PDA

View Full Version : Break-ins at Lake Pleasant 10-lane

2Driver
06-28-2006, 03:02 PM
Just got a back from buying a new I-pod. The sales guy was telling me that he an 2 other's trucks were broken into last weekend while parked at the 10 lane. They spent the night on the lake and parked at the 10 lane ramp under the large spot lights in the parking lot.
All 3 trucks were broken into and at least his was an attempted car theft vs just a burglary. All 3 had alarms but the thieves took their time and even put out a smoke in the cup holder. Truck batteries were worn out by the time the cops got there. So much for lake security and car alarms huh? :mad:

Outnumbered
06-28-2006, 03:31 PM
Just got a back from buying a new I-pod. The sales guy was telling me that he an 2 other's trucks were broken into last weekend while parked at the 10 lane. They spent the night on the lake and parked at the 10 lane ramp under the large spot lights in the parking lot.
All 3 trucks were broken into and at least his was an attempted car theft vs just a burglary. All 3 had alarms but the thieves took their time and even put out a smoke in the cup holder. Truck batteries were worn out by the time the cops got there. So much for lake security and car alarms huh? :mad:
That sux. There are very few ramps where I would trust leaving my truck over night. Its just too bad that you have to worry about that stuff.

GRUNION
06-28-2006, 07:36 PM
yeah thats no good thought we only had to worry when we went to havi.

ThongMagnet
06-28-2006, 08:26 PM
How did they get in??? Break window? That just sux's big time. I have noticed a lot more non boating activity around the launch ramps and parking lots lately. Probably because of partiers trying to catch a ride to Humbug Cove. Kinda the same as Havasu see's in the channel. It's only going to get worse, if havasu is any indication.
If you see kids/non boating people hanging around the ramp, call the sheriffs/parks office, and please let them know. They do not belong around the boat ramps.

Midlife Advantage
06-28-2006, 08:38 PM
what do you guys do? camp out on the lake? how friggin cool is that? but that sucks you have to worry about thieves.

91nordic29
06-29-2006, 05:01 AM
what do you guys do? camp out on the lake? how friggin cool is that? but that sucks you have to worry about thieves.
that's how we do it, lol!
it really is nice to go anchor in a cove and sleep over.
i would imagine that this weekend, there will be alot more security.

2Driver
06-29-2006, 08:25 AM
How did they get in??? Break window?
According to the guy I spoke to they broke his window. They smashed his steering column in attempt to take the truck but failed. They ransacked the truck and took his Ipod, and other belongings. Both his friends ( parked next to him) had the same thing happen. They had to be making a lot of noise and must have been there a while.
With that kind of security you have to assume the worse if you are leaving your vehicle there over night as the crooks are on to the easy take there.

Jordy
06-29-2006, 08:28 AM
I think if I was staying overnight I'd launch out of Pleasant Harbor as they seem to run a tighter ship over there. ;)

KACHINA KEN
06-29-2006, 09:15 AM
I think if I was staying overnight I'd launch out of Pleasant Harbor as they seem to run a tighter ship over there. ;)
Ditto, park @ Pleasant harbor on the South launch ramp, security all over the place. South ramp is the best one for ya.

ThongMagnet
06-29-2006, 10:36 AM
There having their own trouble over at the marina too. It only takes a rock to break a window, and how many time do you hear an alarm going off, and no one is around.
In Phoenix area alone, every night there are over 2500 car break in/theifs. Yes, every night!!!
Jordy, you should know, since your equipment has been hit twice in the last month (back ho/generator) that I know of from the boards. My window in my van was broken out and $2800 in tools stolen. My neighbor left there garage door open for 30 minutes to run to Home Depot, wife in house second car in garage, compressor gone, power tools gone, and they broke out the window in the second vehicle in garage to take the CD case on the front seat.
My customers have been riped off as well. 7 business's in the last 2 months have had copper pipe riped from there A/C units, and one site had all their contactors taken from their incoming power CB Box.
There is no place safe anymore.
I now have a video camera that records 24 hours a day/night. I do not leave any vehicles in the driveway. I have an Alarm and two mean dogs. I live in northeast Phoenix.
2500 incidents a night, that is just what is reported to the police departments.

Jordy
06-29-2006, 10:41 AM
Jordy, you should know, since your equipment has been hit twice in the last month (back ho/generator) that I know of from the boards.
I've only been hit once this month, knock on wood. That was AZJD's backhoe that was stolen, sank, and burned. ;)
And I know what you're saying about the copper. It hasn't happened for a while, but I was having jobsites hit about once a week for a while and they were stealing the cord running from the genset to the trailers. 50' run of 4/4 is about $300 give or take. I'm sure they're stealing it, burning it to get the insulation off and then selling it to the scrapyards for $10 or so. Our yard was hit a while back and they took a couple thousand feet of cable, lots of core cylinder heads and engine blocks, just random heavy stuff. I'm sure they had all the time in the world to just load stuff up to drag it to the scrap yard. It's out of control!!!

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
06-29-2006, 12:09 PM
2500 incidents a night, that is just what is reported to the police departments.
I use 2 types of theft deterrant devices for my stuff. A loaded double pistol grip mossberg and a pitbull;);) If I see someone ever breaking into someone elses vehicle while im at the lake they will have broken arms. Thats just plain WRONG:mad:
People that steal need to get a f*cking job. Work like the rest of us!!!!!!!!!!!

GRUNION
06-29-2006, 01:00 PM
Pretty cool when you tie up with a few boats and party all night.

superdave013
06-29-2006, 01:28 PM
I use 2 types of theft deterrant devices for my stuff. A loaded double pistol grip mossberg and a pitbull;);) If I see someone ever breaking into someone elses vehicle while im at the lake they will have broken arms. Thats just plain WRONG:mad:
People that steal need to get a f*cking job. Work like the rest of us!!!!!!!!!!!
don't you think a foot to the chest would do it??
LMAO sorry man, I had to do it. lol

AZJD
06-29-2006, 01:31 PM
Nothing like holding a jackass in your sights while you let your dog play a little game called "sick em"..... :crossx: :crossx: :crossx: