PDA

View Full Version : Catalina ski race

XtrmWakeborder
07-06-2006, 03:45 PM
Hey guys wheres the best place to watch the ski race on saturday. Do they still end it in the canal?
Thanks
David

h2oski2fast
07-06-2006, 03:51 PM
If you are on a boat, go just inside or outside the Queens Gate opening for the start and for the finish anchor across from the Queen Mary. If on the land, the start isn't that great but you can watch the finish from the West Coast Hotel.
I was on a Heli last year, that was definately the best seat in the house.

pixrthis
07-06-2006, 05:39 PM
The finish was at the stern of the Queen Mary last year due to shallow water in the channel, expect the same this year.

XtrmWakeborder
07-06-2006, 08:18 PM
If you are on a boat, go just inside or outside the Queens Gate opening for the start and for the finish anchor across from the Queen Mary. If on the land, the start isn't that great but you can watch the finish from the West Coast Hotel.
I was on a Heli last year, that was definately the best seat in the house.
Yah well no heli for me, i'm way too poor for that, oh and the boats too small for the ocean so i guess its by the hotel for me. Are they ever going to finish it in the channel again? That was the best because they were so close.

Riverkid
07-06-2006, 08:38 PM
Check out the forums at www.catalinaskirace.net. There is a planned Jumbotron style screen at the Coast hotel on race day with live footage from various helos. They will air this on an outdoor network channel with DVD's to be sold as well.
The runoff into the riverbed from all the rains last year has the channel low. Until it's dredged, and depending upon the tide level, the finish will be at the bow of the Queen Mary...
Have fun.

h2oski2fast
07-06-2006, 08:50 PM
No heli for me this year either.
B,
Looks like no bar, cause the guy didn't have a check for the COD order that was picked up today. :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:
I'm going to send the invoice over to Steve here in a few... I have been swamped all day, well since I got back from Havasu

Riverkid
07-07-2006, 05:34 AM
Looks like no bar, cause the guy didn't have a check for the COD order that was picked up today. :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:
I'm going to send the invoice over to Steve here in a few... I have been swamped all day, well since I got back from Havasu
I'm pretty sure my guy offered to write you a check on the spot, but you didn't have an invoice prepared... :rolleyes:
Steve will take care of you. Thanks for getting the order out quickly.
Look at you princesses. No yacht or helo, and you won't come out and play. Frigging spoiled kids! :crossx: :) :)
Not a slip to be had in LB. Going on the trailer tonight. :rolleyes: