PDA

View Full Version : With gas approaching $4.00, would you buy a motorcycle?

Tremor Therapy
07-11-2006, 03:16 PM
The pundits are saying gas will be $6.00 per gallon by next year. So with that in mind, would you consider ditching your car for the daily commute, and buying a motorcycle? I am really curious as a few people I work with are telling me that they are saving enough on gas to pay for the bike, the insurance, the gas for the bike, and have money left over.
If you wouldn't buy a bike, why not?

Mrs. Bordsmnj
07-11-2006, 03:22 PM
I would ride my quad to work, that would be fun! :rollside:

DAB
07-11-2006, 03:23 PM
TT, what' s happening? Hope all is well... Rode one for 10+ years for daily commuting.. these days, roads up here are f'n crazy and it's not if you get into an accident on a bike, it's when.... miss the hell out of it though..

Old Texan
07-11-2006, 03:25 PM
F the bike, I'm buying unleaded gas futures.

caroftheweek
07-11-2006, 03:26 PM
if i didn't have a company gas card, i would consider it. but only because my commute is about 15 mins and no freeway.

RitcheyRch
07-11-2006, 03:26 PM
My grandfather (God rest his soul) used to always say, "There are two types of motorcycle riders"
-Those that have busted their ass and those that will bust their ass

soupersonic
07-11-2006, 03:27 PM
$6 per gallon? Id get a horse!!

Tremor Therapy
07-11-2006, 03:35 PM
TT, what' s happening? Hope all is well... Rode one for 10+ years for daily commuting.. these days, roads up here are f'n crazy and it's not if you get into an accident on a bike, it's when.... miss the hell out of it though..
Hey Dave how are ya?
Just doing some thinking out loud as I too rode a bike for the commute for about 6 years. But with all the knuckleheads on the roads nowadays, I had never re-considered it. But I figure I am spending about $400 a month on gas for my truck, and I could probably get away with about $50 on an enduro. I do worry about all of idiots on the road, but hell if gas gets up to $6.00 per gallon by next summer, I would be spending about $685 per month in gas! Hell 2 tanks full on my boat is about that much! :cry: :cry: :cry:

jbtrailerjim
07-11-2006, 03:45 PM
Not a chance. My commute to work is less than 10 miles and there is way to many idiots on the road to ride a motorcycle around here.

RitcheyRch
07-11-2006, 03:47 PM
No way. My commute is 50 miles each way from Castaic to Palmdale. I see way too many idiots on the road to put my self in danger.

ChumpChange
07-11-2006, 03:48 PM
I would but it's hard to see clients when I ride up on a bike wearing slacks and a tie. It's hot out there too. I like my air conditioning. Use to ride a bike and it was fun....then I crashed it.

DeeCandyBar
07-11-2006, 03:54 PM
IMO, no matter how much gas costs, it's not worth saving a bunch of money and risking leaving my family without their husband/father (and being without my family).
Be safe - get a used econobox and drive away :)

Goober
07-11-2006, 03:57 PM
Not to be a dick but i am paying $2.72 (87) a gallon right now yall poor souls are getting ripped off.

77charger
07-11-2006, 03:58 PM
already have one just starting to ride it more often and less truck

No Name
07-11-2006, 04:02 PM
Once gas gets to 4.00 I’m going to quit my job, of course I’ll have to get one before I can do that. :D :D

Froggystyle
07-11-2006, 04:02 PM
I have one, ride it regularly...
I have a pretty short commute though. I am actually seriously considering driving a Rhino to work everyday! Almost as fun as a bike... probably safer though...

JetBoatRich
07-11-2006, 04:06 PM
I have a company vehicle, but if I did not I would give it some thought :rolleyes:

riverracerx
07-11-2006, 04:25 PM
My commute is too far and all freeway. I have ridden bikes all my life, but with little kids I just can't do it. You have either gone down, or will go down.
The same goes for buying a gas saving rollerskate. I just can't put my kids in there knowing they will be safe. I would rather pay the gas prices for a bigger safer vehicle.
I would rather be the hammer than the nail.
But I love that Yamaha R6!

SUI-CY-COLE
07-11-2006, 04:28 PM
i got a heritage softail for sale!!!!!!!!

My Man's Sportin' Wood
07-11-2006, 04:34 PM
Jeff just bought one last month.

HocusPocus
07-11-2006, 04:44 PM
my commute is maybe 3 miles round trip, i could walk to work if the weather is good. :) but i would really like a dual sport bike :)

Freak
07-11-2006, 04:45 PM
$6! Might happen with a serious event type disaster other wise I don't think it will happen till after 2008. 2008 is the turning point...after that the shit will start to hit the fan. I have seen estimates on $4 which I believe. I doubt many would be going to work at $6 cause they would not have a job to go to. :skull: The economic fallout of $6 would be great.
Anyway if you do the #'s some of the economy cars of today come real close to cost of ownership to a motorcycle. The honda fit for example or the pre 2006 civic. Hard to believe yes but it's true. 40+mpg, tires that last 40+k miles etc. Good in bad weather. Also at $6 you might be somewhat safer in a car when all the people that cannot affored gas get pissed that you can. People are pawning stuff a $3 - consider $6. Having said that a KLR650 is hard to beat. Interesting times are coming. The entitlement mentality and all. I commend you on preparing to live with such costs. Remember the cost of fuel will affect the cost of everything.
Living close to work is the best bet.

CA Stu
07-11-2006, 05:05 PM
Having said that a KLR650 is hard to beat.
I've got one of those and a couple of other street bikes, ride them to work about 1/2 the time. 50+mpg, $200 a year to insure (the KLR) , and bone simple to work on. Lane splitting, I pass 500 cars on my way home Friday afternoon, and I can park damn near anywhere.
All you people that are scared about riding on the street should take the Motorcycle Safety Foundation rider safety courses. You'll learn a lot.
Nothing in life is 100% safe, but you can sure stack the odds in your favor.
Fatalities on bikes usually involve drinking, younger / inexperienced riders. lack of safety gear, and most often, NO FORMAL TRAINING.
Spend the $200 to learn street strategies, maybe read "Proficient Motorcycling" by David Hough and "Sportbiking: The Real World" by Gary Jaehne, and ride safely and confidently.
Or, just sit there and parrot the same old BS about how bikes are dangerous, no skin off my snoot. :)
Thanks
CA Stu

CA Stu
07-11-2006, 05:07 PM
Not a chance. My commute to work is less than 10 miles and there is way to many idiots on the road to ride a motorcycle around here.
Make sure to wave to me when I lane split past you. :boxed:
Cheers
CA Stu

TRUMP TIGHT
07-11-2006, 05:08 PM
I would but i need my truck for work. I will be compensated based on gas prices though and use the civic for everything else.

gmejia
07-11-2006, 05:11 PM
i had a motorcycle hit and run on the freeway ..chp caught the guy said it was my fault he was an illegal no license no ins..total b.s. on sat 7/8/2006 on the way to work 6 am the chp had a guy from a motorcycle in a body bag...sukz ill keep it on the dirt i use my bros once in awhile but not as much fun with dumb asses on the road :mad:

HP350SC
07-11-2006, 05:11 PM
I've got one of those and a couple of other street bikes, ride them to work about 1/2 the time. 50+mpg, $200 a year to insure (the KLR) , and bone simple to work on. Lane splitting, I pass 500 cars on my way home Friday afternoon, and I can park damn near anywhere.
All you people that are scared about riding on the street should take the Motorcycle Safety Foundation rider safety courses. You'll learn a lot.
Nothing in life is 100% safe, but you can sure stack the odds in your favor.
Fatalities on bikes usually involve drinking, younger / inexperienced riders. lack of safety gear, and most often, NO FORMAL TRAINING.
Spend the $200 to learn street strategies, maybe read "Proficient Motorcycling" by David Hough and "Sportbiking: The Real World" by Gary Jaehne, and ride safely and confidently.
Or, just sit there and parrot the same old BS about how bikes are dangerous, no skin off my snoot. :)
Thanks
CA Stu
Right on post man.

Jbb
07-11-2006, 05:12 PM
"Pee Wee"...Brown saves by riding his bike.......to the movie theatre.... :p

Tom Brown
07-11-2006, 05:14 PM
"Pee Wee"...Brown saves by riding his bike.......to the movie theatre.... :p
That does save me a little cash. :)
I think I'll use that cash to buy a supercharged big block jet boat that burns $20/gallon race fuel. :idea:

Jbb
07-11-2006, 05:16 PM
That does save me a little cash. :)
I think I'll use that cash to buy a supercharged big block jet boat that burns $20/gallon race fuel. :idea:
Careful there turbo.....The acceleration would probably make you wet your pants... :D

Tom Brown
07-11-2006, 05:20 PM
Too late! :eek:

CA Stu
07-11-2006, 05:27 PM
:mad: The oil industry right now is running the American dream right out the door at "SPECULATION" that gas will be 6.00 a gallon, they want it there so bad they can taste those new mansions. When gas hits and stays at the 4.00 mark we all will be changing what we will and won't be doing. Getting to your job will be priority one, food on the table, house & carpayments, then if theres anything left, fun, and that will be limited on how much you make or how much your gonna rob from your savings.
You all can laugh,but you know its true unless your somekind of millionaire.
Once it creeps past 4+ a gallon watch out this country is gonna be on shakey economic ground !! Who's gonna be buying toys, bikes, buggies, rv's, boat's, planes and at 6.00, its'going to come to a halt. The bike is a short term fix, if you get hurt riding your screwed.
What a bunch of hooey.
"Shaky economic ground"? Puh-leeze. The American economy is far more robust than you give it credit for.
Gas has been over $6 a gallon in Europe for years, the birds still sing, the sun still shines, and people have a good time.
You may have to modify your behavior, but that's life.
Evolve and enjoy it. That's why the dinosaurs died, they didn't adapt!
Lighten up!
Thanks
CA Stu <--got 60 mpg out of one tank 2 weeks ago

jbtrailerjim
07-11-2006, 05:31 PM
:mad: The oil industry right now is running the American dream right out the door at "SPECULATION" that gas will be 6.00 a gallon, they want it there so bad they can taste those new mansions. When gas hits and stays at the 4.00 mark we all will be changing what we will and won't be doing. Getting to your job will be priority one, food on the table, house & carpayments, then if theres anything left, fun, and that will be limited on how much you make or how much your gonna rob from your savings.
Once it creeps past 4+ a gallon watch out this country is gonna be on shakey economic ground !! Who's gonna be buying toys, bikes, buggies, rv's, boat's, planes and at 6.00, its'going to come to a halt. The bike is a short term fix, if you get hurt riding your screwed.
There is a lot of truth to your post and I totally agree.
Gas prices have not been in the $3 range for very long and I'm starting to see the effects of it already in the industry I'm in. If it creeps up to the $4 range and stays there, there is going to be a lot of people hurting from it. The rv and boat industry will be hurt by it big time.

Devil's Advocate
07-11-2006, 05:33 PM
My ride is very fuel efficient....
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/3507big_wheel.jpg

Sleek-Jet
07-11-2006, 05:42 PM
I will not be going to the lake at 6.00/gal, but my truck is paid for and gas will have to get reaaaaaaaaaly high before I even consider a new car payment and insurance. I have a 20 mile round trip commute to work, the Blazer get 18 mpg...

CA Stu
07-11-2006, 05:45 PM
Hey Ca Stu, the "euro's" don't drive the distances we do for starters, yes I know they have trains for everything, but kinda hard to pull your boat with a train, we'll see if your still doin the things you are now when it's 6.00 a gallon.
I'll be taking more people ($$$$$$$$$$) with me, that's for sure. :)
One of my trucks gets 9 mpg, I only drive that one on my day off.
Thanks
CA Stu
PS If rising gas prices take 1/2 the cars off the street, I will be happy.

spectras only
07-11-2006, 06:18 PM
Hey Ca Stu, the "euro's" don't drive the distances we do for starters, yes I know they have trains for everything, but kinda hard to pull your boat with a train,
I grew up in europe using a well established transit system that took you through a major city in half an hour.A major trip between cities only took between 1-3 hours. Bus service was less than 5 min apart ,or you could choose a streetcar that rolled in the stops equally fast. The majority of people in the city used their cars on the weekends only , so they lasted like 20 yrs :) . Don't think that scenario would help automakers selling cars & trucks like we're used to today :p . Gasoline fuels our economy , and 6 dollars per gal would definitely have a huge impact on everything we do :220v: . Think I'll go on welfare and let the government pay for my cab-fare to get my groceries :p :rollside:

PHX ATC
07-11-2006, 07:07 PM
$6 per gallon? Id get a horse!!
I've got 2 horses, does that mean I'm good to go with gas at $12/gal?
TT, I thought you were looking for a diesel last week? :)

Tom Brown
07-11-2006, 07:09 PM
I grew up in europe using a well established transit system that took you through a major city in half an hour.
What? ... and have to walk a block or two once in a while? That's bullshit. Count me in for a new $60000 truck every two years and $12000+ per year in fuel. I can't be living with minor inconvenience. I won't. You can't make me.
... just send that common sense right back to Europe where it belongs. :D

77charger
07-11-2006, 07:14 PM
Already has me making less trips people can keep up and play for short term but eventually it will hit everyone sooner or later.Going to powell in 2 weeks i am trying to figure out how i will budget or what gets cut out.Started by leaving truck at home and riding bike more 2 weeks worth of gas saving will get me there.
As for glamis going to be less trips this year.I am lucky enought to have boat and toys paid for cause if i were on payment plans they would get sold while theres still buyers

KineticoH20
07-11-2006, 07:41 PM
It just so happens I have one for sale in the SPAM section :)

spectras only
07-11-2006, 08:42 PM
What? ... and have to walk a block or two once in a while? That's bullshit. ... just send that common sense right back to Europe where it belongs. :D
Tom , just got pizzed at my kid asking me to give him a ride to his buddy's house just a few blocks away :220v: . I said to him , you could use a little exercise .He gave up TKD after earning his black belt ,and hasn't done any sports for years . His answer was that's BS ,we have a different way of life nowdays :argue: :rolleyes: :mad:
BTW , just saw a new ad of the 07 Avalanche that's E-85 friendly .You guys have a lot of wheat to make your own fuel for that one :idea: ;) :cool: .

Tom Brown
07-11-2006, 08:44 PM
...that's BS ,we have a different way of life nowdays :argue: :rolleyes: :mad:
The current way of life has guys parking in the firelane at the gym because they don't want to walk four car lengths to their vehicle.... on their way to and from a workout.
WTF? :D :D :D

spectras only
07-11-2006, 08:48 PM
Tom , are you going to make a trip this way sometime this summer ?

Tom Brown
07-11-2006, 08:51 PM
I think so.
I was supposed to be there right now. I may leave tomorrow or it might not be until Monday.
It looks like I'll only be there for three days so I don't know if I'll have time to hook up.

spectras only
07-11-2006, 08:56 PM
Let me know , the weather looks promising for the weekend and we'll go boating . Off to go pickimg up the little focker from his friend's place :mad: :)

DILLIGAF
07-11-2006, 09:12 PM
Jeff just bought one last month.
Tell him to PM me when he wants to go for a ride

ROZ
07-12-2006, 12:43 AM
Just an FYI... TT's commute is only about 4 miles ! He just wants a bike!!! :D

vdrivenman
07-12-2006, 02:37 AM
i recently changed positions at my job and had to give up my county unit and credit card. so the choice's were the dodge dually,dodge charger,or the scooter.
charger is actually the wife's car, & our shifts are different so i choose the scooter.
i rode solo at the department i worked at for many years so i am comfortable riding and yes i had wrecks. two of them. one my fault, the other not my fault. i went 13 yrs between wrecks and am now way past that point.
my commute is about 25 miles one way. i carry disability insurance in my line of work anyways.
the $10 i spend a week for the scooter compared to the $100 a week for the truck.plus wear & tare on six tires and parts. i'll ride the scooter.
i've attended police motor school and you have to ride defensively and take nothing for granted. just when you think you're comfortable is when you get
your azz busted !
plus trying to take care of the truck so it will last for years to come.

duffster
07-12-2006, 05:18 AM
The pundits are saying gas will be $6.00 per gallon by next year. So with that in mind, would you consider ditching your car for the daily commute, and buying a motorcycle? I am really curious as a few people I work with are telling me that they are saving enough on gas to pay for the bike, the insurance, the gas for the bike, and have money left over.
If you wouldn't buy a bike, why not?
I'm selling my truck and getting a 83 Honda moped. :crossx:

axkiker
07-12-2006, 05:53 AM
http://www.ethanolstill.com/index.html

a catered life
07-12-2006, 06:46 AM
due to the factr i am scared shitless about riding something with no safety crap around me and i friend was killed on a bike i would have to say nope..but we are picking up a older acura integra this week to help with commute...we currently spending about $600 a month in commuter gas alone so this used acura should cost us around $160 a month WOW that about $440 in savings

Tremor Therapy
07-12-2006, 06:47 AM
Just an FYI... TT's commute is only about 4 miles ! He just wants a bike!!! :D
Come on Rozmus....its an 11 mile round trip commute you killjoy, and it still costs me $400 bucks a month to drive my truck through the 16 stop lights (each way) and past the 5 schools (each way). My question is not just for those with long commutes, as we all know that the type of commute I drive each day is the worse kind for a vehicle. Besides, once gas peaks $4.00 or $5.00 per gallon it will be interesting to see what becomes of everyones mad money.....because it will be gone, and then some hard choices will have to be made.
Remember, this country was set up so we could live in the suburbs and commute to our jobs, and with fuel starting to hit unreasonable prices, whats going to happen to communities like Temecula, Murrieta, and other commuter towns? I think that increasing fuel prices will have a greater impact on the economy than people think.
Just ask yourself 1 question, with gas at $5.00 per gallon, are you really looking at a new motorhome or a twin engine boat, or are you re-balancing the family budget because of the $500-$600 increase in your gas money expenditures. I for one know that once gas hits $4.00-$5.00+ that I will probably give up boating. My example is my 7 day trip to Lake Powell starting this weekend....$350 gas to get there + an average of $300 per day in gas + $350 in gas to get home=$2800.00 just in gas! Hell 2 years ago that was two 5 day trips to the 'Zoo! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Freak
07-12-2006, 06:54 AM
http://www.ethanolstill.com/index.html
You got a old car with a carb to rejet for alky? Current FI in cars aint running 100% alky or 90% or 80% or 70% and so on.
Now a motorcyle with a carb is the trick.

PHX ATC
07-12-2006, 07:28 AM
Gas prices and usage are just a cost of doing business.
Life continues, you still drive to/from work, you still cart the kid(s) to their activities, you still roll down to the cantina for dinner, you still enjoy boating, all the while you are alive, living la vida loca.
Remember when gas prices hit $2.00 a gallon? You managed.
Remember $3.00 a gallon? You're managing.
You'll manage. Be happy you have a respectable job and have balanced your life and finances to be able to afford what you have at the prices they are. What's important? Family, health, security in life. Count your blessings before they are gone.
On with the gas crisis menagerie.

28Prowler525
07-12-2006, 08:35 AM
$6.00 a gallon = 2/3rds of the traffic causing morons not driving, and 1/2 the boats on the river. I say bring on $10.00.

28Prowler525
07-12-2006, 08:39 AM
And to answer the question. Don't have a street bike now, but have had them and will have them again.

ECeptor
07-12-2006, 08:41 AM
BTW , just saw a new ad of the 07 Avalanche that's E-85 friendly .You guys have a lot of wheat to make your own fuel for that one :idea: ;) :cool: .
That's my plan if it get's to $4/gal. My next house will be in the country where I can set up what's necessary to brew my own. Mix it with pump gas cut my dependancy by 85%! I know enough farmers I can buy wheat/corn direct from them and probably simply trade E85 back to them for the cost. Even if the cost was the same as at the pump, it would be worth it to me to keep those $$$ in local hands and not overseas or give it to an already fat industry.
Then I'll rebuild my boat engine to run the straight stuff and bump the compression up accordingly. Then I'd have to rename the boat "Corn Fed."
Add a bio-diesel burning Jetta to my stable and I'm set.

beaverretriever
07-12-2006, 08:53 AM
Im selling NEW Harleys under MSRP if anyone is interested. I dont have too many left but I will give the smokin deal. Pm with any questions. :cool:

Family Jewell
07-12-2006, 09:22 AM
As the plaster foreman stated as he limped in to my yard as they were platering my pool stated . When you own a motorcycle it isn't if you fall it is when you fall because at some point you will.
First off I would probably get a smaller vehicle than what I have now but big enough for client's.
But I believe we all need to stand together an start recalling these congress man,senetors and others who are not looking out for the American people. You have to know that now they have raised fuel cost to 3.50 per Gallon it is not much further to 4.00 then 4.75. It will never stop unless we get rid of these greedy politicians and send these bastards a message.

ROZ
07-12-2006, 09:57 AM
Come on Rozmus....its an 11 mile round trip commute you killjoy
Oops... 5.5 miles to work each way .... :D
I hear ya, though...
My example is my 7 day trip to Lake Powell starting this weekend....$350 gas to get there + an average of $300 per day in gas + $350 in gas to get home=$2800.00 just in gas! Hell 2 years ago that was two 5 day trips to the 'Zoo! :mad: :mad: :mad:
Talk about a buzzkill...

axkiker
07-12-2006, 10:25 AM
You got a old car with a carb to rejet for alky? Current FI in cars aint running 100% alky or 90% or 80% or 70% and so on.
Now a motorcyle with a carb is the trick.
Well here is my understanding after reading some articles on the subject. Alot of cars are now e85 compatable. e85 being 85% ethanhol and 15% gas. One being the 2006 f150 5.4 ltr and the 3.0 ltr ford rangers. There was some web site which listed thoes and alot of others. I know ford puts a little green leaf on the rear of their trucks which are e85 compatable. I also read that their are a couple aftermarket companies which are starting to take chips from FI vehicles and reprogramming them to accept e85. Now does it work well who knows. Shoot with the price of gas ill convert the truck to a carb and go on my way. Might be an interesting project.

axkiker
07-12-2006, 10:28 AM
I agree totally, I would pay more than the cost of gas for e85 just to keep thoes money hungry oil companies from owning me.
That's my plan if it get's to $4/gal. My next house will be in the country where I can set up what's necessary to brew my own. Mix it with pump gas cut my dependancy by 85%! I know enough farmers I can buy wheat/corn direct from them and probably simply trade E85 back to them for the cost. Even if the cost was the same as at the pump, it would be worth it to me to keep those $$$ in local hands and not overseas or give it to an already fat industry.
Then I'll rebuild my boat engine to run the straight stuff and bump the compression up accordingly. Then I'd have to rename the boat "Corn Fed."
Add a bio-diesel burning Jetta to my stable and I'm set.

Sportin' Wood
07-12-2006, 11:46 AM
Tell him to PM me when he wants to go for a ride
I'm game most any day..
F- gas prices, I'm finally happy to drive to work. Hella fun! The best part is I don't have to tow it 5 hours to have fun with it :)

CA Stu
07-12-2006, 12:35 PM
As the plaster foreman stated as he limped in to my yard as they were platering my pool stated . When you own a motorcycle it isn't if you fall it is when you fall because at some point you will.
First off I would probably get a smaller vehicle than what I have now but big enough for client's.
But I believe we all need to stand together an start recalling these congress man,senetors and others who are not looking out for the American people. You have to know that now they have raised fuel cost to 3.50 per Gallon it is not much further to 4.00 then 4.75. It will never stop unless we get rid of these greedy politicians and send these bastards a message.
Politicians set gas prices? Who knew? :)
You can't really be that dense, can you? :D
And as far as crashing on a bike and that old, tired saying , here is a far more accurate one: "There are old riders, and there are bold riders, but there aren't many old, bold riders."
Thanks
CA Stu
PS "Senators" "Congressmen" "into" "started" , etc. etc.

Family Jewell
07-12-2006, 01:04 PM
Politicians set gas prices? Who knew? :)
You can't really be that dense, can you? :D
And as far as crashing on a bike and that old, tired saying , here is a far more accurate one: "There are old riders, and there are bold riders, but there aren't many old, bold riders."
Thanks
CA Stu
PS "Senators" "Congressmen" "into" "started" , etc. etc.
Thanks for the spelling corections this subject gets me all excited and not in a good way !
Dense ! No Informed Yes!
If you watch what is going on the politicians will not hold these companies accountable for the over charging at the pump. There have been offers made by other oil companies in the world to build and oil refinery off shore and ship the fuel in to our ports. This alone would eliminate the enviromental issues. But the politicians won't allow it to happen. Thier are a number of other oil companies in the world that would love to sell thier refined oil products here but they are not allowed. Another good example of price fixing is the oil companies own every thing from the oil exporation to the gas station you buy your fuel from and the politicians allowed it to happen. Think back to when the groverment broke up the phone company or when they threaten to break up General Motors if thier market share reached more than 42% of the total market. These are all ways groverment controls prices. Think about it!

SmokinLowriderSS
07-12-2006, 01:55 PM
I already own 2, and been riding bikes since I was about 7 yrs old, way before the 3-wheeler was invented.
Oh, and you couldn't GIVE me a quad, I hate them. 1 wheel too many for maneuverability and HEAVY sumbiches.

spectras only
07-12-2006, 02:58 PM
Well here is my understanding after reading some articles on the subject. Alot of cars are now e85 compatable. e85 being 85% ethanhol and 15% gas. One being the 2006 f150 5.4 ltr and the 3.0 ltr ford rangers. There was some web site which listed thoes and alot of others.
> http://www.e85fuel.com/information/vin.php

Knucklehead
07-12-2006, 03:51 PM
Buy this bike and you wont have to bitch anymore about gas prices...Come on people I have 1 kid and 3 wives to feed :cry:
O and if gas gets to 6.00 a gallon I'm moving to Greenland and opening a tanning salon

selfmade
07-12-2006, 05:02 PM
I Ride Bikes And I Love Them But Its Only For Recreation If I Had To Ride Them As A Primary Form Of Transportation I Think I Would Hate It Riding Through Traffic On A Daily Basis Would Suck

Mrs.Killer
08-03-2006, 10:17 PM
IMO, no matter how much gas costs, it's not worth saving a bunch of money and risking leaving my family without their husband/father (and being without my family).
Be safe - get a used econobox and drive away :)
Are you sure they feel the same????

SHOTKALLIN
08-03-2006, 10:34 PM
I would buy a bike but not for a commuter veh. Too many idiots on the road. besides it doesn't make sense to drop 10, 15 or 20k to save a few at the pump.

jjfosterj
08-03-2006, 10:47 PM
Shit do they even float since this thead has been up I sank two trying. Shit I'm keeping the boat :) :) :) :) :)

VanDeano
08-04-2006, 01:28 AM
IMO As soon as Bush gets out of office prices will drop like a rock...and if not, I'll buy me a 1965 VW Bug. What do they get about 50 miles to a gallon?

RitcheyRch
08-04-2006, 04:55 AM
Or find an old 80's Honda CRX. They were in the 40-50 mpg range back then.
IMO As soon as Bush gets out of office prices will drop like a rock...and if not, I'll buy me a 1965 VW Bug. What do they get about 50 miles to a gallon?

cola
08-04-2006, 06:21 AM
I didn't buy for work, but I use it if I don't need any tools. I will ride it up to Gorman & layout a job next week.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1268153_5360_1.JPG

Froggystyle
08-04-2006, 08:32 AM
I didn't buy for work, but I use it if I don't need any tools. I will ride it up to Gorman & layout a job next week.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1268153_5360_1.JPG
Hell Damn Yeah!
Sweet ride Mike! I just sold mine... :(

cola
08-04-2006, 09:31 AM
Hell Damn Yeah!
Sweet ride Mike! I just sold mine... :(
Thanks Wes, I bought the 999s and took it back & told him to order the 999r. I picked it up on Wed & left for Laguna Seca on Thur. It's ready for the first service & exhaust.
Late, Mike

NOTALENT
08-04-2006, 12:49 PM
http://myspace-539.vo.llnwd.net/00995/93/59/995209539_l.jpg

cola
08-04-2006, 04:50 PM
http://myspace-539.vo.llnwd.net/00995/93/59/995209539_l.jpg
Going for a ride in the AM. Wrightwood, down the backside and around to Newcombs Ranch on Hwy 2 in the Angeles Crest Forest for breakfast. Anyone. Where meeting at the McDonalds @ the 15 and 138 at 8 am.
Mike 909 380-9066

NOTALENT
08-04-2006, 08:19 PM
Going for a ride in the AM. Wrightwood, down the backside and around to Newcombs Ranch on Hwy 2 in the Angeles Crest Forest for breakfast. Anyone. Where meeting at the McDonalds @ the 15 and 138 at 8 am.
Mike 909 380-9066
I wish I could, but would need more notice...Headed to San Diego manana for the SD Street Scene. :rollside: Be safe and have fun.