PDA

View Full Version : wtb fireworks?

bordsmnj
06-29-2006, 09:26 PM
friends going to las vegas onthe way back he's gonna stop at state line or in town to buy the good stuff. anyone know of hand where to buy? which hotels? stores? any info i can pass on would be bitchen . thankyou -jas

Riverkid
06-29-2006, 09:29 PM
There's an Indian stand just N of LV that has all the good stuff - never found anything good at stateline...

bordsmnj
06-29-2006, 09:51 PM
on the 15?

Riverkid
06-29-2006, 09:54 PM
Yep.
I think it's pretty close to the Utah line, now that I think about it - used to bomb out to UT delivering boats every other Fri nite and remember seeing it, but that was a long time ago...

sintax
06-29-2006, 10:13 PM
Yep.
I think it's pretty close to the Utah line, now that I think about it - used to bomb out to UT delivering boats every other Fri nite and remember seeing it, but that was a long time ago...
yup thats where we used to hit on the way back from Powell. I recall there being billboards and what not too. I'm sure a few google searches could bring up some infos.

HM
06-29-2006, 10:44 PM
They are running a check point at/near Baker for fireworks, similar to a sobriety check point. Places that sell a lot of fireworks that are illegal in CA have people staking the joints and calling in vehicles with CA Plates which is given to the people in Baker. This is a really bad week to be running incindiary devices into CA, especially from Nevada.

YeLLowBoaT
06-29-2006, 10:47 PM
who needs illegal fire works???
When you can drill a small hole in a ground blume and send it 90+ ft in the air still spinning in a ball of flame....
http://www.fireworks.com/images/products/J-010-th.jpg
they do the same thing they do on the ground... just in the air.
PM me for how too...

bordsmnj
06-29-2006, 11:22 PM
They are running a check point at/near Baker for fireworks, similar to a sobriety check point. Places that sell a lot of fireworks that are illegal in CA have people staking the joints and calling in vehicles with CA Plates which is given to the people in Baker. This is a really bad week to be running incindiary devices into CA, especially from Nevada.
ok. thants very good to know. thank guys.

riverbound
06-30-2006, 01:36 AM
I would be very careful with trying to go and bring some back. I hear they are really cracking down on trafficing fireworks right now.
I have read about them watching the places that sell fireworks legaly. writing down vehicle description and licsense plate info. then calling it ahead to the checkpoints. :(
a friend of a friend just had his house raided this evening by the fire marshal. and is now looking at a felony. He had quite an arsenal in his house. and was actually labled the "king pin" of fireworks on the evening news.

JetBoatRich
06-30-2006, 03:54 AM
I would be very careful with trying to go and bring some back. I hear they are really cracking down on trafficing fireworks right now.
I have read about them watching the places that sell fireworks legaly. writing down vehicle description and licsense plate info. then calling it ahead to the checkpoints. :(
a friend of a friend just had his house raided this evening by the fire marshal. and is now looking at a felony. He had quite an arsenal in his house. and was actually labled the "king pin" of fireworks on the evening news.
Sounds like they are real serious this year :yuk:

riverbound
06-30-2006, 07:42 AM
Sounds like they are real serious this year :yuk:
Yah....the man is trying to keep us down :(

BoatFloating
06-30-2006, 07:57 AM
friends going to las vegas onthe way back he's gonna stop at state line or in town to buy the good stuff. anyone know of hand where to buy? which hotels? stores? any info i can pass on would be bitchen . thankyou -jas
Be careful.... There was a big article in the paper talking about the fire Marshall and the SBCO sheriff staking out those places like Parhump and watching cars with CA plates and then stopping them in Baker taking fireworks and giving out a free court date.... :crossx:

Cruzzze
06-30-2006, 08:02 AM
The fireworks stand on I-15 North of LV about 30 miles is called Valley of Fire Indian Res. They have every conceivable rocket you can think of and at all prices. They do check every once in a while though with all these fires around, so be careful. Valley of Fire is about 75 miles from St George

OnlyMoney
06-30-2006, 08:12 AM
If your friends are going to take the chance, there's a booth that sells the safe and sane ones on every corner, they won't be able to miss them!!! :rollside:
Good luck!

Waldo
06-30-2006, 08:16 AM
Was that in Costa Mesa? I heard about a guy in CM that was busted and the two other guys selling for him got tickets.

Hal
06-30-2006, 08:51 AM
Fireworks
http://www.pe.com/localnews/inland/stories/PE_News_Local_D_fireworks26.1e0bc2d.html

CBadDad
06-30-2006, 09:22 AM
Good article, complete with a map of where the checkpont will be.
All you have to do is use a different route now. Perfect. :rolleyes:

JetBoatRich
06-30-2006, 09:25 AM
Yah....the man is trying to keep us down :(
seems they are always trying to do that :mad:

RiverDave
06-30-2006, 09:52 AM
Anyone get a look at the picture of the girl with binoculars? I think that fat bitch needs to get a life..
Pretty hard to call that person a "hero" in my opinion.
RD