PDA

View Full Version : So, I think I have this cleaning of the boat down pat now....

DILLIGAF
07-11-2006, 10:39 AM
Out of the water and still wet--Wipe it down with Hot Sauce
Before a trip out of the garage I use the Dri-Wash for protection and extra shine. Basically this is my wax I am using.
Interior I use the Hot Sauce interior along with a Magic Eraser but will be trying some of Magic34's stuff when I get the sampler pack I ordered. The Hot Sauce interior works great but will still try out the other stuff.
My Billet Swim step gets a Dri-Wash coating when it is dry. When wet I use the stuff that Warlock25 used to sell along with a Magic Eraser and it gets everything off. I am running out of the Warlock25 stuff and am going to try the Dri-Wash metal polish and see how that does. Hot Sauce doesn't work as well on the billet swim step for whatever reason.
Transom...Hot Sauce Transom cleaner. Works great.
Rub rail gets a Magic Eraser used on it everytime I clean the boat.
Hydraulic steering---400 grain sandpaper along with WD-40 to keep the water buildup off and keep it working properly.
I still am not sure what to use to get the grime off of the prop and outdrive....any suggestions? I sometimes have my boat in the water for a week or so at a time so the water grime buildup on the prop and outdrive occurs. I need help here......

charlyox
07-11-2006, 10:45 AM
Hey Tom try lime away on your outdrive. You spray it on and let it sit for a few minutes and hit it with a hi psi hose and it comes right off. Sometimes I use a scrub brush if it is real bad. Good luck.

DCBDaytona
07-11-2006, 10:45 AM
Wow...You're much more intense than I am.
Meguiar's Quik Detailer when I pull it out.
BAM for the Waterspots on the billet
Simple Green for the exhaust.
3M Marine Wax when it's waxed.

INSman
07-11-2006, 10:49 AM
Try Ducky on the billet swim step...
What are you using on your trim tabs ??

riverracerx
07-11-2006, 10:50 AM
Lime away or CLR for the prop. But use rubber gloves and a brush. That stuff can sting!
I soaked my prop for a couple days because it was BAD and now it looks brand new!
And the Magic Eraser works on just about everything!

ChumpChange
07-11-2006, 10:52 AM
I have the same exact procedure as Dilligaf except I'd have to substitue the word 'I' for 'Wife' in his story. :)

Deano
07-11-2006, 11:18 AM
spray the prop with CLR about 15 minutes before you put the boat in the water. Let it dry.
I did this on accident and my prop looked new after a two day soak in Havasu.

INSman
07-11-2006, 11:18 AM
Years ago I tried that Ducky stuff and was NOT impressed in the least. I think that the Dri-Wash is helping with the removal also by putting a coat on when dry which helps by fighting the buildup in the first place.
Don't get me wrong, I love the Dri Wash along with all the other stuff I use, but Ducky is the only thing that works consistently for the rear billet stuff on my boat that gets hammered with the sun and water spots. For everything else, Ducky sucks :)

BajaMike
07-11-2006, 11:19 AM
Before a trip out of the garage I use the Dri-Wash for protection and extra shine. Basically this is my wax I am using.
Interior I use the Hot Sauce interior along with a Magic Eraser but will be trying some of Magic34's stuff when I get the sampler pack I ordered. The Hot Sauce interior works great but will still try out the other stuff.
My Billet Swim step gets a Dri-Wash coating when it is dry. When wet I use the stuff that Warlock25 used to sell along with a Magic Eraser and it gets everything off. I am running out of the Warlock25 stuff and am going to try the Dri-Wash metal polish and see how that does. Hot Sauce doesn't work as well on the billet swim step for whatever reason.
Hydraulic steering---400 grain sandpaper along with WD-40 to keep the water buildup off and keep it working properly.
I still am not sure what to use to get the grime off of the prop and outdrive....any suggestions? I sometimes have my boat in the water for a week or so at a time so the water grime buildup on the prop and outdrive occurs. I need help here......
Tom, you're going to need a bigger garage or truck to hold all that stuff...:D
Well, actually, you probably couldn't have a bigger garage.... :idea:
:rollside:

INSman
07-11-2006, 11:47 AM
I may pick up a bottle just to try it out...you know, since you are so trustworthy...and shit :)
Of course, I am a pillar in the community.... :)
now, back to those trim tabs or do you not have them ??!!??

2Driver
07-11-2006, 11:49 AM
The products like Lime Away and CLR are just sulfuric acid. YOu can buy a gallon of Sulfuric acid at Home depot for a buck. I mean, you guys all know that right?
Not sure I would put that on my boat.

caroftheweek
07-11-2006, 12:08 PM
if you don't want to work or wait to get you prop clean, use muratic acid. 2-1 gallon bottles are like $4 at home depot. i have a hose running on the concrete and just pour it on the prop. it steams and then i spray it off with the hose. all the build up is gone. super easy. DO NOT BREATHE THE FUMES!! the fumes are super strong and will burn your nose.
our boat sits in the water for days at a time. so this is necessary. give it a shot and see how it works for you. i would do it in an outdoor area, not in the garage.
Ryan

INSman
07-11-2006, 12:11 PM
Mine are the basic black and I don't have any buildup on them. I just wipe them with the transom cleaner.
ahhh... I have the pewter ones that are powdercoated or anodized. I have yet to find something that cleans the white powdery residue :mad:

bignet
07-11-2006, 10:05 PM
Great tips Dilligaf, but where can I find Hot Sauce interior stuff, and Magic Eraser? Silly question, but need the 411...I keep my boat in storage in Havasu, and would like to know how to keep her looking shiny! :)
Thanks in advance...
:crossx:
bignet

phebus
07-12-2006, 05:30 AM
Tom, I'm calling B.S. on your earlier posted cleaning method, and I'm updating it to better reflect your true cleaning method
Have a beer
Have a beer
Have a beer
Have a beer
Have a beer
Have a beer
Have a beer
Have a beer, go on ***boat....
Have a beer, go back on ***boat, and delete all my earlier posts :rollside: :D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
07-12-2006, 05:42 AM
Here is the link to the hot sauce, vinyl sauce and transom sauce that "Boat Bling" makes. The inventor is our very own Roln20s (I think that's how you spell his screen name). He's here on the boards, in case you have any questions.
We love the stuff. It's awesome!
boat bling (http://www.boatbling.net/bbFrameset-1.htm) click on the "products" tab.

ChumpChange
07-12-2006, 05:49 AM
Here is the link to the hot sauce, vinyl sauce and transom sauce that "Boat Bling" makes. The inventor is our very own Roln20s (I think that's how you spell his screen name). He's here on the boards, in case you have any questions.
We love the stuff. It's awesome!
boat bling (http://www.boatbling.net/bbFrameset-1.htm) click on the "products" tab.
Who actually is the "inventor" of this stuff. This was being sold by Tobtek prior to his colaboration with Boat Bling.

phebus
07-12-2006, 06:05 AM
I beleive Toby worked with some mad scientist to create the sauce, formerly Toby's Pimp Juice (Or something like that. I was cleaning out my storage area, and found a gallon jug of the stuff), and Patrick aquired the line of cleaning goodies, and is now the distributor.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
07-12-2006, 06:39 AM
Oops! Sorry Toby! :cry: I forgot about that! Tobtek invented it and Roln20s (Patrick) is the distributor.