PDA

View Full Version : Kachina gets owned by Seadoo on Mojave? (pic)

Playbuoy
07-11-2006, 10:26 PM
Yes, tough to watch, but during 4th of July weekend there was this Kachina getting towed back to Katherine's by a Seadoo.
Not much I could do since Boatcops were already there, but thought I'd snap a pic in good fun...

Hotcobra270
07-11-2006, 10:32 PM
maybe he just ran out of juice...

Jordy
07-11-2006, 10:34 PM
maybe he just ran out of juice...
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15452
Guess they should have had some more painted on the side as I hear that's an option, perhaps a skull with a flaming paddle, or just more juice. Hard to say. :D :D :D

No Name
07-11-2006, 10:36 PM
Yes, tough to watch, but during 4th of July weekend there was this Kachina getting towed back to Katherine's by a Seadoo.
Not much I could do since Boatcops were already there, but thought I'd snap a pic in good fun...
Yeah that’s definitely a Kachina…. Just wondering, what would you have done if there wasn’t a boat cop there? :confused:

Playbuoy
07-11-2006, 10:37 PM
Yeah that’s definitely a Kachina…. Just wondering, what would you have done if there wasn’t a boat cop there? :confused:
Um, duh, would have towed his ass back to Katherine's myself. No question.

Jordy
07-11-2006, 10:42 PM
I'm pretty sure we just worked on that boat. I think his name is Oscar. Pretty cool dude.
That's Scream and Debbola's boat. Pretty sure Scream doesn't go by Oscar seeing how his name is Matt, unless you're talking about the lake lice. ;)

bunny 166
07-11-2006, 10:56 PM
Awww, poor Scream and Deb...Hope everything is Ok... :cry:

Hardly Satisfied
07-12-2006, 02:25 AM
things happen

RitcheyRch
07-12-2006, 04:39 AM
Hopefully was nothing major wrong with the boat.

GHT
07-12-2006, 05:55 AM
Wonder if it was the motor... That would be rare... :rolleyes:
My Kachina has been running strong for 43 hours now... I think this is the longest run with out problems.. :cool:

Beautiful Noise
07-12-2006, 06:58 AM
Pretty sure Scream doesn't go by Oscar seeing how his name is Matt, unless you're talking about the lake lice. ;)
After being Towed in by a Sea-Doo,Scream might want to change his name to Oscar :cool: :rolleyes: :)

2Driver
07-12-2006, 07:09 AM
I've towed in enough sea-doos, its about time they repay a boaters or two.

BadKachina
07-12-2006, 07:16 AM
Some people will do anything to save money on gas. :rolleyes: :idea: :rollside:

Kachina26
07-12-2006, 08:07 AM
Knowing Matt, I'm sure it had something to do with his prop :D:D:D

phebus
07-12-2006, 08:08 AM
I actually think he is towing the Seadoo backwards off a sandbar :D
Better story, huh Matt and Deb

Jyruiz
07-12-2006, 08:11 AM
I've towed in enough sea-doos, its about time they repay a boaters or two.
Back in my SeaDoo days, I towed more boats than skis. I always got offered money but I never took a dime. I saw everybody on the water as boaters no matter what they were on.

Mandelon
07-12-2006, 08:13 AM
That's funny. Sorry Deb.

Debbolas
07-12-2006, 08:14 AM
Ok,
We ran out of gas....................that's it!
Nothing sexy,
our engine is fine (it's still not blue, but it's just fine)
our prop is fine, (we need another one, if anyone has one to sell)
just no gas in the tank
What pissed me off, was the fact that NO ONE STOPPED TO HELP US..........we have towed people numerous times off of sand bars and when they ran out of gas...............
I had to jump off the bow to keep the boat from floating into rocks (I was like Jack-la-lane swimming and towing my boat :D)
We were floating into the rocks by telephone cove (I think) and screaming for help, finally some good kind souls jump on their sea doo and come to help us.....
It was a long hot trip back to Katherines, the sea do ran out of gas and kept stalling, The boat cops stopped, but couldn't tow us, they can just call for vessel assist.
It's no fun to be towed back to Katherines on a busy Sunday before the 4th of July with boats and jet skis coming at you from all sides....
So thank you to the good kind souls on the sea doo that saved us.
(I almost take back everything I ever said about stupid jet ski drivers, I still think they should have their own lake)
Debbolas <----------------Oscar's wife ;) aka Mz Jack La Lane :rolleyes:

Debbolas
07-12-2006, 08:16 AM
That's funny. Sorry Deb.
Do ya see me in the bow with my little orange flag? :crossx: I said to Matt, sure hope no one gets a picture of this! :rolleyes:
lol :cry:

Ziggy
07-12-2006, 08:16 AM
Awww, poor Scream and Deb...Hope everything is Ok... :cry:
Looks like Matt has his head bowed and saying a prayer.....
Bummer, I hope its a simple deal for them.. :)

RitcheyRch
07-12-2006, 08:17 AM
Thankfully was nothing more than running out of gas.

Ziggy
07-12-2006, 08:22 AM
So Mr. Prop checker forgot to look at the fuel gauge too?? :p

Debbolas
07-12-2006, 08:23 AM
Looks like Matt has his head bowed and saying a prayer.....
Bummer, I hope its a simple deal for them.. :)
Yeah! :rolleyes: right! :crossx:
(he was kinda grumpy :argue: at this point in the trip, the see doo guy didn't know where Katherines was and do ya see the size of the guy riding behind him? why did he have to go? I know I shouldn't be picky, they are towin my boat and all, but DAM that is a big guy, he could have waited!
One other person wanted to go with them, but they talked her out of it..... can you imagine 3 people on that little ski towin our big old boat?)

Debbolas
07-12-2006, 08:27 AM
So Mr. Prop checker forgot to look at the fuel gauge too?? :p
LMAO!!! :D
Ya know, he is away on a business trip for a week, so he can't really defend himself until he gets back............:D
We pulled the boat off the water to get gas just the day before, it was $4.15 at Katherines when we put some gas in our boat and the see doo's. It was $2.90 in town, I think?
(the See Doo guys ran out of gas just as we were pulling up) Nice guys, wouldn't take any money for their trouble.....
I'm sure EVERYONE has run out of gas at one point or another in their boating lives....................right?:D

shueman
07-12-2006, 08:34 AM
.....NO ONE STOPPED TO HELP US..........we have towed people numerous times off of sand bars and when they ran out of gas....
That's really crap, and would piss me off too..... :mad:
First Rule in Boating is help anyone in need....you can actually be CITED & FINED for not giving aid to a boat in distress.... :hammerhea

Mandelon
07-12-2006, 08:36 AM
That's the second time Kelly has had to be towed back due to running out of gas... :p
When my fuel gauge stops being pinned at full, I figure its at half...they are really inaccurate. :yuk:
Glad you are alright.

Beautiful Noise
07-12-2006, 08:41 AM
I'm sure EVERYONE has run out of gas at one point or another in their boating lives....................right?:D
Now don't try and drag everybody else in on this Moment of Fame :rollside: :)

KACHINA KEN
07-12-2006, 08:44 AM
Knowing Matt, I'm sure it had something to do with his prop :D:D:D
:)

Debbolas
07-12-2006, 08:44 AM
That's really crap, and would piss me off too..... :mad:
First Rule in Boating is help anyone in need....you can actually be CITED & FINED for not giving aid to a boat in distress.... :hammerhea
It sucked!!! we were screaming and waving our orange flag, we had our engine hatch up, NO ONE STOPPED.......
I didn't want to say anything, but I've noticed a difference between Lake Mohave and the lower river, by Park Moabe ( I know I spelled it wrong).
On the river (sandbar, Park Moabe, Topock) everyone one waves to you as you pass. We have stopped to switch our tanks and have people stop to see if we needed help.
Lake Mohave (and I could be wrong, I've only been going there for a year) isn't that friendly. No one waves, OR STOPS TO HELP YOU!! I guess because there are so many "strangers" from Laughlin and not that many "locals"......
Now up by Cottonwood, it seemed better, friendlier....
I like how Mandy is always looking out for Kelly ;)
:D

JetBoatRich
07-12-2006, 08:55 AM
Do we need to pitch in for fuel :rolleyes:

2Driver
07-12-2006, 09:38 AM
Back in my SeaDoo days, I towed more boats than skis.
I as well. Even on this a couple of times.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/3347msskifly.jpg

Jyruiz
07-12-2006, 10:01 AM
I as well. Even on this a couple of times.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/3347msskifly.jpg
Nice Kawi, I had a Yamaha Superjet.
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15467&stc=1

Mandelon
07-12-2006, 10:03 AM
It sucked!!! we were screaming and waving our orange flag, we had our engine hatch up, NO ONE STOPPED.......
I didn't want to say anything, but I've noticed a difference between Lake Mohave and the lower river, by Park Moabe ( I know I spelled it wrong).
On the river (sandbar, Park Moabe, Topock) everyone one waves to you as you pass. We have stopped to switch our tanks and have people stop to see if we needed help.
Lake Mohave (and I could be wrong, I've only been going there for a year) isn't that friendly. No one waves, OR STOPS TO HELP YOU!! I guess because there are so many "strangers" from Laughlin and not that many "locals"......
Now up by Cottonwood, it seemed better, friendlier....
I like how Mandy is always looking out for Kelly ;)
LOL, I am too obvious... :p

Debbolas
07-12-2006, 10:14 AM
Ok, the real story is these guys were feeling bad about having jet skies instead of a boat, and I'm like, it's not so bad, I bet your jet ski could tow our boat, and they are like NO WAY, so they did and now they feel better:D

DILLIGAF
07-12-2006, 10:26 AM
i AGREE WITH YOU ON lAKE mOHAVE dEB. i GET TIRED OF WAVING AND NOT GETTING AND WAVE BACK. If I would have seen you I would have grabbed you and put you on my boat for the day :).
I have helped many people on Mohave personally. For a while there it seemed everytime I wwould go out someone needed a tow in. Angie was with me (and her children) one time and I towed in a pontoon. They threw $10. into my boat which really wasn't necessary but....ya, I kept it. I was floating out on Mohave with my hatch up as I ran my generator and not one person even looked at me to see if I needed help. I didn't but just a wave or something from them would have been nice.
Oh well...........

ROZ
07-12-2006, 10:41 AM
F- Mohave :crossx:

DILLIGAF
07-12-2006, 10:47 AM
F- Mohave :crossx:
Agreed you shit flinger

Ziggy
07-12-2006, 10:50 AM
Nope.........Never have run out of fuel in any of my boats... :p :D
unless you count a failed diaphram fuel pump.....even then I Zig-Gyvered it and made it back to ramps :)

Ziggy
07-12-2006, 10:51 AM
Agreed you shit flinger
ewww..... :yuk:

DILLIGAF
07-12-2006, 10:52 AM
ewww..... :yuk:
I couldn't remember how to spell stirrer (sp?) and that was the best I could come up with....lol

Debbolas
07-12-2006, 11:04 AM
Perhaps I should ask
who HAS NOT run out of gas in a boat?
1. Ziggy

JetBoatRich
07-12-2006, 11:24 AM
Perhaps I should ask
1. Ziggy
2. JBR (YET, knock on wood)
Been lucky so far I guess :rolleyes:

RiverDave
07-12-2006, 11:28 AM
Perhaps I should ask
1. Ziggy
1. Ziggy
2. JetBoatRich
3. RiverDave
Not to say I haven't been in a boat that has ran out of gas.. Just have never done it personally. Once I was complaining to cyclone that everytime there's a jetboat at my house it breaks down, or we spend all weekend working on it.. LOL HBJets boat was f'd up at the time.
Later that day as we were floating in cyclones jetboat aka.. canoe He could see what I was thinking so he casually looked over at me and said "Ya know.. Running out of gas does NOT constitute breaking down." LOL :D
RD

Debbolas
07-12-2006, 11:37 AM
1. Ziggy
2. JetBoatRich
3. RiverDave
Not to say I haven't been in a boat that has ran out of gas.. Just have never done it personally. Once I was complaining to cyclone that everytime there's a jetboat at my house it breaks down, or we spend all weekend working on it.. LOL HBJets boat was f'd up at the time.
Later that day as we were floating in cyclones jetboat aka.. canoe He could see what I was thinking so he casually looked over at me and said "Ya know.. Running out of gas does NOT constitute breaking down." LOL :D
RD
LOL :D
Well I know that our friend who has a jet boat says that the gas for jet boats costs more then the gas for prop boats...... :rolleyes:

Mrs. Bordsmnj
07-12-2006, 11:44 AM
We were in PArker over Memorial weekend and brokedown and NOONE stopped to help, not even the PoPo and we were slamming into the rocks. :mad: Luckily we were able to nurse the boat down river but it was the first time noone didn't offer help.
Oh and I don't recall running out gas either. I know we came close but were able to pull the boat to get gas. Never been towed for no gas. :rollside:

Debbolas
07-12-2006, 12:20 PM
Who has NOT run out of gas
on the lake/river
and had to be towed in................:D
1. Ziggy
2. JetBoatRich
3. RiverDave
4. Bordsmnj

squirt'nmyload
07-12-2006, 12:33 PM
i ran out of gas the first time i took my boat out!!!

Debbolas
07-12-2006, 12:37 PM
I bet froggy has NEVER run out of gas:D
on the lake/river
and had to be towed in................
1. Ziggy
2. JetBoatRich
3. RiverDave
4. Bordsmnj
5. Froggystyle

Mrs. Bordsmnj
07-12-2006, 12:58 PM
on the lake/river
and had to be towed in................:D
1. Ziggy
2. JetBoatRich
3. RiverDave
4. Bordsmnj
Thats not to say we haven't been towed in for other reasons umpteen times! :)

Debbolas
07-12-2006, 01:00 PM
Thats not to say we haven't been towed in for other reasons umpteen times! :)
My first husband had a boat (a bayliner) and this SPECIAL volvo engine, I swear every time he put that thing in the water it broke down and we had to be towed in.......It would work fine in the driveway, but NOT at the lake.
It seemed to work fine in salt water, we would launch at long beach and ski in the channels behind the powerplant.....bleached my hair out REAL good.

AirtimeLavey
07-12-2006, 02:00 PM
Funny pic., but bummer sitch. Ain't it great someone was there for the kodak moment. :squiggle:
I always wave, and always check on those that look distressed. I once towed somebody back to Topock marina, that I swore I had passed 5 -10 minutes ago (headed south), but it took two hours to get back to, while towing. He was stuck in the weeds. Guy then offered money, which I refused, then he threw a $50 Vons grocery cert. in my boat. Said he worked there. Wtf, I kept that.
It's all about the Karma. It can happen to any of us. :cool:

riverbound
07-12-2006, 02:15 PM
I have been towed once or twice. and have actually been on the end where no one would stop to help, even though I had my very young kids in the boat :mad: (I dont think I have ever ran out of gas) so now I always stop to offer help.
Karma will definitely come around.

Big Warlock
07-12-2006, 02:20 PM
Never ran out of fuel.......but came dangerously close in Lake Pacific!!! Went to Dana Point and fuel station was closed! Made it back to Newport on fumes! It happens! Thankfully it isn't anything worse or more expensive! :crossx:

Holland
07-12-2006, 03:00 PM
I'm pretty sure we just worked on that boat. I think his name is Oscar. Pretty cool dude.
Oscar has a Kachina 26 with Purple flames... He lives near Elsinore. He is a really cool dude. He, Jeff (Long Shot Kachina, ***boat July issue) and I are pretty good friends.
Wow... like how I worked that in there??? HA!
But we are actually all friends.

RitcheyRch
07-12-2006, 03:03 PM
Thankfully havent had the boat towed but did have one of my old Sea-Doos towed in. Heck was so long ago dont even remember what happened to it.
Offered the guy money. He refused and said just help some other boater out if needed. Was about 2-3 weeks later that I ended up towing in someone when their boat died at Pyramid.

ahhell
07-12-2006, 03:55 PM
WOW...I didnt hear of this fiasco...Glad it didnt happen when I was with you guys, Tell Matt to get that faulty fuel gauge fixed,,,cuz we KNOW ITS NOT HIS FAULT....... :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:
we'll see you guys next trip out
Talk to Donna about the ride out, she may be heading to R.C. in the next couple o' weeks ;)

Playbuoy
07-12-2006, 04:15 PM
Funny pic., but bummer sitch. Ain't it great someone was there for the kodak moment. :squiggle:
Debbolas! Totally thought you were good to go since when we drove by the cops were assisting you. Had no idea that they weren't gonna tow the Kachina back to Katherine's, otherwise the Chap would have loved to assist a custom! :) And here I thought the situation had been handled, so I whip out the digital to capture the moment. Shame on me...well, kinda, cuz the pic is a lil entertaining. Sorry. You can blame your Captiiiiiiiiiian!

My Man's Sportin' Wood
07-12-2006, 04:20 PM
We ran out of gas at Parker last year at op6. We always go by mileage on our boat. We know it gets 2 miles/gallon and figure how many times it can go up/down the river. Well, the engine is getting tired and now it gets about 1.5 mpg. We found that out that weekend. :D
BTW, some guys towed us across the river for gas. A DCB if I recall.

Kachina26
07-12-2006, 04:28 PM
on the lake/river
1. Ziggy
2. JetBoatRich
3. RiverDave
4. Bordsmnj
5. Froggystyle
Well now that you quailify that statement with "and not be towed in" you can add me to the list :D I ran out 20 feet from the dock. Didn't Louie give you an oar with that thing? Won't get you far, but it'll keep you off the rocks.

GottaJet
07-12-2006, 04:29 PM
I guess sea doo's are good for something besides roosting :p From now on at the beggining of every season anyone who rides a sea doo should have to spend an hour a season helping out in situations like this. Just to make up for the numerous hours of aggrevation they are going to cause. :mad: :)

ChumpChange
07-12-2006, 04:33 PM
Amazing you could confuse them because Kachina claims no two boats look the same :D :D :D

ahhell
07-12-2006, 04:38 PM
on the lake/river
1. Ziggy
2. JetBoatRich
3. RiverDave
4. Bordsmnj
5. Froggystyle
6. ahhell..sorry :p

AZKC
07-12-2006, 04:56 PM
See what happens when the Ugly Arizona Mormons put a hex on you :crossx:
Disclaimer
Its a joke, if your a Mormon from AZ

INFINITEJJ
07-12-2006, 05:10 PM
Originally Posted by Debbolas
I bet froggy has NEVER run out of gas
on the lake/river
1. Ziggy
2. JetBoatRich
3. RiverDave
4. Bordsmnj
5. Froggystyle
6. ahhell..sorry :p
7. INFINITEJJ..... lots of other things though!

Devil's Advocate
07-12-2006, 05:57 PM
Running out of gas and the occassional tow....all part of the adventure when you're playin' hard :rollside:
If it hasn't happend, it will, sometime folks.

Debbolas
07-12-2006, 05:59 PM
Debbolas! Totally thought you were good to go since when we drove by the cops were assisting you. Had no idea that they weren't gonna tow the Kachina back to Katherine's, otherwise the Chap would have loved to assist a custom! :) And here I thought the situation had been handled, so I whip out the digital to capture the moment. Shame on me...well, kinda, cuz the pic is a lil entertaining. Sorry. You can blame your Captiiiiiiiiiian!
I think Kelly said that someone was taking a picture of us.....I'm like can't they help?!?! :crossx: The boat cops said they couldn't tow us in:(
I was hoping this thread would die............ :crossx: :crossx:
on the lake/river
1. Ziggy
2. JetBoatRich
3. RiverDave
4. Bordsmnj
5. Froggystyle
6. ahhell..sorry
of course your jetboat's gas costs more than our boat's gas..........right Bob? (I still have that hat pic I can post ya know:D)
See what happens when the Ugly Arizona Mormons put a hex on you
Disclaimer
Its a joke, if your a Mormon from AZ
I knew that posting would come back to bite me in the ass one of these days :D:D:D Did I mention all the beautiful people I saw in Bullhead city?
(some even had teeth) ;)

AZKC
07-12-2006, 06:06 PM
I knew that posting would come back to bite me in the ass one of these days :D:D:D Did I mention all the beautiful people I saw in Bullhead city?
(some even had teeth) ;)
It just takes a little time for the MoJo to kick in :skull:

Second "PLACE"
07-12-2006, 06:09 PM
[
I was hoping this thread would die............ :crossx: :crossx:
...you know Deb, This pic just might become a fixture for the 2007 model Sea-Doo brochure. Great demonstration of tow capacity. :p
Of course from now on, every time I go past your house and see the boat in the driveway it will remind me of this thread..... sorry neighbor :p

Debbolas
07-12-2006, 06:19 PM
Actually we are storing it out at Fort Mohave.... :skull:
:skull: look, I just noticed that this skull :skull: looks just like the skull on our boat:D :skull:
:skull:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1566July_4th_weekend_a_the_lake_and_kittens_007.jp g
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1566boat_almost_in_water.jpg
:skull:

Screemy1
07-12-2006, 06:50 PM
never ran out of gas.... but I am always looking... kinda paranoid my wife says.... did brake a throttle cable once... almost needed a tow until I convinced my friend to be my throttle man... he used his hand on the carb and I told him when to give it gas and how much... talk about a team builder.... that sucked!!! :mad:

Ultracrazy
07-12-2006, 07:08 PM
After being Towed in by a Sea-Doo,Scream might want to change his name to Oscar :cool: :rolleyes: :)
Nice...... :)

Playbuoy
07-12-2006, 10:05 PM
I think Kelly said that someone was taking a picture of us.....I'm like can't they help?!?! :crossx: The boat cops said they couldn't tow us in:(
Um, yeah, that was us. :) Thought the cops had it covered tho...that's the only reason we left. Shoot, I remember coming down Mojave two days before that picture when we were caught in a monsoon and we slowed down to ask people if they needed help! So, nornally we're the ones waving and asking people if they need help, but we thought COPS = TOW. Guess not.
Sorry bout that!

Debbolas
07-13-2006, 07:14 AM
Um, yeah, that was us. :) Thought the cops had it covered tho...that's the only reason we left. Shoot, I remember coming down Mojave two days before that picture when we were caught in a monsoon and we slowed down to ask people if they needed help! So, nornally we're the ones waving and asking people if they need help, but we thought COPS = TOW. Guess not.
Sorry bout that!
No worries...................I know you will stop next time ;)

Essex29
07-13-2006, 07:27 AM
Never ran out of gas before, but I have broken down.... :mad:
I'd take a tow from a PWC or hell I'd even let Jack Lalane swim me in, sure beats hitting the rocks :boxed:

Hot4McGraw
07-14-2006, 08:18 AM
I guess I can't add my name to the list of peeps that haven't ran out of gas!

Hot4McGraw
07-14-2006, 08:19 AM
Hey Deb, leave Mandy alone.......he can look out for me anytime he wants :)

Debbolas
07-17-2006, 08:33 AM
Hey Kelly girl!!