PDA

View Full Version : Trader online scam again!!! Beware!

FREIND OF AA AND TA
06-28-2006, 07:29 AM
Good to hear from you i really appreciate the response, i will need you to
consider the item sold to me and am in total agree with the final price so i will call my secetary first thing tommorow to issue out the check as soon as you send me your full name and address including your phone number and i will want you
not to bother yourself about the shipping i have an international shipping company that would handle the shippment all you need to do is try and determine the item weigth very well if available for now because the shipping fee for the item will be included to the check and we wouldn't like to make mistake with the weigth, so as soon as you recieve the check you will deduct your item fee and send the rest to the shipping company so all i need now is the wiegth and once again thanks DO NOT FORGET TO SEND ME YOUR FULL NAME AND ADDRESS FOR PAYMENT ASAP.
THANKS
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Mike Bjorkman" <mike@santaclaritarealestate.com>
> To: londonclub01@look.com
> Subject: RE: interested
> Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 10:08:31 -0700
>
>
> Final price is 119 and it's in awesome condition. My cell is
> 661-212-8075
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: londonclub01@look.com [mailto:londonclub01@look.com]
> Sent: Friday, June 23, 2006 5:47 AM
> To: mike@santaclaritarealestate.com
> Subject: interested
>
>
> Here is a potential buyer for your ad 84399272 on
> BoatTraderOnline.com: The specific ad don smith viewed was for:
>
>
> YEAR: 2002
> MAKE_NAME: ELIMINATOR BOATS
> MODEL_NAME: daytona
>
> VIEW AD: http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/7/2/84399272.htm
>
> PRICE: $119,900
>

FREIND OF AA AND TA
06-28-2006, 07:34 AM
Then later they go on to ask you for money, they over pay you and ask you to send the difference yadi yadi.
I know many people around here have their boats for sale.

riverracerx
06-28-2006, 07:50 AM
All people from London are crazy!
Did you tell him we have his Bridge and he ain't gettin' it back! HA!

Buster
06-28-2006, 07:59 AM
Same thing happened to me and a friend of mine. I caught on to it but he did not and followed through with the deal. He received the cashiers check (Well Fargo) and went to the bank to deposit it. When he got there, the teller backed away from the counter and the bank cops arrested him claiming he was trying to pass a forged cashiers check. He ended up in jail for two days while the feds investigated it. This cost him thousands of $ in attorny fee's only to be told sorry, you were right and we were wrong.. Be careful selling anything online as these dickheads are everywhere.
Here is the email I received when they tried to scam me.
I want you to know that i will be buying the aquarium and that my shipping company will be coming to pick the aquarium up.
As regards payment, a postal money money order which can be cash at either the nearest cashing point or the nearest Ga station to you will be issued as form of payment and i also want you to transfer the excess funds after cashing the money to the shipping company by western Union money transfer so that they can come to pick the aquarium up as soon as they receive their payment.
I will be expecting to hear from as regards the following information:
Your ful name that will be written on the money order.
Your mailing address, and your contact telephone number so as to facilitate payment for the aquarium.
Waiting to hear from you,[
Hey Mike, if you would stop trying to sell everything you own you would not be such a scam target.. :)

riverracerx
06-28-2006, 09:32 AM
Buster, where in SCV are you? I am off Pico, in the back.
We all need to hook up for drinks some time. Mike is buying! :p

probablecause
06-28-2006, 09:52 AM
I can't believe people still fall for that scam

RAMROD
06-28-2006, 10:11 AM
I can't believe people still fall for that scam
Yeah! That's the biggest one, next to marriage! :mad: