PDA

View Full Version : Az Dmv ?????

phebus
06-27-2006, 02:27 PM
I'm going to the Arizona DMV tomorrow, and need to get my truck licensed in AZ, and need to get my AZ drivers license.
I'm bringing my CA registration on the truck, my proof of insurance card, and my CA drivers license. Anything else I need?
Oh, and I'm bringing money, lots of money :D

Robert1050
06-27-2006, 02:32 PM
You sound like you got it covered, I assume you have a house in Havasu, which will make the AZ driver's license an easy one, they may ask for proof of residency (utility bills, bank statements, etc.). They do take checks, but when I did my truck (which I had bought used), all I paid was around $175 for the registration - no sales tax like Kalifornia.
Robert

Outnumbered
06-27-2006, 02:37 PM
Save some time and go straight to the inspection line (usually drive thru in the rear). Just pull up and tell them you need an inspection to register your vehicle in AZ. I think its called a Level-1. They verify the VIN etc. Do this first or they will send you back outside to do it after you wait in line for 45 minutes.

2Driver
06-27-2006, 02:40 PM
You might need your title?? and of course unrealistic amounts of patients

phebus
06-27-2006, 02:43 PM
You might need your title?? and of course unrealistic amounts of patients
Very funny, you think it's paid off? That's when you get your title in Ca. :)

rivrbrat
06-27-2006, 02:45 PM
I was there just there last Friday and regristered my 2001 F250 Ford P/U. I saved a 150.00 dollars by registering it in Arizona. All they asked for was my driver's license which is Ca. and my pink slip since I owned my truck. You will have to have insurance with a company that's licensed to do business in Arizona. Make sure you take your vehicle, they will do a vehicle inspection which is just checking your vin number on the dash and the door and then your license plate number. Hopes this helps you out.....

2Driver
06-27-2006, 02:54 PM
Very funny, you think it's paid off? That's when you get your title in Ca. :)
I assumed early retired hose dragger = Big $$$ :rollside: :) :rollside:

phebus
06-27-2006, 02:58 PM
I assumed early retired hose dragger = Big $$$ :rollside: :) :rollside:
I'm ready to hit the cheese lines. Retirement isn't what it's cracked up to be, hence the move.

SCUBA STEVE
06-27-2006, 03:23 PM
Save some time and go straight to the inspection line (usually drive thru in the rear). Just pull up and tell them you need an inspection to register your vehicle in AZ. I think its called a Level-1. They verify the VIN etc. Do this first or they will send you back outside to do it after you wait in line for 45 minutes.
This would be correct!
The MVD here moves alot faster then the DMV in CA.

yer daddy
06-27-2006, 04:05 PM
Believe it or not insurance is alot higher in az., I did it and it almost doubled my insurance,2nd highest vehicular fraud in the nation and alot of uninsured motorist. So saving a little on reg. cost me alot in insurance. I'd check into it first.

Boatcop
06-27-2006, 04:46 PM
Az registration has its advantages. Although, if you're a CA resident you can't bring a vehicle that you own, registered in another state, into California for ANY reason.
California requires their residents to register their vehicles in CA. They love to hit up CA residents for fines, back registration, taxes, interest, and other fees (usually upwards of $2,500 or so) when they catch someone with out of state plates.

Kilrtoy
06-27-2006, 04:54 PM
Believe it or not insurance is alot higher in az., I did it and it almost doubled my insurance,2nd highest vehicular fraud in the nation and alot of uninsured motorist. So saving a little on reg. cost me alot in insurance. I'd check into it first.
You and I have the same year truck and they are identical, I saved a big whooping ONE DOLLAR by registering it here in AZ.
Now granted my insurance dropped about 800 a year

ahhell
06-27-2006, 04:57 PM
Go to Bullhead...just did my D.L. and the reg on my truck and 2 other vehicles. I think my total time was 30-45 minutes (there were 8 of us in there at 3 pm on a thursday) and I was only out a couple hundred bucks...do the 2 year thang...Kids car was 25 for 1 year, or 33 for 2...Im not a math wiz but I think the second offer was better :rolleyes:

ahhell
06-27-2006, 04:59 PM
You and I have the same year truck and they are identical, I saved a big whooping ONE DOLLAR by registering it here in AZ.
Our insurance went UP...they claim too many 'blue hairs' driving around causing accidents???? WTF does that have to do with my driving record???

HocusPocus
06-27-2006, 05:31 PM
Az registration has its advantages. Although, if you're a CA resident you can't bring a vehicle that you own, registered in another state, into California for ANY reason.
California requires their residents to register their vehicles in CA. They love to hit up CA residents for fines, back registration, taxes, interest, and other fees (usually upwards of $2,500 or so) when they catch someone with out of state plates.
thats a fact.. JACK! got hit up with that one a year ago. seems once they catch you.. you are already guilty of fraud, at least thats what the CHP told me on the phone. the crazy part is i never even got pulled over, just got a nasty letter in the mail.
i have an AZ commercial license and a house there.. still not good enough.

AZJD
06-27-2006, 06:48 PM
I have a 2002 2500HD 4X4 and just paid 343.00 for one year reg.....what's it cost in Cali, I only had company trucks the last 3 years I was there.
My insurance runs me a bunch, but I am not exactly the most responsible driver......drive it like u stole it!

Kilrtoy
06-28-2006, 12:57 AM
I have a 2002 2500HD 4X4 and just paid 343.00 for one year reg.....what's it cost in Cali, I only had company trucks the last 3 years I was there.
My insurance runs me a bunch, but I am not exactly the most responsible driver......drive it like u stole it!
$449.46
2005 crew cab 4X4 duramax, not that, that matters! Its all about the cost of the vehicle. I think Rick paid 3K less than I because of that GM deal they did in the beginning of 05....
my insurance is 1K a year
300/500/300 ....500 deduct

phebus
06-28-2006, 02:21 PM
O.K. I went this morning, and got a AZ drivers license, and registered the truck in AZ and got the new plates.
Here is how it went down. I took the advice, and drove straight to the inspection area, and got signed off, and the paperwork to bring inside. Went inside, and was given paperwork to fill out, and returned the paperwork, and was given a number. I asked where the bathrooms were, and she told me that if I went to the bathroom, she would have to hold my number, as there was only one other person waiting, and they had four windows open, and would be called before I could finish in the bathroom. I started to sit down, but they called my number before I could do so. Was helped by a very nice and polite lady, and all paperwork was completed, and I was handed a new license plate, was registered to vote, and I had to step down and have my picture taken at another window. Walked right up, had my picture taken, and within one minute, was handed my license.
So, from the time I pulled in the parking lot, until the time I left the parking lot, was less than 30 minutes, and I left with my new license, a new license plate, and I was registered to vote!!
A very pleasant visit indeed!! And the registration was $75.00 less then it would have cost me in CA :D

revndave
06-28-2006, 03:15 PM
I was there last Friday.Had to transfer my boat trailer.Only took 20mins. :)