PDA

View Full Version : Stormin on Lake Mohave

AZKC
07-01-2006, 03:00 PM
Boy looking at the radar at Lake Mohave. the middle of the lake is getting hammered right now. Lake Mochoppy nightmare :220v:
stromy (http://www.wunderground.com/radar/radblast.asp?zoommode=zoom&num=0&delay=15&scale=0.500&noclutter=0&ID=ESX&type=N0R&lat=0&lon=0&label=you&showstorms=0&map.x=416&map.y=262&centerx=395&centery=130&lightning=0)

RitcheyRch
07-01-2006, 03:26 PM
Sure looks like a good size strom cell going through there. Glad I am not out there on the water.

SHAKEN Not Stirred
07-01-2006, 05:34 PM
Yeah.....
It's moving in to Havasu right now from the North.....
Glad to be off the lake have the boat put away....
Might get a lightning show in a bit....
Later,
CJG
:idea:

Not So Fast
07-01-2006, 05:56 PM
Mad house right now at Windsor, talk about a cluster f...k. And yet some boats waiting to launch :confused: :confused: NSF

RiverRatMike
07-01-2006, 06:16 PM
it's getting stormy again here in Havasu saw lightning and the winds are blowing

Desert Rat
07-01-2006, 06:45 PM
Was at Mojave last weekend and right after we got off the water a gale came through! I mean winds that must have been up tp 75 mph. It was blowing boat covers off in the Riverside parking lot and sending them across the street :2purples: Desert weather can be hell at times!!!!

RitcheyRch
07-01-2006, 08:06 PM
Such wierd weather this time of year. I thought monsoon season was in August.

shueman
07-01-2006, 08:12 PM
it's getting stormy again here in Havasu saw lightning and the winds are blowing
NASTY...hope everyone got off the water safe... :220v:

DILLIGAF
07-02-2006, 06:38 AM
I was on Havasu yesterday as well as Mohave (twice) yesterday. I saw the storm and as everybody was running in we were running at it :). We did not go all the way to it but it was funny how everybody was running the opposite direction as us....lol We then turned around and passed everybody up :).
Went out to watch the fireworks last night and watched a lighting show in the distance. Finally got off the water about midnight.
A long day on the water but very fun. Boating on two lakes in one day is pretty cool

SOMEBEACH
07-02-2006, 02:06 PM
I was on Havasu yesterday as well as Mohave (twice) yesterday. I saw the storm and as everybody was running in we were running at it :). We did not go all the way to it but it was funny how everybody was running the opposite direction as us....lol We then turned around and passed everybody up :).
Went out to watch the fireworks last night and watched a lighting show in the distance. Finally got off the water about midnight.
A long day on the water but very fun. Boating on two lakes in one day is pretty cool
Yah! Yah! Must be nice! :rollside:

DJ Sound Technique
07-02-2006, 03:56 PM
How busy is katherine's launch ramp?

RiverRatMike
07-02-2006, 04:37 PM
532 PM MST sun Jul 2 2006
...A Severe Thunderstorm Warning remains in effect until 545 PM MST
for central Mohave County...
At 530 PM MST...National Weather Service Doppler radar continued to
indicate a severe thunderstorm capable of producing nickel size
hail...and destructive winds in excess of 70 mph. This storm was
located over central Mohave County about 8 miles east of
Kingman...and was nearly stationary. Another severe storm was
developing about 10 miles north of Dolan Springs.
These storms will produce blinding rain and deadly lightning in
addition to hail and damaging winds. If you are near one of these
storms...find safe shelter immediately and stay there until the
storm has passed.

Havasu1986
07-02-2006, 04:45 PM
Must have hit on the water only. I was at my house above the high school and didn't hear a thing.
Bobby

BajaMike
07-02-2006, 05:27 PM
Just like Tom, everyones running from the storm and Tom's headin right at it in his big Shockwave..... :cool:
:2purples: :2purples: :2purples:

DILLIGAF
07-02-2006, 08:47 PM
Just like Tom, everyones running from the storm and Tom's headin right at it in his big Shockwave..... :cool:
:2purples: :2purples: :2purples:
LOL...It was fun but time to turn around :)

RiverRatMike
07-02-2006, 08:50 PM
here is a severe t-storm moving in Havasu at the moment. The lightning outside is just blinding and it's at least 30 miles away