PDA

View Full Version : Beach Camping (Ventura/Santa Barbara)

sdpm
06-26-2006, 06:51 AM
I was driving south on the 101 this weekend and just north of Ventura but south of Santa Barbara there is an area right on the beach lined with campers,motorhomes, etc. I saw an exit that said PCH 1 State Beachs. Has anyone been there and know how it works? Is it first come first serve or reservations. It looked like spaces were all marked out. Any info would be great. Thanks in advance.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1935DSC02295.JPG

Keyser
06-26-2006, 06:55 AM
Just find a spot and park. It's just on the side of the road there at state beach!

Bling Bling
06-26-2006, 07:04 AM
I've camped there alot. It's very kool, you open your door and there's the beach. The only problem with that spot is on the left side your very close to the road. If ya have kids make sure they stay on the beach side, cars tend to go fast on the left. At each end of that strech there's also 2 parks that you can also stay at. Even better then the strech along the road. It is first come first serve, and at this time of the year it's busy at all 3 spots. The two parks are called Feria, and Hobsons. Hobsons make a killer burger. Have fun.

Rompn
06-26-2006, 07:10 AM
I haven't stayed at that place on the water however I have seen it before. We used to go to a place called Refugio beach up in that same area. It's much nicer with set camp grounds, etc. It's not right on the water camping like that but a 5 minute walk and your there. Sucks if you have any type of water craft though. You can't launch there and have to drive up the road 10 minutes to then hand launch the water craft from the beach as they don't allow any type of vehicles on the sand. Nice place though. Volleyball courts, showers, swings for the kids, etc.

coolchange
06-26-2006, 07:31 AM
On each end there is day use parking. Don't overnight there. You will wake up to a ticket.

al cole'holic
06-26-2006, 07:36 AM
Looks like Emma Wood...check this:
http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=604
:) :)

sdpm
06-26-2006, 08:58 AM
Thanks for all the info. everyone. Are dogs allowed?