PDA

View Full Version : School volunteer resigns

Old Texan
07-04-2006, 05:47 AM
My Resignation As Your ChildÂ’s Classroom Volunteer
Dear Parents,
I will no longer be volunteering in your childÂ’s classroom. I will not be baking cookies or spending long hours preparing special activities for your children to do. When you go to work tomorrow, I will not be sitting with your child listening to him read or work with multiplication flash cards. I have found that the children are not coming to school prepared. There is a skill which is lacking in your child that the school canÂ’t teach him: manners. I have decided that this must be a new idea because it seems many parents have not taught this skill to their children.
I see you blame your teachers and school administration for your childÂ’s performance on state required testing and I see how much the teachers exert energy on state mandated lessons when their own creativity is crowded out.
I will now be spending more time with my own great children...you know, the ones that the teachers always enjoy--the ones who are curious and polite and bring enthusiasm every day to school; The kids that respect adults. Respect for others, whether it be a teacher, a grandparent, someone servicing you, a friend or even a sibling is something that is the responsibility of the PARENT to teach to their children.
And to my nieces and nephews, the next time you think it is cute to talk back to your grandparent, you will not get any attention from me. Your cousins will not be spending as much time with you and that birthday money that you always forget to thank us for, will cease.
I will also be spending more time with my wonderful husband who works hard so I can stay home to raise our children.
So the next time you need someone to go on a field trip with your children or help with a class project, please consider doing it yourself. Maybe you will see what I mean! My children are also hurt by your children. They have to be in the same room, day in and day out with them. So consider this my formal resignation.
Good luck,
Beth

Silver
07-04-2006, 08:59 AM
So true, too many little shit's out there.....because parents are lazy!
I have 2 well behaved kids......because I spend time with and teach them right for wrong!