PDA

View Full Version : Best Cell Data service in Havi?

Riveratz
07-07-2006, 06:23 PM
I know there has been a lot of discussion on Cell phone service but who has the best Data (Email & Web) service for those of us who leave the office but still have to stay in touch? I have tried Verizon and there extended service doesn't work.
Thanks in advance for your replies.

voodoomedman
07-07-2006, 07:39 PM
I know there has been a lot of discussion on Cell phone service but who has the best Data (Email & Web) service for those of us who leave the office but still have to stay in touch? I have tried Verizon and there extended service doesn't work.
Thanks in advance for your replies.That's because Mohave Wireless owns the rights to CDMA and won't let Verizon build anything so you are roaming on their network. Voice has worked great for us though since we switched. Works everywhere on the lake too. Nextel probably works great in town for Data Service. When we had Nextel it worked great in Havi just not on the lake and not in SoCal.

Jyruiz
07-07-2006, 07:42 PM
My Nextel phone and Sprint wireless card work pretty good in Havi. The Sprint card is not highspeed, as that service is not available there, but it always works and lets me get on here from there.

lalhc
07-07-2006, 07:49 PM
Nextel works great on Blackberry's for Email and Sprint works great on Treo's for both Email and Web. The EVDO cards work at the slower speed right now. Sprint just purchased the Alamosa territory which formerly owned the right to sell under the brand name, Sprint. Sprint is now in the process of expanded their high speed EVDO service to markets this year. Most current Sprint markets, including Havasu, should have high speed by early next year. PM me if you need more info. I just left Sprint/Nextel after 8 1/2 years to work on my own.