PDA

View Full Version : ... Dot dot dot

Froggystyle
06-30-2006, 03:00 PM
Does anyone else find themselves writing letters and memos "forum style" now, with ...'s where you are interjecting a conversational "pause"?
I do... It's driving me nuts! See... I just did it again... AAArrrrrgghghhhh!!!!...
I can't stop it... They are ruining my life!

Havasu Hangin'
06-30-2006, 03:01 PM
I take full credit for the pauses...
...please make your checks payable to the "HH Petroleum Awareness Fund."

XClutchboy725
06-30-2006, 03:01 PM
Lmao...

Ziggy
06-30-2006, 03:04 PM
whoa........that's weird......it happens to me too.....
Yo Xclutchboy......so weird, I was wondering about where you've been, haven't seen you around for a long time.

That Guy
06-30-2006, 03:05 PM
Wes...I thought I invented that...it was my way of avoiding having to use proper grammer...for instance, I can end a sentence in a preposition such as "Phat Matt is very lucky to have such a hot girl to hang with....("with" may not be a preposition, but you get the idea)...have a great weekend. :crossx:

Phat Matt
06-30-2006, 03:07 PM
I will put these in emails to Jen...
: jawdrop:
:D

Froggystyle
06-30-2006, 03:07 PM
...see you all at the river!
We are going to Martinez on Saturday and Sunday, back to San Diego bay on Monday and Tuesday for festivities and fireworks on the bay...
Anyone going to be out?

Froggystyle
06-30-2006, 03:08 PM
I will put these in emails to Jen...
: jawdrop:
:D
Yeah... me too. the little ; ) guy isn't anywhere near as descriptive if it doesn't pop up the emoticon...
And : cool : looks stupid too...
I can't get away from the dots though...

Phat Matt
06-30-2006, 03:15 PM
Wes...I thought I invented that...it was my way of avoiding having to use proper grammer...for instance, I can end a sentence in a preposition such as "Phat Matt is very lucky to have such a hot girl to hang with....("with" may not be a preposition, but you get the idea)...have a great weekend. :crossx:
Call me when you get in! You are pretty lucky yourself...

XClutchboy725
06-30-2006, 03:17 PM
whoa........that's weird......it happens to me too.....
Yo Xclutchboy......so weird, I was wondering about where you've been, haven't seen you around for a long time.
Hey Ziggy! I'm back...(couldn't resist the ...)
I've been playing with this...
http://www.glamisdunes.com/photopost/watermark.php?file=500/2724Img_0654-med.jpg
...but now it's too hot! Got the boat out of mothballs over the past few weekends...Going to take her to parker the NEXT weekend. Who's going to be there?

That Guy
06-30-2006, 03:22 PM
We won't be there this weekend...sorry. :cry: Heading out in the big blue with some friends for fishing, drinks and relaxation...not going to miss the drive this weekend at all. Have fun and be safe... :)

hoolign
06-30-2006, 03:25 PM
Does anyone else find themselves writing letters and memos "forum style" now, with ...'s where you are interjecting a conversational "pause"?
I do... It's driving me nuts! See... I just did it again... AAArrrrrgghghhhh!!!!...
I can't stop it... They are ruining my life!
IT GETS WORSE WES!!!
I found myself looking a my E-mails and started getting pissed off that the first line of my E-mail did not appear as it does in a thread title.. I have also responed to the presdient of the oil company (and it is a major oil comapny) I work for with "LMFAO" in there somewhere only to get a " Jeff, what is this "LMFAO?" or WTF?? (He is are now getting used to me as he said I am the only consultant that has ever called him 'Dude" :D :D ) I have even caught myself looking for smilies to insert into corporate E-mails .... Ya gotta sit back and really laugh about it all !

superdave013
06-30-2006, 03:34 PM
just wait unitl you sign one Foggystyle. haha

al cole'holic
06-30-2006, 03:37 PM
...I think I am the king of the dot dots, I use em before and after almost every post and in betweem...its like I've had a single 6 year ongoing conversation :)

FMluvswater
06-30-2006, 04:32 PM
I thought it was just me! :D Now I only feel as strange as the rest of you! :crossx:
You know there are people online who know my given name who still call me FM even on the phone and you know what? :idea: .... I respond to FM same as I do my given name! :D

Ziggy
06-30-2006, 05:07 PM
Hey Ziggy! I'm back...(couldn't resist the ...)
I've been playing with this...
http://www.glamisdunes.com/photopost/watermark.php?file=500/2724Img_0654-med.jpg
...but now it's too hot! Got the boat out of mothballs over the past few weekends...Going to take her to parker the NEXT weekend. Who's going to be there?
NICE!!! Ok, I'm officially jealous now. :D
Next river trip is mid-July for me.....Havasu.
Nice to see you back around... :)

Charley
06-30-2006, 09:17 PM
Every fricken email I write... it's pitiful http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/sign/sign0001.gif

Devil's Advocate
06-30-2006, 09:25 PM
Watch those little suckers take control.....litttle bastards.... :hammer2:

ROZ
07-01-2006, 01:50 AM
Well just the other day I was filling out a vendor agreement for Yamaha and Pioneer, and I wrote So-Cal PoolScapes with the sole-proprietor being ROZ .... :notam:
just kidding..
no, really...
just kidding....

NoCal NoBoat
07-01-2006, 09:19 AM
It's all good, Wes...
Herb Caen of the San Francisco Chronicle called this "three dot journalism"
He became a local legend, and made a lot of bank doing it. He had a killer apartment on Nob Hill, right across the street from the Fairmont Hotel...

ratso
07-01-2006, 09:29 AM
...WTF... I never do that...

Kim Hanson
07-01-2006, 09:32 AM
...I think I am the king of the dot dots, I use em before and after almost every post and in betweem...its like I've had a single 6 year ongoing conversation :)
Well I have been throwing this in for about ? years now and it really screws up people............( . )( . )............ :p :rollside:

ROZ
07-07-2006, 11:27 AM
I saw a license plate on a car the other day that read, " WTF NOOB"
Wonder how he got that accepted :D

Tremor Therapy
07-07-2006, 11:36 AM
...wtf?

riverracerx
07-07-2006, 12:08 PM
I use a blackberry at work and it is all internet shorthand. I can barely read my own emails now.

Froggystyle
07-07-2006, 12:37 PM
It's all good, Wes...
Herb Caen of the San Francisco Chronicle called this "three dot journalism"
He became a local legend, and made a lot of bank doing it. He had a killer apartment on Nob Hill, right across the street from the Fairmont Hotel...
That is where I learned it from! Baghdad on the Bay!
I have seriously been doing it for 25 years or so. I loved Herb's column, and he was a regular visitor to my home town of Sonoma.
Tough to see him go.

NoCal NoBoat
07-07-2006, 05:01 PM
Wes -
I should have remembered your Northern roots from past postings.
I spent a lot of summer weekends with my best friend and his parents in Aqua Caliente. Running over to Pagani Brothers in Kenwood (now Kenwood Winery)
to pick up some jug wine for the dinner table. A couple of memorable dinners at Juanita's Galley. She used to have a dartboard on her patio, and we almost hit her busboy once or twice one night. Today, Juanita might be known as a BBW, but she swore like a sailor. In the late 60's, she was somewhere between a bohemian and a hippie...
Sonoma in the late 60's, early 70's was a lot quieter than it is now...

OCMerrill
07-07-2006, 07:39 PM
I think it's how...your fingers take a breath between sentences.
I have this habit...and I am ashamed.