PDA

View Full Version : Hey MrHavasuCat.....

Jrocket
01-05-2002, 08:39 PM
Wondering if you have some pics of your old Mach26 with the twins? And also pics of your new one? Can you give me some info on your old Mach26,likes and dislikes of the boat.What motors and such.I found a used Mach26 with twins,but have'nt ridden in one.If you have time for this I would appreciate it alot.....Thanks JR

warlock25
01-06-2002, 07:35 AM
I have never heard a bad thing said about dcb, If you have a chance to get one sell everything and go for it, I'm sure you won't be sorry. What does the one you found look like, and how many ponies in each engine? John.

Boatjob
01-06-2002, 07:26 PM
jrocket..I have a DCB Mach 26 with twin Outboards. Waht would you like to know about it? It is a wonderful boat for any person, you can't go wrong. Just let me know what specific details you want and I'd be happy to answer

Jrocket
01-06-2002, 07:38 PM
Well what happened was I was gonna get a Mach22 with twin drag motors.But now I found a Mach26 with twin 280's.I was wondering how these boats performed? I know about DCB's quality,and I know about Merc's.I'm wondering what kind of mph numbers and small things about them? I have a picture of the boat but dont know how to put it on here...
Thanks JR

Boatjob
01-06-2002, 08:19 PM
jrocket, what colors is the Mach 26 your looking at? There are pics of mine on the DCB web site if your interested. They are under "events".The unofficial regatta,Called "close inspection of the new boat" It is blue and grey.
As far as performance goes, I see about 100- 105 gps on the average day. Top speed being 105.6 GPS The boat handles great in chop, and smooth water. i had to put "whale tales" on the engines so I could plane faster. They improved it a bunch. Depending on what props you get, I'd expect speeds similar to mine. One of my good buddys from havasu has a 26 with twin 260's and he hauls ass too. As long as you don't mind mixing the oil and gas, I'd go for it. I wouldn't trade it in for anything else. I like blower motors but I've had probs in the past with drives, so I side against them now. Go for it!

Jrocket
01-06-2002, 08:38 PM
Boatjob,thanks for the info.The boat I'm looking into buying is white with red and grey stripes.The boat is spotless,super clean.It has 60hrs on it,and the bottom of the hull is in perfect shape.I crawled all over that thing looking for some reason why it was for sale.The story is the owner is stepping up to a bigger boat.The boat is actually at DCB.I saw it saturday,Dave gave me the full run down on it.Looks like I need to call Dave Monday morning and get the deal going.........John

Boatjob
01-06-2002, 08:43 PM
was it the one in hot boat??? It fits the description perfectly. I think it's been stored at DCB for a while. I think one of the engines had probs and had to be replaced. But it fixed now if thats the one...Have u seen the ***boat?

Jrocket
01-06-2002, 09:06 PM
Well I'm not sure about the Hot Boat thing.I sent you a picture of it,check your mail.I'm thinking somebody on this board used to own it or at least nows about it.Its a small boating world,especially when it comes to Havasu.I was wondering if this is the boat MrHavasucat used to own.I thought he said he had alot of trouble with his old Mach26 with twins.I could be mistaken though.I bet somebody knows the back ground on this ride...........Thanks JR

Jrocket
01-06-2002, 09:16 PM
Boatjob..I just looked at the pictures of your boat.Nice,very nice.If you put red where you have the blue interior pieces,it would look like the interior in the one I'm looking at.Other than that what does the outside look like on your boat?.....JR

Boatjob
01-06-2002, 09:41 PM
jrocket, sounds like the same boat! It's a beautiful boat. The outside of my boat is similar to the one u are looking at. It has a grey windshield with blue, grey and yellow graphics. There are some pics of the outside on Daves website as well. Look under Events again.but under"DCB people having fun. And there is also a pic of my family and I cruising LAke havasu under events as well. This one is a little better.It's under "the run home"..(The last pic shown).If you are interested in info about the boat, look for the ***boat it is in. It's an awesome article..It's what made me buy mine.

Jrocket
01-06-2002, 09:52 PM
Yes I believe it is the same paint scheme.Did you get the picture I sent you?Do you think you have seen this boat before? I'm definately going to get it.I just need to get my finances lined up before somebody beats me to it...............JR

Boatjob
01-06-2002, 10:09 PM
Yeah, that's the one from ***boat! I looked at it when my boat was getting made, and if it didn't have 2.5's I'd probably have it. Good luck with it, and maybe I'll see ya at the river this summer

MrHavasuCat
01-07-2002, 08:48 AM
JROCKET,
It sounds like my old boat. If it is the same one that was on the cover of 04/00 of ***boat it is my old boat. I talked to the guy who had bought it from Dave on the Phone and he said he was selling it with 60 hours on it, so it sure sounds like my old boat. The guy told me that the only problem he had with the boat since he bought it was a water pressure sensor (sp). He told me that he was into buying and selling things, and that is why he was selling it.
As far as my experience, the boat was great but the motors sucked. One of the motors had a computer problem which took a couple of months and a Mercury tech from Mercury to fix. the other motor was destroying gear cases and breaking prop shafts. I was told that they traced this problem to a bent crank after I gave the boat back to Dave. I was told that the boat had been fixed since I gave it back and it has run fine since. I don't think it has new motors though. This is what I have been told from some people that work at DCB.
As far as performance, the boat ran a best of 106 with just my girlfriend and I, light on fuel, and in cool weather at Havasu. The boat ran 102 in the ***boat test with 1/2 tanks of fuel and two guys. The boat was fun when it was not broken, but I had just had it with the motor problems. I kind of wanted an inboard from the begining, but was talked into the outboards because of the supposed reliability. I now have a blown I/0 at it has given me few problems.
If you do buy the boat check the water pick-ups on the starboard motor. When I gave the boat back I crawled under the gearcase and noticed one of the pick-ups was not drilled out by Mercury. I always had low water pressure on this motor and we lowered the motors because of it. Lowering the motors hurt the speed a little and I think you could raise them back up if this pick-up was fixed. When I talked to the last owner he told me the motors were still in the lower position. He said you could see the spots on the bracket where the motors had been. I would definitely raise them back up. The port motor never had a problem with the raised position. Good luck with the boat.
BTW: If you click the "premium services" icon on the opening page of this website and scroll down, the 04/00 cover is the middle magazine of the three displayed. It is kind of a small picture, but that is the boat.
[This message has been edited by MrHavasuCat (edited January 07, 2002).]

MrHavasuCat
01-07-2002, 09:04 AM
I don't know how to post the picture on this site, but if you go to OFFSHOREONLY.COM under page five in the "readers rides" topic in the the "general discussions" forum, you will find my post with the link "Heatwave". Click on Heatwave and you can see my current boat.
[This message has been edited by MrHavasuCat (edited January 07, 2002).]

Boatjob
01-07-2002, 12:38 PM
jrocket..Did you decide on what your going to do? If it's ok for me to ask, what price were you thinking u could pick it up for? I'm thinking about moving up to a bigger boat too.Thanks

Jrocket
01-07-2002, 05:51 PM
Well I dont know what to do now.That is definately your old boat I was looking at.I'm stuck in a hard spot here.So far I'm still going through with the deal.But now I have to ask Dave what has been fixed and what not.This might be hard because I dont want to stir up any poop over it.But I definately dont want to spend alot of money on something that has problems.Just when I thought I found something good,look what happens...
Hey Boatjob,the asking price was $75K.So far I am still going to get it.But if you can beat me to the sale with the money,then all is fair in sales.No hard feelings here.
MrHavasuCat...Can you e-mail me please,I have a couple questions....Jrocket150@aol.com

Boatjob
01-07-2002, 07:54 PM
jrocket, I wasn't referring to purchasing the boat when I asked you the price of the one for sale. I'm also thinking about selling my Mach 26, so I was seeing what the price was for something similar to mine. I think im going to get a Mach 34 so just seeing how much someone would pay for mine.Good Luck

Jrocket
01-07-2002, 08:56 PM
Oh gottcha Boatjob.The guy that owned the boat before me is getting the Mach34.What are you thinking of stepping up too?.....JR

Boatjob
01-07-2002, 10:07 PM
jrocket-
I actually came very close to buying the Mach 34 that was in
Hot Boat not too long ago...The orange and black one.It had twin Teague NA 509's with 625 hp each and ran 120. Dave was giving me a killer deal, but i had to pass, my 26 was brand new.And i just couldnt give up the outboards.Let me know what happens with the one your buying
Bye

MrHavasuCat
01-16-2002, 03:08 PM
Jrocket,
I just saw the boat on the DCB web site under used boats. That is definitely my old boat. Just fyi.

kab
01-16-2002, 03:26 PM
Mr.Havasucat-I almost bought that boat last year from a guy in phoenix. He wouldn't move on the price though.

MrHavasuCat
01-16-2002, 03:35 PM
I talked to that guy on the phone about a month or so ago. He was selling the boat at the time. He must have ordered a new boat from dave and traded it in.
I love my new boat, but seeing my old boat makes me a little sad. It was a fun boat except for the motor problems, which I have been told are fixed now.

kab
01-16-2002, 03:39 PM
Your new boat has a better paint job. The twin outboards are awesome. I miss my 22 but someday when I when the lottery I'll order a twin with twin drag motors. I love my new 26

MrHavasuCat
01-16-2002, 03:56 PM
Thanks for the compliment on the boat. We are very happy with the new boat and the new gel since it is a one off custom. Actually we changed the scheme on the old boat a little, but is was still from one of daves templates. A 22 with drag's would be awesome, I want a ride.

Havasu Secret
01-16-2002, 04:59 PM
Hey JRocket & Mr. Havasucat,
I also talked to that guy in Phoenix who was selling that same DCB. His name was Tom. He was a real nice guy. He also had a totally tricked out 26 DCB Extreme. He told me at the time, he was selling both boats because he had back troubles and was unable to use the boats any longer. Both boats were on the boattraderonline.com around June or July 2001. I had seen the Mach 26 in the channel at Havasu.
I had taken several digital pictures of his boat in the Havasu Channel because his girlfriend was sitting on the back swim platform between the engines with her legs hanging in the water while the boat was underway. It caught my eye because of how dangerous this was with those 2.5 Offshore Motors and how nice the boat looked with the matching cowlings... she wasn't too bad either! I'll gladly email the photos if you like.
At the time I spoke with Tom, he was selling the boat for $77,000.00 but would take $75,000.00 Funny he never mentioned the water pickup problem Mr. Havasucat spoke of.
JRocket, if this is your first experience with high performance outboards? you may want to think about the Merc 300 ProMax engine. It's oil injected and a lot less temperamental. The SportMaster gearcases are more beefer on the 300 also.
I know of two cats that are for sale with this setup. DCB's with twin 300's. Javier is selling his showroom clean 2000 Mach 26 with only 30 hours on it. You can see it on boattraderonline.com and do a search on DCB. It will come up. Javier is a really cool and honest person. His boat is absolutly georgeous and he will send you tons of pics of it. He is MACH26 on this forum or MACH26DCB@AOL.COM
The other one is beautifully maintained 1996 Eliminator/DCB rigged 25 Daytona. Dave used to buy blank hulls from Eliminator before he had his own 25/26 cat hull. The boat is DCB quality all the way. The guy that owns the boat is a Fireman and is VERY particular about his stuff. You can contact Steve at HAVASUSTEVE@AOL.COM He will send you a flyer via email. I persoanlly took a test ride in this boat and it was awesome. The boat still looks brand new.
Both boats are stored in Havasu. Would make a nice weekend shopping trip. Dave is also having a Used Boat Paking lot sale on February 2nd with a $5k discount on new boats.
I hope this helps.
[This message has been edited by Havasu Secret (edited January 16, 2002).]
[This message has been edited by Havasu Secret (edited January 17, 2002).]
[This message has been edited by Havasu Secret (edited January 17, 2002).]

Jrocket
01-16-2002, 08:03 PM
Thanks for the replies.As of right now,I'm having a hard time dealing with DCB.They dont ever return my calls,they gave me the number to the finance co. so I can do the talking myself.It almost seems like I'm bothering them because I'm not paying cash for this thing.I dont know.It cant be this hard to buy a used boat,my house deal was done faster than this.Oh well,its been for sale for awhile.I'm also a little worried about the problems it had in the past.Nobody at DCB told me a thing when I looked at it.But then again why would they?.I just have to remeber it's just a boat,there will be others.
Havasu Secret....I saw the boat Javier has for sale but the price is too high for me.It might be worth every cent but I can get the other boat for alot less. Thanks John

MACH26
01-16-2002, 08:06 PM
HavasuSecret,
Thanks for the plug, very kind words. In addition, I'm getting more negotiable. The new house is almost done!
Mach26 (Javier)

MrHavasuCat
01-17-2002, 09:34 AM
Havasu Secret,
I did not talk to the guy in Arizona until he was already selling the boat. When I told him about the water pickup he was suprised, so he might not of known about it when you talked to him. He told me he had put 30 hours on the boat and the only problem he had was a water pressure sensor. If I was to do it again I would go with the new 300x motors. When I had the boat rigged dave recommended the 300's, but they were brand new and not as fast as the 2.5's. The guys I know with 300's have had no problems. The boat was still a fun boat to drive.
As far as the girl sitting between the motors that is very dangerous. One of my girlfriends friends has a large scar on her ankle from one of those cleavers. She jumped off the back of the boat for some beads while we were parked in the channel and kicked the prop. Those things are as sharp as a very sharp knife. Even while handling them you have to be careful. If you don't mind send the photos to me at jhoberg@earthlink.net. I was hoping jrocket would get the boat so I could get a photo of both boats together. thanks.

Jrocket
01-17-2002, 04:29 PM
Mach26...Sorry if I came off rude in my post.Your boat is definately a very nice boat,I just cant spend that much at this time.Sorry
MrHavasuCat....I got my financing approved TODAY.I'm now waitng for the guy to bring me the money for my boat and the DCB is mine.If this guy backs out on me,wellI will be having a blowout sale on alot of my toys....LOL.........JR

Havasu Secret
01-17-2002, 04:51 PM
Hey MrHavasuCat,
Check your Email and here is the photo of the girl sitting between the engines I spoke about.
http://www.taycoeng.com/images/DCBDANGER.jpg

spectras only
01-17-2002, 05:17 PM
Havasu Secret,that girl is not very smart,and the guy who drives the boat is the most irresponsible person for sure.Maybe he/she should be told that he's 100 % responsible for that girl's welfare.Anybody can see that boat is underway by judging the wake behind it.Mr Havasu Cat already said it ,how sharp props can be even at rest.I know a girl who has been hit by a prop and took 3 years of skingraph to replace her skin ,not to mention the scars on her for life.[Boy I can see my ins premiums going up] http://free.***boat.net/ubb/eek.gif

rivercrazy
01-17-2002, 05:30 PM
I agree. This is friggen crazy!

RiverDave2
01-17-2002, 05:30 PM
GOD DAM!!! That girls Nuts! I admit that she's safe where she's at providing the guy doesn't turn, but what if she fell in the drink? I wouldn't want to be that close to a couple o cleavers! In parker you get pulled over for having someone sitting on your engine hatch at idle.. That would definately be a ticket at the very minimum..
RD

boatnam2
01-17-2002, 05:42 PM
i got two words for the driver of that boat STUPID ****.

waterbum
01-17-2002, 05:58 PM
Man,she looks like she's just hangin out lovin life with absolutly no clue of the danger she's in.As far as the dude driving,hummmm,he wouldn't strike you as someone that would make a speed run close to other boaters would he???? That dude need's some policen' from us man for even pullin a stunt like that!!

Havasu Secret
01-17-2002, 09:12 PM
I do have another photo that shows a side shot of the boat with a clear profile of the drivers face zoomed in with my telephoto lens. You can even make out the AZ registration numbers on the boat. But let's not go there... let this be an example of what NOT to do.
See You in Havasu!!!

Chestah Cheetah
01-17-2002, 10:59 PM
What about her, she has no clue about safety?......the way I see it, they're both stupid and deserve eachother. She's a big girl, if she can't figure out that those big sharp spinning thingies can hurt her, than God help her.........

Craig
01-18-2002, 05:40 AM
Man, just the thought of those meat cleavers toching some skin gives me the willies!!!!

riverliver
01-18-2002, 07:31 AM
I can't belive my eyes,that just makes me sick to see, the images that flash through my mind of what could happen.
I hope a BoatCop got here before those props did !!!!!!!!!!

Skaterfast
01-18-2002, 08:37 AM
What if:
He had a heart attack and mashed the throttle.
The butterfly fell off on his intake.
Some body tossed her a football and knocked her off.
She sneezed.
A bee started flying around her.
The swim step gives way.
All are highly unlikely,but I love life way to much.

MrHavasuCat
01-18-2002, 09:15 AM
Thanks for the photo. I agree that is crazy for that girl to be hanging off the smiw step. It also appears she is hanging onto the the tie bar which moves when you turn the boat. She could very easily slip off the step.
Jrocket,
That is good news about the boat, I hope to see you at Havasu this year with it. Good luck.

SVO 540
01-18-2002, 09:24 PM
Jrocket, I hope you pick up that boat. I would love to blast down the river with you in our Mach's. Mr. Havasu cat and the other mach 26 owners can join us for the ride. Who's in?
Going to Glen Helen this thursday from 9 to noon. Do you want to go?

RiverDave2
01-19-2002, 11:00 PM
~!
[This message has been edited by RiverDave2 (edited January 19, 2002).]

ROZ
01-20-2002, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by Craig:
Man, just the thought of those meat cleavers toching some skin gives me the willies!!!!
I get the willies just lookin at that pic.
I bet she thought she was cool, too.