PDA

View Full Version : more on I15 - I215

LaveyJet
07-06-2006, 07:43 AM
SAN BERNARDINO — Traffic on Interstate 15 is about to become more of a nightmare.
The Devore 2 project — which will reshape pavement along the I-15/I-215 interchange and create a slow lane for trucks — is slated to begin within four weeks, California Department of Transportation announced Wednesday.
As a result of the work, each direction of I-15 will take alternate turns closing from Friday nights to Sunday afternoons, said Rose Melgoza, a Caltrans spokeswoman.
"One direction will be closed per weekend," Melgoza said. "Travelers should expect significant delays if they don't use alternate routes.
"We are advising people with travel plans to leave early, like maybe on a Thursday, and come back on a Monday," she added. About 152,000 people commute on I-15 daily.
Melgoza said the lowest bidder for the project was the San Diego-based Coffman Specialties, Inc. with a bid of $23.6 million.
Coffman proposed it could complete the project in 100 days, Melgoza said. The state estimated the project would take 210 days.
The bid package has been sent to Sacramento for review and approval. Once approved, the exact dates for the road closures and suggested alternate routes will be announced.
The project is expected to take at least nine weekends, Melgoza said.

JetBoatRich
07-06-2006, 07:47 AM
top it off with the closure of the 138 :mad: my daily commute is up over 105 miles one way to the office :mad:
I need a Helicopter :rolleyes:

Wizard29
07-06-2006, 07:57 AM
So much for coming down the hill on weekends from Oak Hills for a while...

atomickitn
07-06-2006, 08:04 AM
that's funny !! is there really an alternate route up the 15?..is she smoking crack? :crossx:

JetBoatRich
07-06-2006, 09:36 AM
there is a surface road, takes a little longer :rolleyes: not sure what it is called

Wizard29
07-06-2006, 10:20 AM
That road looks like it is called Cajon Blvd, but it only gets you up to the Cleghorn on/off ramp, I think. At the bottom, it connects with Kenwood Ave, which takes you towards Devore...

JetBoatRich
07-06-2006, 10:51 AM
That road looks like it is called Cajon Blvd, but it only gets you up to the Cleghorn on/off ramp, I think. At the bottom, it connects with Kenwood Ave, which takes you towards Devore...
that sounds like it :rolleyes: had to use it a couple times when the 15 had problems :yuk:

Kachina26
07-06-2006, 11:25 AM
Yup, old route 66 and it's no secret! I've used it only to sit for 2 hours at the 4 way stop :mad: I'm so glad I work up the hill now :D:D:D

Kilrtoy
07-06-2006, 01:21 PM
it still amazes me that people use that way to go the river

Roxysnow
07-06-2006, 02:20 PM
We would use Rice road more but it\'s an issue of safety. I trust my driving, I just don\'t trust other drivers going the opposite way! I can pull numerous threads of accidents on Rice but very few on the 40hwy. Anyways, that 10 frwy is just as bad as the 15N on any holiday weekend evening!
You can actually take Sierra Ave up to 15N, from there assuming no acciddents, it\'s 15-20 miuntes to the 215N. Then it\'s off tho the races!

djunkie
07-06-2006, 02:26 PM
We would use Rice road more but it\'s an issue of safety. I trust my driving, I just don\'t trust other drivers going the opposite way! I can pull numerous threads of accidents on Rice but very few on the 40hwy. Anyways, that 10 frwy is just as bad as the 15N on any holiday weekend evening!
You can actually take Sierra Ave up to 15N, from there assuming no acciddents, it\'s 15-20 miuntes to the 215N. Then it\'s off tho the races!
Then don't take Rice Road. Go all the way to Ehrenburg and head up the river. Its about 10 miles longer and a lot safer. But don't tell anyone else ok. :crossx:

Kilrtoy
07-06-2006, 02:29 PM
Then don't take Rice Road. Go all the way to Ehrenburg and head up the river. Its about 10 miles longer and a lot safer. But don't tell anyone else ok. :crossx:
just watch out for the dodge pulling the Blue howard at 75 :boxed:

lawbreaker2
07-06-2006, 02:34 PM
Ok, I won't tell anybody. :rolleyes:

Roxysnow
07-06-2006, 02:44 PM
Then don\'t take Rice Road. Go all the way to Ehrenburg and head up the river. Its about 10 miles longer and a lot safer. But don\'t tell anyone else ok. :crossx:
I actually like the Erenburg way! Denny\'s is always good on the way home! Always on the DL!