PDA

View Full Version : I got a focken ticket up river today !!

SHAKEN Not Stirred
07-02-2006, 09:15 PM
So....
About a mile North of the Sandbar we pass the "Fish & Lame" guys at about 45 MPH..... :idea:
They light us up and we heaveto.......I assume it was an OUI check.... :idea:
When they came along side, I told them I didn't need a fishing license or a deer tag !!!..... :rolleyes:
Nope.......They say my boat is too loud.... :rolleyes:
They do te test and say I showed a 96 at idle......I guess 90 is the limit....right?.....I even have the IMCO gatlin mufflers..... :confused:
They asked if I had been stopped for noise before.....Nope...I say.... :squiggle:
So.....I tell them that I'm friends with Kilrtoy & Lowriver2.......That just get's me a "safety check"...... :argue:
WHATEVER!!!!!.........$125 fine.......BS......... :rolleyes:
Later,
CJG
:mad:

RiverRatMike
07-02-2006, 09:21 PM
that sucks!

LHC30Victory
07-02-2006, 09:23 PM
Sounds like they're giving everyone that's close a hard time. Trying to interfere with inland waterway navigation under color of authority it seems - or someone has an agenda to show off....
That sucks...

SHAKEN Not Stirred
07-02-2006, 09:25 PM
Hey Ted....
Are you here in Havi or in Cali ???...Tell Mimi I said "HI"...
CJG
:)

MONEYFURNOTHIN
07-02-2006, 09:32 PM
dont feel to bad, i got the same ticket................. with my WHAKER!

SHAKEN Not Stirred
07-02-2006, 09:34 PM
With-The-Wack ??....What-The-Fock??.... :crossx:

Throttle
07-02-2006, 09:35 PM
that sucks
:cry:

LHC30Victory
07-02-2006, 09:43 PM
Hey Chris, we're at home, did the BBQ q/Chump Change and wife....
Gotta work Mon but not Tues....
So, who didn't get a ticket for noise in the refuge???????

Kilrtoy
07-02-2006, 09:50 PM
I watched 5 BIG POWERED DCB's HAUL the mail thru there
and the cops waved us thru
L.... T.... R... must have put the hit on u

phebus
07-02-2006, 09:57 PM
Pontoon is sounding better every day.

Not So Fast
07-03-2006, 07:20 AM
Most of these reports are about tickets from Game & Fish Rangers, just like I thought, real LE is not the culprit here and hate this crap weazel law as much as the rest of us :mad: NSF

77charger
07-03-2006, 07:46 AM
You carry a fishing pole next time they might let you slide just say you're fishing.Seems like they wouldnt have bothered a bass boat with the same motor.If you have stock exhaust a noise ticket is harsh.I can see a big block thru transom exhaust getting a ticket but not a whacker.

shueman
07-03-2006, 08:01 AM
...If you have stock exhaust a noise ticket is harsh...
I would agree and bring some documentation to fight the charge...this is all new, so alot depends on the location as well...backwaters are the no-no, as I understand it....

77charger
07-03-2006, 08:43 AM
I would agree and bring some documentation to fight the charge...this is all new, so alot depends on the location as well...backwaters are the no-no, as I understand it....
I am pretty much refering to a stock outboard exhaust vs a tru transom big block exhaust no reason that it is too noisy.
On my lake boat i have a 350 mag with thru hub exhaust very quiet almost silent at idle if that got a ticket something major is wrong with the fish and game

Ziggy
07-03-2006, 09:02 AM
Sure seems they are not enforcing with equality........just randomly with whomever they can nab.............I'd suspect that if SNS was wingin' by at 75 or 80 he wouldn't have gotten the ticky tac ticket......
Did they engage the sound test properly without extranious other noise levels near by???? Doubtful. :mad:

Not So Fast
07-03-2006, 09:10 AM
Even if you beat it, the time served doing it and money lost taking off work??? Moral victory I guess. I have tried to beat a noise citation on the street and even with documentation from the Exhaust Mfg it was not worth it. Its BS but its gonna get worse. :( NSF

Hardly Satisfied
07-03-2006, 09:16 AM
Chris that SUCKS :cry: and a $125 .00 fine Bull $hit

Keith E. Sayre
07-03-2006, 10:33 AM
I agree about it not being the local LE raising heck on the noise thing. I got
pulled over Friday evening by the bridge and as soon as they saw that I
wasn't drunk, they were cool and said see ya! They were very polite and
friendly. Never said nothing about the noise but then my motor isn't that loud.
Keith Sayre

1manshow
07-03-2006, 11:03 AM
I agree about it not being the local LE raising heck on the noise thing. I got
pulled over Friday evening by the bridge and as soon as they saw that I
wasn't drunk, they were cool and said see ya! They were very polite and
friendly. Never said nothing about the noise but then my motor isn't that loud.
Keith Sayre
Keith, We want details. What were you driving with no lights again?

RitcheyRch
07-03-2006, 11:13 AM
Seems they ticketing people only to get money. They know most will not try to fight it for whatever reasons. Sure a good way for revenue.

HALLETT BOY
07-03-2006, 11:53 AM
Seems they ticketing people only to get money. They know most will not try to fight it for whatever reasons. Sure a good way for revenue.
It's called "revenue enhancement", the state and fed are cutting back budgets, so they figure let's get it another way...think : click it or ticket, my
God if they put that much energy and effort into actually fighting crime, the world would be a little better place...

RitcheyRch
07-03-2006, 11:56 AM
Exactly.
It's called "revenue enhancement", the state and fed are cutting back budgets, so they figure let's get it another way...think : click it or ticket, my
God if they put that much energy and effort into actually fighting crime, the world would be a little better place...

Havasu_Dreamin
07-03-2006, 12:57 PM
I put this up in the thread MONEYFORNUTHIN started about his ticket. Seems to be that the threshhold of what is too loud is VERY ambigious.
This is the reply that I got from the Refuge Manager when I asked him about the new no wake zone at Devils Elbow back in May:
Hi Scott,
You are one of many individuals who recently have had questions regarding boat use on Havasu NWR. Your presumptions are correct; Havasu NWR manages he waters of the Colorado River within Topock Gorge (The following areas of the lake and river are part of the refuge: the Arizona portions of the lake and shoreline from Lake Havasu State Park at Windsor Beach north to the river entrance near of Catfish Bay, all of the river and both shorelines (Arizona and California) to about the I-40 bridge, and the Arizona portion of the river and shoreline for 10 miles north of the I-40 bridge). We are establishing the No Wake zone in Devil's Elbow. We are one of many law enforcement agencies that enforce laws on the refuge. I don't expect that you will see an increase in U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service law enforcement patrols. The gorge has been part of the refuge (and as such, patrolled by refuge officers) since the refuge's establishment in the early 40s. We have always patrolled the river and will continue.
National wildlife refuges are unique areas that have purposes and protections different from most other types of public lands and waters. We must ensure that all public use activities are safe and compatible with the purposes of the refuge. With this in mind, I will try to answer your questions...
- Any activity creating noise at extreme volumes is disturbing to wildlife and reduces the value of the refuge to wildlife (and visitors). The noise created by many of the boats traveling through the refuge is extreme and their use is incompatible with the purposes of the refuge. [b][i]As to the definition of loud, National Wildlife Refuge regulations are provided in 50 CFR (Code of Federal Regulations; available on-line). Disturbing with vehicles regulations are provided at 50 CFR 27.21(e)(1). This section does not indicate a specific decibel level that is considered too loud; it states simply a vehicle that produces unusual or excessive noise... is prohibited. Refuge officers typically refer to state noise regulations for guidance. Most boats we have stopped for excessive noise are in very clear violation of state law. If you comply with Arizona and/or California law,
you will be O.K. on the refuge in most instances. Also, 50 CFR 27.21(e)(1)
requires that every vehicle operated on a national wildlife refuge be equipped with a muffling device that cannot be bypassed.
- We are establishing another No Wake zone. This area, located just upstream of Lake Havasu on the Arizona side, does not include any of the main channel and is intended to protect backwater marsh habitat.
- National Wildlife Refuge rules/regulations will be applied to all users.
I hope this answers your questions. Please feel free to contact the refuge anytime, we appreciate your interest.
John Earle
Refuge Manager
Havasu National Wildlife Refuge
PO Box 3009
Needles, California 92363
(760) 326-3853
This is the guy that is responsible for everything that goes on in the Refuge.

moneypit
07-03-2006, 03:28 PM
So....
About a mile North of the Sandbar we pass the "Fish & Lame" guys at about 45 MPH..... :idea:
They light us up and we heaveto.......I assume it was an OUI check.... :idea:
When they came along side, I told them I didn't need a fishing license or a deer tag !!!..... :rolleyes:
Nope.......They say my boat is too loud.... :rolleyes:
They do te test and say I showed a 96 at idle......I guess 90 is the limit....right?.....I even have the IMCO gatlin mufflers..... :confused:
They asked if I had been stopped for noise before.....Nope...I say.... :squiggle:
So.....I tell them that I'm friends with Kilrtoy & Lowriver2.......That just get's me a "safety check"...... :argue:
WHATEVER!!!!!.........$125 fine.......BS......... :rolleyes:
Later,
CJG
Saw you get pulled over... I also saw them flip the switch on someone else after they pulled you over... I thought they might have been coming after me. I just politely turned up the stereo and gassed er'. I didnt looked back for quite a while. :boxed:
Sorry about the ticket..

25dic
07-03-2006, 04:03 PM
What are the standards of the test? Do they do it at idle or do they take a shot at you while you are going by.

No Name
07-03-2006, 04:05 PM
So....WHATEVER!!!!!.........$125 fine.......BS......... :rolleyes:
WTF.......mine was 150.00. :mad:

No Name
07-03-2006, 04:07 PM
I just politely turned up the stereo and gassed er'. I didnt looked back for quite a while. :boxed:
Sorry about the ticket..
That’s funny…..especially the not looking back part.

Mardonzi
07-03-2006, 04:17 PM
Gotta love a loud stereo...

ThongMagnet
07-03-2006, 05:04 PM
As to the definition of loud, National Wildlife Refuge regulations are provided in 50 CFR (Code of Federal Regulations; available on-line). Disturbing with vehicles regulations are provided at 50 CFR 27.21(e)(1). This section does not indicate a specific decibel level that is considered too loud; it states simply a vehicle that produces unusual or excessive noise... is prohibited.
This section indicates its a judgement call from the F&G officer

25dic
07-03-2006, 05:16 PM
What a bunch of crap, now all we have is the word of a bored F&G looking for some action. I wonder how they go about calibrating their hearing?

Boatcop
07-03-2006, 05:17 PM
As to the definition of loud, National Wildlife Refuge regulations are provided in 50 CFR (Code of Federal Regulations; available on-line). Disturbing with vehicles regulations are provided at 50 CFR 27.21(e)(1). This section does not indicate a specific decibel level that is considered too loud; it states simply a vehicle that produces unusual or excessive noise... is prohibited.
This section indicates its a judgement call from the F&G officer
Make sure you realize the difference between State Fish and Game (which you all keep referring to) and the US Fish and Wildlife Service (which enforces Federal Regulations within the Refuge.
As I've always said. If you believe that a ticket is without merit and not justified, then fight it. Argue your point in Court. In this case, before the Federal Magistrate.
Or write your Congressman/Senator, objecting to whatever perceived injustice you have suffered.
Whining about it on an Internet message board doesn't accomplish anything.

Leeward
07-03-2006, 07:50 PM
On another thread someone said the whole lake was not reserve. If I stay off the reserve am I OK.

SHAKEN Not Stirred
07-03-2006, 08:05 PM
I'd suspect that if SNS was wingin' by at 75 or 80 he wouldn't have gotten the ticky tac ticket......
Did they engage the sound test properly without extranious other noise levels near by???? Doubtful. :mad:
Well.....We were along side of this cat at about 75 when I saw the LE boat under way heading North about a 1/2 mile ahead. He was the only boat in the area at the time. Both of us got out of it and the cat made the smart move and made a sweeping left turn and headed South.....
I continued up on the LE boat at about 45-50 MPH and gave them the "Hi-Sign".....They waved back, then hit the siren.....
I'm not too sure they really knew what they were doing with the test, but I didn't want to get into it with my kids & guests on board.....
What sucks is that I put the IMCO gatlins on to cut the noise down a bit....
It would really suck to have to put a set of clamp-on's on the end of my gatlins....
On another thread someone said the whole lake was not reserve. If I stay off the reserve am I OK.
From the North end of the lake to the I-40 bridge at Topock is the preserve.
CJG
:idea:

Focker
07-03-2006, 08:22 PM
Well.....We were along side of this cat at about 75 when I saw the LE boat under way heading North about a 1/2 mile ahead. He was the only boat in the area at the time. Both of us got out of it and the cat made the smart move and made a sweeping left turn and headed South.....
I continued up on the LE boat at about 45-50 MPH and gave them the "Hi-Sign".....They waved back, then hit the siren.....
I'm not too sure they really knew what they were doing with the test, but I didn't want to get into it with my kids & guests on board.....
It would really suck to have to put a set of clamp-on's on the end of my gatlins....
CJG
THIS IS WHY I WOULD NEVER OWN AN ADVANTAGE BOAT

Redneck
07-03-2006, 08:22 PM
CJG
its because i saw you again and you didnt wave i have friends in high places you better wave next time or its 150 lol jk that sucks got my noise check too but i was legal

Towndrunk
07-03-2006, 09:25 PM
It's bull shit like this that stops me from going to Havasu. Ya'll can have that trash dump. Pigs and all. :crossx:

J540
07-03-2006, 09:30 PM
WTF.......mine was 150.00. :mad:
WTF mine was $80.00 :p :D
And it was 147db @ 150/200 yd,s away he said, But he didn't say much about going buy him at 87mph, lucky I guess

Not So Fast
07-04-2006, 01:17 AM
It's bull shit like this that stops me from going to Havasu. Ya'll can have that trash dump. Pigs and all. :crossx:
Good deal, we need more people like you ;) NSF

MONEYFURNOTHIN
07-04-2006, 01:28 AM
You carry a fishing pole next time they might let you slide just say you're fishing.Seems like they wouldnt have bothered a bass boat with the same motor.If you have stock exhaust a noise ticket is harsh.I can see a big block thru transom exhaust getting a ticket but not a whacker.
The retard told me i need to put a some kind muffeling device on it........... I laughed and told him they dont exsist that the motor is completly stock. I asked him how he got away with it since he had the same motors on the back of his boat. He just scratched his head and wrote the ticket!

shueman
07-04-2006, 04:58 AM
....As I've always said. If you believe that a ticket is without merit and not justified, then fight it. ....Whining about it on an Internet message board doesn't accomplish anything.
:cool: :crossx:

RitcheyRch
07-04-2006, 08:15 AM
Should have asked him to test his own boat... :220v:
The retard told me i need to put a some kind muffeling device on it........... I laughed and told him they dont exsist that the motor is completly stock. I asked him how he got away with it since he had the same motors on the back of his boat. He just scratched his head and wrote the ticket!

nodigg
07-04-2006, 08:15 AM
I feel your pain. We were motoring north past the sandbar yesterday and two patrol boats were just just waiting for an opportunity to write. As we passed I waved and one jumped on plane and followed us cruising at 45-50 for a few miles then passed us as we backed off to duck into the hidden pond for a float. I was sure we were gonna get pulled over for SOMETHING but, guess we were not on the agenda. (The mufflers are working pretty good)

Wicky
07-04-2006, 08:34 AM
Fish and Game is a little more cautious up here. It is more dangerous than being a regular cop. If you think about it, they have to deal with peeps all the time that have bigger guns than they do ie: hunting season. They don't f.u.ck. with you as much when they know your packin'. Respect works in both directions.
Sounds like(no pun intended) these LEs were picked on in school when they were kids. Now they do the knit picking.
Mow,
Wicky

Wicky
07-04-2006, 08:38 AM
I can fart louder than 90db!!!

Wicked_Tahiti
07-04-2006, 09:07 AM
well they must have been out in force this weekend.
I had my boat out in the river on the AZ side. IT was tied about 20ft out from shore. We where right next the boat launch at Davis Camp. Anyways, a F&G comes in to drop off what i believe to be a drunk guy being arested from some reason or another, (this is the second time they brought someone in right there)
There was a guy with a boat like mine, him and i had been playing around all morning, and he was showing off, doing crazy turns and and crap, anyways, im comming back down the river and there he is floating around, and i end up towing him back up river (he had a rope sucked into the impeller), when we get there, the officer is launching his boat. He comes to us, and asks for all the equipment needed. needless to say i had everything. Then for some odd reason, he asks the boat i was pulling in to undergo a noise test, sure enough he was above the limits. I thought for sure he was going to ask me, but he didnt, so im assuming he heard my boat and didnt think it was too loud... but still i know it was just as loud as the boat getting the ticket...
Later that night while talking with the officer, (half drunk), he tells me that his primary reason for launching the boat there was to talk to the dude that i towed in. He said to me that not only was he out of the noise law, but he had open beers in the cup holders, no horn, and no anchor. they saw him doing all those doughnuts and stuff in the water, and hamering the throttle right outa the launch ramp, which i guess is illegal? :confused:.
SO to finish this, about 2 hours later, the dude has loaded his boat and skis onto his triler, and packed up camp.
Im going to make a run to the market to get some ice,water,cheese (cant have a burger w/o cheese :mad: ), and what i do i see, 4 cop cars pulled this guy over right as he turned outa davis camp. Im sure you guys can figgure out why.....
LAMER! his dunk ass should have just chilled at there camp....
I feel bad becuase he was a nice guy, but i guess it shows that if you dont fallow the rules, they will make sure to empty your wallet for you.

Wicky
07-04-2006, 09:36 AM
they will make sure to empty your wallet for you.
With the exception of boat cop, PBO, and TW,(hehe) it's all about the money and job security!!!!!! :rollside:

Towndrunk
07-04-2006, 12:05 PM
With the exception of boat cop, PBO, and TW,(hehe) it's all about the money and job security!!!!!! :rollside:
What makes them the exception? Inquiring minds wan to know. Is it because they are on this forum or is there really a reason??

Towndrunk
07-04-2006, 12:06 PM
Good deal, we need more people like you ;) NSF
No problem. Enjoy. :yuk:

CBadDad
07-04-2006, 12:37 PM
Boatcop, the problem with your line of reasoning is the same thing that is wrong with the American justice system (which still happens to be the best on this planet), is that it will still cost you about ten times (if not more) the fine to go "fight" this.
Where is the justice in that???
I would like to think that the powers that be would be able to write laws that are concrete enough to NOT be enforced arbitrarily(sp) and that the LEO's have to be held accountable for violating. As it stands in MoneyForNothing's case, he could fight it, but it would cost him way more than its worth and nothing will ever happen to the F&G cop. JMHO.
And for the record, Fish & Game is LEO. They are sent to a school to learn how to be an asshole too. :crossx:

djunkie
07-04-2006, 12:51 PM
WTF mine was $80.00 :p :D
And it was 147db @ 150/200 yd,s away he said, But he didn't say much about going buy him at 87mph, lucky I guess
I think yours idles at over 150db's. But it sounds bad ass so I think they should let you slide. :rollside:

Boatcop
07-04-2006, 03:07 PM
I would like to think that the powers that be would be able to write laws that are concrete enough to NOT be enforced arbitrarily(sp) and that the LEO's have to be held accountable for violating.
Only on boats is a specific noise level specified in most State Laws.
-------------------
For Motor Vehicles:
A. A motor vehicle shall be equipped at all times with a muffler that is in good working order and that is in constant operation to prevent excessive or unusual noise.
For Disturbing the Peace:
A. A person commits disorderly conduct if, with intent to disturb the peace or quiet of a neighborhood, family or person, or with knowledge of doing so, such person:
2. Makes unreasonable noise;
--------------
In every other aspect of society, regarding noise in public, the law relys on the judgment of the Officer as to whether or not noise is "excessive, unusual or unreasonable".
We don't need sound meters to tell that a top-fueler is loud, or that the kids party next door is too loud, or that the Boom-boom-boom of 16 sub-woofers and a 2,000 watt amp is too loud.
But when it comes to boats, we need precise measuring methods, certified and calibrated equipment and specialized training.
You know if your boat is too loud. You know if the boat next to you is too loud. You know if the boat 1 mile away is too loud.
I live more than a mile from the River. When I can hear them from inside my house with the doors and windows closed, A/C on, I don't need a meter to tell me that the boat is too frickin' loud.
We're talking about an area of the River that was set aside by the US Congress as a "National Wildlife Refuge" over 60 years ago. That was way before "tree huggers" and anti-power boat movements were even thought of.
Believe it or not, there are places on this planet where loud noise isn't acceptable. Those Rangers are doing what is expected of them by their superiors, the Congress, and the majority of the US population.
It's pretty damn selfish and arrogant to think that everyone else should be exposed to, and disturbed by, noise that does little except to stroke someone's fragile ego.
The prevailing attitude about people who don't like "your" style of boating or partying, is to go somewhere else, so they won't be bothered of offended by it
Well in this case, maybe its YOU (collectively, not anyone in particular) that should go somewhere else.

Towndrunk
07-04-2006, 04:57 PM
Jeez crist BC you from Nazi germany or something. You have a way about you, one way I might add. Just like your so called bros in arms. It's called I'm right and f-uck the rest of you. The only good thing I see about you and people like you is that someday you will retire and never be missed. Ach tung! :crossx:

MONEYFURNOTHIN
07-04-2006, 05:06 PM
Boatcop, the problem with your line of reasoning is the same thing that is wrong with the American justice system (which still happens to be the best on this planet), is that it will still cost you about ten times (if not more) the fine to go "fight" this.
Where is the justice in that???
I would like to think that the powers that be would be able to write laws that are concrete enough to NOT be enforced arbitrarily(sp) and that the LEO's have to be held accountable for violating. As it stands in MoneyForNothing's case, he could fight it, but it would cost him way more than its worth and nothing will ever happen to the F&G cop. JMHO.
And for the record, Fish & Game is LEO. They are sent to a school to learn how to be an asshole too. :crossx:
I couldnt agree more! The ticket is 125$. To take a day or two or work, and do all the leg work involved..... i cant justify it in my own head. Just what it will do to my stress level alone. Ill give them there fockin money. If they want to protect the refuge area, how about cracking down on all of the scumbags who throw there cigerette buts in the water and sink there beer cans! My little outboard is not disturbing shit. Like i told the officer, "now that we got this out of the way, why dont you go arrest someone who is gonna kill someone this weekend".

MONEYFURNOTHIN
07-04-2006, 05:07 PM
Make sure you realize the difference between State Fish and Game (which you all keep referring to) and the US Fish and Wildlife Service (which enforces Federal Regulations within the Refuge.
As I've always said. If you believe that a ticket is without merit and not justified, then fight it. Argue your point in Court. In this case, before the Federal Magistrate.
Or write your Congressman/Senator, objecting to whatever perceived injustice you have suffered.
Whining about it on an Internet message board doesn't accomplish anything.
Just for the record my ticket was absolutly from az fish and lame

Ken F
07-04-2006, 05:10 PM
In defence of Alan, he makes some excellent points, and has been quite enlightening on the view from "the other side'.
Think about it. Do Fart-cans on rice burners bother you? Loud Harleys with drag pipes? Your neighbors barking dog? Do Boom boxes coming down your street bother you when they rattle the windows in your house while you are watching tv? Someone making noise bothers everyone.
Hot-boaters are a very small percentage of the population. Yes, we enjoy the sound of a big-block running down the lake. Sounds great to me too.
However, we need to remember that we are a small percentage, and ARE probably offensive to the majority of the population.
Ken F

MONEYFURNOTHIN
07-04-2006, 05:19 PM
-------------------
For Motor Vehicles:
A. A motor vehicle shall be equipped at all times with a muffler that is in good working order and that is in constant operation to prevent excessive or unusual noise.
A. A person commits disorderly conduct if, with intent to disturb the peace or quiet of a neighborhood, family or person, or with knowledge of doing so, such person:
--------------
In every other aspect of society, regarding noise in public, the law relys on the judgment of the Officer as to whether or not noise is "excessive, unusual or unreasonable".
We don't need sound meters to tell that a top-fueler is loud, or that the kids party next door is too loud, or that the Boom-boom-boom of 16 sub-woofers and a 2,000 watt amp is too loud.
But when it comes to boats, we need precise measuring methods, certified and calibrated equipment and specialized training.
You know if your boat is too loud. You know if the boat next to you is too loud. You know if the boat 1 mile away is too loud.
I live more than a mile from the River. When I can hear them from inside my house with the doors and windows closed, A/C on, I don't need a meter to tell me that the boat is too frickin' loud.
We're talking about an area of the River that was set aside by the US Congress as a "National Wildlife Refuge" over 60 years ago. That was way before "tree huggers" and anti-power boat movements were even thought of.
Believe it or not, there are places on this planet where loud noise isn't acceptable. Those Rangers are doing what is expected of them by their superiors, the Congress, and the majority of the US population.
It's pretty damn selfish and arrogant to think that everyone else should be exposed to, and disturbed by, noise that does little except to stroke someone's fragile ego.
The prevailing attitude about people who don't like "your" style of boating or partying, is to go somewhere else, so they won't be bothered of offended by it
Well in this case, maybe its YOU (collectively, not anyone in particular) that should go somewhere else.
I usually agree with most of your posts, but i just cant on this one. Just for the record the officer said i cant be more than 86db at 50 feet. Who the fock is being disturbed on the refuge. There are no homes up there! There arent even camp grounds up there! I could see your argument in parker, there are homes up and down the river which people coule be "disturbed"! When did the wildlife get such focking sensitive ears. Go ahead and go hunt and kill the wildlife, just dont hurt there ears with your loud boats! There are better fights to be fought. Get the litter bugs, unsafe drivers, drunk drivers! You wanna herass someone, herass the idiots in the bayling driving on the wrong side of the river, how about the drunk asshole who cant back the truck into the water to get the boat out at the end of day........ i could go on and on!

Boatcop
07-04-2006, 05:23 PM
Jeez crist BC you from Nazi germany or something. You have a way about you, one way I might add. Just like your so called bros in arms. It's called I'm right and f-uck the rest of you. The only good thing I see about you and people like you is that someday you will retire and never be missed. Ach tung! :crossx:
Pretty strong words from someone who doesn't know me, or how I treat the boating public. Ask anyone who boats on the River how I roll when I'm on the job. I've written my share of muffler tickets, but they're on people running straight pipes or zoomies, with no attempt whatsoever to quiet them down. If they're at least trying to keep it down, they'll get a pass.
All I do on here is give facts. I tell people how it is. Maybe it will keep someone from getting that $125.00 ticket or that $3,000 OUI. More importantly it may just keep someone alive.
But when people brag about their 800 horsepower boats, and then bitch because they got a ticket for being loud in a Federal Reserve is a little ridiculous.
I hold it up there with the Hollywood weenies who want everyone to notice them, and complain when they don't get any privacy.
And if it WAS the AZ Game and Fish Department, there are limits set. It's 86 db at 50 feet. There's no subjectivity about it.

MONEYFURNOTHIN
07-04-2006, 05:24 PM
In defence of Alan, he makes some excellent points, and has been quite enlightening on the view from "the other side'.
Think about it. Do Fart-cans on rice burners bother you? Loud Harleys with drag pipes? Your neighbors barking dog? Do Boom boxes coming down your street bother you when they rattle the windows in your house while you are watching tv? Someone making noise bothers everyone.
Hot-boaters are a very small percentage of the population. Yes, we enjoy the sound of a big-block running down the lake. Sounds great to me too.
However, we need to remember that we are a small percentage, and ARE probably offensive to the majority of the population.
Ken F
This post make no sense! All of your references are refering to people being disturbed, there are no homes or any population (besides passing through boats) in the refuge area! Its just another bullshit law! Its no different than a tinted window ticket, or a seatbelt ticket! Pointless ass laws!

Boatcop
07-04-2006, 05:29 PM
When did the wildlife get such focking sensitive ears. Go ahead and go hunt and kill the wildlife, just dont hurt there ears with your loud boats!
That's why it's a Refuge. No hunting allowed. It's there to protect the wildlife and their habitat. There's another 400 miles of River that's not Refuge.
And for the record, I wrote up about 1/2 dozen PWCs, and a few other boats for going the wrong way on the River this weekend. And the only arrest I made was on a drunk 19 year old kid throwing beer cans in the water.

MONEYFURNOTHIN
07-04-2006, 05:36 PM
Im not trying to start a war with you, like i said in general i agree with your posts. However this whole refuge area/noise bs is a crock of shiat to me. How many littering tickets did you write this weekend? The river is loaded with trash! Dont you think this might affect the refuge a little more than noise?

RiverRatMike
07-04-2006, 05:42 PM
any how many decades have boats been going up and down that area of river refuge? I don't understand either, but I guess the noise is scarying away all the wifelife all of a sudden.

Not So Fast
07-04-2006, 05:58 PM
Pretty strong words from someone who doesn't know me, or how I treat the boating public. Ask anyone who boats on the River how I roll when I'm on the job. I've written my share of muffler tickets, but they're on people running straight pipes or zoomies, with no attempt whatsoever to quiet them down. If they're at least trying to keep it down, they'll get a pass.
All I do on here is give facts. I tell people how it is. Maybe it will keep someone from getting that $125.00 ticket or that $3,000 OUI. More importantly it may just keep someone alive.
But when people brag about their 800 horsepower boats, and then bitch because they got a ticket for being loud in a Federal Reserve is a little ridiculous.
I hold it up there with the Hollywood weenies who want everyone to notice them, and complain when they don't get any privacy.
And if it WAS the AZ Game and Fish Department, there are limits set. It's 86 db at 50 feet. There's no subjectivity about it.
Read what got a ticket OK, a friggin wacker. :rolleyes: Yes some boats are too loud but what has made the refuge such a big deal all of a sudden. And why is it that most LE's that I know (and it's quite a few) do not like this sudden switch over to a stretch of river that has had loud boats running on it for many years. You usually make some sense but not on this one pardner, why is it only fish and game doing this, SBSD or Mohave aren't writing the citations, most of them want nothing to do with it, just like you said you do on Parker, if theyre too loud write them, but a wacker, gimme a break BC, that stinks. NSF

No Name
07-04-2006, 06:37 PM
If all of that is true then that is just BS, how in the hell can you write someone a ticket if you're running the same engine? WTF :mad: BS BS BS BS BS BS .........................

vmjtc3
07-04-2006, 06:59 PM
-------------------
For Motor Vehicles:
--------------
All that being said, and I agree on most points. It is hard to comply with a law when there is no means by which to measure if you are lawfull or not.
I try not to be a loud rude boater (unmuffled exhaust or loud stereo) but I know my boat is louder than a stock whacker, and some have been ticketed
in the wlr. It seem's a little unfair for the guy who lets off the gas keeps his stereo down and has mufflers on his boat to get a ticket..............

vmjtc3
07-04-2006, 07:02 PM
And also dont give me the tell it to the judge crap either. Cause 9 times out of ten they say If you were not doing something wrong you would not be here right now...........

You Te
07-04-2006, 07:13 PM
[QUOTE=Boatcop]
-------------------
For Motor Vehicles:
Disturbing the Peace:
Believe it or not, there are places on this planet where loud noise isn't acceptable.
Do you mean like a Harley? Oh no wait, a Harley makes sound not noise.
You remind me of my T.O. back in the day, so full of himself.

Redneck
07-04-2006, 09:50 PM
wow you should make friends fast here

Redneck
07-04-2006, 09:52 PM
Well said Alan

SHAKEN Not Stirred
07-04-2006, 10:32 PM
It was AZ Game & Fish......
They advised that the acceptable level was 90 dB at 20'......
I was 96 db and they were actually about 25' back, which they let me know as well......
As a contractor I can judge distance fairly well......
So.....Are they wrong in the way they administered the test ?
Am I suppose to take the time to fight a $125 ticket, or pay it.....
I guess I'll have to perform the test myself before I buy additional mufflers for my already muffled exhaust system....
Here's a funny part, the LEO say's...
"You have a Merc 525 in this thing......Right?......"
I said....."Yep!"....
He says....
"Yeah......We could tell......"
Oh I'm SURE you could.......... :rolleyes:
Later,
CJG

Kilrtoy
07-04-2006, 10:38 PM
Ypu have to be kidding me, BC comes on here and simply explains the laws and helps people, now he is a NAZI.....
Your way off on this one.....and the Nazi comment was way outta line

SHAKEN Not Stirred
07-04-2006, 10:42 PM
The Nazi comment was way outta line
Yep!
CJG

Kilrtoy
07-04-2006, 10:45 PM
Yep!
CJG
You got skills, motoring that Mercury 525 thru the channel on the phone sitting up on your seat, Not that I noticed you, until you blocked my view of your beautiful wife....
:rollside:

SHAKEN Not Stirred
07-04-2006, 10:48 PM
You got skills, motoring that Mercury 525 thru the channel on the phone sitting up on your seat, Not that I noticed you, until you blocked my view of your beautiful wife....
:rollside:
LOL.... :boxed:
You saw that one huh?.....
I was also steering with my feet.....
The whole episode lasted about 15 seconds.....
As I discovered I couldn't steer with my big toe.....
What a moron...Huh?.. :rolleyes:
Still...LOL.... :D
Later,
CJG

Kilrtoy
07-04-2006, 10:49 PM
yes I was impressed, it was very crowed

You Te
07-05-2006, 06:30 AM
Ypu have to be kidding me, BC comes on here and simply explains the laws and helps people, now he is a NAZI.....
Kilrtoy,
BC is a smartass.

Towndrunk
07-05-2006, 06:45 AM
WOW, outa line? Maybe we should rename this thread for you KA's. How about LETS KISS BOAT COPS ASS thread. Oh, I know. Gestapos R US :p
It's not about making new friends it's about keeping the ones I have. :crossx:

Havasu Hangin'
07-05-2006, 07:02 AM
I was once eating at Sizzler, and Boatcop sited me for using the wrong fork to eat my salad with.
:supp:

You Te
07-05-2006, 07:06 AM
[QUOTE=Towndrunk]WOW, outa line? Maybe we should rename this thread. How about LETS KISS BOAT COPS ASS thread.
How about, The Barn Yard Rooster BY...........Boat Cock.

Towndrunk
07-05-2006, 07:37 AM
[QUOTE=Towndrunk]WOW, outa line? Maybe we should rename this thread. How about LETS KISS BOAT COPS ASS thread.
How about, The Barn Yard Rooster BY...........Boat Cock.
Damn sure enough gobblers on here. :cool:

Jbb
07-05-2006, 07:49 AM
I was once eating at Sizzler, and Boatcop sited me for using the wrong fork to eat my salad with.
:supp:
You knew the rules when you walked in... :mad: ....If you cant follow the rules of the salad bar,perhaps you should eat elsewhere.......chico.... :p

GunninGopher
07-05-2006, 08:51 AM
You are out of line. Personally, I've had difficulty with overzealous LE several times in my youth, so I can be a little mistrustful of them, and I don't know BoatCop, but you sound like you hate cops. By the way, most LE that I see on the river just want to keep everyone safe, and there is nothing wrong with that in my opinion.
BC simply comes on here and helps us understand some of the particulars of this situation and Towndrunk chimes in like that. Towndrunk, you are out if line. I appreciate BC's input on these types of matters because it helps me be safe and stay out of trouble. There is nothing wrong with that, and I boat his beat several times a year. He doesn't know me so don't allege that I'm kissing his ass or anything. I just would like to keep reading his opinions about us, since he is the first to judge our actions.
As for Money For Nothin's whacker, I would be very curious to find out if LEO boats don't comply with rules that they are enforcing. You'd have to think that they'd at least test themselves. Some outboards are pretty loud, but not stock ones. I suspect you were getting the look over for some other actions.

Keith E. Sayre
07-05-2006, 09:15 AM
I really want to know what animals the noise is hurting or damaging in this
refuge? I've seen a couple mountain type goats a couple times in 30 years
of doing the river. I haven't seen any bird watchers up there or animal
watchers laying in wait for something to show up and at 120 degrees midday
I doubt that I ever will. This guy in Needles is being manipulated by someone.
Keith Sayre

Not So Fast
07-05-2006, 09:43 AM
I really want to know what animals the noise is hurting or damaging in this
refuge? I've seen a couple mountain type goats a couple times in 30 years
of doing the river. I haven't seen any bird watchers up there or animal
watchers laying in wait for something to show up and at 120 degrees midday
I doubt that I ever will. This guy in Needles is being manipulated by someone.
Keith Sayre
Excactly Keith; I mean this is not some pristine unknown widerness that is teeming with wildlife. Its had hot boats running there for longer than I can remember, so WHY NOW has it become so important to have this sense of QUIET. Just doesnt make any sense to me, Im more concerned about PGE's cleanup of CR6 just up stream, thats a serious problem!!!!!!!! NSF

Towndrunk
07-05-2006, 09:53 AM
You are out of line. Personally, I've had difficulty with overzealous LE several times in my youth, so I can be a little mistrustful of them, and I don't know BoatCop, but you sound like you hate cops. By the way, most LE that I see on the river just want to keep everyone safe, and there is nothing wrong with that in my opinion.
BC simply comes on here and helps us understand some of the particulars of this situation and Towndrunk chimes in like that. Towndrunk, you are out if line. I appreciate BC's input on these types of matters because it helps me be safe and stay out of trouble. There is nothing wrong with that, and I boat his beat several times a year. He doesn't know me so don't allege that I'm kissing his ass or anything. I just would like to keep reading his opinions about us, since he is the first to judge our actions.
As for Money For Nothin's whacker, I would be very curious to find out if LEO boats don't comply with rules that they are enforcing. You'd have to think that they'd at least test themselves. Some outboards are pretty loud, but not stock ones. I suspect you were getting the look over for some other actions.
Now you're making me feel bad. Hate cops? Nah, kinda like a faggot. I never met one I had a use for.
Kindly go back to my original post about this and insert your name too.

Towndrunk
07-05-2006, 09:54 AM
Now you're making me feel bad. Hate cops? Nah, I dont care one way or the other about them.

GunninGopher
07-05-2006, 10:08 AM
Now you're making me feel bad. Hate cops? Nah, kinda like a faggot. I never met one I had a use for.
Oops, let that one slip by before the edit came in, huh? Cops are like faggots, but you don't hate them, right?
Go ahead and think of me what you will. It appears that you are a bit of a hot head big mouth, and I don't find much use in getting into it with that type on the internet. I don't boat Havasu, by the way, probably for the same reason's that you don't. I believe BC patrol's Parker, but I could be wrong about that.

Wicky
07-05-2006, 10:42 AM
By the way, most LE that I see on the river just want to keep everyone safe, and there is nothing wrong with that in my opinion.
Keep everyone safe??????
THAT in itself is a huge problem. It's called socialism!!!
I prefer to keep myself and my family safe. Not relying on the govt. as you do!!! Have some self respect dude. Our govt is on the fringe of socialism. TAX TAX TAX spend spend spend!!!! I would prefer to spend my own money on my own protection!!!!!
Why the hell do they buy 5 new policing boats on Havasu instead of 5 ambulance boats. Don't tell me it's being proactive either. It's all about the money and job security. This is why the noise ticket was written.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
07-05-2006, 10:59 AM
How come you guys are beating up Boatcop for him just stating what the law is? He didn't make the law. I personally think the law sucks but its not Boatcops fault. I have never met him but I don't really think he deserves to be attacked. :argue:
Go ahead and call me a kiss-ass or nut-swinger. :rollside:

Leeward
07-05-2006, 11:27 AM
Maybe I'm missing something. The whole lake is not preserve. Why not just stay off the preserve. The lake is like 30,000 acres. Also ever thought that the reason you don't see and wild life is because there are loud boats everywear.

Towndrunk
07-05-2006, 11:35 AM
Oops, let that one slip by before the edit came in, huh? Cops are like faggots, but you don't hate them, right?
Go ahead and think of me what you will. It appears that you are a bit of a hot head big mouth, and I don't find much use in getting into it with that type on the internet. I don't boat Havasu, by the way, probably for the same reason's that you don't. I believe BC patrol's Parker, but I could be wrong about that.
No big deal. The only reason I edited it in the first place was to show some respect to the gays. I don't hate them or cops but that doesn't mean I like them either one. I simply do not see a need in this world for either . I take care of me, you take care of you and when we get too old to take care of ourselves then we should go on our way like the wild buffalo.
Yes, I am a hot head and I'm a big mouth and I can back it up.( Well most of the time) . In the immortal words of the all knowing one, Ta Ta, I'm off to my ballet lesson. :cool:

Towndrunk
07-05-2006, 11:39 AM
Maybe I'm missing something. The whole lake is not preserve. Why not just stay off the preserve. The lake is like 30,000 acres. Also ever thought that the reason you don't see and wild life is because there are loud boats everywear.
When I go boating I go to see tanned bodies and cool boats. When I want to see wildlife I go hunting.

chub
07-05-2006, 11:51 AM
How come you guys are beating up Boatcop for him just stating what the law is? He didn't make the law. I personally think the law sucks but its not Boatcops fault. I have never met him but I don't really think he deserves to be attacked. :argue:
Okay, just trying to keep you happy! nut-swinger. :rollside: :rollside: :rollside:

Mrs. Bordsmnj
07-05-2006, 11:58 AM
Okay, just trying to keep you happy! nut-swinger. :rollside: :rollside: :rollside:
LOL!! Nut Swinger, at your service!!! :p

MONEYFURNOTHIN
07-05-2006, 01:08 PM
As for Money For Nothin's whacker, I would be very curious to find out if LEO boats don't comply with rules that they are enforcing. You'd have to think that they'd at least test themselves. Some outboards are pretty loud, but not stock ones. I suspect you were getting the look over for some other actions.You would be suspecting wrong. I was crusing at 50mph with 5 on the boat. It fine to chime in, but do yourself a favor and dont make assumptions.

Havasu_Dreamin
07-05-2006, 01:20 PM
I sent this to the Wildlife Refuge Manager yesterday after reading about the tickets:
John,
I know of a few friends that received tickets over the 4th of July weekend in the refuge, one of which had a boat with an outboard motor which is certainly not very loud. What testing standards are used in determining if a boat is in violation of the excessive noise restrictions as outlined in 50 CFR 27.31(e)(1)?
Thank you for your time,
Scott
This is the resposne I got today:
Hi Scott,
Although 50 CFR 27.31(e)(1) does not indicate a specific decibel level that
is considered too loud, refuge officers typically refer to state noise
regulations for guidance. With a few exceptions, anyone who complies with
Arizona and California laws will be O.K. on the refuge. I was not on the
river over the Fourth, so I can’t comment on the circumstances of your
friends’ tickets. I can tell you that refuge officers use calibrated,
laboratory-certified decibel meters to document the conditions of most
stops. While it doesn't happen often, I have heard boats with outboards in
very clear violation of Arizona and California laws.
If you need details on the states' regulations, let me know and I will give
you the citations. As always, don't hesitate to contact me with questions,
etc.
John

GunninGopher
07-05-2006, 01:26 PM
[/B]You would be suspecting wrong. I was crusing at 50mph with 5 on the boat. It fine to chime in, but do yourself a favor and dont make assumptions.
Where did I make an assumption. I said I suspected that is why they looked you over. They may have even mistaken you for someone else. Basically, I'm saying that the ticket is BS.
Thanks for giving me permission to chime in, though.

SHAKEN Not Stirred
07-05-2006, 01:34 PM
So, what are the AZ & CA State regulations ?
Anyone have a decibel meter I can test with using the appropriate regulations ?
I'm not going to fight the ticket, just want to do some base line testing myself....
Man.....I just can't stand the thought of a law with an interpolated standard... :mad:
So.....At a max of 25' behind me at idle, the LEO did not comply with the AZ State regulation......that he really doesn't need to comply with anyway.... :idea:
The LEO just "Decides" that my boat was too loud for him on "This" day.... :rolleyes:
Wonderful...... :argue:
Later,
CJG

That Guy
07-05-2006, 01:34 PM
For the record, Boat Cop has (in my opinion) always provided insightful and informative points on this board. I don't know him from Adam, but I always appreciate his perspective.....back to the original post...Chris, sorry you got a ticket. Sounds completely arbitrary and BS to me. Hope it didn't ruin your trip. :cry:

GunninGopher
07-05-2006, 01:39 PM
<snip>
[b]This is the resposne I got today:
<snip>
If you need details on the states' regulations, let me know and I will give
you the citations. As always, don't hesitate to contact me with questions,
etc.
John[/i]
<snip>
Ask them if they test their own boats and what they get with that stock outboard. Maybe they will even provide some documentation. It is absurd that they would ticket someone with the same setup that they run.
It's all about the birds, right?

Havasu_Dreamin
07-05-2006, 01:42 PM
So, what are the AZ & CA State regulations ?
AZ: 86 decibels 50 feet from the transom, no engine RPM level is explicitly spelled out in the law
CA: 88 decibles 39 inches from back of transom and 4 feet up from the waterline with the engine at idle.
Both states should be testing on the A scale.
Keep in mind both states have a shoreline/drive-by test that most boats probably would not pass. However, I believe this test is more difficult to administer so they stick to the other one. That is just speculation on my part though.
Chris, I've got a db meter as does E502, same meter, and we both will be out this weekend. If need be I can drop it by Aarons shop for you to pick up and I'll get it back friom him later. Let me know.

25dic
07-05-2006, 01:52 PM
Did the F&G take the reading as you were going by and base the ticket on that. Or did they retest you at the standards of the test once they had you stopped. I have followed Money and with the prop so close to the top of the water it is pretty loud even though it is an OB. It may also be a case of job justification, there are not a lot of people fishing and hunting in the 115 degree heat, and they need to keep busy somehow. When we were up over fathers day weekend we saw several boats tubing through the gorge and the LEO was not around. So what brought all of this BS on, people have been baoting on this strech of the river since the lake existed, why now?

SHAKEN Not Stirred
07-05-2006, 01:55 PM
AZ: 86 decibels 50 feet from the transom, no engine RPM level is explicitly spelled out in the law
CA: 88 decibles 39 inches from back of transom and 4 feet up from the waterline with the engine at idle.
Keep in mind both states have a shoreline/drive-by test that most boats probably would not pass. However, I believe this test is more difficult to administer so they stick to the other one. That is just speculation on my part though.
Chris, I've got a db meter as does E502, same meter, and we both will be out this weekend. If need be I can drop it by Aarons shop for you to pick up and I'll get it back friom him later. Let me know.
Cool.....
Going to the Catalina Ski Race this weekend, but maybe we could test on the weekend of 7/15 ????
Leaving Havasu right now for home......
Later,
CJG

Havasu_Dreamin
07-05-2006, 01:57 PM
Cool.....
Going to the Catalina Ski Race this weekend, but maybe we could test on the weekend of 7/15 ????
Leaving Havasu right now for home......
Later,
CJG
I'll be out again the weekend of the 21-22.

SHAKEN Not Stirred
07-05-2006, 01:57 PM
Did the F&G take the reading as you were going by and base the ticket on that. Or did they retest you at the standards of the test once they had you stopped. I have followed Money and with the prop so close to the top of the water it is pretty loud even though it is an OB. It may also be a case of job justification, there are not a lot of people fishing and hunting in the 115 degree heat, and they need to keep busy somehow. When we were up over fathers day weekend we saw several boats tubing through the gorge and the LEO was not around. So what brought all of this BS on, people have been baoting on this strech of the river since the lake existed, why now?
Tested at idle at 25' from transom.....meter at about 4-5' off water....
Measured a 96 dB level....
CJG

SHAKEN Not Stirred
07-05-2006, 01:58 PM
I'll be out again the weekend of the 21-22.
OK.....I'll try to be out on that weekend.......
Thanks...
CJG

Havasu_Dreamin
07-05-2006, 02:00 PM
OK.....I'll try to be out on that weekend.......
Thanks...
CJG
Cool. If you can't make it, let me know and I'll leave the meter with Aaron. It's really nothing fancy, you can buy it at any Radio Shack.

SHAKEN Not Stirred
07-05-2006, 02:02 PM
Cool. If you can't make it, let me know and I'll leave the meter with Aaron. It's really nothing fancy, you can buy it at any Radio Shack.
HUH?.....How much are they ??......Maybe I'll pick one up.....
Are their better or worse ones for the money ??
CJG

Havasu_Dreamin
07-05-2006, 02:08 PM
HUH?.....How much are they ??......Maybe I'll pick one up.....
Are their better or worse ones for the money ??
CJG
I think it was under $50. This is the one I have. (http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103667&cp=&origkw=decibel+meter&kw=decibel+meter&parentPage=search) It was within one decibel of a meter that looked like it was more expensive.

MONEYFURNOTHIN
07-05-2006, 03:51 PM
I was quoted 86 at 50 feet was as the legal limit which i was exceeding. I would love to be tested maybe boatcop would help me out if i come down to parker. Im just curious if i actually exceed that.

Boatcop
07-05-2006, 04:02 PM
I was quoted 86 at 50 feet was as the legal limit which i was exceeding. I would love to be tested maybe boatcop would help me out if i come down to parker. Im just curious if i actually exceed that.
86 at 50 feet is the Arizona Standard. I'd be more than happy to test you, no ticket if you exceed. The offer is open to anyone. As long as you come to me. No fair bringing it up AFTER we stop you for noise. :D
I think it's funny that the folks on here don't trust a $500 certified and calibrated sound measurement instrument in the hands of a trained operator, but will rely on a $50 Radio Shack stereo balancing meter held by their buddy, who's probably never even seen one before.

Biglue
07-05-2006, 04:06 PM
86 at 50 feet is the Arizona Standard. I'd be more than happy to test you, no ticket if you exceed. The offer is open to anyone. As long as you come to me. No fair bringing it up AFTER we stop you for noise. :D
I think it's funny that the folks on here don't trust a $500 certified and calibrated sound measurement instrument in the hands of a trained operator, but will rely on a $50 Radio Shack stereo balancing meter held by their buddy, who's probably never even seen one before.
So Boatcop, once we get done testing my engine noise level, can we meter my stereo noise level too? :D. J/K.
For the record, I find BC's posts insightful as well.

Nord
07-05-2006, 04:12 PM
lol................
Good seeing you this weekend Alan.........The Eliminator comment was pretty priceless.........
~NORD~

LHC30Victory
07-05-2006, 04:14 PM
Chris, I left my Db meter at Aaron's for anyone to use. it is a decent radio shack model and is accurate to w/i 1db of others I have used....

You Te
07-05-2006, 04:40 PM
Boat Cop is OK, he is just kind of a smart ass.

You Te
07-05-2006, 04:50 PM
Here is an idea, make the wildlife go somewhere else.

You Te
07-05-2006, 04:59 PM
They want money.

You Te
07-05-2006, 05:09 PM
It might have something to do with people going to hospitals where there are doctors and millions of dollars worth of equipment and you come out worse than when you went in, or you come out dead.

Towndrunk
07-05-2006, 05:38 PM
Alan, I don't think it's the meter most people dont trust. When you see beatings by cops on tv and dirty cops in the news and firemen having sex with sheep and all they get is a slap on the wrist it seems to me that it's the system they dont trust. You just happen to be part of the system.

Havasu_Dreamin
07-05-2006, 06:22 PM
My $50 stereo balancing meter was within 1 db of a calibrated meter.

INSman
07-05-2006, 09:15 PM
Can't believe you concocted this elaborate hoax just because you didn't want to meet up in Moabi !!! :220v: :argue:

SHAKEN Not Stirred
07-05-2006, 09:24 PM
Can't believe you concocted this elaborate hoax just because you didn't want to meet up in Moabi !!! :220v: :argue:
Thanks anyway for saving me a spot !!!.... :)
Oh....and thanks for NOT inviting me to Javalina last night!!!!.... :rolleyes:
See you soon....
CJG

SHAKEN Not Stirred
07-05-2006, 09:30 PM
I may take you up on this...... :idea:
I sure wish this "Trained Operator" would have conducted the test correctly at 50', not 25'.......... :rolleyes:
Using his test procedure, he could have saved the State $450...... :idea:
Later,
CJG
:p

INSman
07-05-2006, 09:47 PM
Thanks anyway for saving me a spot !!!.... :)
Oh....and thanks for NOT inviting me to Javalina last night!!!!.... :rolleyes:
See you soon....
CJG
You have me confused with Mr. Bobbitt who was there as well and never came through on the BBQ dealio and after me tossing a good 6 lbs. or so of chicken breasts :supp:
When you headed up next, as we can't keep NOT meeting like this ??!!?? :eat:

SHAKEN Not Stirred
07-05-2006, 10:48 PM
You have me confused with Mr. Bobbitt who was there as well and never came through on the BBQ dealio and after me tossing a good 6 lbs. or so of chicken breasts :supp:
When you headed up next, as we can't keep NOT meeting like this ??!!?? :eat:
Dude!.....The Bar-B-Que was on Saturday night.....Where were you ? :idea:
Maybe in Havi the 22nd.....
Then not until after Aug 12 weekend....as this is the BIG CAT POKER RUN weekend.... :cool:
CJG

Havasu Carrera
07-16-2006, 07:57 PM
I got pulled over a few sats ago in the channel for my #'s being to hard to read!! lol
Spent 10 min looking at the tip of the officers pen only to get let go.
SOBER!! two beers as stated.
Just a few days later I am running with Shaken up river and guess what!!
YOU got pulled over for to loud!! lol (sorry)
I run a 8-71 and Lightning headers. NO muffs. Hmmmmmm
Mabye a little more research in the future??
Anyhow I do very much apreciate them getting rid of allot of the rif raff so we can have our lake back.
Why are they messing with us?? Two boats full of fun loving people cruising up the river???? Hmmmm I hardly saw the crime. Dude! lets meet up sometime!

SHAKEN Not Stirred
07-16-2006, 10:39 PM
Just a few days later I am running with Shaken up river and guess what!!
YOU got pulled over for to loud!! lol (sorry)
I run a 8-71 and Lightning headers. NO muffs.
Man!....
And I was SPANKING! you when we had to shut down !!!!!... :p
You forget the part where you "Peeled" off to the left....Smart move!!!!...and I lope past the "Fish & Lame" at 50 MPH.... :rolleyes:
Who was the "Wild" blond chick dancing on your boat at 85 MPH .... :rollside:
It was hard to focus on the driving with that distraction !!!!!! :)
Look forward to spanking you next time !!!!!! :idea:
Later,
CJG
:D

Kilrtoy
07-16-2006, 11:55 PM
You know BC I am getting sick and tired of you coming on here and being truthful and honest. :boxed: