PDA

View Full Version : Lucky to be alive......

Cole
07-05-2006, 08:29 AM
Yesterday at about 2:00 a seadoo with a 17 year old girl and a 21 year guy broad sided my pontoon, ripping a hole through the side. The seadoo landed in my boat nearly missing everyone inside.
She was driving and it was her first time.
We are so lucky I did not take my boys Cole and Connor 3,5 with me on this trip, thank god!
She T boned us going about 30mph and seemed like she didn't even come off the gas.
The 17 year old girl is scratched up but no major injuries. She was not drinking.
We were sitting in the lake and I had just made a comment that the lake was not crowded, except for a few seadoos when all of a sudden I hear one getting louder and louder and then the LOUDEST crash I have ever heard!!! Two people were in the water and one seemed hurt I helped her into my boat and rushed her to the beach...The whole beach was standing up, They sayed they heard from here. She was banged up, but fine. My pontoon is pretty messed up and taking in some water...but it can be repaired.
This could have been bad...Thank god everyone is fine!

My Man's Sportin' Wood
07-05-2006, 08:39 AM
Thank goodness no one was seriously hurt. Did she not see you, or what? Malfunction?

Dave C
07-05-2006, 08:43 AM
Holy shiat. if it wrecked your pontoon, I hate to see the other guy. :sqeyes: Those pontoons are hard to damage.
the lake lice were pissing me off this weekend too. I don't usually have a problem with them but a couple buzzed the tower.
good to hear no one (on your boat ;)) got hurt.

Ziggy
07-05-2006, 08:43 AM
Thank goodness no one was seriously hurt. Did she not see you, or what? Malfunction?
Her first time would probably be the right answer.......so many loose sight of the fact you need to be under power to turn them.
Sure glad everyone made it without any serious injuries......most importantly

Not So Fast
07-05-2006, 08:48 AM
Lets see here, over the 4TH holiday this is about the 5 or 6th story of PWC's wrecking or causing some kind of damage :idea: Can some kind of regulation be far behind!!! I hope so. NSF

My Man's Sportin' Wood
07-05-2006, 08:50 AM
Her first time would probably be the right answer.......so many loose sight of the fact you need to be under power to turn them.
Sure glad everyone made it without any serious injuries......most importantly
That's what I would usually think also, but he said it didn't sound like she let off the gas. Maybe it just sounded that way.

Hardly Satisfied
07-05-2006, 08:51 AM
that's good to hear that no one was hurt bad

Ziggy
07-05-2006, 08:55 AM
That's what I would usually think also, but he said it didn't sound like she let off the gas. Maybe it just sounded that way.
Probably correct to a certain degree...maybe she was having so much fun she didn't look where so was going until too late, fairly common for pwc'ers.....
Whatever the reason, she's one of the lucky ones with regard to injury...

Trailer Park Casanova
07-05-2006, 09:03 AM
Good to read no injuries.
I think a lot more of this kinda incident happens that we don't hear about.

Nord
07-05-2006, 09:33 AM
Sheeeesh!!!!!!! Glad everyone was o.k..............

RitcheyRch
07-05-2006, 09:34 AM
Thankfully no one was killed.

sea2lake
07-05-2006, 09:35 AM
I think the 21 year old guy was fiddling with the 17 year old girl, and her eyes were probable rolled up in the back off her head, thats why she didnt see the boat.

DILLIGAF
07-05-2006, 10:02 AM
Sorry to hear that and I am glad nobody was seriously hurt.