PDA

View Full Version : Used Cole Boat???

Speedin' Ian
07-06-2006, 05:42 PM
So my brother and I are looking at a 97 Nighthawk... it's a beautiful closed bow with a blown 468 and Bravo 1. The boat is very clean, but a couple things concerned me when we listened to it run. First off it had a little blow by out of the valve covers, now it had been about a year since he had it out so that may be normal. The other thing that concerned me was a sparatic clunking... I'm about 90% sure it was coming from the outdrive... probably the gimble and I think it may have been becaause the drive was trimmed a little to high, or it could be that it needs some lube... Then again it could be going out.
So what do you guys think??
Also I think I could get this thing for about 25k... I have about half that in cash. Is there anyone that would finance the rest on a nine year old boat, or would I have to use the equity line?

Speedin' Ian
07-06-2006, 08:03 PM
bump

Speedin' Ian
07-07-2006, 06:19 AM
Any suggestions? I told the guy I would have a decision today.

greyno3
07-11-2006, 04:46 PM
My buddy just paid 37k for his 97 Nighthawk last year. 502 MPI open bow.

ChumpChange
07-12-2006, 06:29 AM
Also I think I could get this thing for about 25k... I have about half that in cash. Is there anyone that would finance the rest on a nine year old boat, or would I have to use the equity line?
As long as the boat is less than 10yrs old, a major bank will finance it as a boat loan. If you have the HELOC, at least the interest is tax deductable although the rate will be going up again.