PDA

View Full Version : Theft at Nautical

hallett21
07-09-2006, 08:32 PM
K so we get to havasu a week before today and drop an anchor in front of the nautical rooms (the timshare ones) so the wind kicks up so we decide to pull the boat out of the water. we launch the next day and our $150 box anchor, chain and line is gone. The guy next to us said he thought it was stolen cause he went down looking for it. So we go and buy a new anchor and line. Drop the anchor. We head out towards the sand bar and we get back and WTF the anchor is GONE!!!! Both times the anchor was sercurely fastened to a buoy so there was no chance the line sank. we talked to the harbor master guy and he says that this is normal cuz druggies steal the anchots for easy money!! WTF!!!! i guess havasu isnt wat it used to be :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Brian
07-09-2006, 08:33 PM
Sorry to hear that but you're right, Havasu and the river aren't what they used to be. I lost a nice slalom ski out of my boat a few weeks back in front of Rotary beach...
:cry:

JB in so cal
07-09-2006, 08:34 PM
I've never heard of such a thing.................There's a Harbor master? wtf?

Jyruiz
07-09-2006, 08:37 PM
Sucks to hear, specially since it is happening more and more. Seems like we can't go a week with out somebody getting something stolen.

hallett21
07-09-2006, 08:38 PM
I've never heard of such a thing.................There's a Harbor master? wtf?
yeah go figure.... i think thats the official name for pontoon rental driver/ docker

USCFAN
07-09-2006, 08:44 PM
If its not bolted down they will probably steal it..... :mad:

Trailer Park Casanova
07-09-2006, 08:45 PM
It's a good chance it's the employees that you talk to that are involved in the thefts.
They get paid $6 bux an hour,, and can get $50 ea for the stolen anchors x 2 = double their day take home wages, hell, damn near their weeks wages.
Those A holes know who's doing the stealing, they're part of it.

TrojanDan
07-09-2006, 09:46 PM
It's a good chance it's the employees that you talk to that are involved in the thefts.
They get paid $6 bux an hour,, and can get $50 ea for the stolen anchors x 2 = double their day take home wages, hell, damn near their weeks wages.
Those A holes know who's doing the stealing, they're part of it.
Don't be so quick to judge. My friend Kenny happens to be your friendly boat rental and "Harbormaster" :D at the Nautical Inn. The guy has lived 20 plus years in LHC and makes a decent living, not the $6 "bux" you say. He would lend his last dollar to someone if they needed it.
Besides, why in the world would you leave a box anchor in the water to save your spot? Why not use a coffee cup filled with rocks or a POS anchor? :confused:

Roxysnow
07-09-2006, 09:48 PM
Why did you leave your box anchor in the water? Just because your renting a room doesn't mean your automatically reserved a specific spot on the beach all weekend? The beaches in at the Nautical are reserved for the residents at the hotel after 5pm. We have seen many boats in the cove get there props tangled in the anchor lines because peeps think they can reserve spots! This is a problem that has gone on and on at the Nuatical. Imagine if the channel was like that? Can we leave our anchors in the water 72 hours and expect no one to park there? NOT!
Sorry for your loss with both anchors to bad they couldn't have just left them on the beach if they were pissed!

DeeCandyBar
07-09-2006, 10:06 PM
Lake Tweakersu is becoming very unfriendly to people who work for their stuff and want to keep it. its another problem that the area needs to deal wtih in order to keep the quality of life acceptable.

Hardly Satisfied
07-10-2006, 01:50 AM
that sucks

Trailer Park Casanova
07-10-2006, 02:46 AM
Don't be so quick to judge. My friend Kenny happens to be your friendly boat rental and "Harbormaster" :D at the Nautical Inn. The guy has lived 20 plus years in LHC and makes a decent living, not the $6 "bux" you say. He would lend his last dollar to someone if they needed it.
Besides, why in the world would you leave a box anchor in the water to save your spot? Why not use a coffee cup filled with rocks or a POS anchor? :confused:
I take your point, and stand corrected.

JetBoatRich
07-10-2006, 03:27 AM
Unless someone is staying behind to watch everyone property :rolleyes: we always take it with us :rolleyes:

cc322
07-10-2006, 04:23 AM
K WTF!!!! i guess havasu isnt wat it used to be :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
It hasent been that way for a while.

RitcheyRch
07-10-2006, 04:35 AM
I hate thieves. This seems to be happening more and more lately. Need to start cutting off the arms of those that steal.

YODA
07-10-2006, 06:03 AM
A nice bear trap set as an anchor for one of those tweakin azzhol might deter them. I hate tweakin thieves!!!!!!

Partycattin
07-10-2006, 06:39 AM
My buddy has a place at Beachcomber. He parked his boat in a nearby cove Saturday night 7/2. Somebody actually unhooked the box anchor and line from his boat and took it.
We left our in the water at Mojave last summer and they got taken along with a bunch of other stuff.
Where do the junkies sell these things? Seems like you could go to the local swap meet and beat the crap out of anyone that has a "used" anchor for sale.

rrrr
07-10-2006, 06:46 AM
A nice bear trap set as an anchor for one of those tweakin azzhol might deter them. I hate tweakin thieves!!!!!!
LMAO, that would be a nice surprise..... :220v: :220v:

Ultracrazy
07-10-2006, 06:46 AM
Very refreshing response TPC...............

a catered life
07-10-2006, 07:00 AM
well at least my people wont get blamed for this one :p

Ziggy
07-10-2006, 07:26 AM
Thieves suck..................
I have the tendancy to not entice them by leaving stuff out and about..;)
Seems like someone would see someone walking away with an anchor and rope unless these thieves come by boat.

TrojanDan
07-10-2006, 07:30 AM
:cool:

Beautiful Noise
07-10-2006, 08:12 AM
My Buddy had his boat in a Slip in Havasu by the London Bridge acouple of weeks ago he went to use it after work untied and went to back up ..........No Reverse so he put it in Forward ....No Forward :confused: ........Lifted the Outdrive.........NO PROP :mad: wtf :mad: The "F"er had to get into the water to take it off :mad:

rrrr
07-10-2006, 08:32 AM
well at least my people wont get blamed for this one :p
:D
So no one saw a bro wearing street clothes in the water???? :p

Big Warlock
07-10-2006, 08:35 AM
Sad statement. But that's been Havasu for awhile now. Things have seriously changed. Too bad. :mad:

LOWRIVER2
07-10-2006, 09:20 AM
So I'm hanging out at the spot across from Sundance in Parker two weeks ago. I have my box anchor/buoy and sand spike all planted. I take out a buddie's kids for an hour of tubing. There's boats on either side and around 100 people on shore. I come back and the anchor/buoy is gone. I have two other boats parked next to the still in place sand spike and no one knows who took the anchor. I'm sure some puke walked up, looked around, and pulled it up like it was his. Granted I did'nt tell the girls with me to keep an eye out for the anchor (did'nt think Parker was that low brow). I stand corrected with new anchor in hand/lol.
Bad karma to that MF'er.
I talked to Gary at Spanky's the next day and they said some guys had stopped by earlier in the week trying to sell them used box anchors. They declined of course.

bchbum
07-10-2006, 10:27 AM
ingrave you boats cf#'s on your anchor , or mark it stolen from ....This might make harder for them to pawn off :crossx:

a catered life
07-10-2006, 10:38 AM
:D
So no one saw a bro wearing street clothes in the water???? :p
rotflmao...nice one :p
in havi he would have stuck out life a sore thumb :p

RitcheyRch
07-10-2006, 10:50 AM
Excellent idea.
QUOTE=bchbum]ingrave you boats cf#'s on your anchor , or mark it stolen from ....This might make harder for them to pawn off :crossx:[/QUOTE]