PDA

View Full Version : Now here is a real easy way to make money

H20 Toie
07-10-2006, 03:41 PM
Just print up checks and go cash them at the bank. just keep the amount just under $1,000 and start cashing them on sunday at wells fargo branches you can make thousands of dollars in one day and it works if you do it on monday too.
I hope they f in od on the stuff they buy with my money.

ChumpChange
07-10-2006, 03:45 PM
I remember catching a ring of this when I worked at Wells. Checks looked so fake it was unbelievable. Unfortunately, it WAS believable to some other branches. I was able to put a freeze on our customers account which enabled us to catch the guy at my window plus three others at other branches.

RitcheyRch
07-10-2006, 04:27 PM
Dan,
Hopefully Wells Fargo gives you your money back. I had an ex gf steal my ATM many many years ago and Wells refunded all my money.

Rexone
07-10-2006, 04:35 PM
Someone forged some checks on my WF account a few years ago.
The bank handled it immediately and refunded all my money. Fortunately (or not depending on how you look at it) I didn't have a large balance so the forged checks started bouncing lol. Unfortunately so did some of my real ones.

H20 Toie
07-10-2006, 04:36 PM
Well they arrested one of the people but there are quite a few people that made a few thousand dollars this week. yep i should get the money back someday

ChumpChange
07-10-2006, 04:45 PM
When you think about it, it really is a great way to make money. Even if you get caught, they don't throw you in jail for very long if at all.
A lady came in a withdrew about $87,000 out of a customers account via two cashiers checks, one of the two checks being to a check cashing company(why the banker didn't catch this? I don't know). It was somewhat funny she got away with this seeing as the picture on the AZ drivers license she provided was the same picture on the wanted poster of her in the back.
Fast forward two years.....
I happen to be in the same San Dimas branch. A teller calls me over for an approval. I didn't recognize the lady but I did recognize the picture on her CA drivers license.....the same as on the wanted poster, although the wanted poster was no longer around. I just remembered it since I was working that branch when the previous fraud happened.
I stalled her for as long as I could and she finally took off running. I followed her into the parking lot, across Arrow Hwy, to another parking lot until the sherrifs finally showed up.
I testified against her in court after the total amount she had defrauded Wells Fargo for was some $450,000. This is just Wells that I know of, not any other banks.
She got five years probation. That's it.

RitcheyRch
07-10-2006, 04:45 PM
Glad they caught one of the scumbags. Did this happen in Castaic?

rerfert
07-10-2006, 04:53 PM
Thiefs :mad:
You have my permission to take a baseball bat to them untill they give up the others :crossx: If that doesn't work you get a free workout and dont need to hit the gym today.

imbndvs
07-10-2006, 04:56 PM
I am so tired of these scumbags stealing from hardworking HONEST people!!! I just got a call from my bank an hour ago and someone got my credit card number and was using it to have a good time. The bank shut down the card before they did too much damage and called me. :mad: :mad: :mad:

RitcheyRch
07-10-2006, 06:25 PM
This stuff seems to be happening more and more lately.

USCFAN
07-10-2006, 06:40 PM
That blows.. The harder you work to make it the harder someone is working to take it away from you... :mad:

myoung
07-10-2006, 06:46 PM
We just recently got hit with a credit card bill for an account that was supposed to be closed three years ago. We canceled the account and like a week later the next set of cards we would have used showed up. Since it seemed like a coincidence, we just kept them in the file cabinet, unactivated, and left it at that. Flash forward and we're staring at a bill for $1800 for an account we haven't even thought about for years and was supposed to be closed! Put in a call to the card company and they tell us the account closure never ended up being followed through on. The guy on the phone figured it was probably an inside job at the credit card co. where someone saw an account with no activity for a long period with a zero balance, easy to run it up while no one is looking. To add insult to injury, there were more charges on the account since the billing we got in the mail to the tune of around $3500! Luckily no money out of pocket on this one, but could have wreaked havoc on the ol credit report. :argue:
The wierd thing was there was a lot of repeated charges at same locations, one right after another. One of the places was at a super market, like four or five charges at the same market on the same day. I'm wondering if they were telling people they'd pay for their groceries with the card in exchange for cash, or something like that. They would had to of had a card made too, can't just give the teller at the market the card number, where'd they get the card from? Had to be an inside deal at the card company. :yuk:

INSman
07-10-2006, 07:35 PM
Well they arrested one of the people but there are quite a few people that made a few thousand dollars this week. yep i should get the money back someday
What's a few grand between friends ??!!?? I'll invite you over for a picnic or something to compensate for the many thousands I got :220v: j/k

H20 Toie
07-10-2006, 09:20 PM
Glad they caught one of the scumbags. Did this happen in Castaic?
No they caught the b in wilshire district (tennisha brown) all the other checks were cashed down there to.

RitcheyRch
07-11-2006, 04:18 AM
Thankfully they caught someone and will get the others.
No they caught the b in wilshire district (tennisha brown) all the other checks were cashed down there to.