PDA

View Full Version : Serious mountain bikers...??...

al cole'holic
06-30-2006, 07:11 AM
...looking for a website suggestion to buy a nice size gift certificate kickback, any suggestions? This guy is way hardcore and I don't think a gift cert from the local shop will cut it :)

superdave013
06-30-2006, 07:29 AM
...looking for a website suggestion to buy a nice size gift certificate kickback, any suggestions? This guy is way hardcore and I don't think a gift cert from the local shop will cut it :)
what type of riding does he do??
If he's into downhill / freeriding here is a GREAT web site.
http://www.go-ride.com/
But before you go out of state try:
The Path Bike Shop, 215 West First Street, Tustin, CA 92780 (714) 669-0784
They have tons and tons of hard to find DH stuff in stock.
If he is not looking for a wild DH type of bike/gear Switchback Cyclery in Orange is a fantastic shop also.
super (still an lil giddy for doing my biggest huck last night) dave013

al cole'holic
06-30-2006, 07:43 AM
...uphill, downhill, all kinds of trail riding. I will check out a few sites, I think it'd be easier to go with a gift cert online...$500 :D

superdave013
06-30-2006, 07:46 AM
speedgoat and Jenson's are a few others that are geared towards all around riding.
500 bones will be nice. He could get a set of King hubs with that kind O scratch.

al cole'holic
06-30-2006, 07:49 AM
speedgoat and Jenson's are a few others that are geared towards all around riding.
500 bones will be nice. He could get a set of King hubs with that kind O scratch.
..he prolly has em already! :)

Froggystyle
06-30-2006, 08:06 AM
..he prolly has em already! :)
If he is that good, he probably needs new ones already too...
Both SD and I are pretty well into the sport, although he lacks the constitution to defy gravity and actually climb every now and then... ;)
(Dave calls "climbing" getting into the saddle... )
I have a couple of good websites that I go to though for good stuff... not neccessarily the greatest stuff... but things like Camelbaks and bike shorts are kick ass there.
www.supergo.com is a large site that is now www.nashbar.com or www.performancebike.com It is the big, mean corporate slug in the corner, but absolutely unbeatable on prices for helmets, lighting, heartrate monitors, pedals, etc... Real exotic hardware most likely will not be found, but there are no better prices anywhere on the web, and they have everything.
www.greenfish.com has a lot of stuff too... more specialty components. Not as great of deals though...
Other sites are www.beyondbikes.com which has more exotic gear, again not the best prices and www.bicyclebuys.com works too.
My recommendation is for performance. It is kind of like getting a gift certificate to Kragen. Sure, there is no blowers there, but everyone needs wax, oil and cleaners too. You can buy a lot of things at a Kragen, and you buy them there a lot cheaper than you can at a speed shop.
Just a thought....

superdave013
06-30-2006, 08:16 AM
hey Wes, I ride a 50 pound bike and how do you think I get to the top of the hill?? lol
No chairlift or truck shuttles where I've been riding. You should come on out and loose another tooth. ;)
f'n whipped after climbing the 3 bitches
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/48p060806045.jpg

Froggystyle
06-30-2006, 08:36 AM
hey Wes, I ride a 50 pound bike and how do you think I get to the top of the hill?? lol
No chairlift or truck shuttles where I've been riding. You should come on out and loose another tooth. ;)
f'n whipped after climbing the 3 bitches
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/48p060806045.jpg
How come you look like Slingblade in that shot... ;)
I don't have any pictures of us at the top... cameras weigh like 6 ounces or something... :D

superdave013
06-30-2006, 10:38 AM
I don't have any pictures of us at the top... cameras weigh like 6 ounces or something... :D
lol, I look like Slingblade because I felt like Slingblade. I've prolly lost 15 ~ 20 pounds after that pic was shot. And I must say I feel GREAT.
Oh, I shaved 6 ounces off my program after that crash that broke the visor off my helmet. :)
No kidding though, the next time you come up this way bring your rig and I'll show you our local dirt. I know you guys have the goods down there but hey, new dirt is always fun.

hack job
06-30-2006, 11:22 AM
what type of riding does he do??
But before you go out of state try:
The Path Bike Shop, 215 West First Street, Tustin, CA 92780 (714) 669-0784
They have tons and tons of hard to find DH stuff in stock.
super (still an lil giddy for doing my biggest huck last night) dave013
i was there yesterday and i have to say those guys kick ass and they have just about every thing you could ever need.
Hack( building up a new ride)job

superdave013
06-30-2006, 12:25 PM
i was there yesterday and i have to say those guys kick ass and they have just about every thing you could ever need.
Hack( building up a new ride)job
and I was out in your hood scooping out Del Cerro.
It's a fun fun mother hucker :D
What are you building?

hack job
06-30-2006, 07:12 PM
and I was out in your hood scooping out Del Cerro.
It's a fun fun mother hucker :D
What are you building?
that would be my old hood.lol
just a little dj bike some thing to put around on. nothing like your stuff. wrightnow is getting in to this too( he has been it but is gettng reinvested.) :p

Coach
06-30-2006, 07:23 PM
Is that in Anahiem Hills or Chino? Both my wife and I miss riding. We were hardcore until kids now we never ride. We use to race XC and I also raced DH for years. I just look and my poor bikes haning in the garage and wish I had the time to ride again.