PDA

View Full Version : Commericals on XM??? WTF

bigblockbill
07-10-2006, 06:42 AM
I was listening to my XM radio on the way home from the lake lastnight and heard regual commericals on two different channels. This does not make me very happy, if I am going to get commericals I don't also want to be paying for them.

al cole'holic
07-10-2006, 06:47 AM
...call them up and say you want to cancel and switch to Sirius, they will cut your monthly in half to keep you..although Sirius is the shiznit :D

Jbb
07-10-2006, 06:47 AM
Yep... :mad: If you listen to 150 the comedy channel...they have blocks of commercials 5 min long ...all the time.....

blender over
07-10-2006, 06:48 AM
...call them up and say you want to cancel and switch to Sirius, they will cut your monthly in half to keep you..although Sirius is the shiznit :D
No they wont, ive already tried that. :mad:
iTS BULL SHIT i hate my XM :yuk:

al cole'holic
07-10-2006, 06:52 AM
No they wont, ive already tried that. :mad:
iTS BULL SHIT i hate my XM :yuk:
..they offered me a bunch of free months etc when I cancelled, they are getting burried. It's the "Howard Stern Effect" :)

Partycattin
07-10-2006, 06:56 AM
It is BS. I was listening to that bubble gum channel Kiss (21?).
The whole marketing around satelite radio was "Commercial free". Not that they've pulled us in, they change the rules. Total BS.

voodoomedman
07-10-2006, 07:07 AM
The whole marketing around satelite radio was "Commercial free". Not that they've pulled us in, they change the rules. Total BS.
Ummm not promoting either cuz I don't have Sat Radio but.....
Clear Channel was a major investor in XM when they started. They took XM to court and won the right to play commercials on the channels that they program. It's like 5 of them or something. XM has subsequently added 5 more non commercial channels so that there are still the same amount of non commercial channels.

blender over
07-10-2006, 07:07 AM
When i called to complain, the Lady told me it was because of (clear channel) made them do it :yuk:
Focking Clear channel :mad:

blender over
07-10-2006, 07:08 AM
Clear Channel was a major investor in XM when they started. They took XM to court and won the right to play commercials on the channels that they program. It's like 5 of them or something. XM has subsequently added 5 more non commercial channels so that there are still the same amount of non commercial channels.
Yep what he said :)

blender over
07-10-2006, 07:09 AM
They offered me 2 months free
Fock that

bigblockbill
07-10-2006, 07:43 AM
Hmmm figures... and of course the commercials are on at least 2 of the channels I like.

BoatPI
07-10-2006, 08:13 AM
They are usually on NON music channels, like 151, 121, etc. And the unit knows where u are in the country. When I was in Idaho they had truck driver recruiting spots.

Sleek-Jet
07-10-2006, 08:44 AM
Sirius is the same way... once you get out of the music channels.
Wendy the hypnossis lady get's kind of annoying when I'm listening to Raw Dog and Maxim Radio...

bigblockbill
07-10-2006, 10:50 AM
They are usually on NON music channels, like 151, 121, etc. And the unit knows where u are in the country. When I was in Idaho they had truck driver recruiting spots.
I first heard a commericial on Channel 16 (country), got pissed of and switched to either 20, 21, 26, or 46 (all music, rock or pop) and heard another... got even more pissed and unpluged it and turned on the radio.

bocco
07-10-2006, 11:44 AM
If you check the web page they advertise to be the MOST commercial free station. Not completely commercial free.
Is Serius completely commercial free?

jtmarten
07-10-2006, 06:31 PM
You'll have commercials on any of the talk stations, otherwise you'd have 5min of dead-air during those times.

Fire Angler
07-10-2006, 06:44 PM
XM will be bought up by Sirius in the near future. :cool:

upsman105
07-10-2006, 08:16 PM
IS IT?CUS IF IT IS FOCK XM i'm gone :cool:
Is Serius completely commercial free?[/QUOTE]
They are pretty much the same, subtle differences is all..

Kilrtoy
07-10-2006, 08:54 PM
Who remembers the very early 80's when cable was sold as COMMERCIAL free
that is how they got people to pay for this new service...
Now they have more commercials than regular free TV

shueman
07-11-2006, 03:19 AM
Who remembers the very early 80's when cable was sold as COMMERCIAL free
that is how they got people to pay for this new service...
Now they have more commercials than regular free TV
Yep.... ON TV :crossx: