PDA

View Full Version : vacation time

boats&bars
06-27-2006, 09:27 PM
It is time to take the family on a mini vacation , does anyone have any good
ideas , we want to take the boat if possible, im in so cal, looking to spend around 2k and a week or so, has anyone had a good vacation to a good lake in cal,nev,az, thanks

wedge44
06-27-2006, 09:41 PM
BASS LAKE.......FInd it here www.basslakeca.com I'm leaving tommorrow for 10 days ....it's a small lake only about 6 miles long but way wider than the river....lots to do in addition to boating yosemite valley is 1 hour away by car, you can dine out fancy or get a "FORKS BURGER" I recommend "the meal", town of Oakhurst is 7 miles away, the Mrs can go shopping or the family can catch a movie. you can camp near the water or rent a house, go to the web site and follow the links.....wedge

boats&bars
06-27-2006, 09:55 PM
I have been there , it costs ann arm and a leg to put the boat on the water though. thanks

Water Romper
06-28-2006, 05:59 AM
Here's the best of both worlds... :)
Head on up to the High Sierras (with boat in tow) go to Convict lake (just off 395) and "Rent" a 30 foot fully self contained camping trailer....Thats right, rent...when you get to Convict creek camp ground, finf the camp site you want, call High Sierra Trailer Rentals and they will "spot" you a new trailer (within a half hour)compleate with "slide outs" shower, toilet, 4 burner stove etc....totally cool...fish, hike site see (make sure you check out Bodie Ghost town) then, after 5-6 days Call them back up, have them come pick up the trailer and you and the fam head up to Lake Tahoe (here is where the boat comes in) get a hotel and boat in Tahoe for the remainder of your Vacation.
See how simple this was... :D :D :D

RiverToysJas
06-28-2006, 06:26 AM
I would like to a Lake Tahoe trip with the boat some time.....I don't think my boat has ever seen trees....certainly not pine trees! :D
I've heard it's a beautiful lake. Heard it's too cold for swimming in, but maybe not in the middle of the middle of summer, not sure about that. Fuel to get there might seriously pinch your budget though. :(
RTJas :D

Todd969
06-28-2006, 07:17 AM
Have you ever been on the Delta? There's a really nice place in Lodi called B&W that has cabins, a ramp and docks. You can boat down the San Jauqin ( aka Stockton deep water channel ) Ski or tube all day, and just enjoy the area. We always had a great time there.