PDA

View Full Version : Topock Marina

princess
07-04-2006, 10:00 PM
I was wondering what others think about the NEW topock marina?? Like the changes?? What about the new bar ?? Or the new owner??

Kilrtoy
07-04-2006, 10:03 PM
all looks the same to me...

TRUMP TIGHT
07-04-2006, 10:03 PM
I was wondering what others think about the NEW topock marina?? Like the changes?? What about the new bar ?? Or the new owner??
Do you know the owner or something?:idea:
Havent checked it out yet so dont know.

BadKachina
07-04-2006, 10:10 PM
I like the new owner, I think he owns most of the land, the bar and whole deal. He has a trailer there, they were going to tear down everything and put up a hotel or condo's or something there, so he got a group together and bought the entire place so that nothing would change. Since then he's redone most of the docks, stairs to the bar and re-done most of the bar and resturaunt. I'm glad that he bought it and is keeping it up. I wish I remembered his name but if you go there he's the one taking the pictures and making those cool posters.

princess
07-04-2006, 11:07 PM
Know the owner yes. Feel all of the changes have needed to happen for a long time now. All have been for the better. I was just curious what other customers think. Ecspecially of the service. It is always sooo busy and crazy. AND all the girls working there asses off in the heat.

Kilrtoy
07-04-2006, 11:39 PM
stairs are a VERY NICE IMPROVEMENT
onion rings are always good

ovrkll77
07-05-2006, 12:19 AM
Know the owner yes. Feel all of the changes have needed to happen for a long time now. All have been for the better. I was just curious what other customers think. Ecspecially of the service. It is always sooo busy and crazy. AND all the girls working there asses off in the heat.
love going there, even though I always have to get up and get my own water and stuff. Why was the bar moved it was alot better when you could see the outside when you order

Riomouse911
07-05-2006, 02:04 AM
The docks are in great shape, and the ham and cheese omelette wasn't bad either. I'm glad it didn't turn into the "Best Western Topock Gorge" resort...the original stuff adds flavor to the river.

TOBTEK
07-05-2006, 05:53 AM
the only thing they really need to do is dredge the enterence from the river. All the waitress's seem cool this year.

Havasu Luvr
07-05-2006, 06:10 AM
Topock Marina has changed for the better :) Chet has done an awesome job and with Mikes help the place now has great service and food. YES ! ! the girls do work their butts off and their ALL very cute. Please give Tara a squeeze from Big Baller Digital (Dave) and let her know I'll be back soon to let her make my ride look awesome :rollside: Everytime I'm in LHC we run up river for lunch and if your lucky enough to be sitting at table #20 then the tab is on Big Baller Digital. Sometimes it KILLS my wallet....lol Some families can really eat and drink :rolleyes: Please say "Hello" to Chet, Mike and Tara for me. I highly recommend the run up river and having breakfast/lunch or dinner in Topock Marina. All the docks are new (w/no nails protuding out). Weekends they have a dock boy to run beer/ice to your boat. Service is now fast and freindly and the food is great. GREAT JOB Chet

Havasu_Dreamin
07-05-2006, 06:57 AM
I think it has changed for the better. New owner is a real nice guy and takes the time to come and talk to each table. Toby is right though, the channel in from the river could use a good dredging but I'm sure that would involve the Army Corps of Engineers and whole bunch of other Federal Agencies.....

Windy
07-05-2006, 08:13 AM
My fiance knows the owner...Hes a really nice guy. :)

MBlaster
07-05-2006, 08:28 AM
We ate lunch there a couple weeks ago. The place is in great shape and we will go back for sure.

Havasu1986
07-05-2006, 08:29 AM
Do you still need bumpers at the docks

atomickitn
07-05-2006, 09:05 AM
chet is a friend of mine and a very personel person , not to mention his family is also very nice peeps to hang out with he is also a boater ....the changes that have happened are soo good and what i hear there are a lot more to come .....he has gotten rid of some of the crappy trailers and has brought in some new ones i think he said he was renting them out for weakend use...all in all great place to hang out ....and service is always great... :cool:

Havasu Luvr
07-05-2006, 09:09 AM
Do you still need bumpers at the docks
Even though the docks are new I would always reccommend bumpers at any dock.

Havasu1986
07-05-2006, 09:13 AM
Thanks Been boating alone lately and it sucks doing everything by yourself

Havasu Luvr
07-05-2006, 09:31 AM
Thanks Been boating alone lately and it sucks doing everything by yourself
Been there, Done that :mad: ! ! ! Topock can be alittle tricky with larger boats. I have a 29' Shockwave and with alittle wind it makes it tricky let alone with the slight current running through there. All in all you will have no problems. Hopefully the end slips are open to make a solo docking alittle bit easier.

KACHINA KEN
07-05-2006, 09:43 AM
As long as they make the frozen slime I'll keep coming :)

HYPNAUTIC
07-05-2006, 09:48 AM
We like the "NEW" Topock. My wife says they have some of the best bloody marys and I like the steak sandwiches and after a long day boating they have some of the best ice water!!!
We did have 1 visit where we had really bad service (tables, yes tables, that sat down after us were served drinks and food before we even ordered our drinks, and then it took 15 minutes to get 3 waters 1 milk and a bloody mary) I walked into talk to the manager and he handled it and made the rest of visit enjoyable.
We will be there this weekend at least once if not twice a day! :)

Huckleberry
07-05-2006, 03:44 PM
Sounds lie I need to check out the new topock. If only we could get the dayum Fish Cops from writing me a noise ticket on the way there!!! Oh wait...That's a different thread!

No Regrets
07-05-2006, 03:52 PM
Way better, for sure. We've been going there 6 years and noticed right away when he took over. Came out & was very personal, took a picture , then brought it out to us. Very cool.
Bathrooms are way nicer
Food is great, especially the Onion Rings & Burgers
Mud Slides are the shiznit
Always hit the brdige swing w/ a full belly and a smile.
Tell him he's done a great job.
One thing tho, why turn the bar around so the patrons cant see the water anymore?

Pussywhippled
07-05-2006, 04:22 PM
I think the "Topock Special" (breakfast) should come with the home fries...

Windy
07-05-2006, 04:25 PM
Topock Marina is a great place to meet up with all your Hot Boat buddies to.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1932154P1020284.jpg

havaduner
07-05-2006, 05:06 PM
Been going there for years. I think Chet and crew have made some great changes! Love making that run on early Sunday mornings..........!!!!!!!!!!

Kilrtoy
07-05-2006, 05:27 PM
chet is a friend of mine :cool:
is he friends with HBJET... :boxed:
Sorry that was to easy

Windy
07-05-2006, 06:11 PM
is he friends with HBJET... :boxed:
Sorry that was to easy
You funny guy... :)

WYRD
07-05-2006, 06:24 PM
chet is a friend of mine and a very personel person , not to mention his family is also very nice peeps to hang out with he is also a boater ....the changes that have happened are soo good and what i hear there are a lot more to come .....he has gotten rid of some of the crappy trailers and has brought in some new ones i think he said he was renting them out for weakend use...all in all great place to hang out ....and service is always great... :cool:
Ya know it is a small world Bobby, my ex is living with Chets nephew Dennis. Great guy. We were just talking about this the other day.
oh and I think the new changes are great. Been there alot this season and very big difference IMO :cool:

No Name
07-05-2006, 06:28 PM
Sounds lie I need to check out the new topock. If only we could get the dayum Fish Cops from writing me a noise ticket on the way there!!! Oh wait...That's a different thread!
Topock is way cool, but it could be risky getting there lately. :rollside:

submakr
07-05-2006, 06:41 PM
We stopped there for lunch a few Saturdays ago after putting in at Needles Marina. The docks are great. We didn't have a problem finding a slip. We were there right at lunch time. It was hard seating the 6 of us inside. We found a place on the outside patio. We were served very fast and the girl was very friendly. Our food came fast also and was very good and lots of it.
It was very hot on the patio. I would recommend adding some swamp coolers for the patio. They are inexpensive and would help cool and move the air around!!

princess
07-10-2006, 11:11 AM
HEY WE LOVE THE PLACE. THE BARTENDERS MAKE A GREAT DRINK WHATEVER IT IS YOU ASK FOR
THEY KEEP THE PEACE
SERVERS ARE FRIENDLY
SWAMPERS ON PATIO HELP
DO YOU AGREE???? share your experience