats a fun weekend that turned to crap. Hope the injuries are minor.

Run_em_Hard
06-26-2006, 05:20 AM
The kid must feel terrible. Thats a fun weekend that turned to crap. Hope the injuries are minor.
The people were parked right next to my boat all day and after it happened the kid was just standing there holding them. You could tell that he was in complete shock. I went over and told him to go to his dad and I would take care of the jetskis. I could see in his face that he was ready to shit. When they pulled the dad in you could see that he was curled up in a little ball, other than that I just stayed back out of the way.

Jyruiz
06-26-2006, 07:07 AM
The people were parked right next to my boat all day and after it happened the kid was just standing there holding them. You could tell that he was in complete shock. I went over and told him to go to his dad and I would take care of the jetskis. I could see in his face that he was ready to shit. When they pulled the dad in you could see that he was curled up in a little ball, other than that I just stayed back out of the way.
Nice of you to do that, props to you. Hope his father is ok and gets well soon.

Sherpa
06-26-2006, 07:12 AM
similar thing happend at Shasta a few years ago. I think the ski's were privately owned however..... the worse thing is the son killed the father.
I saw both skis as they were being examined by the local sherrif's Dept,
and a forensic investigator...........
--Sherpa............be safe out there.

HocusPocus
06-26-2006, 07:40 AM
very sad.. hope all is ok.

ratso
06-26-2006, 07:45 AM
...they are slowly outlawing kite tubing, but I see BS like this with jet skiers all the time, and people getting seriously injured. Repairs from these clowns running each other over all the time are a pretty good chunk of my business.

Warlockjer
06-26-2006, 10:16 AM
I would hardly call a kid running over his dad a clown. It is a sad affair when something like that happens. I hope everything is ok and good job Run em Hard for getting involved!

RitcheyRch
06-26-2006, 10:19 AM
Sad to hear. Hope the father is okay. Am sure the kid feels like crap.