PDA

View Full Version : So. Cal club Rant!!

bear down
07-05-2006, 04:03 PM
Really hate to party at So. Cal Clubs. Wife and I thought, "Hey lets try to go to a club tonight and tear up the town". Ended up going to Sevilla's and this place stinks. They want to charge $20 bucks per person and bottle service is $200.00. Don't get me wrong, $200 bucks is cheap, but a club in Riverside really isn't worth it especially when they don't even have a VIP area, just boths mixed in with the general crowd. Club started to get good at 11p.m. and last call at 1:15a.m. Bartenders sucked...only 2 bartenders at the largest bar but charging $8 per mixed drink and $6 beers and it takes you 15 minutes to get that drink. And homies fighting outside. It's just not worth going to So. Cal clubs anymore. We've partied hard in other states/cities like Chicago, South Beach, Vegas and it's sure nice to party till the sun comes up. I.e. Crowbar in Chicago or Southbeach charges $250 for VIP service and service is endless and you have your own private area and security. Entrance is waived and music and light show are the Shiat!...Sorry for the rant, but a waste of money on Friday night!

core attitude
07-05-2006, 04:15 PM
I'm a non-drinker, what is "bottle service?"

bear down
07-05-2006, 04:25 PM
Basically you get a bottle of liquor of your choice with in that price range, usually any type of mixer (juices,red bull, soda, tonic, ice). A private VIP seating area (up to four guest per bottle), free entrance to the club, personal server. You don't have to fight for a seat with the general public, have your girl grabbed by every guy in the club and no wait for drinks.

BajaMike
07-05-2006, 04:30 PM
Lot's of Riverside people rave about the food at "Sevilla"....I went there once on a semi- blind date with a Riverside girl...I thought the food and service were horible....never been to the club....doesn't sound much better.
Clubs in general in So Cal aren't that great. And I agree, I've been to cool clubs in Chicago, Atlanta, South Beach and New Orleans, way more fun, lot's less attitude! :idea:

MagicMtnDan
07-05-2006, 04:33 PM
A co-worker of mine goes clubbing in Hollywood and hates having to go there "early" (around 9PM) just to get in. Plus, the clubs last call is about 1:15 AM so things stop relatively early.
He just came back from Chicago (his home town) and he enjoyed clubbing there a lot more because he could actually move from club-to-club - something he says you can't do here in SoCal.

NOTALENT
07-05-2006, 05:15 PM
This whole post went wrong when you mentioned CLUB & RIVERSIDE!!! :crossx: Unless its a rave or a bar no bueno....Come to Sutra or Tentation in the OC. Good times indeed.

cdog
07-05-2006, 05:48 PM
This whole post went wrong when you mentioned CLUB & RIVERSIDE!!! :crossx: Unless its a rave or a bar no bueno....Come to Sutra or Tentation in the OC. Good times indeed.
Tentation is a good place to go. There's still lot's of trolls. Sutra is full of ali G wanna be gangsetrs, same with club vegas. We won't go there anymore. We save our clubbin for Scottsdale. That place makes socal look like compton.

NOTALENT
07-05-2006, 05:52 PM
Tentation is a good place to go. There's still lot's of trolls. Sutra is full of ali G wanna be gangsetrs, same with club vegas. We won't go there anymore. We save our clubbin for Scottsdale. That place makes socal look like compton.
Haha...I dont mind sutra, but your right...haha. Havent clubbed out in Scottsdale yet. I have heard alot about it though. Maybe I will make a trip out there....Planning one for vegas @ the end of the month...hit up Body English... :crossx:

cdog
07-05-2006, 06:01 PM
Haha...I dont mind sutra, but your right...haha. Havent clubbed out in Scottsdale yet. I have heard alot about it though. Maybe I will make a trip out there....Planning one for vegas @ the end of the month...hit up Body English... :crossx:
We have'nt been to Vegas in years. Scottsdale will ruin you. You'll never want to go out around here and spend $200 to hang out with a bunch of trolls again. I was just there and they opened a new Pink taco in downtown Scottsdale. Even the 40 yr. old mom's were hot! I'm not kidding, the place is insane. :crossx:

Havasu_Dreamin
07-05-2006, 06:17 PM
$200 for anything in a club is phucking ridiculous!

SUBPRIME
07-06-2006, 08:33 AM
I could think of a few things that would be worth 200$ in a club :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

SoCalSouthpaw
07-06-2006, 12:20 PM
I would bet that any club in Riverside area is a waste of time and full of sideways hat wearin' chumps and attitudes.

little rowe boat
07-06-2006, 12:26 PM
Sevilla does have a great dinner.

little rowe boat
07-06-2006, 12:27 PM
I would bet that any club in Riverside area is a waste of time and full of sideways hat wearin' chumps and attitudes.
Anyone with an attitude like yours is probably the sideways hat wearin chump.

little rowe boat
07-06-2006, 12:31 PM
Typical clueless OC attitude. :rolleyes:

SoCalSouthpaw
07-06-2006, 12:36 PM
Anyone with an attitude like yours is probably the sideways hat wearin chump.
I knew I would get a repsonse from an ignorant ass. I just wasnt expecting it from someone that belongs to a group of professionals that I have a high degree of respect for. For the record - me giving an opinion on something doesnt have any reflection on my attitude as you so ignorantly asserted.

jasonwtc
07-06-2006, 12:38 PM
have not been to tentation yet but sutra and club vegas you have to get there early to not wait in line and i hate waiting in line but hate it worse getting there early and nobody is inside but me

little rowe boat
07-06-2006, 12:44 PM
I knew I would get a repsonse from an ignorant ass. I just wasnt expecting it from someone that belongs to a group of professionals that I have a high degree of respect for. For the record - me giving an opinion on something doesnt have any reflection on my attitude as you so ignorantly asserted.
What do expect when you insult the city I work for and live in, thus insulting me.
So from your statement you were looking for a response, but didn't think a person from my professional background would reply.
Thats IGNORANT.

SoCalSouthpaw
07-06-2006, 01:01 PM
What do expect when you insult the city I work for and live in, thus insulting me.
So from your statement you were looking for a response, but didn't think a person from my professional background would reply.
Thats IGNORANT.
Maybe you shouldnt be so thin-skinned. If someone insulted San Diego traffic and the cost of living, I sure as hell wouldnt take it as an insult to me. I would even agree with it. But, then again that or any insult against SD wouldnt ruffle my feathers one bit - a city I happen to live and work in. BTW - I wasnt 'looking' for a response. I was 'expecting' one that would merely make my point for me, just not from someone who I didnt think fell into the category I was referring to. But, I guess they come from all walks of life, as you have pointed out in your replies.

little rowe boat
07-06-2006, 01:13 PM
Maybe you shouldnt be so thin-skinned. If someone insulted San Diego traffic and the cost of living, I sure as hell wouldnt take it as an insult to me. I would even agree with it. But, then again that or any insult against SD wouldnt ruffle my feathers one bit - a city I happen to live and work in. BTW - I wasnt 'looking' for a response. I was 'expecting' one that would merely make my point for me, just not from someone who I didnt think fell into the category I was referring to. But, I guess they come from all walks of life, as you have pointed out in your replies.
There are many things I don't like about alot of places and yes San diego also. I lived there many years ago. I don't log on to insult people and where they live, so when it happens to me I tend to defend it and will continue too. You live in SD and work IN, SD. I work FOR and live in Riverside. I like it here and realize it has many faults so when individuals like you stereotype people from the IE or Riverside it does ruffle my feathers. So if that makes me thin skinned, then I am thin skinned. I guess they do come from all walks of life. Even San Diego.

CA Stu
07-06-2006, 02:04 PM
There are many things I don't like about alot of places and yes San diego also. I lived there many years ago. I don't log on to insult people and where they live, so when it happens to me I tend to defend it and will continue too. You live in SD and work IN, SD. I work FOR and live in Riverside. I like it here and realize it has many faults so when individuals like you stereotype people from the IE or Riverside it does ruffle my feathers. So if that makes me thin skinned, then I am thin skinned. I guess they do come from all walks of life. Even San Diego.
Let them think what they want, LRB. Consider the source :rolleyes:
There's enough dummies here already, I would be just fine if everyone thought Riversiders were all drunk toothless meth heads with pickups, shotguns, and pit bulls.
Thanks
CA Stu
PS The restaurant/club selection in Riverside really does blow, however. :)

little rowe boat
07-06-2006, 02:08 PM
Let them think what they want, LRB. Consider the source :rolleyes:
There's enough dummies here already, I would be just fine if everyone thought Riversiders were all drunk toothless meth heads with pickups, shotguns, and pit bulls.
Thanks
CA Stu
PS The restaurant/club selection in Riverside really does blow, however. :)
I know, sometimes it just gets under my skin.

CA Stu
07-06-2006, 02:16 PM
I know, sometimes it just gets under my skin.
My solution (http://www.***boat.com/forums/profile.php?do=addlist&userlist=ignore&u=13739)
:rollside:
Cheers
CA Stu <-- Riversider since it was 714

Kilrtoy
07-06-2006, 02:19 PM
That is why i only partake in CLUB E