PDA

View Full Version : What Happen To Dancing In Channel Thread??

BoatFloating
07-10-2006, 09:17 PM
Man I was just finishing reading final page went to post and poof gone!!!!! Why delete it????? :idea:

H20 Toie
07-10-2006, 09:21 PM
yea me to

Tom Brown
07-10-2006, 09:21 PM
It had to be removed because it was setting the wrong tone.
Sure, most of the people here may have found it interesting and enjoyable but we are not the people ***boat is trying to attract. It's not likely people who are grandparents will get anything out of threads about dancing so all further dance threads are against the rules until further notice.
Don't make me tell you twice. If I have to leave this thread to PM someone, they will be getting a $400 ticket. :mad:

voodoomedman
07-10-2006, 09:24 PM
My thoughts are River918 deleted his own thread because it was not going the way he wanted it too.

BoatFloating
07-10-2006, 09:28 PM
It had to be removed because it was setting the wrong tone.
Sure, most of the people here may have found it interesting and enjoyable but we are not the people ***boat is trying to attract. It's not likely people who are grandparents will get anything out of threads about dancing so all further dance threads are against the rules until further notice.
Don't make me tell you twice. If I have to leave this thread to PM someone, they will be getting a $400 ticket. :mad:
Don't take that tone with me and take off the gstring..... :yuk:

Tom Brown
07-10-2006, 09:29 PM
That's not a g-string. That's my dick.

Havasu1986
07-10-2006, 09:35 PM
Does this mean I lose the posts I worked hard for. I don't type very fast!!

DILLIGAF
07-10-2006, 09:41 PM
Does this mean I lose the posts I worked hard for. I don't type very fast!!
Yep, you are screwed. I hate it when people delete their threads

Kilrtoy
07-10-2006, 09:46 PM
Yep, you are screwed. I hate it when people delete their threads
Cuz you would NEVER do that

DILLIGAF
07-10-2006, 09:48 PM
Cuz you would NEVER do that
Never...I think it shows a lack of consideration for the resident post whores :)

H20 Toie
07-10-2006, 09:49 PM
hey i like mrs river and she is hot and if someone doesnt like her dancing they are gay

jbone
07-10-2006, 10:03 PM
Damn, I wasted a post too. How am I supposed to get to 500?
I guess I need to start getting on the "three word post" thread. I can handle that.
J

Phat Matt
07-10-2006, 10:06 PM
I don't think there was anything wrong with that thread. There was good opinions from both sides.
Damn the man!

Kilrtoy
07-10-2006, 10:07 PM
It's a longstanding HB tradition that you must delete your own post anytime everybody doesn't agree with you. After all, being different could adversely affects one's popularity, relugating them to being outside the clique.
That is not why I delete shit

Kilrtoy
07-10-2006, 10:09 PM
No, you delete the stuff that you post when you're drunk. ;)
OH NO, there is plenty of that up.......

Phat Matt
07-10-2006, 10:10 PM
It's a longstanding HB tradition that you must delete your own post anytime everybody doesn't agree with you. After all, being different could adversely affects one's popularity, relugating them to being outside the clique.
Maybe I missed something but what is wrong with dancing on a boat in a bikini or otherwise? It's 115 degrees out. Hell, last time I was in the channel the group next to us was dancing to my music including a grandma that had to be in her 80's. She was having a great time and I think they were from Nebraska.
People need to lighten up.

Tom Brown
07-10-2006, 10:11 PM
... last time I was in the channel the group next to us was dancing to my music including a grandma that had to be in her 80's.
Was she hot? :idea:

Phat Matt
07-10-2006, 10:15 PM
Was she hot? :idea:
Probably. She had clothes on. :)
I know someone in my group took pics so I'll find them. She was pretty entertaining. :D

Phat Matt
07-10-2006, 10:21 PM
I never even saw the thread, I'm just making an observation as to why people delete their own posts.
Oh. I don't think that was the case in that one but who knows. I am going to bed. Good night all.

Kilrtoy
07-10-2006, 10:22 PM
Probably. She had clothes on. :)
I know someone in my group took pics so I'll find them. She was pretty entertaining. :D
Could you see her in court explain to the judge why it was not wrong and she did have a crowd....

Kilrtoy
07-11-2006, 12:11 AM
Personally, I don't think anyone should be able to delete their own threads. It just shows that they don't have the guts to stand behind what they wrote. If a person doesn't stand for what they put in writing and try to eraise any record of their having said it, THEN what does it say about that person, and shouldn't we be aware of what a gutless POS they really are?
Helll, I don't even think I've used the "edit" button more than about 5 or 6 times in the last 6 years or so. If I post something that is wrong then I'll apologize and get on with it but to delete it is bullshit! I don"t have my head so far up my a*s that I believe that all you love everything that I post but that's not why it was posted. For your approval-? NOT!
Rio
NOW, where were those pics?
Rio, I dont think that is why he deleted it

ROZ
07-11-2006, 01:02 AM
I've only deleted the threads I said up front I was going to delete, or threads I was dared to delete... That's it :D

Hardly Satisfied
07-11-2006, 01:23 AM
Damm did I miss something good

RitcheyRch
07-11-2006, 04:21 AM
I'll second that.
hey i like mrs river and she is hot and if someone doesnt like her dancing they are gay

My Man's Sportin' Wood
07-11-2006, 05:51 AM
Damn, I wasted a post too. How am I supposed to get to 500?
I guess I need to start getting on the "three word post" thread. I can handle that.
J
You know, it would be pretty hilarious if Frenchie deleted that thread. :p

Jordy
07-11-2006, 05:53 AM
You know, it would be pretty hilarious if Frenchie deleted that thread. :p
Wow, that would knock some people back to the double digit post count. I double dog dare him to delete it!!! :D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
07-11-2006, 06:03 AM
Miss Perfect 906
Mrs.Racer277 765
piper 624
CandyA$$ 271
Eliminator 4 Life 233
Boy Named Sue 230
WhosYoRiverDaddy 218
FRENCHIE 201
Throttle 187
LVJAKAZ 154
Mrs.charitycase 137
pixilatedpussy 133
IN2-IN2MX 121

Throttle
07-11-2006, 06:35 AM
I dont get it, what was wrong with the thread... I also dont understand why or how you could be arrested for dancing on a boat that is parked, oh yeah it falls under "having a great time" - that is jail time... :argue:

Todd969
07-11-2006, 06:54 AM
I dont get it, what was wrong with the thread... I also dont understand why or how you could be arrested for dancing on a boat that is parked, oh yeah it falls under "having a great time" - that is jail time... :argue:
Be at the meeting tonight. 5:00pm at the police station.

superdave013
07-11-2006, 07:01 AM
was she just dancing or acting like a stripper?
And don't get me wrong, I LOVE strippers. lol
It's prolly just sour grapes. She is hands down in the top 1% of best looking girls on this site for sure. That cop prolly lives in a run down trailer with a 240 pound ol' lady tellin him what to do and when to do it. So when he sees someone with a boat that cost more then his trailer and a nice looking lady he just can't help but cockblock anyway he can.

superdave013
07-11-2006, 07:04 AM
Wow, that would knock some people back to the double digit post count. I double dog dare him to delete it!!! :D
Dude, think about those 2 dogs?? C'mon, lets double cat dare him or something. LMAO

My Man's Sportin' Wood
07-11-2006, 07:17 AM
LMAO! I didn't get it until your post SD. I guess maybe I need another cup of coffee.

Miss Perfect
07-11-2006, 12:22 PM
Miss Perfect 906
Mrs.Racer277 765
piper 624
CandyA$$ 271
Eliminator 4 Life 233
Boy Named Sue 230
WhosYoRiverDaddy 218
FRENCHIE 201
Throttle 187
LVJAKAZ 154
Mrs.charitycase 137
pixilatedpussy 133
IN2-IN2MX 121
How is it that I still have the most posts in that thread? I have not posted in it forever!!! I wish Frenchie would delete it. I think post counts are over rated! :rollside:

Deano
07-11-2006, 12:42 PM
I think post counts are over rated! :rollside:
hey there missy....thats why no one from here waves at me while Im going through the channel. I'll just start driving through with my middle finger up :crossx:

Devil's Advocate
07-11-2006, 01:59 PM
What Happen To Dancing In Channel Thread??
Man I was just finishing reading final page went to post and poof gone!!!!! Why delete it????? :idea:
Got replaced with the "What Happen to Dancing In Channel Thread", thread. :rollside:

Deano
07-11-2006, 02:11 PM
No one waves at you. I did just last week!!!! Well I was really just swatting at a bee but you thought I waved and it's the thought that counts :p
close enough. I feel better now. :cry:

LHC30Victory
07-11-2006, 03:37 PM
....no one from here waves at me while Im going through the channel. I'll just start driving through with my middle finger up :crossx:
Heck Deano, we walked to your place twice this weekend looking for you and all we could find were your two boats tied up....No one came down when we climbed aboard looking for cervesa!(j/k). - but we did walk over to talk about your toon. Maybe next time.

River918
07-11-2006, 04:33 PM
Personally, I don't think anyone should be able to delete their own threads. It just shows that they don't have the guts to stand behind what they wrote. If a person doesn't stand for what they put in writing and try to eraise any record of their having said it, THEN what does it say about that person, and shouldn't we be aware of what a gutless POS they really are?
Helll, I don't even think I've used the "edit" button more than about 5 or 6 times in the last 6 years or so. If I post something that is wrong then I'll apologize and get on with it but to delete it is bullshit! I don"t have my head so far up my a*s that I believe that all you love everything that I post but that's not why it was posted. For your approval-? NOT!
Rio
Wow!!!. I come home from work to this, pretty strong words from someone that doesn't know me from Adam...I deleted the thread because I got the answer to my quesion. This is something I have done in the past when I have asked a question and people were kind enough to answer it for me. I appreciate the great support I received from the people that posted, along with the PM's I received. I agree with everything EVERYONE posted and didn't think the thread was "going the wrong way" against me. In fact, there wasn't anyone that posted anything against me and if they did, I would respect their opinion, because it is just that: "their opinion." There have been many times that I have disagreed with people on the boards, but I have never called them a "gutless POS." Actually I think I'm, a pretty nice gut and my courage has never been challenged.
As the great philosopher Rodney King once said, "Can't we all just get along?"

ratso
07-11-2006, 06:31 PM
Rio
Didn't Tim McGraw have a song called "I Don't Know Why You Have To Be Angry All The Time" :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Biglue
07-11-2006, 06:33 PM
Didn't Tim McGraw have a song called "I Don't Know Why You Have To Be Angry All The Time" :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
You're way off buddy. It's not anger, it's sexual frustration. :crossx:

ratso
07-11-2006, 06:49 PM
You're way off buddy. It's not anger, it's sexual frustration. :crossx:
lol...you may be right. :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-11-2006, 07:01 PM
Wow!!!. I come home from work to this, pretty strong words from someone that doesn't know me from Adam...I deleted the thread because I got the answer to my quesion. This is something I have done in the past when I have asked a question and people were kind enough to answer it for me. I appreciate the great support I received from the people that posted, along with the PM's I received. I agree with everything EVERYONE posted and didn't think the thread was "going the wrong way" against me. In fact, there wasn't anyone that posted anything against me and if they did, I would respect their opinion, because it is just that: "their opinion." There have been many times that I have disagreed with people on the boards, but I have never called them a "gutless POS." Actually I think I'm, a pretty nice gut and my courage has never been challenged.
As the great philosopher Rodney King once said, "Can't we all just get along?"
wow.. Great post. :)

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-11-2006, 07:06 PM
I didn't get to read the thread. does that mean no dancing at all or just dirty dancing? :idea:

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-11-2006, 07:26 PM
Lets just say you might be in trouble young lady :p
I think so. :rollside:

Havasu1986
07-11-2006, 07:35 PM
I didn't get to read the thread. does that mean no dancing at all or just dirty dancing? :idea:
Anywhere but the channel :boxed:

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-11-2006, 07:37 PM
Anywhere but the channel :boxed:
:jawdrop: really.. Well to the coves it is. LOL!! :crossx:

DRMCAT
07-11-2006, 07:39 PM
Be at the meeting tonight. 5:00pm at the police station.
Any info for the group from the meeting? Inquiring minds want to know......

Throttle
07-11-2006, 08:53 PM
we ended up stayin on the water late today, I missed it... no infor here :cry:

shueman
07-12-2006, 06:13 AM
New law passes despite some opposition
It's final.
A detailed presentation by the Lake Havasu Area Chamber of Commerce and a majority of residents speaking out against the new ordinance did not sway the vote of City Council members.
Passing unanimously, the ordinance entitled, “Offensive Conduct in Public Places,” was officially approved Tuesday evening by the Lake Havasu City Council.
Discussion between members of council and Interim Chief of Police Dan Doyle clarified some parts of the ordinance.
On whether some words such as “reasonable” and “offensive” are too subjective, Doyle disagreed.
“It's titled ‘Offensive Conduct in Public Places,' but then it's relying on definitions already in place in State statutes,” he said.
Doyle used state statute examples to give a thorough definition of what exactly constitutes indecent exposure.
In addition to supervisory checks and balances within the police department, Doyle said, “Judge (Clyde) Andris isn't shy about calling us and telling us he doesn't like what he's seeing.”
Lisa Krueger, boardmember of the chamber, answered questions after her presentation at the work session prior to Tuesday's meeting. She met with terse opposition from Councilman Allan Sturtevant, who called for a new chamber of commerce to replace the current one.
Addressing Krueger's statement that, “We can never push our morals on others,” Sturtevant said: “Morals go both ways. Someone has been pushing morals. We have a choice to make. We need to choose what kind of community we want.”
Sturtevant went on to say, “Mr. Mayor and council, for discussion at a future date, I'd like the council to replace the Chamber of Commerce as the ‘spokes group' for Lake Havasu.”
Asked if the councilman's comments took her off guard, Kruger said, “I wasn't surprised. He's been vocal at past meetings. He's certainly entitled to his own opinion.”
Gregg Staples, a resident of Lake Havasu City who has spoken at previous meetings against the ordinance, seemed to take offense to Sturtevant's comments.
“The attempt by this extreme-religious wing to socially-engineer this town is unconscionable,” Staples said.
The morality discussed in the meeting is an attempt to rein in behavior of a minority in the channel reportedly causing problems with police. It is the police department's desire that by enacting the following ordinance they can remove groups from the channel causing problems.
The new law effectively adds a section to an existing ordinance, stating, “prohibiting individuals who are intoxicated, and/or who are violent, seriously disruptive, unreasonably loud, or who utter abusive, obscene or offensive language, or engage in indecent exposure, remaining in any public place as defined herein and prescribing penalties for the violation thereof.”
Violators could be charged with a Class 1 misdemeanor, punishable with a fine up to $2,500 and/or a prison sentence not to exceed six months. Class 1 is the highest class of misdemeanor crime.
Mayor Harvey Jackson, who agreed with both points of the chamber said, “Allan's [Sturtevant] point is totally valid.”
Jackson highlighted the preemptive nature, in his view, of the new ordinance section.
“Its practical use is to intercept people before they may violate state statute.”
Interim Chief of Police Dan Doyle agreed with that statement, but added later, “We're looking for that person laying on the sidewalk, who can't get up because he's too intoxicated,” he said. “Right now, we're moving him around. We're not going to walk around and give you a Breathalyzer(tm). This [ordinance] is based on actions.”
Krueger outlined specifically what her organization of 918 businesses and individual members supports and opposes. Included among ideas the chamber disagrees with are one-way traffic in the Bridgewater Channel, permitting for mooring and beaching, and prohibition of alcohol in boats moored or beached anywhere in the channel.
While stating safety is their primary concern, Kruger also said the chamber wants to see full restaurants, busy retail stores, full hotels without vacancies, and the ringing of cash registers at grocery stores.
Despite not officially coming out against the new behavior ordinance, Kruger said that adding another ordinance could send a negative message to tourists.
“If we enacted 100 new ordinances, some of those behaviors will still be here,” she said in response to Sturtevant.
After the work session, she expressed concern over how the city's approach to channel conduct will be marketed to potential visitors.

RitcheyRch
07-12-2006, 06:16 AM
Interesting.

core attitude
07-12-2006, 07:08 AM
Interesting.
Hmmmmm, does anyone else find it interesting that the original thread was started by River918 and Lisa Krueger's organization has 918 businesses and individual members. :idea:

RitcheyRch
07-12-2006, 07:49 AM
I didnt pay attention to that.
Hmmmmm, does anyone else find it interesting that the original thread was started by River918 and Lisa Krueger's organization has 918 businesses and individual members. :idea:

core attitude
07-12-2006, 08:02 AM
4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42
You're right........I think we might be on to something here, good work and by all means keep it up. If we let this go now we could really miss out on something here. Remember, hard work pays off and it always helps to think outside the box.

GHT
07-12-2006, 08:27 AM
I know everyone on ***boat is against most (if not all) the Councial members and the Self Righteous Mayor. BUT what everyone FAILS to realize it that what is happening in Havasu is EXACTLY what the residence (Mostly NON-boat owning or Lake Going People) want. Maybe they want a normal town? Kind of like the towns MOST of us live in... :cool:
Don't get me wrong. I like going to Havasu and cutting loose and getting crazy, just like the next guy. But what many people do is come into Havasu and treat it like SH!T then leave... How would you react to someone doing that to your neighborhood? Not that 918 did that but we have all seen the Sh1t in the channel and UNFORTUNATLEY they (the REAL residents) group US (Mostly responsible boaters / part time res) with the SH1t....
My .02
At the end of the day I think the Counsel and Mayor SUCK...

HavasuSelect
07-12-2006, 08:45 AM
"who utter abusive, obscene or offensive language"
So now it's illegal to curse. What the **** is ****ing next. What kind of ****ing bullshit is this?

HM
07-12-2006, 09:15 AM
I know everyone on ***boat is against most (if not all) the Councial members and the Self Righteous Mayor. BUT what everyone FAILS to realize it that what is happening in Havasu is EXACTLY what the residence (Mostly NON-boat owning or Lake Going People) want. Maybe they want a normal town? Kind of like the towns MOST of us live in... :cool:
Don't get me wrong. I like going to Havasu and cutting loose and getting crazy, just like the next guy. But what many people do is come into Havasu and treat it like SH!T then leave... How would you react to someone doing that to your neighborhood? Not that 918 did that but we have all seen the Sh1t in the channel and UNFORTUNATLEY they (the REAL residents) group US (Mostly responsible boaters / part time res) with the SH1t....
My .02
HighRoller.....is that you?
Very Good points. Most of the stuff going on with ordinances doesn't bother me since I don't go to Havasu because of exactly what goes on. I have been told if I don't like it, don't go there. So I don't. I would say there is a pretty big silent group like me that would come back to Havasu that has just as much money to spend as the people who leave.
Someone made a good point in the article about how they are trying to force their morality on other people with these laws, and the response was that the problem people are forcing their morality on everyone else by doing what they do in public. Think about that statement....it is profound.
I agree that there are laws in place that could get the job done that they wanted, but they are trying to get their city back. Which illicits the response....."You don't like be hassled by the PoPo at Havasu...then don't come!!!" If people can say that to me, then why can't the shoe be on the other foot?

GHT
07-12-2006, 09:20 AM
HighRoller.....is that you?
Very Good points. Most of the stuff going on with ordinances doesn't bother me since I don't go to Havasu because of exactly what goes on. I have been told if I don't like it, don't go there. So I don't. I would say there is a pretty big silent group like me that would come back to Havasu that has just as much money to spend as the people who leave.
Someone made a good point in the article about how they are trying to force their morality on other people with these laws, and the response was that the problem people are forcing their morality on everyone else by doing what they do in public. Think about that statement....it is profound.
I agree that there are laws in place that could get the job done that they wanted, but they are trying to get their city back. Which illicits the response....."You don't like be hassled by the PoPo at Havasu...then don't come!!!" If people can say that to me, then why can't the shoe be on the other foot?
No, not HighRoller... We scared him off a long time ago :) . Just making some points of view. There are many places to go on the lake to get away and enjoy a nice chillin' afternoon. You should come out sometime.. We don't go to the channel very offen these days. I do like it when it isn't peak season..

MR HARLEY
07-12-2006, 09:26 AM
My .02
Should'nt you be at work doing something important. :p

HM
07-12-2006, 09:57 AM
No, not HighRoller... We scared him off a long time ago :) . Just making some points of view. There are many places to go on the lake to get away and enjoy a nice chillin' afternoon. You should come out sometime.. We don't go to the channel very offen these days. I do like it when it isn't peak season..
I know you aren't highroller...I should have put a smiley after that. He had a big contraversial thread abouth this exact topic and then got the nick name of HolyRoller...no relation to HolyMoly.:D
I have been going to the river since I was in the womb and logged more river hours before I was 10 then most people here on ***boat do in their life. I went to Parker and Havasu several times a year up until about 10 years ago. My dad's good friend started Crazy Horse campground. Now I live on a lake with nazi like enforcement and only go to Mohave, Mead or Powell, but mostly Mohave north of Cottonwood. Even at Mohave we can't get completely away as we had a couple come riding into the cove we were at on a sea doo with the woman topless yelling at us to get naked and party. We had 7 kids on the beach ages 1 to 11. Not to mention grandma and grandpa. Granted, this was the 4th of July weekend, but we were at mile marker 37....no one was partying - except these two on their sea doo. This is how it starts. Here, a family goes out of their way to get away, and they come to us. If we complain, we are called prudes and haters and that if we don't like it, go somewhere else.
It is just quite fun watching the tables turn in Havasu. It will probably backfire, but there is always hope. :)

Kilrtoy
07-12-2006, 10:17 AM
I told you guys this bullshit was gonna happen and pass..
This new ordinance is bullshit. They already have laws that handle this type of stuff. Dancing is now illegal, sorry, I see civil rights issues here.
Its only a matter of time until someone says enough is enough and sues the crap out of every public offical in this town and wins.... I see the ACLU coming to town sooner, than later :boxed:

superdave013
07-12-2006, 10:27 AM
I know you aren't highroller...I should have put a smiley after that. He had a big contraversial thread abouth this exact topic and then got the nick name of HolyRoller...no relation to HolyMoly.:D
I have been going to the river since I was in the womb and logged more river hours before I was 10 then most people here on ***boat do in their life. I went to Parker and Havasu several times a year up until about 10 years ago. My dad's good friend started Crazy Horse campground. Now I live on a lake with nazi like enforcement and only go to Mohave, Mead or Powell, but mostly Mohave north of Cottonwood. Even at Mohave we can't get completely away as we had a couple come riding into the cove we were at on a sea doo with the woman topless yelling at us to get naked and party. We had 7 kids on the beach ages 1 to 11. Not to mention grandma and grandpa. Granted, this was the 4th of July weekend, but we were at mile marker 37....no one was partying - except these two on their sea doo. This is how it starts. Here, a family goes out of their way to get away, and they come to us. If we complain, we are called prudes and haters and that if we don't like it, go somewhere else.
It is just quite fun watching the tables turn in Havasu. It will probably backfire, but there is always hope. :)
You mean everyone does not like their kids to see middle aged chicks running around in pasties?? lol
The way I read it is they could very well bo hoo those now too.

Phat Matt
07-12-2006, 10:29 AM
Did she have nice tits? :)

Phat Matt
07-12-2006, 10:30 AM
This new ordinance is bullshit. They already have laws that handle this type of stuff. Dancing is now illegal, sorry, I see civil rights issues here.
Its only a matter of time until someone says enough is enough and sues the crap out of every public offical in this town and wins.... I see the ACLU coming to town sooner, than later :boxed:
I say we organize a hot boat parade through the channel with everybody dancing. They can't stop us from dancing! That's rigoddamdiculous. :)

OutCole'd
07-12-2006, 10:33 AM
I say we organize a hot boat parade through the channel with everybody dancing. They can't stop us from dancing! That's rigoddamdiculous. :)
Have you ever seen me dance? I don't think this is a good idea.

RitcheyRch
07-12-2006, 10:34 AM
Can definitely see the ACLU getting involved in this one. We can just sit back and wait for all hell to break loose in the court system.

DILLIGAF
07-12-2006, 10:51 AM
F HAVASU!
I will be there next weekend :)

River918
07-12-2006, 04:42 PM
Just two questions:
1. When does the new law go into effect?
2. Are pastied gonna be illegal?
and by the way, I like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches....

shueman
07-12-2006, 05:01 PM
This is a city ordinance. The channel is part of the city, ONLY the channel. Sounds like they are trying to better define the types of behavior that will not be tolerated.
You can float in Thompson Bay, the Nautical Beach, Beachcomber, Site 6, Crazy Horse, anywhere on the lake, etc., and party it up if you like, and not be under this new ordinance. It's only for city controlled lands, as I understand it.
Do you walk through Safeway with pasties on and dance to the Musik in the frozen isle or rub against the deli case...?? How about Wal-Mart or Auto Zone...?? London Bridge Golf Course maybe..??
Let's be real....take your party out on the lake and the city says "thank you".
It's their channel and park system and they want to keep it Disney-Like for everyone...
Just my .02
:crossx:

Biglue
07-12-2006, 06:02 PM
I can definitely appreciate the shinanigans in the chanell put on by all the ladies. With that being said I do beleive that there is a time and a place for everything. The city is now saying the chanell is no longer the place, granted they're now trying it in a different manner. There's other places to boat and party. Do I think it's a big deal, not really. It's no different that us here folks in SoCal not wanting that type of activity at, let's say local beaches and maybe the Staples center. I don't really want to have to explain that if my kids see it. I could definitely see a "true local" being offended by that stuff. YOu kind of have to respect someone in "their house". Just my .02

GHT
07-12-2006, 06:51 PM
Should'nt you be at work doing something important. :p
:) :) Yup... 4shur...

GHT
07-12-2006, 07:04 PM
The law is Bullsh1t, I couldn't agree more. The problem with this law is the same problem as with MOST new laws (as everyone has pointed out). There are already laws on the books that, if inforced, there would be LITTLE need for new ones... There should be a time and a place and it most def isn't where kids are going to be. If we all wanted to go to a secluded (sp) cove, block it off (or if there was a dedicated area) and adaults could do ALL the things crazy things they are doing within public view (when they shouldn't be). That would be the way to get crazy.
Low Key... Is Key...

GHT
07-12-2006, 07:37 PM
If you guys actually read the new ordinance, they don't create any new laws. They give the PoPo more flexibility to enforce current laws. I am someone who hates new laws for the exact same reason you and KToy cite. Read the actual ordinance and tell me the actual "new" law that is created? Unless I am missing something, I think most are having knee jerk reaction. And, I am an hard core non-smoker who hates the smoking laws in CA. I think government has no right to tell business owner that they can't allow a legal activity to be illegal on their premises. The things they are doing with the ordinance is giving more ability to enforce current laws, and perhaps hassle people who play on the ragged edge of legal. I love the argument by KToy about how Europe is more liberal in this area....Screw Europe! We have handed them their ass and saved their ass...this is the USA baby. Who wants to be like Europe? Not me.
Agreed.... But look at your statement. This means they have more flexability to catch you doing something you shouldn't. SO, if a cop is driving through a neighborhood and smells a Blunt there shouldn't be an ordinance introduced to allow him to walk through every house until he finds the perp.... I mean, that would be an example of making it easier "to enforce current laws".
Look HM... I understand exactly where you are coming from (clearly) and I agree with a lot (most) of your points. BUT, I am mearly pointing out the other side of the debate has just as many valad and clear points.
Bottom line is..... Obey the law, Okay... Bend the law, Usually Okay, Break the law...... Okay until you get caught.. Get caught, Pay the price..
Don

Kilrtoy
07-12-2006, 08:43 PM
This is a city ordinance. The channel is part of the city, ONLY the channel. Sounds like they are trying to better define the types of behavior that will not be tolerated.
You can float in Thompson Bay, the Nautical Beach, Beachcomber, Site 6, Crazy Horse, anywhere on the lake, etc., and party it up if you like, and not be under this new ordinance. It's only for city controlled lands, as I understand it.
Do you walk through Safeway with pasties on and dance to the Musik in the frozen isle or rub against the deli case...?? How about Wal-Mart or Auto Zone...?? London Bridge Golf Course maybe..??
Let's be real....take your party out on the lake and the city says "thank you".
It's their channel and park system and they want to keep it Disney-Like for everyone...
Just my .02
:crossx:
you are just a little lost on this one..
People more specific women wear bikini's while in the water, so when they dance they are wearing bikini's. Its not their channel or park.
Its is the people's facilities and they are there to enforce the laws. Now these new ideas are just that, a thought of about 5 people in town and they are forcing them down on us..... get back on track

bignet
07-12-2006, 08:58 PM
Guess what's next people...NO G-STRINGS within view of the park! I said it here first....the party scene is going to the sh!ts!!!!
bignet

shueman
07-12-2006, 09:06 PM
you are just a little lost on this one..
People more specific women wear bikini's while in the water, so when they dance they are wearing bikini's. Its not their channel or park.
Its is the people's facilities and they are there to enforce the laws. Now these new ideas are just that, a thought of about 5 people in town and they are forcing them down on us..... get back on track
You make no sense.... :crossx: Whatever....

al cole'holic
07-12-2006, 09:11 PM
Guess what's next people...NO G-STRINGS within view of the park! I said it here first....the party scene is going to the sh!ts!!!!
bignet
..hey Sonny Bono did it in Palm Springs!

Havasu1986
07-12-2006, 09:27 PM
bignet
That may be a blessing in disguise (sp) Some women can pull it off, some can't. What about that 400# guy in the pontoon that wears a G-string, is he going to jail for dancing.

Kilrtoy
07-12-2006, 09:27 PM
You make no sense.... :crossx: Whatever....
Are you on the lake havasu city council, I think so that is why you dont understand....

Kilrtoy
07-12-2006, 09:28 PM
That may be a blessing in disguise (sp) Some women can pull it off, some can't. What about that 400# guy in the pontoon that wears a G-string, is he going to jail for dancing.
I believe he was cited a couple of weeks ago, not sure what it was for... but he was dancing and wearing his thong...

Havasu1986
07-12-2006, 09:34 PM
Are you on the lake havasu city council, I think so that is why you dont understand....
Miquel
You better get back to work after the 20th. Your brothers are getting a bad rap on the local stations here in L.A. area. Are you going to be out on the weekend.
Bobby

Kilrtoy
07-12-2006, 10:48 PM
Miquel
You better get back to work after the 20th. Your brothers are getting a bad rap on the local stations here in L.A. area. Are you going to be out on the weekend.
Bobby
actually it wasnt even them, it was the REAL POLICE :rolleyes:
yeah I'll be back after the 20th, here until then..

shueman
07-13-2006, 03:53 AM
:rolleyes: Phuny....
Maybe you should be, as a property owner, and participate in the process, rather than grandstand on the sidelines. :confused:

Mrs 2LKHVSU
07-13-2006, 07:12 AM
This is just like "FOOTLOOSE"! :supp: Kevin Bacon found a way to dance on the outskirts of town.

SCUBA STEVE
07-13-2006, 08:49 AM
Sounds like no more dance off's on Matts boat in the middle of the night. Good thing this law was not in effect in June. :yuk: :p