PDA

View Full Version : Extreme Trailer issue

Ultracrazy
07-10-2006, 06:53 AM
Both of my rear wheel seals on my trailer are leaking...........trailer is about 18 months old........is it covered under warranty? And where in Havasu can I get it serviced?
Thanks.

voodoomedman
07-10-2006, 07:01 AM
Both of my rear wheel seals on my trailer are leaking...........trailer is about 18 months old........is it covered under warranty? And where in Havasu can I get it serviced?
Thanks.
I would think it's covered under warranty. Call over to Extreme and talk to Tony and ask. Also ask him if you can get it serviced out there and get reimbursed. I did this when my trailer came with those bad batch of valve stems.

partytime
07-10-2006, 07:14 AM
You should have a 5 year warranty on their trailer

LakeSnake
07-10-2006, 07:17 AM
I just discovered the same problem this weekend! My trailer is only 14 months old. I read up on the "Trailer Buddy GOLD series" warranty and it is covered for two years. The warranty does not cover normal wear and tear but this is not considered normal.
I keep my boat and trailer at Lake Havasu too. If Extreme won't cover it then I'm sure The Trailer Buddy company will (760) 744-4709.

Ultracrazy
07-10-2006, 08:33 AM
I just discovered the same problem this weekend! My trailer is only 14 months old. I read up on the "Trailer Buddy GOLD series" warranty and it is covered for two years. The warranty does not cover normal wear and tear but this is not considered normal.
I keep my boat and trailer at Lake Havasu too. If Extreme won't cover it then I'm sure The Trailer Buddy company will (760) 744-4709.
Good info guys.......thanks.

wedge44
07-10-2006, 08:45 AM
What about brakes....how long should they last....my last trailer seemed like it went 5-6 yrs before pad replacement ....new extreme is allready making grinding noises after a couple of seasons.....any info will help.....wedge

John.
07-10-2006, 08:58 AM
Thanks.
I noticed this same thing on one of my wheels this weekend too.

bignet
07-10-2006, 09:03 AM
Silly question but, if there appears to be black oil on the rim, is that a sign of leakage? Have to ask, just saw thick oily residue on left rear rim. My extreme trailer is only 14 months old.
bignet

Ultracrazy
07-10-2006, 09:18 AM
Silly question but, if there appears to be black oil on the rim, is that a sign of leakage? Have to ask, just saw thick oily residue on left rear rim. My extreme trailer is only 14 months old.
bignet
That was the first sign I saw.......then when I pulled it out of the water.....saw some greenish fluid. Then yesterday, I noticed the other wheel had some black residue.

Kilrtoy
07-10-2006, 09:56 AM
I am seeing a pattern here. I too have had my trailer for 16 months and they are leaking also.... Besides the one time trip out here, my trailer does not even have 1K in miles.....

LakeSnake
07-10-2006, 11:09 AM
bignet
The black residue is normal. It's a bad sign when you see the green oil leaking out. I know my hubs are leaking pretty bad because the inspection window is showing the hub only half full.

boatnam2
07-10-2006, 12:30 PM
same problem here.5 good wheels,one that is covered in grease.i was going to call extreme get a bearing from them and try and do it myself before i tow it all the way home to replace for free.i dont think i would tow it the way it is.i will say tony is cool i went down last month to get a new crank ass. mine stripped for some reason.was going to pay 100 bucks didnt even think about asking for a new one for free he asked me how old my trailer was when he brought it up front,i said 2 years and he gave ot to me for free.

Ultracrazy
07-10-2006, 12:40 PM
Post up Extreme.........seems like maybe a seal issue. Where in Havasu do we go to get it checked and replaced?

bignet
07-10-2006, 12:46 PM
Thanks for the input...I haven't seen any greenish fluid, but do have the black residue...it's not like brake dust, it has more of an oily texture.
bignet

bignet
07-10-2006, 12:47 PM
same problem here.5 good wheels,one that is covered in grease.i was going to call extreme get a bearing from them and try and do it myself before i tow it all the way home to replace for free.i dont think i would tow it the way it is.i will say tony is cool i went down last month to get a new crank ass. mine stripped for some reason.was going to pay 100 bucks didnt even think about asking for a new one for free he asked me how old my trailer was when he brought it up front,i said 2 years and he gave ot to me for free.
My crank is stripped as well!...the lower crank on the trailer...that's weird. Who gave you one for free?? Where??
bignet

boatnam2
07-10-2006, 02:15 PM
if it is a extreme trailer ask for tony in service he will take care of you.yea i dont know what happen to mine either i drive the boat so i dont know what the dumb asses are doing when they whinch it in.

Kilrtoy
07-10-2006, 02:19 PM
Called extreme and spoke with TONY, he is setting up an appointment for me and it wil be fixed in Havasu and under warranty

H20Advantage
07-10-2006, 02:23 PM
Called extreme and spoke with TONY, he is setting up an appointment for me and it wil be fixed in Havasu and under warranty
Who in Havasu is Extreme using for warranty repair. I've got a broken bunk and the trailer is only a year old.

Kilrtoy
07-10-2006, 02:30 PM
Who in Havasu is Extreme using for warranty repair. I've got a broken bunk and the trailer is only a year old.
I will let you know when I get the call with my appointment time

H20Advantage
07-10-2006, 03:15 PM
I will let you know when I get the call with my appointment time
Thanks..... :)

grads2112
07-10-2006, 05:27 PM
I noticed this same thing on one of my wheels this weekend too.
Just add it to your list

ultra27jay
07-10-2006, 08:47 PM
me too, my trailer is 10 months old and sits in my garage in havi.i just noticed the rear axel is got a lot of build up on the centercap all 5 other wheels seem to be pretty clean. next time out i will be checking the fluid levels.

Ultracrazy
07-11-2006, 11:41 AM
Can I get Tony's # please..........not having much luck with Dave. Is Tony in Havasu??

Kilrtoy
07-11-2006, 11:43 AM
Can I get Tony's # please..........not having much luck with Dave. Is Tony in Havasu??
951-682-5522

Ultracrazy
07-11-2006, 03:05 PM
951-682-5522
Thanks

John.
07-11-2006, 07:45 PM
I talked to Dave this morning and he told me how to fix the leak. I actually have the oil bath hubs and was leaking a little oil. it was an easy fix and only took 15 minutes or so.

RiverToysJas
07-12-2006, 05:59 PM
This has happened a couple of times on my trailer. And is happening again now on one wheel. :rolleyes:
RTJas