PDA

View Full Version : XM or Sirius, which one do you like?

Dave C
07-07-2006, 12:01 PM
which one do you like and why?.....

Big Kahunaa
07-07-2006, 12:05 PM
Sirius fraction 28 great chanel

Parker Dreamin
07-07-2006, 12:08 PM
do a search on here... this comes up a couple times a month.

Not So Fast
07-07-2006, 12:10 PM
Just watched a tv dealio last nite about the two and altthough XM is bigger they said Sirius was growing at a faster rate. The guy also said that he believed in the future they would combine and become one :idea: NSF

Cat & Mice
07-07-2006, 12:23 PM
Sirius is not compressed in the low freq like XM, so Sirius has better BASS!
Also XM is not sync up like Sirius so if you have 2 xm's side by side they will have a huge delay.
I like the channels on XM better though!
MP

Phat Matt
07-07-2006, 12:26 PM
XM has better house music which I like.
Sirius has Stern which I like also.
I would pick XM though.

USCFAN
07-07-2006, 12:31 PM
I have both and XM has better channels by far.

Moabirick
07-07-2006, 12:46 PM
I have both, but if you want it for music, I think XM is far superior, blues, oldies, dance, and new hits. It seems like Sirius only has a few good variety channels. Justy my opinion. Good luck.

That Guy
07-07-2006, 12:54 PM
Sirius all the way...plus it is a much better run company with a longer term future. Take a look at MSNBC for the past few months and you will see what a tumble XM has taken. I agree that eventually (anti-trust issues aside) they will combine and become one...but if you like talk, great music and Howard...Sirius is the way to go. :)

Ziggy
07-07-2006, 01:16 PM
I sell both.....Sirius is an option for our BMW's, XM is the option in our Saab's.
I personally prefer Sirius programming better, they have NFL too :D
If I had to put a percentage on it I'd say we sell 10 sirius to 1 XM option package.

imbndvs
07-07-2006, 01:21 PM
Sirius!! I'm a huge NFL fan and I would always miss the Sunday night game driving back from Havasu, but not anymore as Sirius has all the NFL games on.

Ziggy
07-07-2006, 01:29 PM
XM, Squizz, metal 48, nascar 144 !!!! :)
Ah ha, Sirius will soon have Nascar, think they wrangled it away from XM. :D

All IN
07-07-2006, 01:38 PM
Sirius
I got in both ny cars and now in the boat.
Better sports and they got Howard Stern.

USCFAN
07-07-2006, 01:41 PM
Try to get a hold of someone at Sirius..... You will be on hold forever....

That Guy
07-07-2006, 01:54 PM
Try to get a hold of someone at Sirius..... You will be on hold forever....
That is because they are signing up subscribers at a record rate while XM has slowed. I found it frustrating when I signed up on my first radio, but now know that it will get done and I will enjoy the drive to Havi much more since I don't have to listen to 98/99 Barstow radio :)

Dave C
07-07-2006, 01:58 PM
I got XM in the boat and car and I am considering a switch.

squirt'nmyload
07-07-2006, 02:31 PM
i have xm in my truck and sirius in my work van and both in the house....music channels are better on xm but sirius is a far better choice cause of howard and NFL...figuring that i could listen to howards channels nonstop and forget about music, i'd choose sirius. unless it was just for the boat, then i'd choose XM. if you don't care about football,nascar(i'm not a big fan), or howard then pick XM....does that help???

Ziggy
07-07-2006, 02:43 PM
I have XM and like it. Plus I get to log on to XM from the computer and listen at work. I don't know if Sirrus has that, probably does. But its a good feature. I picked XM for the MLB package.Yeah, Sirius is online too....makes my day that much better. :)
You must reeeeeealy like baseball.......... :)
Another advantage, I think, is I bought a lifetime subscription to Sirius......I have no monthly bill to be concerned with....after about 2 1/2 years it will have paid for itself, then it'll basically be free for me. :p

LOWRIVER2
07-07-2006, 02:48 PM
Sirius here, less music variety but I agree on the bass: better

plaster dave
07-07-2006, 02:51 PM
Sirius great metal ch. and old school rap ch.

79Challenger
07-07-2006, 02:55 PM
SIRIUS ; because of:
crack-head bob
wendy the retard
beelte-juice
gary the retard
eric the midget
john the stutterer
high pitch eric
nicole bass
yucko the clown
bo-bo
shueley
joey boots
crazy cabbie
scotty ferrell
bubba the love sponge
sal
richard
scott the engineer
ronnie the limo driver
fred
artie
fa-fa flow-hi
robin
and howard :) is that a good of enough reason - keyes
Crazy Alice?

RitcheyRch
07-07-2006, 03:59 PM
I have XM and like it. Been with them for a few years.

Ziggy
07-07-2006, 04:35 PM
I live in Valley Center Ziggy. I don't get San Diego Channel 4 and I am inside the MLB Blackout area for all the southern CA teams. MLB won't let me see the games on MLB TV. Crappy (Staticy) FM broadcast or XM are my only choices for the Padres games.Comprende....options are good.......

My Man's Sportin' Wood
07-07-2006, 04:44 PM
We have both and have determined that if you usually listen to country western music, XM is better; if you usually listen to rock, Sirius is better.

havaduner
07-07-2006, 04:47 PM
Had XM in the truck and the boat, dont care for their music channels. Have Sirius in the house, like their music better. THEY HAVE AN ALL ELVIS CHANNEL BABY!!!! NASCAR switching to Sirius next year, switched the boat to them.

6 Dollar Boat
07-07-2006, 04:53 PM
Crazy Alice?
WHO DIS ??? Hi Fred.................

Classic Daycruiser
07-07-2006, 07:20 PM
XM also has an option that overlays on your garmin GPS that produces real live weather. Its great for flying, driving, and boating. I think it also will give traffic alerts on the highway...accidents, construction...etc...

doesitfloat?
07-07-2006, 08:42 PM
SIRIUS ; because of:
crack-head bob
wendy the retard
beelte-juice
gary the retard
eric the midget
john the stutterer
high pitch eric
nicole bass
yucko the clown
bo-bo
shueley
joey boots
crazy cabbie
scotty ferrell
bubba the love sponge
sal
richard
scott the engineer
ronnie the limo driver
fred
artie
fa-fa flow-hi
robin
What about Blue Iris?
What about the Sybian? :rollside:
Sirius all the way...I bought it for Howard but even if he died tomorrow, I'm completely won over by Sirius and their programming.

Hardly Satisfied
07-07-2006, 08:51 PM
sirius :boxed:

Napanutt
07-07-2006, 10:29 PM
octane 20 (sirius)...all the way...car,truck,house,boat...

BadKachina
07-07-2006, 10:37 PM
Crazy Alice?
who's this......... F you Artie.......
Don't forget Daniel Carter
Big Black
King of All Blacks
George Takie
Mr. Skin
and one of my favorites,
Gilbert Gottfried
Howard isn't the only reason I have Sirrius, I think the music is better than XM's. I've had both, and the rock stations are way better on Sirrius (IMO). Not to mention being able to listen to NFL games on Sunday when you are stuck in your car or boat somewhere. The only positive thing about XM to me was that the reception is better. Sirrius is hard to get inside of a building.

Jordy
07-07-2006, 11:10 PM
Also XM is not sync up like Sirius so if you have 2 xm's side by side they will have a huge delay.
I've got XM in my boat and another boat tied up with us and on the same channel it sounded like the old days of a concert arena surround. The echo was something else, even from one boat away. It would catch up a bit and get pretty close but they were never dead on.
I've got Sirrius in my truck, and as previously stated XM in the boat. I hardly listen to the XM in the boat as we tried it last season and it was the same 4 songs over and over on channel 20 or whatever the hits part of XM is. On the flip side, I've tried to listen to Stern on Sirrius when I'm in my truck and I just find him boring any more. I do dig the Hits 1, 80's 8, 90's 9, 20 thru the 23 hair nation channels. Much more music and variety.
Then again, my company truck only has terrestial and I spend most my time on Frosty, Heidi, and Frank and then Leykis. :D

JustMVG
07-08-2006, 03:34 AM
I have XM and love it
Deep Tracks, Highway 16, Nascar144, they have the IRL races on too, i like the nascar talk programs too, Squizz, Bluesville....many more but those ar my faves.

copterzach
07-08-2006, 05:52 AM
XM all the way. I have it in both trucks, my boat and a truely portable (the only units that you can listen to live broadcasts... not prerecorded like Sirius) that I use in the helicopter. Nascar, and Opie and Anthony in the morning. O&A are on XM and also have Howie's old FM station in New York after David Lee Roth sucked so bad.

jdogginla
07-08-2006, 06:20 AM
This constant question drove me nuts.........so what'd I do?
I have both of em in the truck! XM came with the truck and i added Sirius. I probably listen to them both equally.
Not sure why more people don't just solve the problem with this easy solution! LOL
Sirius - has Howard and NBA package
XM- I like their music package better and they Have the MLB package.
Either one though is better than commercial music though.

sandblasted
07-08-2006, 06:33 AM
I've listened to both but just borrowed a work truck for a trip up to Bishop last week that had a Sirius unit in it and discovered the Buzzsaw, channel 019...great classic rock that really rocks...

jtmarten
07-08-2006, 06:57 AM
XM Baby! I have the Delphi MyFi portable unit. I use it at home, in the cars, the boat and on the bike. I use it at work sometimes too, just record 5 hours of music on it at night and listen to it during the day when I'm inside and don't have a signal. The Boneyard and Squizz rock! They have a great jazz channel too. Really nice for the bike on longer rides, makes the ZX9R almost as comfortable as a cruiser (NOT!), but carving a mountain road listening to Squizz just kicks!

craiginlaverne
07-09-2006, 09:33 PM
OPIE AND ANTHONY? WTF! THEY SUCK. HOWARD WANT A BE'S. XM STATIONS SUCK. SQUIZZ IS CRAPPY. OCTAIN IS WAAAAAY BETTER. DOES XM HAVE HOWARD AND THE SIBIAN?? YOU HOWARD FANS KNOW WHAT IAM TALKING ABOUT. PLUS HOWARD GOT ALL OF HIS OLD TAPES BACK. THERE IS NO FUTURE FOR XM. THEY JUST KEEP LOWERING THEIR MONTHLY FEES TO KEEP SUBCRIBERS AND TO GET NEW ONES. I HAVE A PORTABLE UNIT THAT I PUT IN MY DELIVERY TRUCK AND MY PERSONAL TRUCK. ALSO I RIGGED IT UP TO WORK IN MY GARAGE. I CAN GO WITH THIS ALL NIGHT SOOOOOO, BYE FOR NOW!! :220v:

jojoteez
07-09-2006, 10:21 PM
Sirius - like their channel line up and now NASCAR will be part of Sirius in January.

JetBoatRich
07-10-2006, 03:33 AM
I bought XM a couple years ago and like the programming :cool:

a catered life
07-10-2006, 07:14 AM
I bought XM a couple years ago and like the programming :cool:
please keep all replies to three words sir

Trailer Park Casanova
07-10-2006, 07:31 AM
SIRIUS ; because of:
crack-head bob
wendy the retard
beelte-juice
gary the retard
eric the midget
john the stutterer
high pitch eric
nicole bass
yucko the clown
bo-bo
shueley
joey boots
crazy cabbie
scotty ferrell
bubba the love sponge
sal
richard
scott the engineer
ronnie the limo driver
fred
artie
fa-fa flow-hi
robin
Ya left out Hook Nose Mike

DILLIGAF
07-10-2006, 07:35 AM
I have been trying to get my XM signal started for a week. I have already paid and have called them twice to activate as well as twice thru the internet. Clear signal as I even pulled my boat out of the garage to make sure there were no interruptions of the signal. I am getting pissed now and the support is weak from XM. I have no idea why it will not activate :(

Sleek-Jet
07-10-2006, 08:39 AM
Sirius, had it for nearly 4 years now, won't ever go back to broadcast...
...and I heard they are supposed to get MLB in 2008, don't know if that's true or not.

C-2
07-10-2006, 08:58 AM
I listen to XM thru DirectTV and am pretty happy with Fred and Ethel; and any of the other 80's type and classic country.
I don't get the Howard hype - it's the same damn show, over and over, the same meathead type guys calling in. The show was much funnier when they acted like a bunch of highschool misfits - Bababooey was a dumbshit and not somebody important; Jackie, Fred, stuttering John - all ripping on each other - that was good listening. I am curious for a new listen though.
--
What about traffic on both - any good?
I'm about to get one, just not sure which....

That Guy
07-10-2006, 11:30 AM
[QUOTE=C-2]I don't get the Howard hype - it's the same damn show, over and over, the same meathead type guys calling in. The show was much funnier when they acted like a bunch of highschool misfits - Bababooey was a dumbshit and not somebody important; Jackie, Fred, stuttering John - all ripping on each other - that was good listening. I am curious for a new listen though.QUOTE]
I get your point...at first I wondered if I was buying Sirius just because I had been listening to Howard for so long that was what I was used to...in the latter days of his K-ROCK program, I was pretty bored by the same old thing. However, I can honestly say that he is much better on satellite. I find myself laughing outloud several times a day...and I have come to really like the programming on Sirius and am really liking Howard's program more and more... :)