PDA

View Full Version : 2004 2500HD A/C not really cold

BLOWN HOWARD
07-07-2006, 03:10 PM
Anybody else here of this dealership did an evac and recharge on the system but still not happy.

hipcash
07-07-2006, 03:15 PM
Does it get cold sometimes or is always a constent temp

BLOWN HOWARD
07-07-2006, 05:16 PM
Its the same temp most of the time. Feels kind of damp or musty and never really gets super cold like it used too.

1RVRRNR
07-07-2006, 11:32 PM
What City Are You In? Reason For Asking I Happen To Be A Owner Of A 2004 Duramax And Work For Gm. A/c Sucks At Idle You Must Be Cruising At Steady Speeds And Also Have It On Recirc And Not On Full Blast,it Will Blow The Coldest Temperatures 3 To 5 Notches

Goober
07-08-2006, 04:09 AM
what are the leaves in the system or do you enen know. How many miles are on the truck and where do you live.
I want to bet on that you have a hole in the system and you dont have any thing in the system exsept air. First check all hoses that are near moving parts. I rubbed a hole in one of the lines with my water pump because the hose was not clipped in.
I know this is not the proper way but you can just drain that bitch and refill it yourself just let it all out in to the air if there is anything in the system.
one can of oil (this is a must)
2-4 cans of that Rxxx (think is is r304 but i have not doen it in a while
and the tool/gauge to put it in and thats it.

LOWRIVER2
07-08-2006, 08:57 AM
I never liked the A/C in my 94 Z71, 98 cc dually or 01 2500HD CC. I had them all serviced by the dealer. The 94's compressor blew at 68k miles. The 01's blower motor was replaced under warranty at 60k miles. I don't know what it is but they are definately behind the curve in this area. Jump in a Ford and it is much cooler, faster. I'm not saying buy a Ford but there is a difference in this area. (I went Ford this time-I was due for a change-lol)

LOWRIVER2
07-08-2006, 08:59 AM
Damp and musty might be a sign of the interior air filter needing replacement. All post 01 GM trucks have a filter behind the glove box area that does need replacement, usually around 50k miles if I remember right.

Trailer Park Casanova
07-08-2006, 11:14 AM
If ya don't find the solution, go to to another dealer.
My 02 GMC Crew cools nicely.
Ask them to check for campaigns/service directives.
Someone posted a while back a few things that may eventually go wrong with The A/C.

BLOWN HOWARD
07-14-2006, 05:23 PM
Well the found the fan clutch bad, Cycling switch, And evaped and re-charged the a/c and it still sucks. Going back in for round two next week. Might be talking lemon law here.

MBMOSEBILT
07-14-2006, 10:27 PM
Just buy a 2006 GMC with the new LBZ DURAMAX! Now its not cheep but with the automatic climate control you will not have problem. Remember there is a reason the GMC costs a little more for the so called same truck different logo.

77charger
07-18-2006, 08:51 PM
My 04 at times has probs at idle when i first start it up on hot days.the a/c will not cycle takes a couple of minutes of steady driving.If i drive up the street it might start come to an idle it stops.Or will work fine then come to drive thru on a 100 deg day it will start to blow warm air.Taken to dealer of course to them everything is fine or it will blow cold from the start.
I also have an 05 as a work truck i can start it up on a ot day come back 3 minutes later its already gettin cold and ready to go.

djunkie
07-18-2006, 09:52 PM
Just buy a 2006 GMC with the new LBZ DURAMAX! Now its not cheep but with the automatic climate control you will not have problem. Remember there is a reason the GMC costs a little more for the so called same truck different logo.
Uh my 2005 Chevy has the automatic climate control and it will freeze your ass out of the truck even in 120 degree Havasu heat. Even My old 97 Z-71 used to freeze ours asses off. Hes got something else wrong. Evacuating the system and recharging won't solve anything if the system is leaking or has a plugged oriface. I'd keep takingit back to the dealer or try a different dealer.

BLOWN HOWARD
07-19-2006, 05:18 PM
Going back on Friday. Looks like there is some TSB's floating around that says the acumulator is bad. See what happens. Its gonnna suck the following week going to the river for a week if they cant fix it

Premix Junky
07-24-2006, 06:02 PM
Mine blows Ice cold from the start.
Problem is, after a while it kicks off and blows ambient temp air.....for just about ever.
I have found no solution. 45K truck and its 110 degrees and no AC. The only way too get it going is to shut off truck for a while, start and go.
I have tried hitting the * button, turning off and on the AC, but the AC just wont kick in. Tried all the other buttons, same thing. If you drive for a hour or so it finally does start again. By then you've died or shut her down just to get the AC back.
Is there any way to bypass this crap? I mean, if its 40 below zero and I want the AC on, I want it on.
Especially if its 110* out.
Why do they need to build trucks for lazy people and then the crap doesn't work?
Why not an Old Toyota style with a AC on or off button, and when on, it NEVER EVER kicks off unless you hit the button or turn the fan off.
I hate these lazy people vehicles. Lots of money for crap that doesnt work.
I hate that automatic lights crap too.
I want to turn on the key and start truck without the lights coming on. And Im tired of having to turn the switch to non auto each time.
Is there a way to disable all this automatic crap on these trucks?
Or a way to make the AC stay kicked in?

Danhercules
08-15-2006, 08:56 PM
There was a bulletn from GM. There are parts of the AC system that need to be replaced. I have an 04.5 and the air was not cold. Did some lookin around on www.thedieselplace.com and was told about the problem. I took it to Clyde (dieseldog) when he still worked for Cheby and he fixed it.

BLOWN HOWARD
08-16-2006, 10:43 AM
Well it seems like the acumulator fixed the problem. It's blowing really good now

evil twins
08-19-2006, 09:38 PM
the ac blowes warmer on hot days in mine when i go up long grades, but as soon as it levels out it goes cold again. its like the motor says F- you i'm tired. Ford says thats normal What Ever! :skull: :skull: :skull:

IT`SONLYMONEY
09-02-2006, 05:02 PM
I can't get cold air at all. Cool air but not cold. Been to the dealer twice - no help.

stillgoin
09-26-2006, 01:01 PM
My '06 blows out at the windshield. Thought it was on purpose, would start there and switch to dash when air cooled off. Now it is cooler outside, and it is not switching to dash...goin in on thurs.