PDA

View Full Version : Trident on HD Net tonight!!!!

Froggystyle
01-07-2006, 11:05 AM
I just found out that our episode featuring a pre-production prototype of the Revolution for the HD Net show "Art Mann Presents" Premiered last night at 9:00 PT and got phenomenal response. It is airing again tonight at 10:30 ET, 7:30 Pacific on HD Net.
The show was shot in Parker, Arizona over the Labor Day 2005 holiday weekend.
Sounds like it was a hell of a show. Sorry for the late notice, I just found out myself.
Now... how do I record HD shows????

clownpuncher
01-07-2006, 11:14 AM
I'll look for it. Is it something I can tivo?

Froggystyle
01-07-2006, 11:21 AM
I'll look for it. Is it something I can tivo?
I don't know... If we can, I am going to buy one today. I know that the only people who will get it are folks with HD television service.
Tough deal, only having a demographic that has a lot of money... ;)

HCS
01-07-2006, 11:31 AM
What's HD net? I'm out of the loop on that one.

NorCal Gameshow
01-07-2006, 11:36 AM
I don't know... If we can, I am going to buy one today. I know that the only people who will get it are folks with HD television service.
Tough deal, only having a demographic that has a lot of money... ;)
if you're a direct customer
HD tivo (http://www.circuitcity.com/rpsm/oid/93509/rpem/ccd/howToGetItTab.do#tabs)

HCS
01-07-2006, 11:38 AM
if you're a direct customer
HD tivo (http://www.circuitcity.com/rpsm/oid/93509/rpem/ccd/howToGetItTab.do#tabs)
So it's Direct TV.

hoolign
01-07-2006, 11:40 AM
What's HD net? I'm out of the loop on that one.
High Definition televison.

NorCal Gameshow
01-07-2006, 11:41 AM
So it's Direct TV.
HDnet (http://www.hd.net/)

hoolign
01-07-2006, 11:41 AM
So it's Direct TV.
Its a converter inside the HDTV sets. Gives you a much better picture.

NorCal Gameshow
01-07-2006, 11:43 AM
Big Dolla toyz :D
10:30 PM ET
7:30 PM PT Art Mann Presents...
Big Dolla' Toyz - Take a look at some fun and expensive toys for the street, water, and race track. We even ride in one of them to a late night drive up boat bar.

HCS
01-07-2006, 11:56 AM
I knew it was High Def. Just never herd of HD net. :rolleyes:

Froggystyle
01-07-2006, 11:56 AM
"HD Net" is a channel owned by Mark Cuban. It was one of the first networks to broadcast in High Definition, a very clear signal sent to special TV's set up for it. The picture is six times clearer than regular broadcast TV, and more than double the resolution of a DVD. I know that Direct TV carries it, as well as Dish Network and a bunch of other providers you can find at HD Net Networks (http://www.hd.net/watch_at_home.html)
If you have HD service, you will find that you go searching for programming to watch. The picture is so amazing it is literally like looking out of a really clean window.
Art Mann, former host of E! Entertainment television's "Wild On" series left the E! Channel for HD Net, where he hosts a killer show called "Art Mann Presents". I have been freinds with Art for quite some time having shot 4 episodes of "Wild On" with him in my old boat "OTR" (Now Clownpunchers pride and joy...) Art wanted to be there on Labor Day weekend when we hit the water for the first time, and so we filmed this episode of "Big Dolla' Toys" out in Parker.
I can't wait to see it...
I am so excited.

HCS
01-07-2006, 12:00 PM
Damn! Looks like I won't be able to see it.
Technically I could. Just won't be feasible for me right now.

Froggystyle
01-07-2006, 12:11 PM
Yeah, that is going to be a common problem. The good thing about it is, that people who have HD are generally affluent, watch a lot of TV and are a great target demographic. The bad thing is, most people don't have it.
Such is life. In any case, I guess there is some great shots of the boat with phenomenal audio and picture quality. I keep hearing comments about the sound of the turbos...

phebus
01-07-2006, 12:21 PM
No soup for me. Cox doesn't carry it. :cry:

Froggystyle
01-07-2006, 12:34 PM
No soup for me. Cox doesn't carry it. :cry:
Bummer...
Anyone who is in the San Diego area that wants to watch it can come join us. We organized a pretty big party in about 12 seconds it turns out.
drop me an e-mail if you want details... wes@tridentboats.com

RiverDave
01-07-2006, 12:47 PM
I have Cox as well.. I wanted to see the episode. :(
RD

Froggystyle
01-07-2006, 01:07 PM
I have Cox as well.. I wanted to see the episode. :(
RD
Come on over...

Froggystyle
01-07-2006, 02:04 PM
HDNet is only available to DirecTV subs that also have the HD package. It's a HD only channel.
Froggy, you need a HDTivo to record nonOTA HD channels.
Not just DirecTV though, Dish network and a bunch of other HD providers too.
Not Cox though...

wsuwrhr
01-07-2006, 02:07 PM
I have Direct TV but not the HD deal.
What channel is it on so I can check if I am one of the lucky ones?
Brian

Froggystyle
01-07-2006, 02:10 PM
I have Direct TV but not the HD deal.
What channel is it on so I can check if I am one of the lucky ones?
Brian
You have to have not only an HD capable TV, but an HD receiver, dish and subscribe to the service for an additional $11 a month.
You would know if you were an HD subscriber more than likely. It is a pretty big investment in equipment to step up to HD.

HCS
01-07-2006, 02:58 PM
Ok. Now that's hammered out. Back to the show.

hoolign
01-07-2006, 02:59 PM
Ok. Now that's hammered out. Back to the show.
So are you going to watch it? :D

HCS
01-07-2006, 03:11 PM
So are you going to watch it? :D
I'll have to wait for someone to put it on CD and sell it to me. :boxed:

Squirtin Thunder
01-07-2006, 03:16 PM
NPG Cable does not have it eather, not compairing you with John West of Ultra, but his "Rock the Boat"show gets seen by trilions of views, being it is on OLN. When will it be on a reg cable deal. Out here we can not even get that kind of service. Hell we are lucky that we have cable internet !!!

Havasu1986
01-07-2006, 03:34 PM
It comes in loud and CLEAR in Yorba Linda. Cost me about $400 to have Circuit City set the Hi Def ant. and receiver.

Froggystyle
01-07-2006, 03:51 PM
NPG Cable does not have it eather, not compairing you with John West of Ultra, but his "Rock the Boat"show gets seen by trilions of views, being it is on OLN. When will it be on a reg cable deal. Out here we can not even get that kind of service. Hell we are lucky that we have cable internet !!!
We aren't really hitting the same demographic with this show...
Kind of like the Robb Report, or the DuPont Registry... Not as many readers as "People" magazine, but the average household income is greater than $250,000. Higher income demographic.
I am not trying to get our logo put on shop stools at Kragen or on shirts at Wal-Mart. We are trying to get our boats into some garages, which means getting some exposure to people with disposable personal income. HD Net has an amazing demographic, and this is our first televised event. We have quite a bright future ahead of us from a media perspective... this is just the first thing.
On that note, everyone should keep in mind that this was a pre-production prototype we shot on, and was not the finished boat. We are just finishing up right now actually.
Test ride anyone???

wsuwrhr
01-07-2006, 04:14 PM
You keep on threatening Wes,
Next time I'm down there, we are gettin wet.
Brian
We aren't really hitting the same demographic with this show...
Kind of like the Robb Report, or the DuPont Registry... Not as many readers as "People" magazine, but the average household income is greater than $250,000. Higher income demographic.
I am not trying to get our logo put on shop stools at Kragen or on shirts at Wal-Mart. We are trying to get our boats into some garages, which means getting some exposure to people with disposable personal income. HD Net has an amazing demographic, and this is our first televised event. We have quite a bright future ahead of us from a media perspective... this is just the first thing.
On that note, everyone should keep in mind that this was a pre-production prototype we shot on, and was not the finished boat. We are just finishing up right now actually.
Test ride anyone???

Squirtin Thunder
01-07-2006, 04:22 PM
Unless you live on the moon or underneath a bridge, you can get DirecTV. ;)Not here in Bullhead, hell we only have one option for phone service.

Squirtin Thunder
01-07-2006, 04:59 PM
Did Bullhead City install a shield to block satellite signals? :D
Yes I think it is some are 52 thing ???

Froggystyle
01-07-2006, 05:01 PM
Like SWB said... anywhere you can see sky in the US you can get Satellite.

ROZ
01-07-2006, 05:06 PM
Yea target demographic.. Man wants more hd channels so man with a lot of money creates his own hd channel to watch what he likes...lol.. Cuban is in his own demographic :D

Kilrtoy
01-07-2006, 05:06 PM
Like SWB said... anywhere you can see sky in the US you can get Satellite.
But what about the people who have no desire to get satellite and are happy with cable...

Squirtin Thunder
01-07-2006, 05:08 PM
But what about the people who have no desire to get satellite and are happy with cable...
The Sat service here sucks !!! So we are SOL !!!

Rexone
01-07-2006, 05:08 PM
Hell we are lucky that we have cable internet !!!
Jim you're lucky you even have electricity and running water out in that God forsaken place.
j/k :)

Rexone
01-07-2006, 05:09 PM
Well I won't be watching, I only have a VFO TV with cable.

Squirtin Thunder
01-07-2006, 05:10 PM
Jim you're lucky you even have electricity and running water out in that God forsaken place.
j/k :)
I kind of call it Clorine flowed calcium.

Froggystyle
01-07-2006, 05:14 PM
Not saying everyone will be happy with the service that HD Net provides, but I will say that the 30 people that wrote e-mails to me this morning asking for information on the boat knew that it was $169,900 and saw how it performed on HD Net last night. Not one of them had any idea what ***boat.net was though strangely enough.
I was on the phone all day with folks. It was awesome.
Relax Miguel, we will be doing something for the Playboy channel here really soon. You get that, right?

Squirtin Thunder
01-07-2006, 05:20 PM
Relax Miguel, we will be doing something for the Playboy channel here really soon. You get that, right?
Nope not here in Hell, even though we should !!!

Froggystyle
01-07-2006, 05:21 PM
Nope not here in Hell, even though we should !!!
Well then... You will have to wait around for some home videos. I don't think we will be on rabbit ears anytime soon...

Squirtin Thunder
01-07-2006, 05:24 PM
Well then... You will have to wait around for some home videos. I don't think we will be on rabbit ears anytime soon...
Why not Reg Cable ???

Squirtin Thunder
01-07-2006, 05:26 PM
Can I pick it up on my FM radio or a PRC 47 ???

Throttle
01-07-2006, 05:27 PM
cox sucks... :cry:
i would like to this...

Kilrtoy
01-07-2006, 06:17 PM
Not saying everyone will be happy with the service that HD Net provides, but I will say that the 30 people that wrote e-mails to me this morning asking for information on the boat knew that it was $169,900 and saw how it performed on HD Net last night. Not one of them had any idea what ***boat.net was though strangely enough.
No I dont get that either.....

thesunking
01-07-2006, 07:50 PM
Good segment, not sure what was better. 12 miles of sin or Parker after dark. Although, too many smileys were added for the nudity shots.

Havasu1986
01-07-2006, 08:09 PM
Now I know why we don't go to Parker. The channel looks much better after seeing that show. Sorry Trident boats they should have showed more of your boat rather then saying it costs $170 grand. It looked like some of the drunks were giving the schocker.

Wally_Gator
01-07-2006, 09:17 PM
Wes,
I like the boat... Although my wife canceled the Autotune so I missed out on the first 5 minutes. I came in right when they were showing the twin roosters from inside the boat.. Bitchen ride...

OutCole'd
01-07-2006, 09:38 PM
Great news Wes.

ROZ
01-07-2006, 10:35 PM
It looked like some of the drunks were giving the schocker.
Yea, had they been a little more sober, they sould have thrown the shocker :D

OutCole'd
01-07-2006, 10:46 PM
Yea, had they been a little more sober, they sould have thrown the shocker :D
Maybe they were schnockered.

Froggystyle
01-07-2006, 11:23 PM
Well, as BS as this is... I didn't get to see it. :cry:
Stupid sexy DirecTV had my settings wrong and I literally had every channel but 79. By the time they figured out what was wrong with my setup (1 hour on the phone with them) the show was half over with and I caught about 10 seconds of pole dancing immediately before the commercial break.
I am sure they will re-play it, and I have a HD Tivo now... Gotta look at the bright side I guess.
Thanks for watching everyone. How was it?

Froggystyle
01-07-2006, 11:25 PM
Now I know why we don't go to Parker. The channel looks much better after seeing that show. Sorry Trident boats they should have showed more of your boat rather then saying it costs $170 grand. It looked like some of the drunks were giving the schocker.
Thing is, the boat was very much pre-production at that point, and I begged him to keep the shots wide and non-specific. We still had a couple of months of development left on it, and I only went out there as a favor to Art, otherwise I never would have put it in front of the public nearly finished...
There will be other shows just on the boat, just not this one.

MagicMtnDan
01-07-2006, 11:27 PM
If this is the show:
Art Mann Presents...Arizona Adventure - Art goes on a road trip to Arizona to check out a balloon festival, top fuel boats, and, of course, the crazy nightlife.
Then it'll be on again Thu., Jan 12 - 2:30 AM ET / 11:30 PM PT
HDNet is a great channel - lots of good stuff with an amazingly clear, colorful picture (especially nice on my 64" Pioneer HDTV).

Froggystyle
01-08-2006, 01:19 AM
If this is the show:
Art Mann Presents...Arizona Adventure - Art goes on a road trip to Arizona to check out a balloon festival, top fuel boats, and, of course, the crazy nightlife.
Then it'll be on again Thu., Jan 12 - 2:30 AM ET / 11:30 PM PT
HDNet is a great channel - lots of good stuff with an amazingly clear, colorful picture (especially nice on my 64" Pioneer HDTV).
That isn't it. This one is called "Big Dolla Toys" and isn't listed again anytime soon in the schedules...
I will let everyone know for sure though..
Wes