PDA

View Full Version : Bravo XZ toast

tatumfamily
07-04-2006, 01:23 PM
I don't know a lot about outdrives. My Bravo XZ siezed Mon. at Havasu. The top cap with the four bolts exploded. The bolts are still there, but the center blew out. The engine (Merc 500HP) died instantly. The 2hr. tow back to site 6 had a trail of gear oil the whole way. Any ideas what the hell happened? I was trimmed properly. I was doing about 65mph.

Havasu Hangin'
07-04-2006, 01:25 PM
Sounds like the upper gearset came apart.

Jyruiz
07-04-2006, 01:25 PM
Sucks to hear, did you at least have a drive shower on it?

rrrr
07-04-2006, 01:40 PM
The 2hr. tow back to site 6 had a trail of gear oil the whole way.
You should expect a greeting in the mail about this. :argue: :D
Seems like someone should produce a drive oil cooler of some sort. I guess that the oil isn't circulated in Bravo outdrives, just slung around?
Sorry you had the el explodo on the 4th of July weekend....

Quality Time
07-04-2006, 07:16 PM
trail of gear oil the whole way.
Not a good thing to admit on an open forum. You are responsible for this stuff and the environuts will get you :yuk: Sorry for your loss :cry:

deltarat
07-04-2006, 07:28 PM
I don't know a lot about outdrives. My Bravo XZ siezed Mon. at Havasu. The top cap with the four bolts exploded. The bolts are still there, but the center blew out. The engine (Merc 500HP) died instantly. The 2hr. tow back to site 6 had a trail of gear oil the whole way. Any ideas what the hell happened? I was trimmed properly. I was doing about 65mph.
Yea your boat broke :)

Phat Matt
07-04-2006, 07:36 PM
Did you happen to drop a load of tar on the 95 too? ;)

Todd969
07-04-2006, 07:47 PM
Was that the yellow and green sleek?

Hardly Satisfied
07-04-2006, 10:38 PM
now that sucks

SHAKEN Not Stirred
07-04-2006, 10:41 PM
Any ideas what the hell happened?
That was the sound of $3K or so....... :cry:

Racer277
07-05-2006, 07:29 AM
Was that the yellow and green sleek?
Did you see us towing the sleek?
They were trying to keep up with the Cat's running down river.
As they said, they were driving along, minding their own business...
BANG!
We towed them far enough to get cell service, then made sure they got picked up.
Hope you weren't the Carrera that went by and roosted us while we were hooking them up.
That was some weak shit right there...

tatumfamily
07-06-2006, 05:18 PM
Whoever that was that towed me to sell service, Thanks bro! We need more guys like you on the river, and not the idiot that roosted us!

Mrs.Racer277
07-06-2006, 05:22 PM
Whoever that was that towed me to sell service, Thanks bro! We need more guys like you on the river, and not the idiot that roosted us!
You are so very welcome. Glad we were able to help. Hope it is nothing serious with the boat.
I would love to see that Jackazz again on the water. I have a few choice words for him. :mad: It's Karma so they will get theirs.

Mrs.Racer277
07-06-2006, 05:48 PM
BTW do you have a Tatum sandcar???

Racer277
07-06-2006, 06:38 PM
That's some fockin' bullshit.
Ya Know,
I just can't figure out some people.
We're struggling to hook up the Sleek while boucing around in the middle of the river. This big V is coming up behind us, slowing. I thought maybe it was these guys buddy. He gets about 50' behind us and just stomps on it. He was maybe 15' off our port side, and roosting. Sprayed both boats, then we're battling the wake while hooking up.
As you said, you looked trimmed just fine, and you never left the water, it just let go.
We were glad to help. Even though you had about 20mph on us, you gave us plenty of room when passing. The big cats that passed ahead of you gave us much less room, even though they were probably going 30mph faster than you were. :rolleyes: