PDA

View Full Version : Another Sad Day. R.I.P Patrick Grey.

NOTALENT
07-05-2006, 05:24 PM
I got a few phone calls from friends this morning saying that a buddy of mine was killed @ around 1am this morning in a car accident in Long Beach. Details are not all straight, but for the most he may have ran a red light and got clipped in the rear. He was not wearing a seat belt and was ejected from his truck. The truck rolled on top of him causing severe head trauma eventually leading to death.
It happened off of Palo Verde and Studebaker where the two rodes divide. Infront of the church. Coincedntally right infront of a good friend of mines house who heard it and went out to lend a hand, but it was to late.
A few people here may know him. He was a desert rat and loved havasu.
We will all be meeting at the Church @ Midnight to pray for him. He led a hardlife and definatley does not deserve this.
R.I.P Pat...you will be missed.

Kilrtoy
07-05-2006, 05:30 PM
Very unforuante , sad news to hear

Badger301
07-05-2006, 05:48 PM
Sad, sad news...Prayers go out to his friends and family

RitcheyRch
07-05-2006, 06:22 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and his family.

HOOTER SLED-
07-05-2006, 07:07 PM
Mrs. HERE............
I'm so sorry baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My condolences to you and his family...........call me if you need to .ok.

LAFD
07-05-2006, 07:13 PM
damn sorry brandon that sucks. my condolances to you and the family.

Biglue
07-05-2006, 07:19 PM
Sorry to hear about your bro Brandon. God bless your boy's family.

JetBoatRich
07-05-2006, 07:35 PM
Sorry to hear the news, RIP Patrick

Phat Matt
07-05-2006, 07:51 PM
Here is the article on the cbs website.
Jul 5, 2006 5:52 pm US/Pacific
2 Killed In 2 Unrelated Long Beach Crashes
(CBS) LONG BEACH, Calif. In Long Beach, two people were killed in unrelated car crashes Wednesday, police said.
At about midnight, 22-year-old Patrick Snyder, of Long Beach, was driving south on Los Coyotes Diagonal at a high speed in a white 1998 Ford Ranger pickup when he ran a red light at Studebaker Road and collided with a 1998 BMW, Long Beach police Officer Jason Wong said.
The BMW had a green light and was traveling lawfully through the intersection, Wong said.
Snyder was thrown from his pickup truck when it rolled more than once. He was not wearing a seat belt.
Officers who saw the crash gave Snyder first aid until the fire department paramedics arrived. Snyder was declared dead at a hospital.
The BMW’s driver and passenger were uninjured.
At about 6 a.m. a car went off the Long Beach (710) Freeway, landing 40 feet below behind 170 N. Pico Street, killing a man.
Police say the gray 2002 Ford Focus was driving south on the freeway and merging onto Ocean Boulevard when the driver lost control. That driver’s name was unavailable Wednesday afternoon.
Anyone with more information about either accident can call Detective David Lauro at (562) 570-7355.
(© 2006 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)

NOTALENT
07-05-2006, 08:02 PM
Thanks Matt...I was looking for that all day...but nothing was posted yet...It doesnt seem real. So many stories going around through our friends about what happened prior to it.

Phat Matt
07-05-2006, 08:06 PM
Thanks Matt...I was looking for that all day...but nothing was posted yet...It doesnt seem real. So many stories going around through our friends about what happened prior to it.
Sorry about your friend.

Tom Brown
07-05-2006, 08:12 PM
Sorry, NT. :(

SurfOnH20
07-05-2006, 08:31 PM
Sorry to hear about the bad news. Its was only made worse because he wasn't wearing a seatbelt. I am always harping on my friends to wear their seatbelts. May he rest in peace..

MagicMtnDan
07-05-2006, 08:48 PM
Sorry to hear about your friend's passing. I'm glad no one else was injured when he ran the red light.

doesitfloat?
07-05-2006, 08:49 PM
He was not wearing a seat belt and was ejected from his truck. The truck rolled on top of him causing severe head trauma eventually leading to death.
That's exactly how my mom died (except the truck was a car). One little "click" and she'd still be here.
I'm sorry for your loss, NT....as well as your friend's family.

bunny 166
07-05-2006, 08:52 PM
I'm so sorry Brandon.... :(

IN2-IN2MX
07-05-2006, 09:47 PM
That is really sad. Sorry for your loss Brandon.

NOTALENT
07-06-2006, 01:24 AM
Thanks all...Im focking losing it right now....I just got back from the memorial and was trying to be the strong person....I was for most of the night, but I got some other bad news....One of my best friends since middle school.. Overdosed last night....he was pronounced dead this morning as well. To top it off....his older brother overdosed 3 weeks ago!!!! I just broke down when I was informed about this by someone who thought I knew what happened....I lost it.......I still cant believe it....Tommorow im going to go see his mom and well....try to comfort her. This is one nightmare for me right now
I literally almost inflicted alot of pain upon someone tonight....we were having the memorial and some guy came flying around the turn where are buddy died at like 60mph...in a 40mph...zone...sharp turn...we all yelled.... about 150 people...turns out the guy came around ...got out of his car and tried to fight my buddies uncle!!! I kind of let it all out and went after him, but was stopped before I can get him....Cops came and stayed with us the rest of the night...and the cop who was first on the scene stopped by to introduce himself and tell us the Pat was a true fighter...He kept taking breath after breath as long as he could.
I still dont believe it..they were just here!!!

Hardly Satisfied
07-06-2006, 01:28 AM
Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your friends family

chub
07-06-2006, 06:24 AM
May the Lord bless and keep you and your friends in this difficult time. For yours and your familys sake, keep it together as best as you can Brandon. Peace be with you!

Mrs. Bordsmnj
07-06-2006, 06:31 AM
Sorry to hear about your losses B! Hang in there
hugs, kisses and friendship,
Linda