PDA

View Full Version : Hey!!....How come I never got the memo on...

SHAKEN Not Stirred
07-05-2006, 10:31 PM
......these things !!!!!.... :argue:
I know they might look like something you might find under your wife's sink in the bathroom, but holy shiat, a little 409 and one of these things..... :idea:
My bolsters look BRAND NEW !!!!!... :supp:
Can't wait to scrub the rest of the interrior....... :rolleyes:
"Beetlejuice" threw me one in Steamboat the other day...... :D
Who else new about this little thing ???? :confused:
Later,
CJG
:rollside:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1780Boat_Bolster_Seat_001.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1780Boat_Bolster_Seat_003.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1780Boat_Bolster_Seat_002.jpg

djunkie
07-05-2006, 10:33 PM
Thats just a generic version of Mr. Cleans Magic Eraser. Good stuff for sure.

No Name
07-05-2006, 10:39 PM
They work fantastic. :)

SHAKEN Not Stirred
07-05-2006, 10:43 PM
Yeah....Beetlejuice threw me a "REAL" one...the Magic Eraser....
My wife came back from Safeway with these, which I like a bit better.....
Man these things work great!
How bad would they mess up your gel ???... :idea:
CJG
:)

Kilrtoy
07-05-2006, 10:44 PM
start crapping in your drawers and you wont need to clean them :boxed:

INSman
07-05-2006, 10:52 PM
Yeah....Beetlejuice threw me a "REAL" one...the Magic Eraser....
My wife came back from Safeway with these, which I like a bit better.....
Man these things work great!
How bad would they mess up your gel ???... :idea:
CJG
I use them occasionally on the little bit of white gel I have, and they work pretty darn well. I would suggest following up with a vinyl protectant on the interior and some wax on the gel after all is clean. :rollside:
I also have the exhaust tip cleaining secret :)

HYPNAUTIC
07-05-2006, 10:56 PM
those are the best for cleaning rubrails also!
if your worried about using them on the gel try a spot under the boat :)

SHAKEN Not Stirred
07-06-2006, 05:21 AM
I also have the exhaust tip cleaining secret :)
Do tell?..... :idea:

GHT
07-06-2006, 05:47 AM
Been using "Magic Eraser" for two years... Kachina Ken turned us on to them.... They are the Sh1t, for sure!
Used them on my gel because the spot I needed to remove was black and scratched in (because of a snap that was rubbin'). They worked Fantastic on making the scratches as white as the rest of the undamaged gel. Put wax on the area and all was good. The scratches remain and I will need more work than I know how to do to remove them..

INSman
07-06-2006, 06:37 AM
Do tell?..... :idea:
At our reunion, I will share :)

riverracerx
07-06-2006, 06:53 AM
Chris, nice to finally meet you the other day at Steamboat. Sorry we didn't stay too long. Mommy was worried about her baby and wanted to get home to relieve gramma from her duties.
The magic eraser is the bomb! Best thing to use on the rub rail for sure. It will also work on gel, no problems. I used it to take off black scuff marks from the bimini rubbing when down. It won't scratch anything that I know of?
My trick is the sponge and the bio-degradeable Dawn for the back of the boat. I clean the whole boat, especially the back, in the channel and people look at me like I am crazy! But it won't hurt the water! makes some great suds and makes your boat (and the channel water) smell fresh and clean! You can float under the bottom and get the hard to reach spots as well. Beats doing it in the parking lot in 100+ heat.

Trailer Park Casanova
07-06-2006, 06:53 AM
They work cool when dry, but I use them with Simple Green.
WD 40 is still best for grease stains, but then sometimes the wd 40 leaves a stain of it own too.

Not So Fast
07-06-2006, 07:34 AM
I see you have the BABB (BASS) speakers in your boat and the grilles have gone to crap, sorry about that. I read up on them and they are very good speakers ? My sons recently purchased Daytona had two of them with bad grilles also. Is there no way to replace them? The grilles I mean, seem to be a all in one deal. Too bad. NSF

JetBoatRich
07-06-2006, 07:43 AM
Looks like important information :rolleyes: that should have had a memo, followed up by a metting then a conference call :mad:

Phat Matt
07-06-2006, 08:06 AM
We just use water and a rag to follow up with. I don't know how they work, but they work well.

SHAKEN Not Stirred
07-06-2006, 07:37 PM
I see you have the BABB (BASS) speakers in your boat and the grilles have gone to crap, sorry about that. I read up on them and they are very good speakers ? My sons recently purchased Daytona had two of them with bad grilles also. Is there no way to replace them? The grilles I mean, seem to be a all in one deal. Too bad. NSF
The 6x9's are Babbs and the 10" subs are Clarion Marine....
Matt made me spend a bunch of money over the Winter....
I bought two new sets of Boston Accoustics SL95 6x9's and two 12" Image Dynamics IDQ subs.....Oh.....and two new Phoenix Gold amps.....One mono block for the subs and a 4CH for the 6x9's.....
But thanks for pointing out my grills are falling apart.....
Also.....The Babb grills pop right out from the speaker..... :)
I'm going to buy all new grills from "HOLLYWOOD" at Xtreame.....
Later,
CJG

Phat Matt
07-06-2006, 07:48 PM
The 6x9's are Babbs and the 10" subs are Clarion Marine....
Matt made me spend a bunch of money over the Winter....
I bought two new sets of Boston Accoustics SL95 6x9's and two 12" Image Dynamics IDQ subs.....Oh.....and two new Phoenix Gold amps.....One mono block for the subs and a 4CH for the 6x9's.....
But thanks for pointing out my grills are falling apart.....
Also.....The Babb grills pop right out from the speaker..... :)
I'm going to buy all new grills from "HOLLYWOOD" at Xtreame.....
Later,
CJG
I had to twist your arm pretty hard too. :D

NuckinFutz
07-06-2006, 07:55 PM
Chris, the secret for exhaust tips is a little lime away for the bathroom shower. Just be careful not to get it anywhere but the tips and they shine like new almost instantly. It works great for getting that new look on the prop as well. I also have had great luck with the magic eraser getting the black 496 grime off the transom as well as the bomb for the white rubrail.