PDA

View Full Version : E Ticket Boat runs 125+mph

ETicketChris
08-30-2001, 03:22 PM
Glad to anounce to my fellow fourm readers that E Ticket's 28ft cat ran 125mph (on radar)this morning across Lake Havasu. We are still playing with props but, this morning with 598cu 1200hp running on 92 octane we ran 125+mph at 6200rpm. Connected to this power plant we have 1,2,4 ratio number 6 drive with a 27pitch 17in diameter prop. A little more tweaking and we hope to get a little more from it. We will be on the water in Havasu this Labor Day weekend. If you have any questions or would like to go for a ride give us a call at E Ticket Performance Boats 520-505-7668 or email us at eticketboats@hotmail.com. We hope to hear from you or even better see you on the water.

CrazyHippy
09-03-2001, 01:25 PM
How about a website w/ some pics.
Not all of us can make it to Have-a-brew.
Congrats on the 125.
BJ

ETicketChris
09-08-2001, 11:46 AM
Crazy,
Sorry I took so long to reply I went out of town for a while. We are in the middle of creating a site right now, it should be done later in the month. I would be more than happy to sent you some pics. Email me and I will reply with some pic. Thank you for the congrats on 125mph it was a fun ride.
Chris

HavasuBarney
09-10-2001, 11:34 AM
Hey ETicketChris,
I'm a little confused what the "1,2,4 ratio number 6 drive" actually means.
Is that a 3 speed?
At 6200rpm with a 27p prop, seems like some VERY tall gears.
Could you share some more?
Sorry for being a dummy with outdrives, but I like your numbers.

Havasu Hangin'
09-10-2001, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by HavasuBarney:
I'm a little confused what the "1,2,4 ratio number 6 drive" actually means.
Is that a 3 speed?
A #6 needs an independent transmission. http://www.goldenplasma.f2s.com/forum/smilies/happy38.gif
Originally posted by HavasuBarney:
Sorry for being a dummy with outdrives
No you're not... http://www.goldenplasma.f2s.com/forum/smilies/confused27.gif
http://www.websitemonster.com/images/pimp.gif
[This message has been edited by Havasu Hangin' (edited September 10, 2001).]

ETicketChris
09-10-2001, 01:19 PM
I'm sorry I typed the ratio in the wrong format. The correct ratio is 1.24:1 and the name of the drive is a Dry-Sump Six. It's a one speed drive with the transmission external and not with in the drive.
Here are some specs:
Transmission required: Huber 1330 Series for the HP900SC.
Gear Ratios (RH or LH) 1.02:1, 1.24:1, 1.35:1, 1.5:1 or 1.61:1.
Spacers are available to lower drive unit up to 3 in 1/2 in. increments.
Drive-line and plug-in models available.
Hydraulic power steering cylinders are designed into the drive unit.
Input ratings are 1000 hp and up to 1000 foot-pounds of torque.
Large, heavy-duty universal joint and driveshaft.
Design features a simplified tie-bar arrangement.
Upper gear housing allows for quick change of gear ratios.
Available with HP900SC engines.
Forged lower unit gears provide greater strength.
Innovative 'dry-sump' lubrication system uses one-fifth the quantity of gear oil used in previous models. A precision oiling pump, mounted in the gear housing, sprays a metered portion of oil to lubricate vital internal components.
Hope this help, any other question please feel free to ask.

ETicketChris
09-10-2001, 01:58 PM
Crazy,
I didn't realize you can show pictures on this fourm. Here is a picture of our 28ft cat
:\WINDOWS\Desktop\Christopher's\Eticket\E-mail pics\High Side View
I hope this works. Sorry if it doesn't

Havasu Hangin'
09-10-2001, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by ETicketChris:
Crazy,
I didn't realize you can show pictures on this fourm...I hope this works...
Chris,
The picture has to be uploaded onto a webpage- it won't work off your hard drive. E-mail me the pic, & I'll post it for you, if you like.
http://www.goldenplasma.f2s.com/forum/smilies/happy25.gif

HavasuBarney
09-10-2001, 03:54 PM
You can pull some crazy top end numbers with that set-up.
I would be looking to get my hands on some big wheels! Love to see some pictures.

ETicketChris
09-11-2001, 11:28 AM
Havasu Hangin'
Thanks for the help. Please write back to me with your email address or email us at eticketboats@hotmail.com so I can send you the pictures. Again thanks.
[This message has been edited by ETicketChris (edited September 11, 2001).]

mikey
09-12-2001, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by ETicketChris:
Glad to anounce to my fellow fourm readers that E Ticket's 28ft cat ran 125mph (on radar)this morning across Lake Havasu. We are still playing with props but, this morning with 598cu 1200hp running on 92 octane we ran 125+mph at 6200rpm. Connected to this power plant we have 1,2,4 ratio number 6 drive with a 27pitch 17in diameter prop. A little more tweaking and we hope to get a little more from it. We will be on the water in Havasu this Labor Day weekend. If you have any questions or would like to go for a ride give us a call at E Ticket Performance Boats 520-505-7668 or email us at eticketboats@hotmail.com. We hope to hear from you or even better see you on the water.
Is this the boat using Minors twin Whipple engine? I would think you should use a smaller diameter prop. A big diameter at 6200 rpm and 1.24 gears has got to be twisting that boat.
Mike