PDA

View Full Version : Number one quote for parent of the Year!

Brian Hatch
07-10-2006, 03:40 PM
I was at the Catalina ski race this past weekend. Great event if you get a chance next year you should go. really good time.
Anyways, Was hang'in in the pool with my family and friends haveing a good time. A five year old boy was in the pool playing next to us.
The boys mother calls for the boy and I quote says" Come over and put on your life jacket, your dad and I are going to the bar for an hour" then Looked at my wife and asked if she would keep an eye on him because he sometimes takes it off. We had never met this lady before.
Proceeded to put the life jacket on her son and heads to the bar! Everyone was shocked! We should have said something then but I think we were all shocked by what had just happened. Came back about 1 1/2 later. So if your kid ever says your the worst parent, just remember this thread! your not!!

Badger301
07-10-2006, 03:44 PM
Maybe you should've called the PD...thats child endangerment

h2oski2fast
07-10-2006, 03:46 PM
Hey Brian,
Dennis here, it was good to hang out with you guys this weekend. I'll be in touch about the bag for the intercom headsets. hit me up on email, I have a couple of questions for you.
h2oski2fast at hillbankusa dot com (normal format, this just keeps the web crawlers from grabbing my email address off the forums).
Thanks.

OCMerrill
07-10-2006, 04:17 PM
I just dig hearing about parents who should not have been.
That Bar was just so friggen important.
And to put it of on you...insane.

RitcheyRch
07-10-2006, 04:25 PM
Sad that some people can even have kids these days.

Brian Hatch
07-10-2006, 04:27 PM
Just sent you an email.
make sure that Aussie remembers what company he's sponsored by for the free cooler! Good time that's for sure

Ziggy
07-10-2006, 05:02 PM
Well I guess she did one step better than total neglect by putting on his PFD....... :rolleyes: :)
Crazy people really have a hard time prioritizing whats important......child or Drinks?....child or drinks? :idea: :idea: :idea: :crossx:

core attitude
07-10-2006, 06:21 PM
Did she bring him back a beer?

JetBoatRich
07-10-2006, 08:26 PM
Nice Story :mad: for some cool parents :yuk:

rmarion
07-10-2006, 08:35 PM
Maybe you should've called the PD...thats child endangerment
Ditto

DaveA
07-10-2006, 08:45 PM
You work cheap. I'll let you know when my kid needs a babysitter. :rollside:
I can imagine the 'deer in the headlights' look on everyone's faces when Mama pulled that stunt with you guys. I'd be speechless myself!
You need to send her a bill.
A big one.

CHEETAH24
07-11-2006, 07:07 AM
You me she didn't hand him a plugged in hair drier also? i mean she was so much into saftey and all...

superdave013
07-11-2006, 07:17 AM
The boys mother calls for the boy and I quote says" Come over and put on your life jacket, your dad and I are going to the bar for an hour" then Looked at my wife and asked if she would keep an eye on him because he sometimes takes it off. We had never met this lady before.
I would not have had any problem telling that lady "no, watch your own kid".
She should have been turned into protective services or what ever that's called. I take better care of my dogs then that.
:yuk:

Tom Brown
07-11-2006, 07:36 AM
Here's where I keep my kids when I go to the bar. The key is to put a bowl of water in with them and some lettuce, in case I don't come back for a couple of days.
http://www.jetpets.com.au/media/pics/crate07.jpg

topless
07-11-2006, 07:38 AM
My parenting instincts say that when you have your 5 year old with you, you might skip the bar just this once.Yeah, you would just lock them in the car with a movie and a gun. :crossx: