PDA

View Full Version : Alltel Phone

upsman105
06-26-2006, 10:39 AM
My wife lost her phone on Saturday. She is only six months into a two-year contract without insurance. Insurance wasn't offered at the time so she didn't know about it.
Called Alltel to report phone lost. They are not willing to work with her on the cost of a phone. She will have to pay full retail.
Anyone know anybody who is an Alltel dealer? Or, have any information that can help?
Thanks!

Jordy
06-26-2006, 10:44 AM
I've been with them for almost 6 years now and lost my phone at the lake a few months ago. I do have insurance but without a phone to turn in they wanted a police report in order for me to be able to claim it and I figure the police have better things to do than take reports on phones that were lost at the lake. I was tired of going round and round with them and needed a phone so decided to buy a phone from them outright and they socked me for full retail, because I'm locked into my contract for another 8 months or something based upon the last time I renewed it with them, so there is no incentive for them to dangle the cheap phone carrot, much like your wife, being 6 months into a 2 year contract. :(
Hopefully someone can pull some strings for you because it sucks. Those phones are expensive when they're not baiting you with an extended contract.

nextel4u
06-26-2006, 02:22 PM
Upsman
Find out how much the early termination fee is from Alltel.
It should be $150.00 to $200.00
I will take care of cancelling the account with them.
I can bring your wife's Alltel number over to Sprint or Nextel, get you a better plan and pay half of your termination fees.
Feel free to call me at 702-303-4491
John

Magic34
06-26-2006, 02:28 PM
Upsman
Find out how much the early termination fee is from Alltel.
It should be $150.00 to $200.00
I will take care of cancelling the account with them.
I can bring your wife's Alltel number over to Sprint or Nextel, get you a better plan and pay half of your termination fees.
Feel free to call me at 702-303-4491
John
Sounds like a good deal there. This is what I would have suggested.
Only other option, find someone with a used Alltel or Verizon phone and you can use it on the Alltel network.
Alltel and Verizon both use CDMA technology, so the phones work with either company.
You could start a thread on a "want to buy" title and probably get a good # of responses that way.
Also, if it is a used phone, just make sure you add insurnace to the plan, and after about 3 months, it breaks by accident :eek: , you get a new or newly refurbished phone to you. Good way to go as well, however one's ethics may play on the line this way.

RitcheyRch
06-26-2006, 02:46 PM
Thats a good deal. I have been with Sprint for years and have had excellent service with them.

upsman105
06-26-2006, 07:06 PM
Thanks everyone for replying. I left John a message and would like to hear all about Nextel and what they have to offer.

Jordy
06-26-2006, 08:38 PM
Thanks everyone for replying. I left John a message and would like to hear all about Nextel and what they have to offer.
I've got a Nextel for my work phone and, while they're better than they were 7 or so years ago when I got my first one, I still know where I can't be on the phone because of dead spots and horrible dropped calls, and there are many more in the Phoenix area than you'd think. :(

GRUNION
06-26-2006, 08:41 PM
ebay has phones

upsman105
06-26-2006, 08:44 PM
I've got a Nextel for my work phone and, while they're better than they were 7 or so years ago when I got my first one, I still know where I can't be on the phone because of dead spots and horrible dropped calls, and there are many more in the Phoenix area than you'd think. :(
Whats with all of these nice posts, Jordy, I told my wife what a trouble maker you were and because of these posts she didn't believe me. Have you turned over a new leaf???

Jordy
06-26-2006, 09:20 PM
Whats with all of these nice posts, Jordy, I told my wife what a trouble maker you were and because of these posts she didn't believe me. Have you turned over a new leaf???
That's normally what they are, with the exception of a few humorous observations and one incident with some asshole who decided to go on the attack with misleading information. Other than that, I try to be helpful and keep things lively. ;)

upsman105
06-28-2006, 10:47 PM
Just an update, John totally took care of my wife. She got her new Blackberry today and is very happy, if any of you need service I would definately reccomend him. Thanks John.

nextel4u
06-29-2006, 06:48 AM
UPSMan
Glad I could help you guys out! Thanks for the compliments.
Maybe I will see you on the water sometime.
Take Care
John

BadKachina
06-29-2006, 07:24 AM
I've been with Alltel for 9 years, since they were Cellular 1. The coverage has always been great but lately their customer service sucks. Their plans suck too. I'm not under contract, the last phone I bought, I just bought it outright. They had a deal a couple of months ago where you got a 100 dollar rebate on a Razor so I went ahead and bought one. Last weekend I jumped into the lake and fried the Razor, so Monday I had to go buy another one...Insurance paid for all but 100 dollars which is what the damn thing cost after the rebate anyways???? The only reason I stay with them is because I have there unlimited plan (that they don't offer anymore) for 69.95 per month. The bad thing is that I don't have long distance or roaming with that plan so I have to use the wifes phone when we travel.
John what kind of plan do you have that would work for me? I use about 2000/2500 minutes per month, some texting to my kid, and a little long distance here and there. Would I also have to buy a phone or could I use the one I have?

nextel4u
06-29-2006, 07:44 AM
Bad Kachina
Sent you a PM
John

dm25advantage
06-29-2006, 11:08 AM
hey john
its young@visionwireless
hope things are well.
iam only selling verizon on, if anybody needs help, please fell free to call me 8055272222. used phone or new phones.

nextel4u
06-29-2006, 11:57 AM
Hey Young What's Up Man!
If you guys need Verizon, Young is the man, the two of us have been in the Wireless Industry for years together.
You have my word he will take great care of you

dm25advantage
06-29-2006, 05:01 PM
John
Thanks For The Kind Words,
Hey Iam Going To Be In Havasu This Weekend And Next Weekend For My Bachlor Party.

CANADA
06-29-2006, 05:44 PM
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h207/OGSHOCKER/OG.jpg
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h207/OGSHOCKER/GAYHOMO.jpg