PDA

View Full Version : Bui

pussycat
07-06-2006, 04:22 PM
A friend of mine got pulled over leaving Steamboat on Saturday. They made him blow and took him away. He's been boating on Havasu for 20 plus years, no tickets or accidents. This was a California patroll boat so they took him to needles and then released him a few hours later. His ticket says (over .08). Just trying to help him out, Does any one have any info on what the consequences are for a first timer? Any info is appreciated. :cry: :cry:

Phat Matt
07-06-2006, 04:26 PM
Probably a $1500 fine, loss of license and alcohol classes.
What was he doing to get pulled over?

riverbound
07-06-2006, 04:28 PM
You know with all these threads lately about cracking down on OUI and now seeing all thses people getting them, I am glad I quit drinking anytime I drive my boat. I have just as much fun drinking Gatorade and energy drinks. and it looks like its also saving me a ton of $$$$

CBadDad
07-06-2006, 04:35 PM
Why would you lose your license for BUI, you don't have to have a license to drive a boat?
Just curious.
Anyone?

Ziggy
07-06-2006, 04:36 PM
You know with all these threads lately about cracking down on OUI and now seeing all thses people getting them, I am glad I quit drinking anytime I drive my boat. I have just as much fun drinking Gatorade and energy drinks. and it looks like its also saving me a ton of $$$$
Bingo......we rarely have more than 2 or 3 beers on the boat total, usually because the wife might like a Corona or two during the long day...
And, I don't feel like shit at the end of the day either, still got energy to wipe down the boat nicely.

Ziggy
07-06-2006, 04:38 PM
Why would you lose your license for BUI, you don't have to have a license to drive a boat?
Just curious.
Anyone?
InterState info sharing ......

pussycat
07-06-2006, 04:43 PM
We were in my evolution pontoon boat, just pulled the anchor up and he sat in the seat and put it in gear to avoid hitting another boat because it was windy. We had idled 100 yards and I was standing in the doorway near the front winding up my anchor rope and the cops came over telling us you cant have anyone on the front of the boat while underway. I replied I am not standing on the front I was three feet back in the doorway putting my anchor away. Keep in mind there were only 4 people in the boat, no music and there was no reason to pull us over.

RitcheyRch
07-06-2006, 04:56 PM
Thankfully I dont drink either. Sure looks like it could get costly.

CBadDad
07-06-2006, 05:13 PM
InterState info sharing ......
Still doesn't make sense too me, but I'mnot that bright...

uvindex
07-06-2006, 05:25 PM
Just curious.
Anyone?I think because it (losing your license) is a punishment that will get somebody's attention (which is the intent of fines and punishments in the first place.) There doesn't necessarily need to be a connection between boating and your driver's license for the punishment to be loss of your license (kind of like you can get fined $1000 for a boating offense, but you don't need $1000 to drive the boat in the first place).
Bottom line: the legislature can pass any kind of penalty for an offense they want, and as long as it isn't ruled unconstitutional, it's good to go. :)

Phat Matt
07-06-2006, 05:55 PM
Just curious.
Anyone?
I think it's a CA dmv thing, not a SB court thing. The DMV is separate from the courts. If they are notified they can do what they want. I think.

riverbound
07-06-2006, 06:02 PM
Thankfully I dont drink either. Sure looks like it could get costly.
I drink.....just not when I am DD. Once the boat is at the dock for the night I will start drinking.

uvindex
07-06-2006, 06:18 PM
I think it's a CA dmv thing, not a SB court thing. The DMV is separate from the courts. If they are notified they can do what they want. I think.Kind of. But the DMV is still governed by laws from the same "book" (CA vehicle code, penal code, etc.) that the SB court is following. But they are different in that the DMV will do an "administrative hearing" about the loss of license while the court thing will be a real trial. :)

riverroyal
07-06-2006, 06:31 PM
cuffed on the police boat,I think I did,hell I only had one eye open....Just kidding,I did see it though

OutCole'd
07-06-2006, 07:30 PM
That sucks! I quit drinking while on the boat so far for this whole season. I don't care what anyone says, I miss it when everyone else on your baot is partying and you are the only one not laughing at everything. But in the long run, it is way worth it to me.
I know as soon as I put the boat away, I start drinking real hard to make up for lost beers.

RiverDave
07-06-2006, 07:39 PM
I think it's funny that a person can get a DUI by doing actions to avoid a collision! That's the second one I know of that's the same story. A friend of mine had a DD 2 years ago on Labor Day. The person that was the DD didn't feel comfortable pulling the boat away from the lower sandbar in Parker becuase it was high freeboard, windy day, and close proximity to other boats. The boat owner said no problemo and just backed the boat up about 20' then they changed drivers. The geniuses from San Bernadino pull them over and ask them why they changed drivers. It was explained, then they pulled said boat owner off, arrested him (even though he was BARELY, and I mean BARELY over .08) and took him to Needles where he didn't get out for like 8 hours later. All that becuase he helped to avoid a potential situation where in this (and in most cases in my opinion) a person slightly impaired with years of experience, is far more capable then a sober person with little experience. Especially when it comes to off plane driving in tight corners.
Don't believe me? View the site six thread.. Bunch of sober whack jobs running over trailers n shit.. I could be so drunk I could barely stand and put a boat on the trailer 1st time everytime.. Thankfully though, my dangerous & criminal ways have come to an end over the years, as I've come to accept that rookie DD's are somehow (in the laws eyes) safer.. So screw it I'll use them, and hopefully they won't run over some poor jetskier someday.. If they do though, well atleast they were sober right?
RD

pussycat
07-06-2006, 08:12 PM
I appreciate the info. The cops told my buddy that it does not go on your record. We are trying to figure out if they are lying or not. I am trying to get some specific information as to what can happen to him if any one has had expierence with this or knows someone who has. Thanks in advance.

3 daytona`s
07-06-2006, 08:36 PM
Just curious.
Anyone?
I`m not condoning it but has nothing to do with driving a vehicle,I`m shocked some Big Time Law Firm ha s not taken this deal on and sued the states-- Today Florida just threw out the huge tobacco judgement.Let`s get boat licencing in then if or when you do get in trouble behind the wheel in a boat THAT license is affected and not your Dentist,Med,Pharmacy,Real Estate or any other license.I`m saying some good law firm could beat this if some one wants to go that far.IMO someone is forgetting how much boaters,fishermen,hunters,Atv`s and RV`s spend in this country it`s staggering.I had to think last evening,the noise and speed thing is going to hurt the Topok Marina.

CBadDad
07-06-2006, 09:35 PM
I appreciate the info. The cops told my buddy that it does not go on your record. We are trying to figure out if they are lying or not. I am trying to get some specific information as to what can happen to him if any one has had expierence with this or knows someone who has. Thanks in advance.
In these situations, the cops are not your friend. Sure, they'll be nice to you and even say things like "I hate doing this" but in the long run, anything you say will be used against you blah blah blah. You best know your rights. In reality, they are just trying to get done with you so that they can move on to the next one.
I do not advocate drinking and driving anything. Period. My last three days on the water I put an 18 pack of silver bullets in the cooler and took a six pack home.
But to me it is frustrating as hell to see all of the ticky tack arrest made and then read the papers about the knothead who killed someone while DUI/OUI and they get slapped with a year in the can. We got this all assbackward if you ask me. Lock the stupid SOB up for life when he takes an innocent one. Unfortunately, there is money to be made off of the little guy so it doesn't appear anything is gonna change in the near future and that is too damn bad. :mad:

Kilrtoy
07-06-2006, 09:45 PM
Just curious.
Anyone?
it clearly shows that your ability to make the right decision is lacking...
Driving is a priveledge , NOT A RIGHT.
don't know if you lose your license.

acatitude
07-06-2006, 10:47 PM
i totally agree with making or not the right decision......... However as far as the letter of the law goes............ if you dont need a license to drive a boat, it doesnt seem right you may have to forfiet your cdl for a boat mishap........
so I guess if I have no drivers license, Im kinda home free if somehing happens on boat.... they cant take what i dont have.. now what?? so you get busted for bui oui or whatever and if no drivers license you pay the fine and go drive boat again........... now is that right???? then again still no drivers license, pay another fine and go drive again??? no dmv to do anything and since its not on your driving record since you dont have one where does it end??? Is there any record of how many bui yuo have had if its all computed by dmv???

Phat Matt
07-06-2006, 11:01 PM
i totally agree with making or not the right decision......... However as far as the letter of the law goes............ if you dont need a license to drive a boat, it doesnt seem right you may have to forfiet your cdl for a boat mishap........
so I guess if I have no drivers license, Im kinda home free if somehing happens on boat.... they cant take what i dont have.. now what?? so you get busted for bui oui or whatever and if no drivers license you pay the fine and go drive boat again........... now is that right???? then again still no drivers license, pay another fine and go drive again??? no dmv to do anything and since its not on your driving record since you dont have one where does it end??? Is there any record of how many bui yuo have had if its all computed by dmv???
Stop making sense. :)

DILLIGAF
07-06-2006, 11:18 PM
I am going to go get another BL :)

TRUMP TIGHT
07-06-2006, 11:18 PM
1,500 sounds about right and DUI classes are mando as soon as he pays off the class and probation they should terminate probation.

DILLIGAF
07-06-2006, 11:21 PM
1,500 sounds about right and DUI classes are mando as soon as he pays off the class and probation they should terminate probation.
Don't you need to work in the AM? Go to bed :)

No Name
07-06-2006, 11:21 PM
Is there any record of how many bui yuo have had if its all computed by dmv???
I don’t know who keeps track of it but you can bet your ass there’s a record somewhere. :cry: :cry:

TRUMP TIGHT
07-06-2006, 11:22 PM
The problem is 1st one fine and classes and probation. 2nd a little worse and if you didn't take care of the first one you now have a probation violation. 3rd one you go straight to jail for at least 6 months minus good time which varies county to county. 4th one you go to the pen, so it isn't that simple.

TRUMP TIGHT
07-06-2006, 11:23 PM
Don't you need to work in the AM? Go to bed :)
Easy day tommorrow!!!:D:D:D

acatitude
07-06-2006, 11:28 PM
The problem is 1st one fine and classes and probation. 2nd a little worse and if you didn't take care of the first one you now have a probation violation. 3rd one you go straight to jail for at least 6 months minus good time which varies county to county. 4th one you go to the pen, so it isn't that simple.
well shiat I might as well just get a drivers license now then :rolleyes:

TRUMP TIGHT
07-06-2006, 11:31 PM
well shiat I might as well just get a drivers license now then :rolleyes:
It could come in handy if you want to trailer your boat anywhere!:D:D:D

centerhill condor
07-07-2006, 03:29 AM
do the watermelon crawl! In TN BUI or OUI is strictly a boat thing.. you get banned from boat driving for 6 mos and a fine but no dmv problem.
30 years ago, dui, bui where all a big laugh. you get a ride home and the finger wag... now, the judicial system runs wild with it. maybe because cars/boats/bikes are sooo much more faster/lethal and numerous now.
Funny thing, we had a hard a$$ dui judge in Nashville killed himself in a single car dui accident and burned to death in his mustang gt conv. pillar of the community becomes pillar of fire.
justice delayed is still justice!
:cool:

Kiddunot
07-07-2006, 05:35 AM
i will stick to my ways of coming home, launching the internet browser and drinking an 18 pack while readying ***boat. As for drinking while on the boat, if i am driving the only thing i will be drinking is gatorade and water.

CBadDad
07-07-2006, 05:44 AM
That sounds good on paper (or the internet, whatever the case may be) but the jails are full of rapist, drug dealers and murderes. When was the last time anyone ever heard of someone being locked up for good because of a DUI/OUI? $hit, some lady killed a bicyclist, fled the scene, was her second or third offence and got 8 months because some bleeding heart lawyer convinced the judge she had some personal problems and "just made a mistake". Sheesh!

BoatFloating
07-07-2006, 06:43 AM
Here is the problem with this story. We have a new pontoon boat with 2 couples wakeless speed out of Steamboat and a guy standing near the front putting anchor line away. Cops say he's standing on the front which he's not it's a pontoon boat if the seats go all the way to the front then isn't the whole boat a front of the boat. This is why they pulled him over.?????
Different story if they had 20 people on the boat a 15 person beer bong, pumping music, people hanging off the side and a guy sitting up front with their feet dangling in the water doing wakeless speed.
If you haven't noticed the LE is on a major kick in Havasu and they're crossing the line of peoples rights. What was legal about that stop? He's not standing on the front of the bow and if he was I'm pretty sure the law states you can at wakeless speed. I see people on bows of the boats dancing going thru the channel and the cops don't say a word. I think Havasu City trying to pass a ordinance banning this but state law alows this I believe. But what is safer a guy putting away anchor line or a drunk chick shaking her money maker on a slippery bow of a boat with tons of boats around them in the channel.
And for you guys that say you only drink a couple beers you still be cited in AZ for impairment.
Most accidents on the water are caused by inexperianced boaters and a small % by a drunk boater.

Boatcop
07-07-2006, 06:46 AM
In AZ an OUI conviction is recorded on your driving record, but has no negative affect or impact on the actual license. It's just a way to store prior conviction information, so police and prosecutors can have ready access to previous OUI information.
The other way they're recorded is in Criminal History files (Rap Sheet) In order for domethiing to go on your criminal record, there has to be a booking in jail, fingerprints, photo, and paperwork from arrest to jail to court to DPS Records.
Some jurisdictions don't book their OUIs into jail, choosing to just cite and release, and some judges suspend all jail time, so that record doesn't get generated. We found that people were getting charged with a first offense, even though they had 3 or 4 prior OUIs. It's also impractical to run a criminal history check on every arrest.
Recording it with the Drivers License just allows us to get that iformation on the spot, so we'll know which level to charge.
As far as it affecting driving privelidges, you have to remember that for the most part Arizona and California are primarily "Trailer Boat" states. Meaning that most people launch their boats in the AM and retrieve them at the end of the day. The drunk boater than becomes a drunk driver.
That point is well made on all the DUI arrests made in Maricopa County at checkpoints set up for vehicles leaving the Lakes.

Classic Daycruiser
07-07-2006, 07:07 AM
Another angle to look at is Flying. If a person gets a DUI/OUI, it also effects that persons flying privileges.
A DUI/OUI must be reported to the FAA, although at this time, there is not a direct link between the two agencies (DMV/FAA)
Good luck with the BUI. Just hope you friend doesn't sue the owner that allowed him to operate the boat. :idea:

Jyruiz
07-07-2006, 07:11 AM
I quit drinking and boating last year (and I would only have one or two all day) and I am still having as much fun. As soon as I get to the pad though, the beers or tequila start flowing.

TRUMP TIGHT
07-07-2006, 07:33 AM
That sounds good on paper (or the internet, whatever the case may be) but the jails are full of rapist, drug dealers and murderes. When was the last time anyone ever heard of someone being locked up for good because of a DUI/OUI? $hit, some lady killed a bicyclist, fled the scene, was her second or third offence and got 8 months because some bleeding heart lawyer convinced the judge she had some personal problems and "just made a mistake". Sheesh!
I know of it on more then one occasion so yes it does happen! What you have to understand is that their are minumum sentences required by law. If you have multiple DUI's the judge will probably think your going to do it again so might as well teach you a lesson!!

CBadDad
07-07-2006, 08:30 AM
I know of it on more then one occasion so yes it does happen! What you have to understand is that their are minumum sentences required by law. If you have multiple DUI's the judge will probably think your going to do it again so might as well teach you a lesson!!
Really??? What was their sentence? 30 days? How many of that did they actually do?

Phat Matt
07-07-2006, 08:39 AM
In AZ an OUI conviction is recorded on your driving record, but has no negative affect or impact on the actual license. It's just a way to store prior conviction information, so police and prosecutors can have ready access to previous OUI information.
The other way they're recorded is in Criminal History files (Rap Sheet) In order for domethiing to go on your criminal record, there has to be a booking in jail, fingerprints, photo, and paperwork from arrest to jail to court to DPS Records.
Some jurisdictions don't book their OUIs into jail, choosing to just cite and release, and some judges suspend all jail time, so that record doesn't get generated. We found that people were getting charged with a first offense, even though they had 3 or 4 prior OUIs. It's also impractical to run a criminal history check on every arrest.
Recording it with the Drivers License just allows us to get that iformation on the spot, so we'll know which level to charge.
As far as it affecting driving privelidges, you have to remember that for the most part Arizona and California are primarily "Trailer Boat" states. Meaning that most people launch their boats in the AM and retrieve them at the end of the day. The drunk boater than becomes a drunk driver.
That point is well made on all the DUI arrests made in Maricopa County at checkpoints set up for vehicles leaving the Lakes.
What happens if you don't produce a license then, and just an ID. Do you still try to look it up to attached it to the driving record?

Boatcop
07-07-2006, 09:06 AM
What happens if you don't produce a license then, and just an ID. Do you still try to look it up to attached it to the driving record?
We run everyone for warrants and license by name and date of birth. We can get driver's info that way.
Don't think that giving a false name and DOB will fool us. If things don't check out, we can detain for as long as it takes to sufficiently identify someone. And if it turns out that we were given false info, that's a separate charge in and of itself. Class 1 misdmeanor. Max 6 months in jail, $5,000 fine.
Since boating violations are technically criminal offenses, the violator is obligated to properly identify themselves.

Phat Matt
07-07-2006, 09:11 AM
We run everyone for warrants and license by name and date of birth. We can get driver's info that way.
Don't think that giving a false name and DOB will fool us. If things don't check out, we can detain for as long as it takes to sufficiently identify someone. And if it turns out that we were given false info, that's a separate charge in and of itself. Class 1 misdmeanor. Max 6 months in jail, $5,000 fine.
Since boating violations are technically criminal offenses, the violator is obligated to properly identify themselves.
I am not saying false info, just an ID vs a license since you don't need a license to drive a boat. You still answered the question though.

TRUMP TIGHT
07-07-2006, 03:56 PM
Really??? What was their sentence? 30 days? How many of that did they actually do?
Actually one guy did 6 months which breaks down to 4 in OC and 3 months in a residential treatment facility. I believe it was his 3rd.
Im not sure about details on the others.

TRUMP TIGHT
07-07-2006, 03:59 PM
I am not saying false info, just an ID vs a license since you don't need a license to drive a boat. You still answered the question though.
I believe a state id and a license have the same number.

Phat Matt
07-07-2006, 04:23 PM
I believe a state id and a license have the same number.
Not if they are different states. Meaning a lot of people who have houses in AZ have AZ ID's and a CA DL. That is why I was asking since you don't need a DL to drive a boat.

TRUMP TIGHT
07-07-2006, 04:51 PM
Not if they are different states. Meaning a lot of people who have houses in AZ have AZ ID's and a CA DL. That is why I was asking since you don't need a DL to drive a boat.
:idea:

Boatcop
07-07-2006, 05:02 PM
Anyone who's convicted of certain traffic violations or Failures to Appear get an Arizona driving record generated. Not a license, but a record. We call the violations "Major Priors"
Criminal Speeding
DUI
No Insurance
Any FTA
etc.
For example, if you get a civil traffic ticket and don't appear the courts don't issue a warrant (only for criminal offenses), but suspend your privilege to drive in AZ. You may still have a valid license in your home state, you just can't drive legally in AZ.
If stopped while driving in AZ, it's the same as driving on a Suspended License and you go to jail.
This is where they would store info on prior OUIs for out of state residents.
And just FYI for everyone, Arizona just changed the time limits on how long a DUI stays on your record and can be used as priors. It's now 60 months (5 years) but the new law, which goes into effect in Sept, will go back 84 months (7 years). And it includes DUIs committed in other states.
OUI will still be 5 years. It was another case where the legislature "forgot" to include OUI in the DUI changes. We'll fix that next session.

Tom Brown
07-07-2006, 05:07 PM
I think it's funny that a person can get a DUI by doing actions to avoid a collision! ...............
Dave, I think you will have no problem changing the laws of California, neighboring states, USA, and all other civilized countries with your argument. It's well reasoned and extremely sensible. You're a civil rights worker and victory will be yours..... any day now. :cool:
Oh yeah...... and thanks for the signature. :D

3 daytona`s
07-07-2006, 07:50 PM
First and formost with all respect Boatcop how do you aquire the information needed?I`m asking is it a law to have an I.D. with you while boating?I`ll never agree with you that a operating violation can occur when there is no education,licencing,and testing implemented.This is the most ridiculous thing I`ve ever heard of,I read you want to get thru the legislature something or another, SIR but since all goverments tack things on bills please make sure they can back the DAMN boat straight down the ramp,just for the hell of it.Techically criminal offenses-is or isn`t no ID.Required

YeLLowBoaT
07-07-2006, 07:54 PM
First and formost with all respect Boatcop how do you aquire the information needed?I`m asking is it a law to have an I.D. with you while boating?
Well in CA if you do not have ID on you( 18+) you can be arrested for vagrancy.

Phat Matt
07-07-2006, 07:55 PM
First and formost with all respect Boatcop how do you aquire the information needed?I`m asking is it a law to have an I.D. with you while boating?I`ll never agree with you that a operating violation can occur when there is no education,licencing,and testing implemented.This is the most ridiculous thing I`ve ever heard of,I read you want to get thru the legislature something or another, SIR but since all goverments tack things on bills please make sure they can back the DAMN boat straight down the ramp,just for the hell of it.Techically criminal offenses-is or isn`t no ID.Required
So is driving a boat a right or a privilege?
I think neither. It's a skill.

3 daytona`s
07-07-2006, 08:01 PM
Well in CA if you do not have ID on you( 18+) you can be arrested for vagrancy.
I`m asking legit. questions,over 18 WHAT?

Boatcop
07-07-2006, 08:05 PM
I didn't say that you have to have an ID with you while boating. All I said is that boating violations are criminal offenses. And in the investigation of a criminal offense you are obligated to identify yourself to police. Just providing your name, date of birth, address, etc. is sufficient.
I'm not in favor of licensing for boat operation. There are too many variables in boats. If someone gets a license and is checked out on a 12 foot john boat, that doesn't mean he has the ability to operate a 35 foot muscle boat.
I am in favor of mandatory education for boaters. Taking a class so that you know the rules of the road, safe practices, what equipment is required, etc. Basically getting the answers to all the questions people are asking me, BEFORE they go boating.
We can teach courtesy on the ramp, but not how to launch or recover a boat. There are still some things that people themselves should be responsible enough to make sure they're competent in.
You can't teach common sense.

USCFAN
07-07-2006, 08:07 PM
there are definately some people that don't possess that skill.

3 daytona`s
07-07-2006, 08:18 PM
WHAT IS YOUR POINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ?????????????????????????? Is walking a right or a priviledge We could go on and on I`m asking?? education,testing,licencing or let the idiots run.Pack your shit in the boat before getting to the water,learn how to back a trailer down the ramp,be a tad courteous,may amaze you. IS IT RIGHT OR PRIVILEGE LMAO where is written I can`t DO YOU GET IT NO LICENCE.

bignet
07-07-2006, 08:21 PM
I'll second that...I've found I have just as much fun watching my crew acting like fools, as when I was one of the crazy fools. DUI's are overrated. Sorry about your partner and his DUI though. That really blows the weekend.
bignet

Phat Matt
07-07-2006, 08:23 PM
WHAT IS YOUR POINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ?????????????????????????? Is walking a right or a priviledge We could go on and on I`m asking?? education,testing,licencing or let the idiots run.Pack your shit in the boat before getting to the water,learn how to back a trailer down the ramp,be a tad courteous,may amaze you. IS IT RIGHT OR PRIVILEGE LMAO where is written I can`t DO YOU GET IT NO LICENCE.
Dude. Relax. I am agreeing with you. You don't need a DL, therefore it's not a privilege. I suppose it's a right to drive it since there is nothing saying you can't. I will still stick with it being a skill though. Anyone can drive a car, not everyone can drive a boat.

Tom Brown
07-07-2006, 08:26 PM
I am agreeing with you.
Agreeing my ass! :mad:
What the hell is with you, Matt? First, you come on here and slam 3D and now you're going on about privileges and rights. WTF? :confused:
HOW COME YOU'RE ALL UP IN OUR GRILL WITH THIS BULLSHIT? :mad:

YeLLowBoaT
07-07-2006, 08:29 PM
I`m asking legit. questions,over 18 WHAT?
Years old.

Tom Brown
07-07-2006, 08:32 PM
All I know is I'm mad as hell. :mad:

Phat Matt
07-07-2006, 08:36 PM
Agreeing my ass! :mad:
What the hell is with you, Matt? First, you come on here and slam 3D and now you're going on about privileges and rights. WTF? :confused:
HOW COME YOU'RE ALL UP IN OUR GRILL WITH THIS BULLSHIT? :mad:
WELL IT'S BECAUSE YOU DON'T NEED A LICENSE TO DRIVE A BOAT JACKASS AND YOU SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO DRINK AS MUCH AS YOU WANT IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING...RD SAID SO. :mad:

Tom Brown
07-07-2006, 08:37 PM
WELL IT'S BECAUSE YOU DON'T NEED A LICENSE TO DRIVE A BOAT JACKASS AND YOU SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO DRINK AS MUCH AS YOU WANT IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING...RD SAID SO. :mad:
It's posts like this that make me FURIOUS! :mad:
... for some reason. :idea:
Who wants some of this? :mad: :mad: :mad:
:D

Tom Brown
07-07-2006, 08:40 PM
Where's Hooli? He's always down for an ass kicking. :D

hoolign
07-07-2006, 08:40 PM
I propose a toast! ...here's to the right to post half plastered !

hoolign
07-07-2006, 08:43 PM
Here is the answer to everything! :mad:
New boat licence regs (http://www.nudisttrampolining.com/)

Tom Brown
07-07-2006, 08:44 PM
If posting half plastered is a right then posting fully plastered must be a priviledge.

hoolign
07-07-2006, 08:44 PM
You would you cocksucker....you don't drink! :mad:

hoolign
07-07-2006, 08:45 PM
If posting half plastered is a right then posting fully plastered must be a priviledge.
Privilidge my ass ..RD said so! :mad:

Tom Brown
07-07-2006, 08:46 PM
I think BoatCop leans more toward the enforcement side. Making law lies more with your elected representatives.

Tom Brown
07-07-2006, 08:47 PM
Privilidge my ass ..RD said so! :mad:
RD can lay down a better Internet slam when he's blasted out of his head than most people can when they're sober.

hoolign
07-07-2006, 08:47 PM
I think BoatCop leans more toward the enforcement side. Making law lies more with your elected representatives.
Now that right there is Gospel! can I get an AMEN!

Tom Brown
07-07-2006, 08:48 PM
That pretty much sums up boating regulation ... and gun registration in one link. :D

Phat Matt
07-07-2006, 08:48 PM
I made it to the bone-us round. :)

hoolign
07-07-2006, 08:49 PM
RD can lay down a better Internet slam when he's blasted out of his head than most people can when they're sober.
Well he types them out three days in advance and just hit's quote... cntl+V at just the right moment!

3 daytona`s
I`m not going to stress about it further I`ll agree with anyone.

Phat Matt
You Canadians just don't get it do you? :confused:
It's a goddam skill that takes practice!!! :mad:

Tom Brown
Nice job, Gladius.

hoolign
07-07-2006, 08:50 PM
That means you get two licences..1 for you ..and 1 for the DD
:rollside:

Tom Brown
07-07-2006, 08:50 PM
How about giving us a hand making a mockery of this entire thread?

Phat Matt
07-07-2006, 08:51 PM
Same goes for putting the boat on the trailer. I rest my case. :argue:

hoolign
07-07-2006, 08:51 PM
You have that right

Phat Matt
07-07-2006, 08:52 PM
That means you get two licences..1 for you ..and 1 for the DD
:rollside:
Sweet. I love Canada. Can I get free medical too? :)

Tom Brown
07-07-2006, 08:52 PM
You have that right
... as well as the priviledge to get all bent out of shape about it.

Tom Brown
07-07-2006, 08:53 PM
Can I get free medical too? :)
You want some weed for your gloucoma?

Phat Matt
How about giving us a hand making a mockery of this entire thread?
Here you go.
http://www.drjanepetro.com/images/hand1.jpg
Anything else? :D

hoolign
Sweet. I love Canada. Can I get free medical too? :)
Medical is not free..it costs me 80 bucks a month!

Phat Matt
07-07-2006, 08:54 PM
You want some weed for your gloucoma?
That depends. Can I drive my boat on it? :rollside:

Tom Brown
07-07-2006, 08:55 PM
The way to beat the Canadian system is to get so focked up with something really hard to cure that you run up unfathomable medical expenses. After that, you're playing on house money. :cool:

Phat Matt
07-07-2006, 08:56 PM
What side of the border are you on? :)

Tom Brown
07-07-2006, 08:57 PM
You can but beer and snacks aren't covered by medicare.

hoolign
07-07-2006, 08:57 PM
You would need a lotta fukkin weed..and I would suggest a good tow rope!

Tom Brown
07-07-2006, 08:58 PM
..and I would suggest a good tow rope!
... made of hemp.

Tom Brown
07-07-2006, 08:59 PM
My rage seems to have toned down a little. :idea:

Tom Brown
07-07-2006, 09:05 PM
Well he types them out three days in advance and just hit's quote... cntl+V at just the right moment!
I missed this post earlier. LMAO! :D :D :D
You guys rock. ..... when I'm not mad as hell.

Phat Matt
07-07-2006, 09:05 PM
... made of hemp.
How come you can't smoke hemp? Do drug sniffing dogs smell hemp clothes?
Maybe that is another question for boat cop. What amount of hemp clothing can you wear without being busted for trafficking?

hoolign
07-07-2006, 09:07 PM
How come you can't smoke hemp? Do drug sniffing dogs smell hemp clothes?
Maybe that is another question for boat cop. What amount of hemp clothing can you wear without being busted for trafficking?
No THC. well i shouldnt say no THC but not enough to get high. Hemp is around 0.5% and "pot" is from 4 -30 %

Tom Brown
07-07-2006, 09:08 PM
How come you can't smoke hemp?
Do you guys have hemp shops down there? We've got lots of them up here. They usually sell hemp clothes, used records and CDs, and drug paraphernalia.

Tom Brown
07-07-2006, 09:09 PM
No THC.
It's like caffeine free Coke. ... it just doesn't do it.

Phat Matt
07-07-2006, 09:13 PM
Do you guys have hemp shops down there? We've got lots of them up here. They usually sell hemp clothes, used records and CDs, and drug paraphernalia.
With some white guy with a nose piercing and dreads...yep. :)
Plus in America we have this guy.
http://hogwild.net/images/Balloons/2001.05.27/woody.harrelson-hemp-hair-piece.jpg

Phat Matt
07-07-2006, 09:15 PM
No THC. well i shouldnt say no THC but not enough to get high. Hemp is around 0.5% and "pot" is from 4 -30 %
So you just have to smoke 8 times as much. I guess you should just go buy some hemp rope. :D

Tom Brown
07-07-2006, 09:16 PM
Amen!

hoolign
07-07-2006, 09:17 PM
So you just have to smoke 8 times as much. I guess you should just go buy some hemp rope. :D
I'll stick with BC skunk weed once in a while

Tom Brown
07-07-2006, 09:24 PM
I remember this scene from Weeds... Kevin Nealon was buying some marijuana and was browsing this drug guy's wears... he said, "Do you have any more of that Stephen Hawking? I'd like to be wheeled out of here."

No Name
07-07-2006, 09:28 PM
Hell yes........ :220v:

CBadDad
07-08-2006, 07:46 AM
it clearly shows that your ability to make the right decision is lacking...
That may be the first thing that you ever said that I agree with. Not that you care. :)
I'm not in favor of licensing for boat operation. There are too many variables in boats. If someone gets a license and is checked out on a 12 foot john boat, that doesn't mean he has the ability to operate a 35 foot muscle boat.
Well it seems to workjust fine for motorcycles. :rolleyes: Some guy buys a $20K Hardley and can't pass the driving portion of the test, so he goes out and rents a Vespa and passes with flying colors. Six months later he is dead, but that's another topic...

Jafojunkie
07-09-2006, 02:48 PM
My buddy was busted at .07. He's a mexican and so its a racism issue. But he did not lose his license and had a small fine.

Tom Brown
07-09-2006, 03:03 PM
My buddy was busted at .07. He's a mexican and so its a racism issue. But he did not lose his license and had a small fine.
Yeah, you know a caucasian would never be taken in for 0.07. In fact, I'm not supposed to say anything but it's pretty rare when white people are charged at all. If the officer is white, they usually hand out a CHP coolie cup and send us on our way.

CornWater
07-09-2006, 03:21 PM
Way to make an entry with an idiotic comment... My buddy just got busted at .07 and he is white. What do you have to say about that??

Tom Brown
07-09-2006, 03:23 PM
My buddy just got busted at .07 and he is white.
Sure... but the arresting officer was Kilrtoy.

CornWater
07-09-2006, 03:24 PM
Sure... but the arresting officer was Kilrtoy.
Nevermind.... keep on keepin' on..
:)

JetBoatRich
07-09-2006, 06:01 PM
RD SAID SO. :mad:
Good enough for me :)

pussycat
07-11-2006, 06:54 PM
I appreciate all of the serious insight but I am still trying to find someone that has been given a california BUI or anybody who knows someone who has received one. I feel bad because he was driving my boat for 30 seconds while I was packing the anchor away. Does it go on your CA. driving record? What are some of the other penalties he may face? Should he get an Attourney? We feel they pulled us over for no legal reason. How can they pull us over for standing in the doorway of my pontoon boat while idling. I was not in front of the couches. They did not sight us for the reason they pulled us over. To make it worse they told me I had a .00 pass for the day and that I could drive away without testing me. What kind of sense does this make. I had more to drink then he did. Thats why I was not driving.

uvindex
07-11-2006, 07:13 PM
Does it go on your CA. driving record?"A boating under the influence conviction in California will appear as a DUI on your DMV driver record and you may lose your driver license."
(source: http://www.attorney-criminal-dui.com/dui.htm -- it's easy to find this stuff, just google boating under influence california or similar)
Should he get an Attourney?Why would he NOT get an attorney? He was arrested, right? If you don't consult an attorney after being taken to jail then when do you? :) (That's the first thing I would do if I were arrested for BUI or DUI.) If you feel he was pulled over "for no legal reason" then it sounds like you'll need AN ATTORNEY to plead your case, unless you and/or your friend have legal experience.
Good luck.

bruddah
07-11-2006, 07:36 PM
man i am glad that i have also stopped drinnking when i am driving my boat. its really not worth it and once we are back from the day and everything is parked, the real party starts!

TRUMP TIGHT
07-11-2006, 08:06 PM
man i am glad that i have also stopped drinnking when i am driving my boat. its really not worth it and once we are back from the day and everything is parked, the real party starts!
Im right there with you bruddah!

Tom Brown
07-11-2006, 08:27 PM
Kilr is the whitest guy on HB.
Good point. In fact, he's so white, I'm going to make him an honorary Canadian.

RiverDave
07-11-2006, 08:46 PM
I appreciate all of the serious insight but I am still trying to find someone that has been given a california BUI or anybody who knows someone who has received one. I feel bad because he was driving my boat for 30 seconds while I was packing the anchor away. Does it go on your CA. driving record? What are some of the other penalties he may face? Should he get an Attourney? We feel they pulled us over for no legal reason. How can they pull us over for standing in the doorway of my pontoon boat while idling. I was not in front of the couches. They did not sight us for the reason they pulled us over. To make it worse they told me I had a .00 pass for the day and that I could drive away without testing me. What kind of sense does this make. I had more to drink then he did. Thats why I was not driving.
You had a .00 pass? What does that mean? Your have a free pass to not get pulled over for the day or something?
RD

USCFAN
07-11-2006, 08:53 PM
[QUOTE=pussycat] To make it worse they told me I had a .00 pass for the day and that I could drive away without testing me. QUOTE]
:confused:

pussycat
07-11-2006, 09:05 PM
You had a .00 pass? What does that mean? Your have a free pass to not get pulled over for the day or something?
RD
Thats exactly what he said to me. Before he told me that I was getting my anchor back out that I had just put away. I was going to throw it back in the water because I didnt feel I was under the legal limit. He asked if anyone in the boat was ok to drive. Before I could answer he asked me my name and birthdate. He then told me I had a .00 pass and said I could go, with a smile. I drove back to the beachcomber and put my boat at the doc for the night.

Wicky
07-13-2006, 12:14 PM
I like the Bicycling while intoxicated the best!!!!
What a fuc.k.ing joke!!!
It's all about the money for the politicians and job security for the boatcop nazis!!!

RiverDave
07-13-2006, 01:10 PM
Thats exactly what he said to me. Before he told me that I was getting my anchor back out that I had just put away. I was going to throw it back in the water because I didnt feel I was under the legal limit. He asked if anyone in the boat was ok to drive. Before I could answer he asked me my name and birthdate. He then told me I had a .00 pass and said I could go, with a smile. I drove back to the beachcomber and put my boat at the doc for the night.
LMAO.. :D Justice at it's finest right there.. LOL
BoatCop? Kilrtoy? Slink? Anyone want to make a comment?
RD

Boatcop
07-13-2006, 02:33 PM
LMAO.. :D Justice at it's finest right there.. LOL
BoatCop? Kilrtoy? Slink? Anyone want to make a comment?
RD
Never heard of a ".00 pass."
I sure would have liked to be the Personal Injury lawyer if Pussycat had slammed into another boat on the way back to the Beachcomber. San Bernardino Co. has deep pockets.
If we release the boat to a sober person, we make damn sure they're sober and test them. Or we tow the boat in.

Boatcop
07-13-2006, 02:40 PM
It's all about the money for the politicians and job security for the boatcop nazis!!!
Quit using my name in vain! :crossx:
I would rather stop every boat on the River and catch ZERO OUIs or other violations, than stop 5 boats and get 5 arrests.
I look at the OUI laws as a deterrent, rather than a punishment. I really don't care if the boater is sober because they feel it's the right thing to do, or because they're in fear of getting caught, jailed and fined.
If it saves lives, then it's all good.

h2oski2fast
07-13-2006, 02:42 PM
Something isn't adding up here. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Deano
07-13-2006, 03:32 PM
adds up to pussycat getting the oui, bui, or whatever you call it. thank God he had a .00 pass though. :)

pussycat
07-13-2006, 04:37 PM
Nope! I didn't get one. But it sucks that my buddy got one driving my boat for 30 seconds.

Boatcop
07-13-2006, 05:02 PM
Nope! I didn't get one. But it sucks that my buddy got one driving my boat for 30 seconds.
A lot can happen in 30 seconds. Case in point:
Several years ago a guy (drunk) was trying to tie up his boat at River Reflections. He went back to the swimstep to clear a buoy he thought was going into the prop. The boat started to drift into the dock at the bow.
Wife (also drunk) takes the controls and backs down. He shouts at her and she gooses it forward. He goes off the stern. She sees that her last action is going to make the boat hit the dock, so she backs down again.
I won't go into the gory details of what happened next. We found his body about 45 seconds after we and the FD got on scene. Needless to say there was no attempt to resuscitate.
Things can happen in an instant. 30 seconds is a long long time.

uvindex
07-13-2006, 05:15 PM
Several years ago a guy (drunk) was trying to tie up his boat at River Reflections.I remember that. My buddy's place was at River Reflections and we were there that weekend. I also remember the following Thanksgiving or Christmas, there was a little basket tied to the River Reflections flag pole that said, "We miss you and love you daddy." Very, very sad.

anchorman
07-13-2006, 06:07 PM
Something isn't adding up here. :confused: :confused: :confused:
I was thinking the same thing>?

Tom Brown
07-13-2006, 06:14 PM
Case in point:
Well done. :)
Here's my case in point:
Countless accidents have been caused by traffic patrol units at road side pull-overs. This proves that it's clearly not safe. Traffic stops need to be illegal.
For those who didn't follow... my point is this: I could cite examples of people who hurt themselves breathing. Gee... let's make breating illegal.
Of course we're not going to make breathing illegal. ... and while we're using some common sense, let's jack the DUI limit to 1.5 like the good lord meant it to be.

Phat Matt
07-13-2006, 06:15 PM
Well done. :)
Here's my case in point:
Countless accidents have been caused by traffic patrol units at road side pull-overs. This proves that it's clearly not safe. Traffic stops need to be illegal.
For those who didn't follow... my point is this: I could cite examples of people who hurt themselves breathing. Gee... let's make breating illegal.
Of course we're not going to make breathing illegal. ... and while we're using some common sense, let's jack the DUI limit to 1.5 like the good lord meant it to be.
Is this RD or TB? :confused:

Tom Brown
07-13-2006, 06:16 PM
Is this RD or TB? :confused:
I'm on whichever side pisses the most people off.

Phat Matt
07-13-2006, 06:19 PM
I'm on whichever side pisses the most people off.
OH gotcha. Well speaking of the good lord. :D
http://standardcrap.apt103.net/gallery/jesus-beer.jpg

Tom Brown
07-13-2006, 06:19 PM
lmao! :D
Amen! :cool:

Phat Matt
07-13-2006, 06:21 PM
lmao! :D
Amen! :cool:
:D
Does that help?

Boatcop
07-13-2006, 06:22 PM
and while we're using some common sense, let's jack the DUI limit to 1.5 like the good lord meant it to be.
That would be a good trick.
Especially since around .45% is usually fatal.

Tom Brown
07-13-2006, 06:22 PM
Does that help?
Bless you, brother Matt.

Tom Brown
07-13-2006, 06:23 PM
Especially since around .45% is usually fatal.
... and the problem would go away. :cool:

Phat Matt
07-13-2006, 06:23 PM
Bless you, brother Matt.
Peace be with you Brother Tom. :D
http://cityrag.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/jesus_heman_joint.jpg

Tom Brown
07-13-2006, 06:31 PM
OK... how about this:
I've seen drunken idiots hastled by law enforcement. It pretty much always goes the same way. The drunk jackasses are in the cop's face about how they're not drunk and minding their own business and the officers seem to try to find a reason to cause some trouble for the beligerent jerks.
Now I'm not a cop... but I have a hunch that if someone were mildly impared.... say 0.05 or 0.06... but just shut the hell up, didn't make a big honking deal of the “YES SSSIIIRRR” shtick, and simply answered questions with brief and coherent answers... I'm inclined to think that guy would be extremely unlikely to be hastled, despite being mildly impared.
Do you suppose that's a fair asumption?
In other words, I'm thinking there is a bit of an ASSHOLE = DRUNK component to sobriety assessment.
In different words yet, I would tend to think police would be more inclined to find someone in posession of their faculties if they're calm and rational.
Do you suppose that's true?

GHT
07-13-2006, 06:36 PM
Peace be with you Brother Tom. :D
http://cityrag.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/jesus_heman_joint.jpg
Matt: Is that your table??? :rolleyes:
What brand papers is the king using? :p

sorry dog
07-13-2006, 07:01 PM
In other words, I'm thinking there is a bit of an ASSHOLE = DRUNK component to sobriety assessment.
... But I'm a fun drunk most of the time. Even when I'm pissed I'm really not.
Anyway...I thought I might want to let ya'll know I am a bonafide licensed boat driver... so that when I'm drunk as hell driving driving the pontoon down our river where there are 5 other boats total that aren't hardly ever out... I'm qualified to do so.
BTW - I don't even have to trailer it when I'm done...just ram it into the dock and call it day.