PDA

View Full Version : Havasu Chamber of Commerce (email)

TCHB
01-06-2006, 10:06 AM
Here is a contact for the chamber. Send the emails
kathyt@havasuchamber.com

That Guy
01-06-2006, 10:35 AM
This is a great idea. If you can't be at the rally on Sunday, at least send an e-mail to the chamber to let them know how you feel....Lets unify and make our voice heard.

little rowe boat
01-06-2006, 10:40 AM
Done.

Channel Rat
01-06-2006, 10:41 AM
Here is a contact for the chamber. Send the emails
kathyt@havasuchamber.com
Does the Chamber really have anything to do with this. I dont think they have much control over the city counsel. They are two separate entities. I know people there.

TCHB
01-06-2006, 11:08 AM
Yes they can help. I just got a email from the chamber saying they are working on this concern. Start sending emails!!

SummitKarl
01-06-2006, 11:39 AM
To: Chamber of Commerce
Subject: Moor-in Scheduled for This Sunday at 1pm
Hello,
I am writing this letter to encourage the Chamber to become involved in this issue, I am a local Architect in town (LHC Biz lic 06-11xxx), for the year 2005 I have pulled 76 New residential building permits, 63 of which are directly related to the boating community that frequents the channel on our summer weekends. The current proposal of Mayor Harvey Jackson to close the Channel to Mooring of boats must be stopped, this sole action will have devastating results on our growth as a community and most definitely will have a serious impact on the local merchants that rely on the foot traffic generated during the summer months.
The channel is OUR park (The General Public's) not Harvey Jackson's to do with as he pleases.
Please help support the "Moor-in", to send the message to our City leaders that we want the current laws on the books to be enforced, not the addition of another ordnance that could devastate this community
Thank you
Karl
reply from
Lisa Krueger, IOM
President/CEO
Lake Havasu Area Chamber of Commerce
314 London Bridge Road
Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403
928-855-4115
928-680-0010 fax
www.havasuchamber.com
Thank you for your message. The Chamber had a special meeting this morning and is right now working on strategy.
there was more to the reply but that was the important part

TCHB
01-06-2006, 12:49 PM
Come on guys and ladies keep it going!!

Channel Rat
01-06-2006, 12:53 PM
Yes they can help. I just got a email from the chamber saying they are working on this concern. Start sending emails!!
Well i have an inside line on that because i know the president of the chamber personally.

That Guy
01-06-2006, 12:55 PM
reply from
there was more to the reply but that was the important part
Karl, nice note....I sent mine as well. This is something that we all need to get involved in....it is great that so and so is having a party, and that we have new hot pics of whomever, and that XYZ has a nice rack. But, when it comes to things that really matter to us boaters, many people yell "hey that's wrong" and then go back to life as normal. Please take a moment and drop an e-mail to the chamber, local news, city council, law enforcement, etc. They need to know that this matters to us....ok, off of soap box for now. :) :)

That Guy
01-06-2006, 12:56 PM
Well i have an inside line on that because i know the president of the chamber personally.
CR, cool...then tell him you have a well financed, passionate, business loving group of Havasu boaters who want to be heard. Let us know what we can/should be doing....thanks.

Totally IncapASSitated
01-06-2006, 01:06 PM
Used Karl's letter as a template and this was the first response I received....
Forwarded Message:
Subj: Re: Bridgewater Channel "No Mooring" Ordinance
Date: 1/6/2006 12:22:06 PM Pacific Standard Time
To: ALANKAATZ@aol.com
Sent from the Internet (Details)
Gregg Staples most likely did this. The wording is all very similar (if not the same).

Totally IncapASSitated
01-06-2006, 01:10 PM
Then replied to Kathy thanking her for their time/hard work and indicated how detrimental this ordinance could be to the very heart of Lake Havasu City, as it is and always will be a tourist destination primarily for the boating community...
Subj: Re: Bridgewater Channel "No Mooring" Ordinance
Date: 1/6/2006 1:00:44 PM Pacific Standard Time
To: ALANKAATZ@aol.com
Sent from the Internet (Details)
Hi Alan,
Thank you for your input. The Chamber has been working on this issue for most of today. I think something will be sent out by this afternoon. If you know a Chamber member, you could check with them. The newspaper might run an article.
I apologize as I meant no offense. I think the Chamber might initiate something very similar to this through its members. Just in case you might be curious, I have received several emails that probably came from this group of concerned citizens. It is very important for us to have input to present to our Board of Directors.
Again, thank you so much for contacting me.
Kathy

That Guy
01-06-2006, 02:55 PM
ttt

Essex502
01-06-2006, 06:31 PM
Sent my email though I don't have any confidence that it will do any good with the current city council that is in place. They have their mainds made up, I am afraid.

shadow
01-06-2006, 07:26 PM
Just sent an email as well,I also attached the pics from last season,where
all those douce bags were standing in 100s of beer cans and other trash.
With no boats to be seen.

TCHB
01-07-2006, 03:44 AM
They have gotten over 50 emails keep them coming.

cc322
01-07-2006, 07:49 AM
Sent mine and I encourage everybody to do the same.Let our voices be heard.

purrfecttremor
01-07-2006, 08:49 AM
Mine is sent!

2Driver
01-07-2006, 09:14 AM
THis is what I sent.
I am a former Havasu Resident 1985-1990 and have a timeshare at London bridge resort.
You won’t get an argument from me that Havasu has become a scary place to visit in the past few years. I fear for my family’s safety just coming there to visit old friends. It is a shame. I am sure Robert McCulloch is turning in his grave to see his vision turn into a belligerent human cesspool gathering place. The 10-20% of the human waste that give the town the bad name will continue to come and ruin it for the residents and decent tourist/boaters as long as the scum perceive the town as a semi-lawlessness area to party out of control without regard for people or property.
Keeping boaters from pulling up on the sand in the Channel is not going to do a thing to lessen the crime and issues that plague the town. Strict law enforcement and a strong message to the human scum that cause the problem will solve your dilemma. Stopping boaters and their families from enjoying the channel will only hurt business and turn away the decent tourist that are finding it increasingly difficult to endure your town’s current blight.

INSman
01-07-2006, 10:31 AM
sent mine as well !!! :)

Ultrafied
01-07-2006, 11:27 AM
Sad how now everyone is up in arms about the possibility of not being able to park/party in the channel. Well guess what, the city is NOT TO BLAME !! You the boaters who "Hang" there that get stupidly drunk, show your women off naked, disregard the law, leave your trash, steal from your fellow boaters, ghetto thug "new wave boater" are the ones to BLAME !!. Instead of getting on the city, maybe you should be directing your letters to the Police dept requesting more oversight to eliminate the "dirtbags", then the channel might stay open to those who just want to have "fun". Once again don't blame someone else for your lack of common sense or the law !!! So lets see what has been closed or lost due to boater irresponsibility.
1. Copper Canyon
2. Sandbar
3. The Channel
Whats next Steamboat Cove !!!!!
I to see it as slightly amusing. If they close the Channel to mooring, it really wouldn't be a case of heart failure for me. I never go in on holdiays and when I do stop on off weekends, it may be for an hour. I find it more enjoyable in the coves or running the boat up and down the lake.
Personally, I think the Channel has gotten out of hand, both with boaters and non-boaters, but that is just my opinion.

Mr. Naudio
01-07-2006, 12:09 PM
Mine is sent and will try to be there on Sunday

That Guy
01-07-2006, 04:10 PM
ttt

shadow
01-07-2006, 04:50 PM
Sad how now everyone is up in arms about the possibility of not being able to park/party in the channel. Well guess what, the city is NOT TO BLAME !! You the boaters who "Hang" there that get stupidly drunk, show your women off naked, disregard the law, leave your trash, steal from your fellow boaters, ghetto thug "new wave boater" are the ones to BLAME !!. Instead of getting on the city, maybe you should be directing your letters to the Police dept requesting more oversight to eliminate the "dirtbags", then the channel might stay open to those who just want to have "fun". Once again don't blame someone else for your lack of common sense or the law !!! So lets see what has been closed or lost due to boater irresponsibility.
1. Copper Canyon
2. Sandbar
3. The Channel
Hey huffpowder, :idea:
Naw, forget it.

Kilrtoy
01-07-2006, 04:59 PM
I have to disagree with HUFFPOWER,
Most of the people on this forum are very law abiding, clean up after themselves and respect others. I am also unaware of any of the members showing off their women naked in the channel. Most on these forums are more educated in-regards to boating, than the general boating community.
Most of these people you speak of are renters of boats and/or in the extreme minority. Most members do not get stupidly drunk either.

shadow
01-07-2006, 05:06 PM
I have to disagree with HUFFPOWER,
Most of the people on this forum are very law abiding, clean up after themselves and respect others. I am also unaware of any of the members showing off their women naked in the channel. Most on these forums are more educated in-regards to boating, than the general boating community.
Most of these people you speak of are renters of boats and/or in the extreme minority. Most members do not get stupidly drunk either.
Thanks Kilr! Well put.I had to bite my tounge with huffs last post.
He obviously doesn't associate or know many people from these fourms.
The majority i've met are curtious boaters that pick up after themselves and
I only wish they have thier women take thier clothes off.

That Guy
01-07-2006, 05:26 PM
1. Copper Canyon
2. Sandbar
3. The Channel
This is the type of ignorance that I find very amusing. First of all, overbroad, generalizations like the one above are just plain dumb and inaccurate. I haven't met a nicer group of people than the boat owners on this board and for the most part the people in the channel. Kilr is exactly right in that the only disrespectful people we have ever seen in the channel are the renters, the 25 person sausage fests and the people who drag their coolers to the channel and then throw their trash everywhere. This is by far NOT the majority of boat owners and most assuredly, NOT boat owners in this forum. So, lets stop spreading misnomers and misinformation and stop crackpot Harvey from ruining the lake we love and the businesses who depend on our spending.....

purrfecttremor
01-07-2006, 08:20 PM
Hey Huffpower most of us are mature enough to be concerned about the enviorment around Us. I really take offence to the Your comments in general.Most of My friends that can afford 100k boats and act as adults!!!!!!!! :argue:

That Guy
01-08-2006, 09:06 AM
Hey Huffpower most of us are mature enough to be concerned about the enviorment around Us. I really take offence to the Your comments in general.Most of My friends that can afford 100k boats and act as adults!!!!!!!! :argue:
That is a really good point. When you take a look on a typical weekend in the channel and see the amounts of money that have been spent on these boats, most people who purchase a $100k+ boat haven't been able to do so by being irresponsible.

H20 Toie
01-08-2006, 09:15 AM
That is a really good point. When you take a look on a typical weekend in the channel and see the amounts of money that have been spent on these boats, most people who purchase a $100k+ boat haven't been able to do so by being irresponsible.
Unless you talk to my ex she will tell you how irresponsible i am :yuk:

Not So Fast
01-08-2006, 09:52 AM
Do not forget to look at why the council said what they did,(I am not supporting them) it was after the Chief of Police made a presentation about how his dept was CHALLENGED by the summer boaters and crowds. The channel does not present the same problems for LEO as the Sandbar or Copper Canyon does, you have access from land and water so it is much easier!The portions of beach we lost last year were a direct result of the police saying that they wanted to close the beach to boats at that time for the same reasons!. I was at that meeting and the council (old council) allowed that to happen immediately and as far as I know there are portions still not allowing boats on Sat & Sun. :confused: I guess the point is that the police dept. would rather just shut it down than to ENFORCE the laws we already have to solve the problem, GREAT SOLUTION. We dont go into the channel on weekends but when its not jammed we sure like to have a peaceful beer, talk with our neighbors and watch all of the greats boats float by. This isnt brain surgery, ENFORCE the laws we already have for LITTERING, DISTURBING THE PEACE (covers a wide spectrum), drunk in public, nudity, NO WAKE, rowdy behavior and so forth. Just do it and the word will get out. Another point, go to the channel during spring break, not many boaters at all and the place is so out of control it's amazing, so dont put all the blame on boaters, sure there are a few but I'll bet 80% of us are law abiding citizens. AGAIN, ENFORCE THE LAWS WE HAVE IN PLACE, Amen, sermon over! NSF

shadow
01-08-2006, 10:03 AM
This isnt brain surgery, ENFORCE the laws we already have for LITTERING, DISTURBING THE PEACE (covers a wide spectrum), drunk in public, nudity, NO WAKE, rowdy behavior and so forth. Just do it and the word will get out.
Another point, go to the channel during spring break, not many boaters at all and the place is so out of control it's amazing, so dont put all the blame on boaters, sure there are a few but I'll bet 80% of us are law abiding citizens. AGAIN, ENFORCE THE LAWS WE HAVE IN PLACE, Amen, sermon over! NSF
Headed down to the channel now. :)

INSman
01-08-2006, 10:18 AM
So, why don't they think of some space "permit" system where you could control the number of spaces available and issue and know exactly who is in and should be using the spot, just like a campground ??
I of course would want heavy priority given to LHC property owners that pay taxes to support various city services. We need to eliminate or minimize the idiots that show up to the channel without any boat, not (2) nickels to rub together and leave their area in total shambles when they leave !!!
Does anyone besides me notice how nice it is to pull into Park Moabi, pay a couple of bucks and not be standing on trash and empty beer cans ??!!?? :)

Not So Fast
01-08-2006, 10:50 AM
Headed down to the channel now. :)
leaving in a couple of minutes, as soon as the Panthers score! NSF PS There has to be underlying forces and reasons at work here dont you think :idea:

Kilrtoy
01-08-2006, 01:34 PM
So, why don't they think of some space "permit" system where you could control the number of spaces available and issue and know exactly who is in and should be using the spot, just like a campground ??
I of course would want heavy priority given to LHC property owners that pay taxes to support various city services. We need to eliminate or minimize the idiots that show up to the channel without any boat, not (2) nickels to rub together and leave their area in total shambles when they leave !!!
Does anyone besides me notice how nice it is to pull into Park Moabi, pay a couple of bucks and not be standing on trash and empty beer cans ??!!?? :)
Never happen.
You can not exclude people from public parks basis on what they own or lack of.....

Havasu_Dreamin
01-09-2006, 09:37 AM
Shhhhhhhh, don't let the secret out. :p

Big Warlock
01-09-2006, 09:59 AM
I am a boater and resident of Phoenix, Az.
Just a quick note of support for the above issue. I believe the current laws should be enforced. Creating new laws and / or ordinances will not improve the situation. The city needs balance between their return on investment and the investment of business owners that serve the boating community. Enforcement of the current laws would be an acceptable alternative for all invloved. Heck, deputize some of the boaters!
Thanks you for the support and efforts on the boaters behalf.
Rob (last name)

That Guy
01-09-2006, 10:18 AM
We/You are all entitled to opinions as to why the channel has become a source of contention. Just because you own that hi dollar ride, that means your not gonna get drunk, leave trash ? How long have you been going to Havasu ? You haven't seen the decay of the channel ? I have met a bunch of the people from the forums, they were very cool. I have been going to havasu since 1972, and i'm sorry if I offened you, but I have seen the decay, just my opinion, disagree if you will, or your just blind to whats been happening. Sorry to have hurt your feelings, no I don't want to see the channel closed, just cleaned up FOR ALL TO ENJOY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No worries...I just don't think that stopping mooring in the channel is the solution. Enforce current laws and we will all be fine...

ClownRoyal
01-09-2006, 10:33 AM
email sent ...

KoolPop
01-09-2006, 02:18 PM
Most of the people doing the complaining go to Havasu maybe 2 or 3 weekends a year and judge everything based on the holiday weekends. I live there full time, and use the lake and channel almost every weekend. The complainers are blowing this thing out proportion. All that is needed is to enforce the existing laws and the problems wil be reduced. It is not the city it used to be and never will be again. So all of you that want it to be like it was in 1970 should probably consider moving to Sun City, where you can drive around in your golf carts, and complain about your neighbors grass, weeds, and trash cans being left out too long! Just my .02 cents. :argue:

Wild Horses
01-09-2006, 02:23 PM
So all of you that want it to be like it was in 1970 should probably consider moving to Sun City, where you can drive around in your golf carts, and complain about your neighbors grass, weeds, and trash cans being left out too long! Just my .02 cents. :argue:
AMEN!

INSman
01-09-2006, 02:54 PM
Never happen.
You can not exclude people from public parks basis on what they own or lack of.....
If they can think about "NO Mooring" they can certainly come up with a "Permit" system for the same property in question.

GHT
01-09-2006, 03:07 PM
1. Copper Canyon
2. Sandbar
3. The Channel
Boy oh boy..... There is ONE in every crowd.. And YOU ARE ONE...
By the way Copper Canyon is OPEN
By the way Sandbar is OPEN
They did shut them down for a time.
By the way thanks for labeling myself and my family as "Ghetto Thug New Wave Boaters". Now go on with your bad self you "Self Righteous Ghetto Fag". Too bad there aren't more people in this world as perfect as you.
Oh, yea. By the way FU.. :D :D :D